ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 10:17 AM Reply

At 12/20/10 11:14 PM, The-Great-One wrote: NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Mario Party 2

Am I the only one who's saddened by the fact that we're not going to see the first Mario Party on the Virtual Console because of those stupid analog control-stick spinning mini-games? I mean, I know they were a complete pain in the ass to play and caused a lot of people to hurt themselves, but still, that seems like a silly reason to deprive the Virtual Console of a perfectly good N64 game.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
KeroKeroMario
KeroKeroMario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 12/25/10 10:17 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Am I the only one who's saddened by the fact that we're not going to see the first Mario Party on the Virtual Console because of those stupid analog control-stick spinning mini-games? I mean, I know they were a complete pain in the ass to play and caused a lot of people to hurt themselves, but still, that seems like a silly reason to deprive the Virtual Console of a perfectly good N64 game.

I know, I was wondering that myself. I guess Nintendo can't handle anymore lawsuits regarding the situation, so they just cut it. It's the dang people's fault for the stick issues; you don't have to rotate it that hard anyway.

inb4 thatswutshesaidtrolololol

Ah, well, at least I have my Mario Party 1 cartridge handy.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Dec. 25th, 2010 @ 10:34 AM Reply

At 12/25/10 10:30 AM, KeroKeroMario wrote:
Ah, well, at least I have my Mario Party 1 cartridge handy.

Yeah, I know, right? Apparently due to the controversy it stirred up, it's supposed to be/become a collector's item...

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Dec. 30th, 2010 @ 05:41 AM Reply

At 12/25/10 10:34 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Yeah, I know, right? Apparently due to the controversy it stirred up, it's supposed to be/become a collector's item...

Really? Hmm. Glad I held onto my cartridges of Mario Party, Mario Party 2, and Mario Party 3.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Dec. 30th, 2010 @ 06:27 PM Reply

Hey guys I just got the first four Castlevania games on Virtual Console. I have a Wii, PS3, Gamecube so I need virtual console but then again I got NES so I don't really need simon's quest

BBS Signature
RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Dec. 30th, 2010 @ 08:10 PM Reply

S.C.A.T. sounds like fun. Not a bad price either.

I do wish they would put Harvest Moon 64 on the VC. They did the SNES one so I don't see why not. Considering the Natsume fan community I think they'd have several buyers.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:40 AM Reply

I know it's been a while since I've updated this thread. I've been debating on how I want to do these updates since Nintendo has changed it's format. So I thought it would be wise to keep the original format and just tweak some things. Enjoy the updates and this format... it's for your own good.

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

Editor's Pick
Sonic Chaos
Not the speediest video game out there and not the prettiest Sonic game. It is though an underrated little Sonic game that is quite humble to be honest. If you're a Sonic fan then I suggest you pick this game up. You might enjoy it.

Headline - Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console

"Downloadable classic games via the portable Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console service will include Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, as well as those from the Game Gear and TurboGrafx-16 systems."

I want you all to know that the virtual console titles for the 3DS will be posted within this thread alongside updates from the Wii's virtual console as well. So much excitement for Nintendo.

In other news the Wii Virtual Console is slowly picking back up with it's updates. Mario Party 2 was released and an interesting game that I'm thinking of taking a shot at Faxanadu was released.

NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

S.C.A.T. - Special Cybernetic Attack Team
Publisher: Natsume
System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: Action
Cost: 500 Wii Points

It's the year 2029 and humanity faces certain extinction! An alien force led by the Supreme Commander Vile Malmort is positioned to destroy the earth. The President had little time to act. He assembled the greatest scientists from around the globe to stop this menace. From their laboratory came mankind's last hope-the members of S.C.A.T. The Special Cybernetic Attack Team has one goal: the utter destruction of the alien fleet. "They've sent an armada to conquer us. We've sent two warriors from S.C.A.T. It should be a fair fight." Capture and adapt multiple weapons systems. 1 or 2 player cooperative play.

Recommended Titles
Contra III: The Alien Wars, Metal Slug 2, and Mega Man 4

Faxanadu
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment, Inc.
Genre: Action, RPG

You are an adventurer who has just returned to his home town, the Elf town of Eolis, at the base of the World Tree. You find the village in peril-the Elven water supply has dried up, monsters are causing chaos, and the Tree itself, once proud, is slowly wilting. Equipped with the last of the King's money and the trust of the people, you set out to climb the World Tree, braving obstacles, fiends and dangers, to discover the source of this corruption. Wield weapons and magic, get hints from townsfolk, and experience a world of new environments as you ascend to the top of the world!

Recommended Titles
CastleVania: Rondo of Blood, Zelda II: The Adventures of Link, and UFOURIA: THE SAGA

COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Bomberman Hero
System: Nintendo 64
Genre: Adventure
Cost: 1000 Wii Points

One day, out of nowhere, a spaceship crash-landed on Planet Bomber! Journeying to the Peace Mountains to investigate, Bomberman encountered Pibot, the dazed robot pilot. According to Pibot, the evil Garaden Empire had attacked Primus Star - and kidnapped Princess Millian from Pibot's escape ship! Hearing this, Bomberman vows to save the princess, even if he has to travel the length of the galaxy to do it!

Monster World IV
Publisher: Sega
System: Sega Genesis (Mega Drive)
Genre: Adventure
Cost: 900 Wii Points

You control Asha, the green-haired girlfriend of Shion, the hero of the previous game. One day, Asha was standing on a cliff near her home village, and suddenly heard a mysterious voice calling for help. She decided to leave the village and to embark on an adventure to discover the identity of this mysterious person.

CLOSING NOTES
I hope you enjoy these updates. If there is anything I can do to make these updates better then please let me know. If there is a game you're on the look out for then let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 9th, 2011 @ 07:55 AM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• City In The Sky - LOZ Inspired
    City In The Sky - LOZ Inspired by Kylethedarkn

Click to listen.

Score
    4.56 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Editor's Pick

Harvest Moon
If you like to play FarmVille on Facebook, but don't want your other gamer fans to know out of fear of them mocking you. Then why don't you pick up "Harvest Moon." It has that quality to it that if you like FarmVille then you'll be able to pick this game up easily. It's a nice little relaxing game that you can kick back and play.

Headline - 3DS Virtual Console Launch Titles

"Nintendo has clarified that the Virtual Console will be available immediately upon the launch of the 3DS. So far the only titles confirmed for the system's Virtual Console are Super Mario Land and Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, but expect other titles to hit the shelves on launch day."

This is exciting news. I only got to play Link's Awakening once during my childhood and I never got the chance to play Super Mario Land, so I can't wait to see what more will be released. Although I do wonder why Nintendo isn't going with the points system with this.

Bomberman Hero
System: Nintendo 64
Genre: Action, Adventure
Cost: 1000 Wii Points

One day, out of nowhere, a spaceship crash-landed on Planet Bomber! Journeying to the Peace Mountains to investigate, Bomberman encountered Pibot, the dazed robot pilot. According to Pibot, the evil Garaden Empire had attacked Primus Star, and kidnapped Princess Millian from Pibot's escape ship! Hearing this, Bomberman vows to save the princess, even if he has to travel the length of the galaxy to do it! Bomberman is equipped with an infinite supply of bombs, and can count on a variety of upgrades to aid him in his quest. His search for the princess takes him to five exciting planets, reuniting him with his old friend Louie and uncovering all-new items. Fly, swim, shoot, and bomb your way through the galaxy and save Princess Millian!

Recommended Titles
Bomberman '93, Bomberman '94, and Mighty Bomb Jack

Super Adventure Island
Publisher: Hudson
System: Super Nintendo
Cost: 800 Wii Points

Master Higgins is back in his wildest and greatest adventure yet! His girlfriend, Jeannie Jungle, has been turned to stone by the evil Dark Cloak. Now he must leap into action to defeat the scores of guardian animals and monsters that protect the wicked wizard. Join Master Higgins as he reaches new heights of adventure on his high flying skateboard. Speed through underground caves in a crazy mine car ride! Go from tropical shores to the belly of a whale - all in search of his final battle with the mad magician, Dark Cloak!

CLOSING NOTES
Another good update. Bomberman Hero and the revealing of two Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console launch titles. I only wonder if any of the Pokemon games will be added to that list as well. One can only hope.

BBS Signature
TheConfusedTurtle
TheConfusedTurtle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 9th, 2011 @ 09:07 AM Reply

Am I the only one hoping that they bring Tetrisphere to the N64 Virtual console.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 9th, 2011 @ 11:13 AM Reply

At 3/9/11 09:07 AM, TheConfusedTurtle wrote: Am I the only one hoping that they bring Tetrisphere to the N64 Virtual console.

If I find anything I will certainly let you know post haste.

BBS Signature
zaphio
zaphio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 9th, 2011 @ 08:57 PM Reply

Any chance that earthbound will come to the virtual console? I want it very badly cause I heard it was good.

Ponies? Yeah, ponies.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 10th, 2011 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 3/9/11 08:57 PM, zaphio wrote: Any chance that earthbound will come to the virtual console? I want it very badly cause I heard it was good.

For those who are asking if Earthbound will be released. I'm not going to say that it's impossible, but at the same time I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Earthbound has been going through different copyright problems involving music and pop-culture references within the game.

BBS Signature
JL09009
JL09009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 10th, 2011 @ 01:40 PM Reply

There could be, at least, one Super Scope game on the VC, like Battle Clash or Yoshi's Safari. The Wii remote is probably THE perfect replacement for the peripheral.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 10th, 2011 @ 05:05 PM Reply

At 3/10/11 01:40 PM, JL09009 wrote: There could be, at least, one Super Scope game on the VC, like Battle Clash or Yoshi's Safari. The Wii remote is probably THE perfect replacement for the peripheral.

Nobody knows what Nintendo is going to do about the peripherals. NES games such as "Duck Hunt" and "Hogan's Alley" would make for great games on the VC, but they would have to reprogram the games to work with the Wii Remote.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 10th, 2011 @ 08:28 PM Reply

The Nintendo 3DS thing seems great but personally I don't really see any light in handhelds. I so far have not really enjoyed any of them. Sony's PSP is soon outdated once you buy a certain version, Micrsoft is pretty dead in that department Sega ones were to much battery powers and Nintendo keeps updating the handhelds so about a month after you get your sweet new handheld they've gone and made a new version making yours look like a piece of crap.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 10th, 2011 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 3/10/11 08:28 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Nintendo keeps updating the handhelds so about a month after you get your sweet new handheld they've gone and made a new version making yours look like a piece of crap.

Well GameStop pretty much tries to help you out there by giving a discount with the trade in of your Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo DSi, or Nintendo DS XL.

Remember Nintendo's handheld market has been an awkward one, especially with the Game Boy. Changing it here and there. Shoot the first Nintendo DS didn't even have a back light to it.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 10:47 AM Reply

Not an official update, just something that got me excited.

Final Fantasy III
Publisher: Square Enix
System: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Genre: RPG

Ages ago, evil beings created powerful creatures called Espers and unleashed them against each other. The resulting battles left their world in smouldering rubble. Legend has it, the Espers destroyed themselves and most of humanity. Magic disappeared forever. Centuries have passed and a rational world now exists with Espers living only in myths, until one frozen solid since the ancient wars is unearthed. Suddenly, there are reports of magic attacks on civilians. Imperial Commandos launch raids using magic-powered MagiTek weapons. Magic is obviously alive and the world is in danger again. Who or what is behind the rediscovery and redeployment of this legendary power? What chaotic plans exist that will wreak havoc on this orderly world? Originally released as FINAL FANTASY III on SNES in North America, this game is in fact FINAL FANTASY VI from the main series chronology.

I am so excited to play this classic once again. Kefka is the BEST VIDEO GAME VILLAIN and makes Sephiroth look like an overrated pussy (a.k.a. Justin Bieber)

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 19th, 2011 @ 02:26 AM Reply

New to Virtual Console:

BOMBERMAN HERO

Original Debut Platform: N64
No. of Players: 1 player
Category: Action, Adventure
Publisher:Hudson Entertainment, Inc
Wii Points: 1,000

Everyone's childhood hero Bomberman returns in his own full-on action game! One day, out of nowhere, a spaceship crash-landed on Planet Bomber! Journeying to the Peace Mountains to investigate, Bomberman encountered Pibot, the dazed robot pilot. According to Pibot, the evil Garaden Empire had attacked Primus Star, and kidnapped Princess Millian from Pibot's escape ship! Hearing this, Bomberman vows to save the princess, even if he has to travel the length of the galaxy to do it! Bomberman is equipped with an infinite supply of bombs, and can count on a variety of upgrades to aid him in his quest. His search for the princess takes him to five exciting planets, reuniting him with his old friend Louie and uncovering all-new items. Fly, swim, shoot, and bomb your way through the galaxy and save Princess Millian!

I don't know about you guys, but I had this one as a kid and I remember it fondly. It's not at all like the other Bomberman games, but it's still a nifty title. I think it's worth picking up.

Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:00 PM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Teenage Mutant Cheetah Men!
    Teenage Mutant Cheetah Men! by Nirreman

Click to listen.

Score
    4.15 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Editor's Pick

Castlevania Rondo of Blood
Chances are if you live in America you've played this game's port entitled CastleVania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. Well why not play the original you missed out on, the official prequel to CastleVania: Sympony of the Night. Although you won't understand what the characters are saying (for the most part) it's still one kick ass CastleVania game.

Headline - Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console - Systems

"It was announced at the Nintendo of Japan press event on September 29, 2010 that the 3DS will have a Virtual Console Service with Game Boy, Game Boy Color games, as well as "classic" games in 3D. At the 2011 GDC Nintendo announced that TurboGrafx 16, and Game Gear games would be available for Virtual Console. Purchases are made through the "Nintendo eShop", using a cash-based system instead of a points-based system as used for the Wii and DSi."

I can understand Sega Game Gear games joining this, but TurboGrafx16 games as well? Oh well why not. I'm interested about these classics in 3D though.

Natsume Championship Wrestling
Publisher: Natsume
Genre: Sports

Step into the ring! Choose from 12 outrageous wrestlers and bring the pain! Wield the massive power of Asteroid, the lightning-fast strikes of Viper, the underhanded attacks of Phantom, and many more madmen of the ring! With its robust grappling system and over 50 moves to master, Natsume Championship Wrestling delivers the deepest and most realistic wrestling action of the 16-bit era! Test your might against the crafty AI, or up to 4 players can compete in exhibition, tag team, and round robin matches!

Recommended Titles
Super Punch-Out!!, Digital Champ Battle Boxing, and World Sports Competition

Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
Publisher: Square Enix
Genre: Role-Playing Game
Cost: 800 Wii Points (USA) 900 Wii Points (UK)

The Sinistrals, four masters of Doom, arrived in this land on their floating island 100 years ago.
You will begin your quest by travelling through time to join in a tremendous battle against them--and you will determine the outcome. When you return to present time, you and Lufia, your companion, must join forces with two others to prevent the Sinistrals from regaining control of your world.

Adventure Island II
Genre: Platformer

That Evil Witch Doctor's just snatched your favorite lady. And you've got to battle your way past EIGHT treacherous islands to get her back! Combat prehistoric monsters -- some of the creepiest, fire-spitting critters ever to slither across a video screen! Survive molten volcanoes. Dodge giant scorpions and king cobras.

Super Adventure Island II

Master Higgins is in a brand new adventure and in more trouble - This guy must be doing something wrong to always be in trouble. He's in the biggest trouble of his life. He's lost his memory and his wife Tina has been kidnapped by an unknown enemy. Only you can help Master Higgins recover his past and rescue his wife. In your adventure, you must travel to islands of fire, ice and other dangers. You will find specific weapons which are necessary to travel through each of these islands. Find these mighty weapons and test your skill. Also hidden throughout these islands are magic bottles. Find these bottles and learn powerful magic spells to help you solve the mysteries of the islands.

CLOSING NOTES
With all of that said this update has been quite good. We have some new games coming that seem to be fun and although all the news I could get on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console is same old same old pretty much I will leave you with this...

16 Bit Gems
Join Roo from Clan of the Gray Wolf as he takes a look back at those 16 bit games that time has seem to forgotten. Now he's no Happy Video Game Nerd, for his main focus is only on that of the 16 bit era. I suggest you check him out, for some of the games he talks about are available on the Virtual Console and if you want an opinion on said games his is certainly not a bad one.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 04:28 PM Reply

Are Nintendo Wii owners even still using their Virtual Console service?

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 25th, 2011 @ 08:05 PM Reply

At 3/25/11 04:28 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Are Nintendo Wii owners even still using their Virtual Console service?

Only for games I've downloaded previously. To be honest, I haven't checked new releases in at least a year. I've been waiting so long for Earthbound to come out on it that I decided enough was enough and emulated it on my own. Me and my bro were waiting for the first few Mario Parties for years, but when the second came out, we didn't blink an eye because we had already purchased the first two N64 titles off of Amazon.com.

Virtual Console was an absolutely beautiful idea. Not only is it a legal form of emulation, the games were reasonably priced based on their age. It's just that it was too slow for some titles. Super Mario RPG was a miracle, but we never saw any of the titles made by Rare nor did we get the resident evil games. It's a shame really.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 02:14 PM Reply

At 3/25/11 04:28 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Are Nintendo Wii owners even still using their Virtual Console service?

I've mostly been put off with VC ever since I experienced the PAL conversion bullshit with most games. I am looking forward to the 3DS VC, however. I hope to see Metroid II, Super Mario Land and a few others.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 03:42 PM Reply

still waiting for earthbound

alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Haven't checked out the Virtual Console in a long while. I definitely need to pick up a points card for Mario Party 2.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 10:04 PM Reply

I am, but that's really only because I'm a mega retro gaming nerd. I love being able to pick up games from non-Nintendo systems on the service, like the NEO-GEO, Commodore 64, etc.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Mar. 26th, 2011 @ 10:47 PM Reply

At 3/26/11 10:24 PM, Travis wrote: As cool as this is... I want a remake with better graphics, not another port...

Oh a remake would be amazing, however other Final Fantasy "fans" would want VII over VI, which is sad really.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 02:02 AM Reply

Working on the latest update and it's a good one!

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 02:12 AM Reply

THREAD NEWS UPDATE

Random Video Game Song

• Chocolate Turnips
    Chocolate Turnips by Stratales

Click to listen.

Score
    4.39 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Video Game
    Popularity

Headline - Latest Releases for Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
Since Nintendo doesn't release this information on their page so I have to get the information from Wikipedia. My apologies, but blame Nintendo. Below is a list. Two of the games here will have the added 3D feature to them.

- Columns (Sega Game Gear)
- Dragon Crystal Shirani's Maze (Sega Game Gear)
- The GG Shinobi (Sega Game Gear)
- Sonic Drift 2 (Sega Game Gear)
- Sonic & Tails 2 (Sega Game Gear)
- Super Mario Land (Nintendo Game Boy) - [ 3D ]
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Nintendo Game Boy Color) - [ 3D ]

Earthbound
Publisher: Nintendo
Genre: RPG

Intergalactic terror strikes the small town of Onett as a blazing extraterrestrial object crashes in the night! The earth now faces imminent destruction by the universal evil threat known as Giygas!
Armed with a cracked baseball bat, a cookie, and an ATM card, a courageous boy named Ness vows to save the planet from hideous destruction. He must first find his heroic companions, Paula, Jeff, and Poo, along the way to eight mysterious places called "Your Sanctuary" in order to gain power and put an end to the interstellar threat. The citizens of Onett lend their support by providing high-tech gadgets, robotic time machines, and wacky stories about how strange life has become.

Recommended Titles
FINAL FANTASY II, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen

TMNT Turtles In Time
Publisher: Konami

The introductory cut scene of the game details the game's plot. It begins with the Turtles watching a TV newscast on a Sunday evening, with April O'Neil reporting from Liberty Island. Suddenly, Krang flies in using a giant exosuit (seen occasionally in the animated series) and steals the Statue of Liberty, moments before Shredder hijacks the airwaves to laugh at the Turtles. The Turtles jump into action in downtown New York and pursue the Foot to the streets and the city sewers (then to the Technodrome in the SNES version), where Shredder sends them through a time warp. The Turtles must fight Shredder's army in both the past and the future in order to get home.

CLOSING NOTES
I just want to say that updating this thread is always a joy for me to do and it's just so exciting that Earthbound has finally been released to the Virtual Console. Oh yeah and Happy April Fool's Day. The 3DS Virtual Console information is legit though, but the rest is just psychotic sick and twisted humor.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 1st, 2011 @ 02:34 PM Reply

Bumping just in case you missed the update.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Wii Virtual Console Thread 2.0 Apr. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:31 AM Reply

At 4/1/11 02:12 AM, The-Great-One wrote:

Earthbound

You dick. I love how you linked to one of Nintendo's shittiest games ever instead of Earthbound. Well played April Fool's Day Joke.

Sig by Some Guy - AMA

BBS Signature