New Topic Respond to this Topic
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 5th, 2012 @ 06:13 PM Reply

I picked up Metroid II months back but I really can't get into this game. The monotonous feel just doesn't give me a good grip of the game. That aside, Mega Man X finally arrived on VC for Europe so I picked it up when I could and had a blast with it. I still have Mega Man 4 to play so I'll get to that whenever I'm up for it.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 5th, 2012 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 5/5/12 02:04 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: Is the original Contra for the NES going to be on the Wii Virtual Console any time soon? I've been waiting forever for that game to come out.

I have never seen news of Contra for the NES coming to the Virtual Console. However Contra III: The Alien Wars for the Super Nintendo is available which really improved on the Contra formula immensely, so I would gladly recommend that one.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
SmashLuigiFan1
SmashLuigiFan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 5th, 2012 @ 08:32 PM Reply

At 5/5/12 07:54 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 5/5/12 02:04 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: Is the original Contra for the NES going to be on the Wii Virtual Console any time soon? I've been waiting forever for that game to come out.
I have never seen news of Contra for the NES coming to the Virtual Console. However Contra III: The Alien Wars for the Super Nintendo is available which really improved on the Contra formula immensely, so I would gladly recommend that one.

I know that Contra 3 is on there along with Super C, but I really want to go in order of games. Plus I'm really interested in the first game and I've wanted it for awhile now. If it's not going to be on the Virtual Console, any idea how I can get a copy of it besides the original cartridge?

"It's easier to talk about the bad than to understand the good." - Jirard Khalil
"This was a mistake." - Jirard Khalil, 2013
"WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE! GET READY. . ."

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 6th, 2012 @ 12:23 AM Reply

At 5/5/12 08:32 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: I know that Contra 3 is on there along with Super C, but I really want to go in order of games. Plus I'm really interested in the first game and I've wanted it for awhile now. If it's not going to be on the Virtual Console, any idea how I can get a copy of it besides the original cartridge?

Well you could resort to other ways that are not to be discussed here (forum rule). That's the only way I can think of. There will be games like that, one being Earthbound, that we will not get on the Virtual Console.

This is one of those cases in which we have to ask why. I guess you should ask Konami when it comes to this one since that is one of their games.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 15th, 2012 @ 02:09 PM Reply

THREAD UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Yoshi Island Salsa
    Yoshi Island Salsa by blackrose96

Yoshi Island theme, with a latinamerican twist.

Score
    4.95 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

NEW VIRTUAL CONSOLE RELEASE

Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Publisher: SEGA
System: SEGA Master System
Genre: Action, RPG
Cost: 900 Wii Points

The once-beautiful kingdom of Wonder Land has been thrown into chaos by a ferocious, fire-breathing dragon called MEKA dragon. The dragon and his monstrous henchmen conquer the peaceful world, turning it into Monster Land. Unable to defend themselves from the onslaught, the people cry out for a hero to save them. Wonder Boy sets out on and incredible journey across different environments and dungeons. He collects powerful weapons and spells to rid the land of the evil monsters and defeat the dragon!

Related Titles
Wonder Boy III: The Dragons Trap, Wonder Boy in Monster World, and Sonic Chaos

Monster World IV
Publisher: SEGA
System: SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis
Genre: Action, RPG

For the first time outside of Japan, experience the final chapter in the classic Monster World series! One day, a young, green-haired girl names Asha, hears spirits calling out for help. Upon hearing the spirits, she leaves her village and sets forth on a grand adventure into Monster World. One her journey, she comes across a small blue monster named Pepe and a magical Genie. Together they must fight through Monster Land to defeat evil and save the troubled Elemental Spirits.

Related Titles
SECRET OF MANA, Chrono Trigger, and Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

CLOSING NOTES
There are your latest games. Hope you enjoy. Is anybody there anymore? Is the Wii Virtual Console even relevant anymore?

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 18th, 2012 @ 01:14 PM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Toberu Mono
    Toberu Mono by Braiton

Rearrangement of the original from TLS.

Score
    4.72 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

NEW TO THE 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Kirby's Block Ball
Publisher: Nintendo
System: Game Boy
Genre: Action
Cost: $2.99

Kirby takes center stage in this frenzied, block-clearing free-for-all. Use the paddles on all four sides of the screen to bounce Kirby around and destroy the blocks and enemies. By destroying the blocks, you clear stages and obtain special power-ups that will aid you in your quest. Establish the high score on each stage to open up the final level and face KirbyâEUTMs nemesis, King Dedede. With multiple abilities, screens, and stages, this game is sure to put your skills to the test.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 27th, 2012 @ 01:10 AM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Old game
    Old game by FRYukikaze

Music game

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Game & Watch Gallery 2
System: Game Boy Color
Genre: Puzzles, Action, Arcade
Cost: $3.99

With the second of the Game & Watch Gallery series, you can enjoy five different games in both their original and revised versions. Classic versions will take you back to the âEUTM80s and a simpler time in video games. Modern versions feature your favorite characters with improved play control, color and sound effects.

CLOSING NOTES
A small update, but one nonetheless.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 1st, 2012 @ 10:27 PM Reply

THREAD UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Forest Jumping
    Forest Jumping by DanJohansen

Forest Jumping! AH!!!

Score
    4.79 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

BRAND NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Metal Slug 3
Publisher: D4 Enterprise
System: Neo-Geo
Genre: Action, Multiplayer, Shooter

Marco and Tarma are back to blast their way through another action-packed adventure, picking up various weapons along the way. The Slugs are also back and more colorful than ever, with Slugmariners, Drill Slugs and Elephant Slugs joining the original Metal Slugs and Slugnoids. As with previous titles, there are hidden items to be found and POWs to be rescued, while a branching map lets players take a different route to the end with each play-through.

Related Titles
Metal Slug, Metal Slug 2, and Final Fight 2

Rayman
Publisher: Ubisoft
Genre: Action, Adventure, Platformer
Cost: $4.99

Known for its groundbreaking animation and music, Rayman is a game that stands the test of time. One fateful day in the Glade of Dreams, the evil Mr. Dark threatens the world and traps the Electoons. It is up to Rayman to free them and defeat the evil forces. Explore six unique worlds and play through more than 70 levels of platforming madness. Face menacing enemies and epic boss battles. The game is fun for all but difficult to defeat.

CLOSING NOTES
Well Rayman was one entry I didn't think I'd see on this list. Still no Yoshi's Island though... sadness.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 01:05 AM Reply

At 6/1/12 10:27 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Metal Slug 3

Ugh. Putting this on the VIrtual Console is dumb. One of the first Wii games released was that Metal Slug Anthology had the first six Metal Slug games on it....

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Itachi888Uchiha
Itachi888Uchiha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 04:15 PM Reply

The King of Fighters '97

Ok SNK. Now when you release KoF '98 and Mark of the Wolves please give me a call.

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 04:21 PM Reply

This may-or-may-not be on topic (though it's related to the Virtual Console so I'm sure it is), but I hear that you can transfer your Virtual Console games on the Wii to a Wii U.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 7th, 2012 @ 08:25 PM Reply

At 6/7/12 04:21 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: This may-or-may-not be on topic (though it's related to the Virtual Console so I'm sure it is), but I hear that you can transfer your Virtual Console games on the Wii to a Wii U.

I need to be looking into where Virtual Console is gonna go with the Wii U. All I know is that some games will be remade into HD Virtual Console releases, which have to be bought separately from the standard definition. So more information will be gathered.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 8th, 2012 @ 03:18 AM Reply

At 6/7/12 04:21 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: This may-or-may-not be on topic (though it's related to the Virtual Console so I'm sure it is), but I hear that you can transfer your Virtual Console games on the Wii to a Wii U.

That would be amazing. Do you have a link? Where did you hear this?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 8th, 2012 @ 07:26 AM Reply

I would definitely hope so if I do end up getting a WiiU. They shouldn't expect customers to pay the same game twice just because of transferring to the new console. At least for now I don't have to worry about the WiiU seeing as there's nothing for me to pick up at this point.

Formerly Bahamut

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 8th, 2012 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 6/8/12 07:26 AM, Bahamut wrote: At least for now I don't have to worry about the WiiU seeing as there's nothing for me to pick up at this point.

What about Pikmin 3? That game is going to rock. It'll be the system's killer app for sure.

Also, where's the Commodore 64 games at? I'm still waiting for Mayhem in Monsterland!

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 03:06 PM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• ReEvolution
    ReEvolution by Braiton

Revolution of mankind is here.

Score
    4.76 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Headline: NintendoâEUTMs Wii U Virtual Console to Play Old Wii Games, Company Says at E3
Have a ton of Wii Virtual Console games? No need to purchase new versions for the new Wii U. NintendoâEUTMs Wii U, successor to the groundbreaking Wii, has been confirmed for release this holiday season, with plenty of bells and whistles --- both to set it apart from the competition and attempt to change the world of gaming all over again. Fans who have purchased libraries of old games will not lose their downloaded game titles when they decide to upgrade to the new system.

So pretty much you can transfer your old games to the new console. The question is though, is that a completely wise choice? The choice will be inevitable, you will have no choice when stuff is released later on. I will say if you like your Gamecube games you should not get rid of your Wii or put some money down on a good Gamecube. The Wii U will most likely not be backwards compatible with Gamecube games. I have heard rumors of the possibility of Gamecube games being on the new virtual console for the Wii U, which is a possibility, but a small one. Now onto the new stuff!

The Last Blade
System: NEO-GEO
Genre: Action, Fighting

The Last Blade is a fighting game set in the "BakumatsuâEU period of Japanese history, where 10-plus swordsmen are fighting for different purposes. The game is similar to its predecessors from the Samurai Showdown series released by the same company, but it differs in allowing players to choose between two sword types; the damage-focused âEUoePowerâEU or âEUoeSpeed,âEU which promotes speedy play. Other game elements include maneuvers like âEUoeRepel,âEU which allows players to deflect enemy attacks, and âEUoeSublime Slash,âEU which cancels âEUoeSuper SliceâEU and can be combined with âEUoeSuper Secret Slice.âEU DonâEUTMt miss out on powerful -moves like "Super Secret SliceâEU and âEUoeHidden Secret Slice.âEU

Related Titles
The King of Fighters '97, Final Fight 2, and Sword of Vermillion

Prince of Persia
Genre: Action, Adventure, Puzzles, Platformer
Cost: $4.99

Traverse sprawling levels, dodge deadly traps such as spikes and guillotines, and clash swords with palace guards âEU" all before facing the evil Grand Vizier and rescuing the princess. But be quick: you only have one hour. The sands of time are flowingâEU¦.

COMING SOON

Wii
1. Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
2. Mega Man X2
3. Double Dragon II: The Revenge

3DS
1. Sonic Blast
2. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
3. Kirby's Pinball Land

CLOSING NOTES
Well there is your update. With information regarding transferring your Virtual Console games to the Wii U. If there is a possibility of Gamecube games being available through a Virtual Console system, I will be excited to get my hands on some games that I didn't get to play the first time around, or games that are impossible to find and if you do are fucking expensive. Like Pikmin 2.

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 10th, 2012 @ 04:24 PM Reply

At 6/8/12 03:18 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
That would be amazing. Do you have a link? Where did you hear this?

Here you go.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 11th, 2012 @ 09:33 AM Reply

At 6/8/12 07:42 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 6/8/12 07:26 AM, Bahamut wrote: At least for now I don't have to worry about the WiiU seeing as there's nothing for me to pick up at this point.
What about Pikmin 3? That game is going to rock. It'll be the system's killer app for sure.

One game does not make console. I'd at least show some excitement for the WiiU if they have a new Metroid game in line, even if it sucks as much as Other M.

At 6/10/12 03:06 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Prince of Persia

Hmm, did anything good come from the GBC version of this?

2. Mega Man X2

Capcom took their sweet time to release the first X game in Europe so if they release this soon, I expect mid 2013 for when they release it here.

Formerly Bahamut

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2012 @ 08:18 AM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Four On Four
    Four On Four by BenjaminTibbetts

Electrorchestral vg-style loop with some complex meters.

Score
    4.58 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Mega Man X2
Publisher: Capcom
System: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Action, Arcade, Platformer
Cost: 800 Wii Points

Fresh from defeating Sigma and his Mavericks, Mega Man X tracks down the remaining rogue Reploids to an abandoned factory where they are continuing their rebellion. While Mega Man X is kept busy by eight new Mavericks, a new threat plots to resurrect a secret weapon that is all too familiar. Guide Mega Man X through eight stages in his search to destroy the remaining Mavericks, gain their powers and uncover the secret entity guiding them all. Also, pilot powerful new vehicles like the mobile attack cycle. With help from the good Dr. Light, discover incredible new abilities hidden in capsules buried throughout the world. Only then will X will be ready to face his destiny as a Maverick Hunter.

Related Titles
Mega Man X, Mega Man 3, and Metroid

CLOSING NOTES
For those wandering why I haven't been adding the NES re-releases with the 3DS updates, is because I find it pointless. People aren't interested in getting NES games through a 3DS Virtual Console, they're interested in the handheld releases. At least I think. If you want the different re-releases then I will gladly post them.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:17 PM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Pentimento
    Pentimento by SasquaMox

Lightly synthed piano melody, possibly overworld theme, loop

Score
    4.73 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Double Dragon II
Publisher: Aksys Games
System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Action, Arcade, Fighting
Cost: 500 Wii Points

Billy and Jimmy Lee, the Double Dragons, are back to avenge the loss of Marion. In their quest to defeat the evil Shadow Warriors, Billy and Jimmy must complete nine missions, facing deadly street gangs, ninjas and huge mutant fighters. The duo traverses through construction sites, alleyways and underwater hideouts complete with secret elevator shafts, spiked ceilings and razor-sharp mechanical claws. Can Billy and Jimmy contend with the enemies placed before them and ultimately save the world?

Related Titles
Double Dragon, Final Fight, and Super Smash Bros.

CLOSING NOTES
I got nothing...

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 24th, 2012 @ 09:14 AM Reply

At 6/23/12 02:17 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Double Dragon II

I hope we get Double Dragon III soon. I want to be able to play as Bimmy.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jul. 11th, 2012 @ 01:03 AM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• -| Suddenly Time Told |-
    -| Suddenly Time Told |- by 15thDimension

stuff

Score
    4.79 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

BRAND NEW TO THE Wii VIRTUAL CONSOLE

2020 SUPER BASEBALL
Genre: Sports

Originally released in 1991, this is not your typical baseball game. In the near future, there are two leagues with a total of 12 teams for players to choose from. Pick your team and go for the championship. The games are held at the exclusive Cyber Egg Stadium, where the home run zone is alarmingly small and the fair zone is unusually wide. There is even a stop zone to stop any ball that lands there. As the game progresses Crackers (mines) are installed. During games, armor can be purchased to reinforce your players. All this makes for a unique baseball experience. You may be a bit perplexed at first, but once you get used to it and begin devising a strategy, you might even start enjoying all the curveballs being thrown at you.

Related Titles
Bases Loaded, Super Dodge Ball, and Crash 'N The Boys Street Challenge

CLOSING NOTES
That's pretty much all I've got to say at this point in time.

BBS Signature
Bstuk2
Bstuk2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 12:04 AM Reply

Wonder why they have not put the original Star Fox up yet. I still have 800 points waiting for its release.

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jul. 12th, 2012 @ 04:18 AM Reply

At 7/12/12 12:04 AM, Bstuk2 wrote: Wonder why they have not put the original Star Fox up yet. I still have 800 points waiting for its release.

Because let's be honest, Star Fox 64 was more popular. However I don't think that is the reason when you look at the other crap they put up there. I'm wondering where my Yoshi's Island game is at.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Sep. 6th, 2012 @ 06:57 PM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Nerevar
    Nerevar by Bosa

A song for Tamriel

Score
    4.59 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

NEWS UPDATE
Yeah I know I've been neglecting to update this for quite sometime now. I have been busy with other matters such as The Interviewer, my own blog, and a new club I made called Club Stoic for discussing video game music, remixers, and composers. So yeah I kind of slacked off a bit, but here is what I missed.

The King of Fighters 96'
Genre: Action, Fighting, Multiplayer

Originally released in 1996, this is the third installment in The King of Fighters game series. The series features an SNK all-star lineup, with characters from games like Fatal Fury, Ikari Warriors, Psycho Soldier and Art of Fighting competing with each other for the title of the worldâEUTMs strongest fighter. This installment adds some major systematic changes compared with previous titles. It features small, medium and big jumps, as well as forward and backward flip emergency escapes. It also adds the extra element of guarding in midair. Being able to review commands makes moves easier to execute, and projectiles have been toned down. This title got rid of the idea of projectile spamming as an effective approach, and it marked a major turning point in the series.

Related Titles
FATAL FURY SPECIAL, STREET FIGHTER II: SPECIAL CHAMPION EDITION, and River City Ransom

WORLD HEROES PERFECT
Genre: Fighting, Action, Multiplayer

This is the fourth installment in the World Heroes fighting game series, released in 1995. In this game, 16 figures from across history fight for the title of the worldâEUTMs strongest. In previous installments, the amount of time you held a button down determined the strength or weakness of an attack, but that system has been removed in this game. In addition to a more orthodox fighting-game approach that enables weak, middle and strong attacks using different buttons, this game includes new elements such as the Hero Gauge, Extra Attacks and Guard Breaker Attacks, adding an exciting new layer of strategy.

Related Titles
WORLD HEROES, Final Fight 2, and Double Dragon

METAL SLUG X
Genre: Action, Shooter

This game is an improved version of Metal Slug 2, adding the new âEUoeIron LizardâEU weapon that chases enemies and the âEUoeDrop ShotâEU weapon whose shots bounce. It also adds many new enemies and allows players to adjust the gameâEUTMs difficulty level by changing the position of bosses and other things. It includes several arranged production features such as changed backgrounds and some rearranged BGM. ItâEUTMs a solidly enjoyable game-play experience that offers Metal Slug 2 fans some new discoveries if they look for differences while they play.

Related Titles
Metal Slug, Super C, and DARIUS TWIN

Prince of Persia
System: Sega Genesis
Genre: Action, Platformer
Cost: 800 Wii Points

The Grand Vizier Jaffar has thrown a young prince into the dungeon. Jaffar has forced the princeâEUTMs beloved to choose between marrying Jaffar or death. Take on the role of the prince and try to escape from the dungeon. Beware of obstacles such as unpredictable floors and ceilings, hidden spikes and walls of flames. Pass through invisible doors and walk through portals. Find bottles of magic potions, but partake of them wisely âEU" they could increase your life or, just as easily, they might poison you. Survive all of the perilous levels, rescue the princess from the evil Jaffar and claim the royal residence before the hourglass is empty.

Related Titles
Faxanadu, Black Tiger, and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
System: Game Boy
Genre: Action, Platformer
Cost: $3.99

Be the bad guy and explore the many exciting levels of Kitchen Island. The âEUoe8-bit SummerâEU series continues with this video game classic. Things are really cookinâEUTM on Kitchen Island. Warioâ"¢ has heard that the pirates have a giant golden statue of Princess Toadstool. After being kicked out of the last castle by his rival, Marioâ"¢, heâEUTMs scheming to steal the statue. Help Wario collect treasure by smashing into objects and foes. Power-ups like the Bull Hat, Jet Hat and Dragon Hat will grant Wario new powers that he can use to his advantage. Find special keys to unlock treasure chests that are hidden in various levels. The more treasure you collect, the bigger the castle at the end of the game will be. WarioâEUTMs greed knows no bounds. Help him reach the ultimate prize.

CLOSING NOTES
There you have it. That was a mouthful.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 9/6/12 06:57 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
METAL SLUG X

I still find it amazing that they're releasing these games one by one on the Wii when one of the console's launch titles was a collection of Metal Slug games (1-6 and X) for about 40-50 bucks. It's probably 20 now.

What a rip-off. Who just wants to get one of these games for nine bucks when you could get seven of them for about 20 bucks?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Sep. 16th, 2012 @ 01:34 AM Reply

At 9/15/12 09:58 PM, ZJ wrote: I still find it amazing that they're releasing these games one by one on the Wii when one of the console's launch titles was a collection of Metal Slug games (1-6 and X) for about 40-50 bucks. It's probably 20 now.

What a rip-off. Who just wants to get one of these games for nine bucks when you could get seven of them for about 20 bucks?

Ask the people behind Metal Slug then. They're the ones who decided to opt for these to be on the Virtual Console, not Nintendo. Besides we did just recently get Prince of Persia... that's pretty neat.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 9/16/12 01:34 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
Ask the people behind Metal Slug then. They're the ones who decided to opt for these to be on the Virtual Console, not Nintendo. Besides we did just recently get Prince of Persia... that's pretty neat.

It just seems like a waste of time, money, and effort to put games on the Virtual Console when they've already been bundled for the damn thing.

The Prince of Persia thing is hella cool, though. Those games are awesome.

Also, since Hudson is now defunct, can we pretty much stop expecting anymore Turbo-Grafx16 games to come out anytime soon?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Sep. 27th, 2012 @ 07:50 AM Reply

At 9/26/12 02:06 PM, ZJ wrote: Also, since Hudson is now defunct, can we pretty much stop expecting anymore Turbo-Grafx16 games to come out anytime soon?

I guess it depends really.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 10th, 2013 @ 07:21 AM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• The Gamer
    The Gamer by SomePiker

Track #8 from my 8-day chip-tune project, "8 bit Obituaries 03".

Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

NEWS UPDATE
Bet you didn't expect to see this again. Well I thought I would give this thread an update. Now I am not gonna do all of the updates that have happened due to my absence, mainly because a majority of them have been fighting games for the NEO-GEO. So with that being said, let's get started.

BurgerTime
Publisher:
G-Mode
System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Action, Arcade
Cost: 500 Wii Points

As Chef Peter Pepper, you must fend off the Food Foes while making perfect burgers! Each ingredient is located on a different platform, and you must climb a series of ladders in order to reach them all. Walk across the ingredient to drop it closer to the waiting plate below. Once all the burgers have been completed, youâEUTMll be able to move on to the next level. Use pinches of pepper to stun Mr. Hot Dog, Mr. Egg and Mr. Pickle. You can also lure them onto or under burger buns, lettuce, cheese or tomatoes to escape their clutches! Making perfect burgers gets progressively tougher through the six screens of BurgerTime. ItâEUTMs the ultimate kitchen confrontation!

Related Titles
PAC-MAN, Wrecking Crew, and Yoshi's Cookie

Metal Slug 4
Publisher:
D4 Enterprise
Genre: Action, Multiplayer, Shooter

Metal Slug 4 is the fifth installment in the Metal Slug series. Choose from four different mercenaries and battle against the terrorist group "Amadeus". Skillfully jump and shoot your way through enemies while picking up items to replenish your weapons. Like in the previous games, you can ride vehicles and fight rigorously against enemies. Furthermore, Metal Slug 4 introduces the all-new Metallish System, an interesting bonus scoring system that puts a new spin on things. Additionally, there are new items and characters, creating a fresh new take on the Metal Slug universe.

Related Titles
METAL SLUG X, Alien Soldier, and Wild Guns

BRAND NEW TO THE 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
Since there are a lot of games that I missed with the 3DS, I'm just gonna throw a list up here.

- MYSTICAL NINJA starring GOEMON
- Quarth
- Dr. Mario
- Castlevania: The Adventure
- Wario Land 2
- Kirby's Star Stacker

CLOSING NOTES
Well I missed out on a lot. Still no Yoshi's Island, which disappoints me. However the 3DS classics are looking awesome! If you were a Game Boy fan in the past, well here are some of the classics up for grabs.

BBS Signature