New Topic Respond to this Topic
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 03:30 PM Reply

...Well I personally don't think the series has been shitty, or the last few episodes have sucked by any means...
People are expecting countless zombie killing, and no story build up.
There are a few things I can point out that I dislike about the show, but it's a solid series so far and it gave me a reason to look forward to the past six Sundays.
I'm watching the Marathon on AMC today with my Dad and brother.. Gonna be nice.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 03:39 PM Reply

At 12/5/10 03:30 PM, EpicFail wrote: ...Well I personally don't think the series has been shitty, or the last few episodes have sucked by any means...
People are expecting countless zombie killing, and no story build up.
There are a few things I can point out that I dislike about the show, but it's a solid series so far and it gave me a reason to look forward to the past six Sundays.
I'm watching the Marathon on AMC today with my Dad and brother.. Gonna be nice.

I think the show would actually get stale if it was constant zombie killing. I mean, building up a relationship and concern for the characters is what makes the moments when they are attacked by zombies so powerful.

The show tries to be somewhat realistic, and as you see... when zombies attack sometimes people will die. So, if they were constantly fighting zombies the show would either be too "cartoon-y" or all the lead characters will die.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 04:36 PM Reply

I just went over to the IMDB for the first time to see what score this show got, and it has a score of a whopping 9.3!! Just to put that into perspective, "The Shawshank Redemption" has the highest score of any movie on the IMDB and that has a score of only 9.1! From what I hear, it is apparently on AMC, and I will really try hard to check this out whenever I can as I have gotten into some popular series by recommendation.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Orange-Jews
Orange-Jews
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 04:42 PM Reply

Huh... I wish ANY of the characters were even remotely likable. That way when they get killed off, I'll actually give a shit. At this point though I want them all to die. Cept maybe the asian fellow... he's cool.

So far it feels like the entire season could have been condensed into 1 episode. No episodes or scenes are really memorable, either. I can barely remember their names.

BBS Signature
Orange-Jews
Orange-Jews
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 04:44 PM Reply

At 12/5/10 02:30 PM, RacistBassist wrote: To everyone bitching about the guy who cut off his hand and cauterized it:

Aron Ralston had his right arm trappe dunder a boulder. So what did he do? He snapped his fucking forearm bones and sawed through that shit and walked to get help.

He also said his arm was basically mush, and it was like cutting butter.

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 12/5/10 04:36 PM, Ericho wrote: I just went over to the IMDB for the first time to see what score this show got, and it has a score of a whopping 9.3!! Just to put that into perspective, "The Shawshank Redemption" has the highest score of any movie on the IMDB and that has a score of only 9.1! From what I hear, it is apparently on AMC, and I will really try hard to check this out whenever I can as I have gotten into some popular series by recommendation.

Another fun fact must of you probably know: Frank Darabont directed The Shawshank Redemption and he's the developer of The Walking Dead, so, that means that he's the greatest man on IMDB.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 08:31 PM Reply

The season finale is on tonight. It's bitter sweet.

On one side, I get to see an awesome ass show have it's first season finale; which is bound to be explosive.

On the other side, there won't be anymore shows for a while.

I feel like I am going to have to go kidnap someone that looks like Rick, and lock them in my crawl space. There I will force them to act out improve scenes from The Walking Dead. I could feed him frozen chicken-pot-pies. He could shit in the corner and use fiberglass insulation for toilet paper. I could install a large hamster-cage style water bottle.

Yess... that is what I will do.

BRB, felonies.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
ultrafighter1
ultrafighter1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 09:33 PM Reply

EEEEPPPIIICC being banned for caps are tottaly worth it

God knows why you are reading this.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 10:17 PM Reply

Bippity-Boopity-Rippity-RAPE.

in the library, with a penis

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 10:41 PM Reply

I find the fact that the French were the last to hold out impossible.

lol surrender at first sign of danger

BBS Signature
Danavers
Danavers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 10:59 PM Reply

So that's where the grenade went.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 12/5/10 10:41 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: I find the fact that the French were the last to hold out impossible.

lol surrender at first sign of danger

It makes complete sense though. The French surrendered and went underground.They have a knack for doing that against superior forces

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
PsilocybinShroom
PsilocybinShroom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 11:16 PM Reply

Haven't gotten to watch the new episode, but I heard it was the worst one yet.

too hipster for a sig

oh wait

BBS Signature
smeagol1
smeagol1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 11:21 PM Reply

At 12/5/10 02:30 PM, RacistBassist wrote: To everyone bitching about the guy who cut off his hand and cauterized it:

Aron Ralston had his right arm trappe dunder a boulder. So what did he do? He snapped his fucking forearm bones and sawed through that shit and walked to get help.

For once in my life I agree with you, also is next season really all the way at fall 2011?

Enter Thy Metal Hell
.NG Cryptozoology Club
www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 5th, 2010 @ 11:54 PM Reply

I thought the season finale was excellent, loved it... I really thought a certain individual would have gotten killed off at the camp (not saying names since most here haven't read the comics).
I guess not, they're making it very different... I love it, can't wait for the second season.

Yeah, whatever.

Statwhore
Statwhore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 01:24 AM Reply

Can't wait for the inevitable fight between Shane and Rick next season.

BBS Signature
JC1playa
JC1playa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 02:23 AM Reply

Character build up is fine, but i don't need tons of useless filler and time wasted, it can be made more interesting. It's called the" walking dead", not the " get to know some homeless people stare and each other and banter", if i wanted to watch a fuckin chick show, I would. I wish i had the time and patience to go into more detail but im short on time and tired and basically this series so far as a whole has pissed me off. Oh, what do you know, the scientist whispers something at the end and leaves a shitty fuckin cliff hanger. Once again, fan boys who are just defending this series for the sake of defending it, get real, for the ppl that REALLY feel that this series has good build up, no it doesnt and grow a pair.

Orange-Jews
Orange-Jews
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 03:38 AM Reply

It's a drama for stupid people who can't watch a real drama. More zombies, less annoying characters.

BBS Signature
The-universe
The-universe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 04:22 AM Reply

While I'm waiting to see episode 6 and put season 1 to bed, I thought I might share.

I adore the show. I've been an avid fan of zombie flicks since I was a young teenager. But they always missed something, something I couldn't quite put my finger on.

THE CHARACTERS. Movie's just aren't long to develop the character or emphasise the true horror about the reality they're living in. People aren't muscle bound hero's that will swoop in and save the day until the end credits show up. The Dawn of the Dead remake illustrates my point exactly; A young woman's dad is discovered to be bitten and seconds after he turns, he's shot. Like a mercy killing. The young woman is crying and upset, fair enough. But a few scenes later she's laughing and happily flirting with one of the security guards. I'm sorry, but if there's mass havoc with blood, guts and tits flying around while everyone else you know is dead the life you've lived is gone forever with little hope of salvation, you're not going to be hanging around with a straight chinned douchebag just after the last thing you cared about just died. That's where the walking dead comes in, when somebody dies, you fucking know exactly how they feel about it. Mind shatteringly bad.

So, I think it deserves all the credit it receives because it's original. It revolves around the characters more than half baked action scenes. Although my only criticism is, it can be boring at times.

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

walterwagner
walterwagner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 04:58 AM Reply

my good sir im currently watching it and i belive i orgasmed at least 20 times

I Know Drugs, I Know Video Games, I Know Rap, I Know Dru- wait...nevermind. Feel free to discuss any of these with me

BBS Signature
Damien
Damien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 11:19 AM Reply

At 12/4/10 03:45 PM, Crink wrote:
At 12/4/10 09:08 AM, Damien wrote:
Holy shit I didn't even realize that.
Sweet cockbals! thats kind of a big deal!
its a bigger deal than the hand thing you were bitching about.

I KNOW RIGHT!
Man I feel so stupid right now.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 11:24 AM Reply

At 12/6/10 03:38 AM, Orange-Jews wrote: It's a drama for stupid people who can't watch a real drama. More zombies, less annoying characters.

I'm sure you are aware of this but if you don't like it you don't have to bother posting in it's thread plain and simple.
You've obviously taken the time to watch it which would make you a stupid person as well as the rest of us too (btw).
I enjoy the show, I'm an original fan of the comics and I can't say no to watching it on TV, I love it.
As for not being able to watch real Dramas on TV, the only ones I've enjoyed are this and Dexter.

Yeah, whatever.

Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 12:44 PM Reply

At 12/6/10 11:19 AM, Damien wrote:
At 12/4/10 03:45 PM, Crink wrote:
At 12/4/10 09:08 AM, Damien wrote:
Holy shit I didn't even realize that.
Sweet cockbals! thats kind of a big deal!
its a bigger deal than the hand thing you were bitching about.
I KNOW RIGHT!
Man I feel so stupid right now.

no seriously, that one thing causes the entire show to collapse

hey

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 01:01 PM Reply

I just want to know why that scientist locked the doors in the first place? Why didn't he give them a choice from the get-go? The season finale was great though, yet I do wish someone more important would have died for some reason. I don't even remember that black ladies name.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 01:09 PM Reply

At 12/6/10 01:01 PM, Cootie wrote: I just want to know why that scientist locked the doors in the first place? Why didn't he give them a choice from the get-go? The season finale was great though, yet I do wish someone more important would have died for some reason. I don't even remember that black ladies name.

The more important characters are needed as it goes, it seems to be following the comics with who is dying at what time, excluding the characters that were not in the comics to begin with that is, which she wasn't.

I think the scientist wanted to keep them in there because he didn't see a point in them leaving, it was either they died there with no pain or they struggled to survive out in the real world infested with zombies and 'evil'.
Not sure though, who knows... Dude was a nutcase.

Yeah, whatever.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 02:54 PM Reply

I fucking loved the finale, but I liked my finale inspired dream better. You see, after watching last nights episode, it fucked up my dreams. I will now share.

It starts out with me, some people from my basketball team, and the guy that sits next to me in spanish class. We are in the CDC, but in the lobby. There are just regular ass doors. The only think keeping the zombies out is the fact you have to pull open the doors, and they can't figure that shit out.

We are getting hungry, so we venture into the parking lot (which, in my dream, was my church parking lot for some reason). On the ground around the parking lot are zip-lock bags filled with Perogies.

We collect the bags, and go back inside. Sadly, someone didn't close the door good. Zombies started filling the CDC. They didn't attack us though, they went for the bags.

Those mother fucking zombies ate all my perogies. They ignored us, and we escaped.

I then woke up, went back to sleep, and the dream resumed. This time it starts out on a bed, with the dude from mt spanish class laying on it, infected. We decide not to kill him until he changes. When he does start to change, I jump up on the bed to hold him down.

Then one of the basketball players shot him in the head. It didn't kill him. Shot him in the head again, didn't kill him. Shot him in the heart, didn't kill him. Shot him in the head again, didn't kill him. Then we all punched him in the face until he died.

Then I woke up, tinkled, and went back to sleep. This me and the guy from spanish class (some how healed and uninfected) were in my church recreation building. A couple zombies get in, so we push them into rooms and tie a string across the doorway. If they tried to leave, they got tangled the fuck up in the single string. End of dream.

So, to recap: Had a crazy ass dream caused by the awesome season finale, discovered that zombie's one true weakness is string.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 03:04 PM Reply

Ok guys, I made the mistake of watching the finale drunk.

Can someone tell me what the fuck was going on? Why wasn't the bitch raped?

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 03:07 PM Reply

At 12/6/10 03:04 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Ok guys, I made the mistake of watching the finale drunk.

Can someone tell me what the fuck was going on? Why wasn't the bitch raped?

Because she used her claws and scratched the fuck out of him and he ran out of the room sobbing like a little girl. Shane gave the others the silent treatment out of shame the next day.

BBS Signature
Denton
Denton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 03:47 PM Reply

I was looking for this! But i couln't find any usefull information about it! So it's a serie huh, i thought a movie, it's to bad we don't have this serie here in Holland...i will definatly watch it when it does!

It's impossible to use the bathroom in Denton's house, as not even his toilet paper takes shit from anyone.

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead Dec. 6th, 2010 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 12/6/10 03:47 PM, Dent0n wrote: I was looking for this! But i couln't find any usefull information about it! So it's a serie huh, i thought a movie, it's to bad we don't have this serie here in Holland...i will definatly watch it when it does!

I believe that the first season is for sale on Amazon... But I think they are only selling it as downloadable episodes on there right now... Ten dollars for the whole season, you may want to wait until it is actually on DVD though.... Seems like a better plan.

Yeah, whatever.