Be a Supporter!

Flash Document Resizing

  • 563 Views
  • 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
PRIME
PRIME
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Flash Document Resizing 2010-09-27 18:27:32 Reply

I want to be able to animate with a stage size of 1248px by 702px a 16:9 aspect ratio. Unfortunately newgrounds restricts the size of an animation uploaded to 942px wide. Is there anyway to, after the animation is completed, resize the whole document to fit that restriction, without having to go in and resize everything?


Animation | Games | Art | Sprites | My Deviantart | Music | My Userpage

KartuneHustla
KartuneHustla
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Document Resizing 2010-09-27 18:55:44 Reply

You would have to resize your whole project man. The best way to do it is to take all your layers of animation and place them in a movie clip. Then you will be able to resize the whole project at will. When you make a cartoon you should think about making it in a movie clip first that way you can resize and make seperate sequences to string together without having to deal with one huge file just within the main timeline. Just something to think about


At your service

BBS Signature
PRIME
PRIME
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Flash Document Resizing 2010-09-27 19:58:46 Reply

At 9/27/10 06:55 PM, KartuneHustla wrote: You would have to resize your whole project man. The best way to do it is to take all your layers of animation and place them in a movie clip.

Alright that's what I assumed. Thanks!


Animation | Games | Art | Sprites | My Deviantart | Music | My Userpage

Dahakka
Dahakka
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Flash Document Resizing 2010-09-27 20:12:16 Reply

At 9/27/10 07:58 PM, PRIME45664 wrote:
At 9/27/10 06:55 PM, KartuneHustla wrote: You would have to resize your whole project man. The best way to do it is to take all your layers of animation and place them in a movie clip.
Alright that's what I assumed. Thanks!

just resize when publishing, i work at large 12:9 ratios too. i just resize to the max length but keep the ratio. when publishing untick the "same as document" box and put in your own size.

th1rt3en
th1rt3en
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Flash Document Resizing 2010-09-27 20:44:37 Reply

I think you can actually force the file to resize when uploading, since it makes you enter the file width and height. You just need to make sure the numbers you input are still in the aspect ratio, or at least close to it.

Dahakka
Dahakka
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Flash Document Resizing 2010-09-28 10:00:37 Reply

At 9/27/10 08:44 PM, th1rt3en wrote: I think you can actually force the file to resize when uploading, since it makes you enter the file width and height. You just need to make sure the numbers you input are still in the aspect ratio, or at least close to it.

yes you can force the SFW to resize when publishing on newgrounds, just make sure you get the ratio right otherwise one of the extents will continue offstage.

KartuneHustla
KartuneHustla
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Flash Document Resizing 2010-09-28 16:22:13 Reply

Oh sweet I didn't even know that! Good to know


At your service

BBS Signature
Dahakka
Dahakka
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Animator
Response to Flash Document Resizing 2010-09-28 18:27:54 Reply

btw 942 as width in a 12:9 ratio is 942 x 706.5

i usually use 900 x 675 for this site, its easier to have a solid 900 and it works with lower screen resolutions fairly well.