New Topic Respond to this Topic
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 4/2/11 12:31 AM, puddinN64 wrote: You dick. I love how you linked to one of Nintendo's shittiest games ever instead of Earthbound. Well played April Fool's Day Joke.

It's nice to see that someone noticed. Did you look at the TMNT link as well?

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:54 PM Reply

You're a real poopy head for the earthbound news

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 5th, 2011 @ 03:05 PM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Determined Battle
    Determined Battle by corbetweller

Click to listen.

Score
    4.43 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Headline: - "Nintendo eShop Delayed"

The Nintendo eShop will be enabled through a system update which has been announced for late May, 2011. We'll have more information for you after this update becomes available.

Overall Nintendo has delayed it to improve it, which is standard procedure for Nintendo thus coming up with a better product in the end (see "Ocarina of Time" for more). You can read a bit more into this here. I don't mind the delay as long as it works properly instead of it being released screwing up and thus them saying "sorry here's a patch."

NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Super Bonk
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment, Inc.
System: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Action
Cost: 800 Wii Points

Dive headfirst into the action with your famously hard head in the first installment of the Bonk series on the Super NES. This time, Bonk has been caught in King Drool's trap and hurled into darkness. To find his way back to prehistoric times, he must embark on an adventure through streets, caves and eventually outer space! Progress through the stages controlling Bonk, but watch out for enemies blocking your path. Eat meat to transform Bonk and perform even more powerful attacks! Many challenges lie in Bonk's path. In addition to Bonk's spin and climb moves, you can use items like candy, which changes Bonk's size, to overcome these obstacles!

Recommended Titles
Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, and Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure

COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Final Fantasy III (Final Fantasy VI)
Publisher: Square Enix
Genre: RPG

Ages ago, evil beings created powerful creatures called Espers and unleashed them against each other. The resulting battles left their world in smouldering rubble. Legend has it, the Espers destroyed themselves and most of humanity. Magic disappeared forever. Centuries have passed and a rational world now exists with Espers living only in myths, until one frozen solid since the ancient wars is unearthed. Suddenly, there are reports of magic attacks on civilians. Imperial Commandos launch raids using magic-powered MagiTek weapons. Magic is obviously alive and the world is in danger again.

CLOSING NOTES
For those who actually read my April Fool's Joke I thank you. Kind of disappointed about Newgrounds Non-April Fool's "joke" this year. Nonetheless This update is 100% legit. Back to normal until next year.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 5th, 2011 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 4/3/11 11:54 PM, klik wrote: You're a real poopy head for the earthbound news

I know, but twas April Fool's Day and I wanted to do something.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 16th, 2011 @ 08:22 PM Reply

Chrono Trigger
Cost: 800 Wii Points (USA) --- 900 Wii Points (UK)

It's a race through time to change history and save the world! When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono's race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.

BBS Signature
DarknesSoul824212026
DarknesSoul824212026
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 17th, 2011 @ 08:55 AM Reply

Awesome. I'm looking forward to those games. Some of them I might buy.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 17th, 2011 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 4/16/11 08:22 PM, The-Great-One wrote: COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Chrono Trigger

YES! DO WANT! This is almost as good as Earthbound. Being able to pick this up for about eight dollars should be a great deal. I'm eager to finally be able to play this one.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 19th, 2011 @ 11:20 PM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

(Sorry No News Updates)

Editor's Pick: Lode Runner
My favorite puzzle game is Tetris, my favorite style of Tetris has been "Tetris Plus" on the PlayStation. However if I had to pick a puzzle game that I would put as second then it would "Lode Runner." This is one hell of an addicting puzzle game. Your goal is to be a greedy bastard and get the gold while escaping from the enemies through the floor or trapping them in the floor.

Mega Man X
Publisher: Capcom
Genre: Arcade, Platformer

The future of Mega Man has arrived! Hundreds of years after his death, Dr. Light's final creation is discovered. Released from his capsule by Dr. Cain, X is born into the world of the future where robot rebellions are a thing of the past. But when Dr. Cain tries to implement Dr. Light's designs into a new series of Reploids, something goes horribly wrong. Now, the future lies on the brink of destruction and X must use all of his newfound powers and abilities to hunt down the maverick Reploids and their leader, Sigma, before the human race is wiped from the planet!

Recommended Titles
Mega Man, Mega Man 2, and Mega Man 3

Mega Man 5
Publisher: Capcom
System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Cost: 500 Wii Points

Protoman has gone berserk! Destroying half the city was not enough. Now, he has snatched Dr. Light and is holding him and the entire city hostage. Speeding to the rescue is Mega Man and his modified Mega Buster, but eight of Protoman's cybernetic soldiers plan to send Mega Man to the scrap heap for good!

Chrono Trigger

It's a race through time to change history and save the world! When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono's race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.

CLOSING NOTES
Well things seem to be looking up for the Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console. An obscure title or two pops up, but it seems pretty cool to see an old friend once again. I apologize for no new update with news, but I just couldn't find any new info on the Nintendo 3DS' Virtual Console.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 20th, 2011 @ 04:49 AM Reply

At 4/19/11 11:20 PM, The-Great-One wrote: NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Mega Man X

If this doesn't come out in Europe, I will fucking fume!

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

darthhaze
darthhaze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 20th, 2011 @ 04:52 AM Reply

i like what you have done with this thread

DarknesSoul824212026
DarknesSoul824212026
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 20th, 2011 @ 08:28 AM Reply

I'm looking forward to the release date of Chrono Trigger for the Virtual Console.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 3rd, 2011 @ 06:37 PM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Alchemy Room
    Alchemy Room by FourteenSouth

Click to listen.

Score
    4.43 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Editor's Pick: Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
This game has it all and can also be one of the hardest games you'll play as well. If you're a fan of CastleVania you'll probably enjoy this game, especially the final boss. It covers all three movies (when it was a trilogy) from Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, and then Last Crusade. It truly is a fun game, but I can only really recommend it if you like Indiana Jones.

RIVAL TURF!
Publisher: Jaleco
Genre: Beat'em Up

Clean up the streets in a fast and furious fight of incredible two-fisted, tag-team street-fighting action. Get your licks in with a range of attacks, from body slams and leg sweeps to jabs, hooks, uppercuts, and more. Go it alone in single player mode, fight alongside another player, or go head-to-head and toe-to-toe in the special Versus Mode. This could be the toughest fight of your life. Better start swinging now!

Recommended Titles
Final Fight 2, Black Tiger, and Super Smash Bros.

1. Lufia & THe Fortress of Doom
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Mega Man 5
4. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
5. Super Pitfall

CLOSING NOTES
For games coming to the Virtual Console soon I've decided that I'd just list them, because when and if they come onto the Virtual Console they get the full treatment of a full fledge post. So here's a list of five. Overall not a bad update.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 6th, 2011 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 5/3/11 06:37 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
4. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

I'm not wild about this title's gameplay, but it probably has some of the best tunes in video game history. I might purchase this one on the Virtual Consoel, just so I can have my TV blast its tunes. Soooo good.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
pYROkINDoFgUY
pYROkINDoFgUY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 8th, 2011 @ 04:32 AM Reply

At 10/5/10 07:23 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 10/4/10 04:37 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
Mario Party 2
This probably the strangest thing Nintendo has ever announced. Why wouldn't they go in chronological order with the Mario Party games?

Mario Party 2 and 5 are the only ones worth playing imo.

My grass went emo, so now I don't have to cut it anymore.
Anyone up for some Team Fortress 2??
Sig pic stolen from this person.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 17th, 2011 @ 11:59 AM Reply

THREAD UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme
    Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme by Flink101

Click to listen.

Score
    4.37 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Editor's Pick: Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
I know I have suggested this game time and time again and you can't really blame me since it is one of my all time favorite games. However for today's update I thought I would just share with you one of my favorite RPG games and one of my favorite strategy games. Command your army and overthrow the empire by organizing your units for combat and upon battle enter the battle where your unit will fight automatically unless you intervene and change their target. It can be a complex game that will take you a long time to beat, especially if you are going for the best ending.

Chrono Trigger

A young man is transported into the past, altering the course of history and the outcome of the future. He has to find his way home, but first he must travel to the outer edges of time to repair the world's chronology. On the way, he encounters strange friends and foes, utilizes incredible devices and vehicles, and penetrates and neutralizes the fortresses of the past, present, and future. A paradox has been created. If he does not restore the order of time, nothing will ever be the same. He is the one who will become a hero. He is Crono.

Recommended Titles
FINAL FANTASY II, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, SECRET OF MANA

1. Strider
2. Wonder Boy in Monster Land
3. Mega Man 5
4. Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
5. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

CLOSING NOTES
Well now you can experience the fun and fulfillment of Chrono Trigger if you missed out on it through the SNES and the Nintendo DS. At only $8.00 US it is an amazing deal and one I don't suggest some of you pass up on. I can understand why people would pass it up through the DS, but here you really don't have much to lose. I'm just hoping that Final Fantasy VI will be released on the Virtual Console.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 17th, 2011 @ 05:39 PM Reply

At 5/17/11 11:59 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
Chrono Trigger

Zachary John Jones likes this.

Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 May. 20th, 2011 @ 09:08 PM Reply

Amazing how people praise these classic games and when the Virtual Console finally releases something people have been wanting on the Virtual Console. Nobody gives a shit about the update, except for one person, but I notified him of the actual update.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 2nd, 2011 @ 04:10 PM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• -Glorious morning-
    -Glorious morning- by Waterflame

Click to listen.

Score
    4.42 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Editor's Pick
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
You know I haven't thought about this game in a long time and looking back at it as well as what we know now. Japan made it to teach us dumb Americans how to play their favorite genre of games. A bit offensive when you get down to it seeing as how we knew how to survive Final Fantasy and knew about the Dragon Quest games, they were called Dragon Warrior on our side of the pond. However bypass all of that now and this is a great way to introduce someone to the Final Fantasy series without bombarding them. If you're a Final Fantasy fan then check this game out, you may be able to breeze through it, but at the same time you might agree with me on this notion that it's a Junior RPG.

HEADLINE

Project Cafe Virtual Console
A "select group" Virtual Console games will be made available in HD (High Definition) for Project Cafe.Not all VC games will be made available in high definition. This is due to the money, time, and effort that would be required to convert each game to high definition. Also, not all classic games convert to high definition perfectly. Each game must be individually re-done to take advantage of widescreen HD resolutions and aspect ratios. They will be re-done similarly to how classic games are being redone to take advantage of 3DS's 3D capabilities.

Virtual console games are transferable to Project Café. But if you want the high definition (HD) version of a Wii 1 virtual console game instead of the standard version you own now, you will have to pay full price for the high definition version.

You will NOT receive a free upgrade from standard definition virtual console game that you bought on Wii 1 to a HD version of the same game. If you want HD version, you have to rebuy the game. Sega is getting ready to port some of their "Xbox Live Arcade" Genesis HD games (like Sonic) on Project Cafe's virtual console service.

Super Adventure Island
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment, Inc.

Adventure Island is a mysterious and beautiful land that has many hidden dangers. As hero of the island, Master Higgins protects its inhabitants from many deadly creatures. He has restored peace to the uncharted island on many occasions. But something terrible has happened. While Master Higgins and Jeanie Jungle were stargazing, a dangerous entity known only as Dark Cloak turned Jeanie to stone. Master Higgins must venture toward Dark Cloak's castle at the foot of Ice Mountain to rescue her!

Related Titles
Adventure Island, Super Bonk, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2

CLOSING NOTES
Nothing really spectacular in the updates department. However this Project Cafe that is approaching makes me wonder about the Virtual Console a bit more. I mean it will probably be backwards compatible with the Wii games and hopefully the Gamecube games as well, but at the same time what will we expect? Nintendo has the money and with the 3DS has all the video game magazine writers and gamers in the palm of their hands. Nintendo is going to make the jump first into the new generation. Where will that leave the Virtual Console and with Sega already on their side will we see the Sega Dreamcast games appear on Nintendo's newest HD console?

BBS Signature
Chiroz
Chiroz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:05 PM Reply

I don't think they will ever release Mario party 1. The rotating mini-games will most likly break our wii controllers. So I don't think they want to take the chances, which is quite sad :( .

Also, they should realease Mario Party 3 soon because that one was my favorate. I got that as a b-day present when the game was new.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 2nd, 2011 @ 10:29 PM Reply

At 6/2/11 06:05 PM, Chiroz wrote: I don't think they will ever release Mario party 1. The rotating mini-games will most likly break our wii controllers. So I don't think they want to take the chances, which is quite sad :( .

No. It's because they went through a lawsuit once already with Mario Party 1 about people hurting their hands with the rotating mini-games. Nowadays though are controllers are more durable and they probably wouldn't hurt our hands as badly, however I don't think Nintendo wanted to take that chance.

Also, they should realease Mario Party 3 soon because that one was my favorate. I got that as a b-day present when the game was new.

Yeah many people would be happy to see Mario Party 3 on the Virtual Console. I myself still have my N64 with Mario Party 1, 2, and 3 so no worries for me.

BBS Signature
Chiroz
Chiroz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:11 AM Reply

But the n64 controller back then was so stiff thats what caused the blisters. Gamecube and wii classics don't do that. Maybe they can change the controls for the games that make you rotate your joy stick. How about just make it so you have to use the d-pad? Like left, up, right, down with the d-pads and repeat. Sure its not as fun, but I really want Mario party 1 on the virtual console.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:24 PM Reply

At 6/3/11 02:11 AM, Chiroz wrote: But the n64 controller back then was so stiff thats what caused the blisters. Gamecube and wii classics don't do that. Maybe they can change the controls for the games that make you rotate your joy stick. How about just make it so you have to use the d-pad? Like left, up, right, down with the d-pads and repeat. Sure its not as fun, but I really want Mario party 1 on the virtual console.

I understand that believe me. However Nintendo probably doesn't want to take that risk. The Nintendo Wii has shown that it is a wonderful console for families. You think they want to alienate that. If you want Mario Party 1 so badly then all I can tell you is grab a N64 and a controller.

BBS Signature
Chiroz
Chiroz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 4th, 2011 @ 03:54 PM Reply

You can't just assume Nintendo doesn't want to release MP because of those reasons. Can you show proof?

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 4th, 2011 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 6/4/11 03:54 PM, Chiroz wrote: You can't just assume Nintendo doesn't want to release MP because of those reasons. Can you show proof?

No, just guessing. However why would they release Mario Party 2 on the Virtual Console before releasing Mario Party 1.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 4th, 2011 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 6/4/11 04:10 PM, Travis wrote: Well they didn't release the original Final Fantasy before releasing III, or did they? I don't keep up with the VC that much.

Final Fantasy III (which in Japan is VI) has yet to be released on our Virtual Console, however Japan and Europe already have it. They did release Final Fantasy II first (which in Japan is IV), before Final Fantasy I (which is Final Fantasy I no matter where it is).

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 4th, 2011 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 6/2/11 10:29 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
No. It's because they went through a lawsuit once already with Mario Party 1 about people hurting their hands with the rotating mini-games. Nowadays though are controllers are more durable and they probably wouldn't hurt our hands as badly, however I don't think Nintendo wanted to take that chance.

So, Is the original Mario Party getting the Earthbound treatment? Nintendo's Legal Department doesn't want to deal with a potential lawsuit, so the Virtual Console is deprived of a great game? That's lame man. Sometimes I really hate how the world works...

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 4th, 2011 @ 09:38 PM Reply

At 6/4/11 08:59 PM, ZJ wrote: So, Is the original Mario Party getting the Earthbound treatment? Nintendo's Legal Department doesn't want to deal with a potential lawsuit, so the Virtual Console is deprived of a great game? That's lame man. Sometimes I really hate how the world works...

Yeah it does suck. However we could get EarthBound if some small minor things were altered slightly to compensate for lawyers, but the creators of the game don't want to do it. True that all artists have rights to their works not denying that at all, but there is no way that these lawyers can come to an agreement of you share we share, or the developers can't make these changes. I mean do they not know how much just the cartridge of Earthbound goes for on the Internet, if Earthbound was sold on the Virtual Console for 800 Wii Points a pop and if Mother 3 was translated and sold through the 3DS' Virtual Console then the developers would rake in that money from it's very dedicated fanbase.

There is a chance to make everybody happy, but they're all acting like babies.

BBS Signature
Chiroz
Chiroz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 6th, 2011 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 6/4/11 08:59 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 6/2/11 10:29 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
So, Is the original Mario Party getting the Earthbound treatment? Nintendo's Legal Department doesn't want to deal with a potential lawsuit, so the Virtual Console is deprived of a great game? That's lame man. Sometimes I really hate how the world works...

We don't know exactly. Because theres proof on the internet why Earth Bound was never released, but there isn't any for Mario party.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 7th, 2011 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 6/6/11 10:43 PM, Chiroz wrote: We don't know exactly. Because theres proof on the internet why Earth Bound was never released, but there isn't any for Mario party.

I'm not saying that Mario Party won't be released on Virtual Console. I'm just saying it probably won't due to said past lawsuit. We may see it then again we may not. There is no proof of this. I wouldn't mind seeing Mario Party come on the Virtual Console, I just doubt that it will.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Jun. 7th, 2011 @ 09:44 PM Reply

You know what game should be put on the Virtual Console? The Bomberman 64 titles. Those games were fun in both single player and multiplayer. Plus, if they put Bomberman Hero on the service, why not put the other games on there?

Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature