New Topic Respond to this Topic
Damien
Damien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-11-29 21:06:26 Reply

At 11/29/10 07:43 PM, Cootie wrote: Remember, they implied that he wrapped a tourniquet around the wound and soon after used that stove to cauterize it. So, it can me assumed that he acted quickly and didn't lose THAT much blood.

Unless his name is fucking Luke Skywalker and got his hand cut off by a lightsaber, I won't buy it.
I know I'm being bitchy about this fictional story.

It just baffled me when they showed his hand cut off. I know they said stuff about the saw being too blunt to cut through the cuffs.
But I think bones are stronger then aluminum. Especially when you're cutting yourself, which would induce such horrific pain that you would loose a lot of strength and focus to actually push through said bones.
And did you see the muscles on that guy? He must be from the Saw universe to pull that shit off.

Also, the moment your hand is cut off you instantly gush out a shitload of squirting blood.
Basically everything your body is pushing through the veins is flooding out at that moment. Sure you can put a silly tourniquet on it, and stop the bleeding in some magical D.I.Y. way.
But it would've taken away a lot of his strength loosing all that delicious blood.

After he magically stopped the bleeding, with stuff from a toolbox, he then somehow managed to get downstairs and fight 2 zombies with his bare hands and a wrench.
And all this with loosing a fuckton of blood.

My bullshit meter says "DAMIEN STOP WATCHING THIS SHOW."
But my jizzmeter says "Damien, it will get better. Don't worry, it's only the first season"

There is no rationality in zombieland.

I should make an animation on how silly The Walking Dead is.
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-11-29 21:48:38 Reply

At 11/29/10 09:06 PM, Damien wrote: But I think bones are stronger then aluminum. Especially when you're cutting yourself, which would induce such horrific pain that you would loose a lot of strength and focus to actually push through said bones.

Bones are more brittle. When force is applied, aluminum bends. Bone breaks.

Bone's composition also allows it to be sawed through easily. It is also well within the range of possibility that he could do that without passing out. Some people have a very high tolerance to pain, not to mention adrenaline will numb the feeling some.

He apparently knew what he was doing when he made a tourniquet and cauterized it. When pirates were shot, they would take a swig of whiskey, bite a bullet, and cut the wounded limb off. They would then press on it with a hot iron. That has been common practice for centuries.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Jackdabomb
Jackdabomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-11-29 22:13:08 Reply

At 11/29/10 09:48 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: He apparently knew what he was doing when he made a tourniquet and cauterized it. When pirates were shot, they would take a swig of whiskey, bite a bullet, and cut the wounded limb off. They would then press on it with a hot iron. That has been common practice for centuries.

Merle is a pirate?

BBS Signature
Damien
Damien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-11-29 22:42:30 Reply

At 11/29/10 10:13 PM, Jackdabomb wrote:
At 11/29/10 09:48 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote: He apparently knew what he was doing when he made a tourniquet and cauterized it. When pirates were shot, they would take a swig of whiskey, bite a bullet, and cut the wounded limb off. They would then press on it with a hot iron. That has been common practice for centuries.
Merle is a pirate?

Omg this show just got ten times more awesome.

Ok on the adrenaline part. I'm not saying it's entirely impossible.
Just very far fetched.

Damn those pirate rednecks and there superior power.
True though. If you are one of the survivors in a zombie apocalypse, you are one tough motherfucker.

creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-11-29 22:50:27 Reply

Episode 5 (Wildfire) was excellent IMO. The scene of Amy and Andrea was very emotional and I don't think it was filler (like most of you). I couldn't care less about that mexican guy and his family, so I'm glad they're gone. And their arrival to the CDC, that was great, that scientist must be a mad man, I bet he and Daryl won't get along.
Anyway, great episode, and next week is season finale, it's going to be epic, now we have to wait how long til next season premieres.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-11-29 22:53:06 Reply

I'm pissed that the show doesn't follow the GN, but the awesomeness of it makes up for that.

Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-11-30 22:32:18 Reply

Is it just me or does everybody jizz every time a gun is fired in this show?

AgroNurse
AgroNurse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-11-30 22:34:09 Reply

WTF!

They just fired all of the writers....
WHAT DO?!

BBS Signature
Ptero
Ptero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-11-30 22:35:47 Reply

At 11/30/10 10:34 PM, AgroNurse wrote: WTF!

WHAT DO?!

Hmm.

The two best episodes were written by the guy who'll be writing the scripts from now on. I have no problems with this.

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-11-30 22:42:56 Reply

At 11/29/10 10:53 PM, Shade wrote: I'm pissed that the show doesn't follow the GN, but the awesomeness of it makes up for that.

Just remember that if it followed the comics then any of the original fans would get bored watching it in a way because they know what's going to happen... I was upset at first that it was so different, but I think they're doing a great job of making it their own story so far.
Characters are still dying off in the same order, but everything else is different... There was no disease control place in the comics which made it surprising for me, if they were to follow the comics I would be able to know the entire series as I get every new released comic a month.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

AlbinoJim
AlbinoJim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-01 23:48:43 Reply

I cried when Jim... ya know....

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-03 12:52:17 Reply

WHAT DO?!

Based on the past 3 episodes, that's a good thing.

At 11/29/10 10:50 PM, creepyboy wrote: their arrival to the CDC, that was great

The arrival was very tense, I liked how urgent Rick got when the GEEKS showed up and it was all dark and that scientist is all like moving his camera and Rick is all shouting up in this bitch.

But, the main thing the characters have been discussing, risking their lives over, people dying because of, is guns. Guns and ammo. Yet they run past various rifles and pistols and they don't even consider picking one up, asking to pick one up or even acknowledge them at all.

The Walking Dead

hey

BBS Signature
Damien
Damien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 09:08:13 Reply

At 12/3/10 12:52 PM, Crink wrote: But, the main thing the characters have been discussing, risking their lives over, people dying because of, is guns. Guns and ammo. Yet they run past various rifles and pistols and they don't even consider picking one up, asking to pick one up or even acknowledge them at all.

Holy shit I didn't even realize that.
Sweet cockbals! thats kind of a big deal!

AgroNurse
AgroNurse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 10:09:38 Reply

I felt this was appropriate.

The Walking Dead

BBS Signature
creepyboy
creepyboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 11:54:39 Reply

At 11/30/10 10:35 PM, Ptero wrote:

WHAT DO?!
Hmm.

The two best episodes were written by the guy who'll be writing the scripts from now on. I have no problems with this.

And Episode 4 (Vatos) was written by Robert Kirkman, the creator of the comic book, and he's consider a freelance writter, not staff writter, so that's a good thing. Frank Darabont has a clear vision of what way he wants to take with the show, so at the end it's a good thing.
I'm excited about the season finale, but I'm also worried because rumors said that second season will premiere on HALLOWEEN 2011!!!!!!!!!!!, it's a long time, I can't wait that long!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet
Art Page|Art Thread|DeviantArt|Twitter

BBS Signature
JT1
JT1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 11:58:28 Reply

At 12/4/10 10:09 AM, AgroNurse wrote: I felt this was appropriate.

It was. Thank you AgroNurse. Thank you very much.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 12:02:16 Reply

At 11/29/10 10:50 PM, creepyboy wrote: Episode 5 (Wildfire) was excellent IMO. The scene of Amy and Andrea was very emotional and I don't think it was filler (like most of you).

No, it was defanatly a filler episode... I got down to the last 5 minutes of it, showed the time, and shouted out " What the fuck? Nothing even happened!!! " ... Because that's exactly what happened... nothing really worth while.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature
JT1
JT1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 13:13:30 Reply

At 12/4/10 12:02 PM, 111122223138 wrote:
At 11/29/10 10:50 PM, creepyboy wrote: Episode 5 (Wildfire) was excellent IMO. The scene of Amy and Andrea was very emotional and I don't think it was filler (like most of you).
No, it was defanatly a filler episode... I got down to the last 5 minutes of it, showed the time, and shouted out " What the fuck? Nothing even happened!!! " ... Because that's exactly what happened... nothing really worth while.

Have you never heard of character development? Why should I care about danger if the characters are undeveloped?

The Walking Dead is a fundamentally human story set against a backdrop of zombies. Character development is the point of the show. Action is just a tool to encourage character development.

Poopychat
Poopychat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 13:15:03 Reply

i like zombies

Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 15:45:52 Reply

At 12/4/10 09:08 AM, Damien wrote:
Holy shit I didn't even realize that.
Sweet cockbals! thats kind of a big deal!

its a bigger deal than the hand thing you were bitching about.

anyways, i rewatched the end scene where they were at the cdc and the soldiers and zombies are all dead and i assumed the they got overrun by zombies. but why are there no mangled eaten bodies lying in pools of their blood, its as if they all collapsed. i'm calling that the mad cdc guy is alone because he accidentally released a virus or something.

hey

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 15:50:43 Reply

At 12/4/10 10:09 AM, AgroNurse wrote: I felt this was appropriate.

Brofist.

Wait, you're a girl hmmm....
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 15:51:47 Reply

At 12/4/10 01:13 PM, JT1 wrote:
At 12/4/10 12:02 PM, 111122223138 wrote:
Have you never heard of character development? Why should I care about danger if the characters are undeveloped?

The Walking Dead is a fundamentally human story set against a backdrop of zombies. Character development is the point of the show. Action is just a tool to encourage character development.

This is all true. This show isn't meant to be a horror and it isn't meant to be an action show. It is actually a drama and the show is about seeing the people struggle to keep their humanity in this world. You can tell that many characters have already been changed and their morals are breaking down.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 15:52:43 Reply

At 12/4/10 03:45 PM, Crink wrote:
i'm calling that the mad cdc guy is alone because he accidentally released a virus or something.

actually that sounds fucking retarded.

hey

BBS Signature
Krispe
Krispe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 15:58:43 Reply

Hey all. I downloaded all of the five episodes yesterday and been marathoning them. It's real sloppy in some parts but I'm pumped for the final!

I hate you.

BBS Signature
Krispe
Krispe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 16:05:02 Reply

At 11/29/10 07:43 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 11/29/10 07:41 PM, Damien wrote:
Enough ranting. More counting down until next episode.
Remember, they implied that he wrapped a tourniquet around the wound and soon after used that stove to cauterize it. So, it can me assumed that he acted quickly and didn't lose THAT much blood.

I was so pissed after episode 3 when they just left it with the cut off hand AND the hacksaw next to the chains..but straight after they explained in detail how he survived and why the chains weren't cut.

Its like the writers are baiting ragers at some points.

I hate you.

BBS Signature
SloppyMoe606
SloppyMoe606
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-04 16:22:53 Reply

At 12/4/10 04:05 PM, Krispe wrote:
At 11/29/10 07:43 PM, Cootie wrote:
At 11/29/10 07:41 PM, Damien wrote:
Enough ranting. More counting down until next episode.
Remember, they implied that he wrapped a tourniquet around the wound and soon after used that stove to cauterize it. So, it can me assumed that he acted quickly and didn't lose THAT much blood.
I was so pissed after episode 3 when they just left it with the cut off hand AND the hacksaw next to the chains..but straight after they explained in detail how he survived and why the chains weren't cut.

Its like the writers are baiting ragers at some points.

I still think Murrel is alive and going to find them. You know how Rick left that car with a note saying they went to the CDC? Morgen is either dead, or not receiving their calls, so I think Murrel's going to find the car and the note when he drives back to camp. Then he's going to head to the CDC and probably mess something up.

BBS Signature
Krispe
Krispe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-05 13:49:45 Reply

At 12/4/10 03:52 PM, Crink wrote:
At 12/4/10 03:45 PM, Crink wrote:
i'm calling that the mad cdc guy is alone because he accidentally released a virus or something.
actually that sounds fucking retarded.

What actually happened.

The Walking Dead

I hate you.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-05 14:30:03 Reply

To everyone bitching about the guy who cut off his hand and cauterized it:

Aron Ralston had his right arm trappe dunder a boulder. So what did he do? He snapped his fucking forearm bones and sawed through that shit and walked to get help.

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-05 14:45:26 Reply

Series has been shit since the second episode.

I'll keep watching in case the new writing staff they've hired after firing the original lot can do any better. It's a decent concept, the execution has just been laughable.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
SloppyMoe606
SloppyMoe606
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Walking Dead 2010-12-05 14:54:48 Reply

At 12/5/10 02:45 PM, TheMaster wrote: Series has been shit since the second episode.

I'll keep watching in case the new writing staff they've hired after firing the original lot can do any better. It's a decent concept, the execution has just been laughable.

Your face is laughable.

BBS Signature