Respond to this Topic
josh-ginsburg
josh-ginsburg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 01:06 PM Reply

Well done on gettin a console game! who's publishing it? (it does have to go through a company dont it?) But i was thinkin, wouldn't it be amazing on GBA!!!

Well good luck, looks like the new Viewtiful Joe (which aint a bad thing)

VG-OldSkool
VG-OldSkool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 02:31 PM Reply

The gameplay looks absolutely awesome but I think some will be deterred by the simple graphics, however it's looking pretty sweet right now.......I'D BUY IT!

H3110M0T0
H3110M0T0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 02:45 PM Reply

yo dawg i give u props dawg that was fodunk a munk sweet. uh...ok um done wiht that ....it was .cool!...i would if i could buy u a 2 liter bottle of awesome sauce, but it looks like ur already drunk on the stuff yay!!! it brings me back to the 90s of side scrolling shotting things and doging bullets and mass killing whoop!!! GOOOD LUCKK!!! on ur awesomenesss??? or how we in the buisness world of my house like to say....i dunno ilil get back to u on that....

eaglesviper-90
eaglesviper-90
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 03:13 PM Reply

That was pretty awsome. Looking promising.

Dark-Knight2
Dark-Knight2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 04:18 PM Reply

YAY I HOPE ITS FOR PS2!

Alien Hominid Website!

Blingo
Blingo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 05:10 PM Reply

well i know everyone's been all happy so far, and i'm sorry to stop it... and while the gameplay looks amazing and amzaingly intense (i am almost certainly gonna get the game, i'm just a little poor) the framerate in the movie looks pretty bad. obviously you can't change it all at this stage, and i'm not sayin it'll detract from the actual gameplay i'm just sayin it could put some people off with first impressions and all. it's a well made movie to promote it tho, shows all the speed n insanity n stuff that's gonna make it so great... should be good

silent-knife
silent-knife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 05:14 PM Reply

looks absolutely awesome and vividly in touch with the backround and everything aroundit. this definetely has potential and im sure it will go down as a classic for the consoles. awesome man.

DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 4/8/04 05:10 PM, BlingBlingMan wrote: well i know everyone's been all happy so far, and i'm sorry to stop it... and while the gameplay looks amazing and amzaingly intense (i am almost certainly gonna get the game, i'm just a little poor) the framerate in the movie looks pretty bad. obviously you can't change it all at this stage, and i'm not sayin it'll detract from the actual gameplay i'm just sayin it could put some people off with first impressions and all. it's a well made movie to promote it tho, shows all the speed n insanity n stuff that's gonna make it so great... should be good

yeah, the trailer is compressed to a lower framerate than the actual game. we had to do that or the filesize would be much larger. perhaps we can get a higher quality selection later?

MaskedAssassin
MaskedAssassin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 07:23 PM Reply

The site looked awesome. The screenshots looked fantastic, and the intro movie was nice and smooth. Unfortunately, my dial-up connection and thin patience prevented me from seeing the trailer. As for the game, I'd buy it.

neokiller247
neokiller247
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 08:15 PM Reply

Tom I dont think you should take alien hominid to a new level i mean the graphics of cource should exceed what it is. But even for 20.00 bucks its not gonaa sell..... a alien who is out on the run from the feds and shoots them with a gun.... no experience points, no special skills, and a story line that wont really work i know this is off subject but !come on!

Dark-Knight2
Dark-Knight2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 09:17 PM Reply

holy crap that game looks sooo awsome i cant wait till it comes out!!

Alien Hominid Website!

Dark-Knight2
Dark-Knight2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 4/8/04 08:15 PM, neokiller247 wrote: i mean the graphics of cource should exceed what it is. But even for 20.00 bucks its not gonaa sell a alien who is out on the run from the feds and shoots them with a gun. no experience points no special skills and a story line that wont really work i know this is off subject but come on

SHUT UP YOU NOOB!

Alien Hominid Website!

MotorPains
MotorPains
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 10:19 PM Reply

Damn that's lookin' hot. I recommend adding some animation to the backgrounds though that would be awesome, like in that winter scene maybe making the trees sway a little and like lights flickering in buildings. Just would add to the scenery and I doubt you will even read this reply because of all the replies already here...

Steve84
Steve84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Gamer
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 10:50 PM Reply

looking great Tom I can't wait to play

MoralLibertarian
MoralLibertarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 8th, 2004 @ 11:02 PM Reply

At 4/8/04 08:15 PM, neokiller247 wrote: Tom I dont think you should take alien hominid to a new level i mean the graphics of cource should exceed what it is. But even for 20.00 bucks its not gonaa sell..... a alien who is out on the run from the feds and shoots them with a gun.... no experience points, no special skills, and a story line that wont really work i know this is off subject but !come on!

You're missing the point dude. This game isn't supposed to appeal to everyone, only hardcore Contra/Metal Slug lovers. However, it has the potential to reach a great audience. 9 out of 10 people who saw the trailer and responded to this post said they would buy it. And it's in it's earliest grassroot stages.

It may not be GTA3, but it will probably fair better than most "underground" games, like frequency.

da-pope
da-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 12:31 AM Reply

It's gonna suck so much (compared to other games) It's a Drawn 2D platformer this might be acceptable for N64 tops (no offense) The only people who will buy it are NG fans

BBS Signature
KWAS71KCK
KWAS71KCK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 12:35 AM Reply

sweet site

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 4/9/04 12:31 AM, da_pope wrote: It's gonna suck so much (compared to other games) It's a Drawn 2D platformer this might be acceptable for N64 tops (no offense) The only people who will buy it are NG fans

the (no offense) part is the best part of that, haha

DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 12:55 AM Reply

At 4/6/04 08:16 PM, daveknockwin wrote: whens the release date? and is it going to be easier? and what about the replay value?

I believe the game to be slightly easier since the alien has many more moves. he even has a defensive move or two, depending on how you look at it. that combined with the ease of a controller make the game a little easier for most i'd say. but that does not mean the game is not challenging!

I gauge replay value at high, considering nobody in the office is bored with it yet :)

ThePengwin
ThePengwin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 01:13 AM Reply

Console Version?

There is two meanings of console

1 N64 PS2 Game cube

2 The UT enginge The Q3a Engine

Which 1 is it?

DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 01:30 AM Reply

At 4/9/04 01:13 AM, ThePengwin wrote: Console Version?

There is two meanings of console

1 N64 PS2 Game cube

2 The UT enginge The Q3a Engine

Which 1 is it?

console systems IE. gamecube, ps2, etc.

miya
miya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 07:43 AM Reply

AH looks great. But the best thing is the chicken website where you can throw around a chicken!!!!!!!!
hours of fun

FatherTime89
FatherTime89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 08:06 AM Reply

What does everyone think of the trailer?

holy crap it makes the prototype seem like a kiddie game maybe that's why I'm all of a sudden bored with it it.

FatherTime89
FatherTime89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 08:10 AM Reply

At 4/8/04 01:06 PM, josh_ginsburg wrote: Well done on gettin a console game! who's publishing it? (it does have to go through a company dont it?) But i was thinkin, wouldn't it be amazing on GBA!!!

It would look great on GBA because unlike every other game when you transfer it to GBA the graphics won't change because GBA only plays 2D games. I hope Tom or Synj reads this.

FatherTime89
FatherTime89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 08:17 AM Reply

Just out of curousity where did you get the music for the trailer? Did shok make it or did you find it online?

FatherTime89
FatherTime89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 08:20 AM Reply

At 4/9/04 12:31 AM, da_pope wrote: It's gonna suck so much (compared to other games) It's a Drawn 2D platformer this might be acceptable for N64 tops (no offense) The only people who will buy it are NG fans

Uh actually most people (like me for example) don't really care if the graphics aren't the best there is. as long as they can have a great time playing it and/or kill some people then they'll buy it.

CrosisthePurger
CrosisthePurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 10:00 AM Reply

What does everyone think of the trailer?

the trailer was great, it made me wish the game was ready.

Death-by-Enema
Death-by-Enema
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 11:00 AM Reply

Man hurry up already I can't wait to play it!

DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 11:11 AM Reply

At 4/9/04 08:17 AM, Father_Time wrote: Just out of curousity where did you get the music for the trailer? Did shok make it or did you find it online?

find it online?? we have a full team of professionals. everything is made from scratch!

all of the music for our project was created by Matthew E. Harwood. (Funny sidenote: He did music for america's most wanted)

SignLanguage
SignLanguage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Alien Hominid Website! Apr. 9th, 2004 @ 11:47 AM Reply

I pray! to god that its released 4 X-Box

Alien Hominid Website!