Be a Supporter!

More Child Porn mayhem

  • 2,125 Views
  • 54 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 08:22 PM Reply

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cri me/12-years-in-jail-for-man-in-vile-porn -plot-2087755.html

Seems there's something like this every couple of weeks now.

How crazy is that?
"Hey we found child porn on your computer, therefore you are a criminal and your life is now shit".

That's nonsense. It's EXACTLY AS INSANE as:
"Hey we found a Michael Bay movie on your computer. So you support exploding people's property eh? TO JAIL WITH YOU!"

Complete insanity.


BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 08:33 PM Reply

Well, if you have child porn on your computer, then chances are(99% in my opinion.) that you're being complicit in some good ol' fashioned pedophilia. I mean, can you really find a good reason to have that kind of stuff on your computer?


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
HibiscusKazeneko
HibiscusKazeneko
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 08:46 PM Reply

Neil Weiner launched the "wickedly evil and vile plot" hoping to get Eddie Thompson sacked so that he could be promoted.

Haha, his name is Weiner.

But seriously though, the law needs to step back a moment in most cases, as many times people don't know they have CP on their computers and some even get it without their knowledge, as was the case a while back when a man tried to use LimeWire to download what he thought was adult porn but there was CP tacked onto the file. In short, just because someone has CP doesn't automatically mean they're a pedophile; the cops need to assess the situation thoroughly before springing to imprison the suspect. Innocent people have lost everything because of situations like these.


I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.
Anything else you need?

BBS Signature
alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Member since: Apr. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Musician
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:14 PM Reply

After having read through the article, I must say I am appalled.

To attempt to sack a fellow co-worker over a promotion with child porn is unbelievable. To do it in such a manner is simply uncanny. Complete insanity.


THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

RydiaLockheart
RydiaLockheart
  • Member since: Nov. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:22 PM Reply

They said that some of the images were Level 4. What does that mean?

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:29 PM Reply

At 9/23/10 08:33 PM, Jedi-Master wrote: Well, if you have child porn on your computer, then chances are(99% in my opinion.) that you're being complicit in some good ol' fashioned pedophilia.

Based... on.. what????
Until they catch you directly involved in a ring of child exploitation, they have fuck-all on you.

People get in trouble for just LOOKING at child porn. That's INSANE.

I mean, can you really find a good reason to have that kind of stuff on your computer?

Some people like it. Who the fuck are we to tell them what to jack of to?
You can't legally make it except maybe with photoshop, drawings or like 3D software. But who gives a fuck?

What's worse is that some kids take naked pictures of themselves or parents take pictures of their kids taking a bath and people end up in trouble. And it's only going to get worse with more and more kids having cellphones.

Yep be prepared for a world where 10 year olds send naked pictures to each other by email and if that shit ever ends up on your computer at home you're in big big trouble. Because yep, that counts.

They've gone completely batshit crazy with the child porn stuff. Used to be that if you caught a dude with a basement full of child porn tapes, he was usually pretty easy to incriminate, but with the internet around, anyone can get anything for free at any time.

If the authorities get the pictures, they should try and track down the source, but it's nuts to ruin people's lives over it.

And I think it was Australia who tried ( or has ) to pass laws like "you can't even draw child porn" ( because that's really popular in Japan apparently, they have tons of "child porn" that are basically mangas ). So yeah some people would apparently love it if they could jail me after I sat alone in a dark room, drew a naked 10 year old and then jerked off to it.

Insanity I tells ya


BBS Signature
Antimatter500
Antimatter500
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:24 PM Reply

At 9/23/10 08:22 PM, poxpower wrote: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cri me/12-years-in-jail-for-man-in-vile-porn -plot-2087755.html

Seems there's something like this every couple of weeks now.

How crazy is that?
"Hey we found child porn on your computer, therefore you are a criminal and your life is now shit".

That's nonsense. It's EXACTLY AS INSANE as:
"Hey we found a Michael Bay movie on your computer. So you support exploding people's property eh? TO JAIL WITH YOU!"

Complete insanity.

its based on intent to distribute,

kind of like weed.

have too much and you're automatically a dealer

also theres a difference between the ridiculousness of some 15 year old kid going to prison because his 13 year-old gf sent him a tit shot or something THAT'S ridiculous

but a 40 some year old, uncool.

and again, child porn has to be made, which involves using children, most of which are too young to concent. think about this pox,

would you like a pic of you getting raped at age 5 floating around the web?


BBS Signature
blue-ice-cube
blue-ice-cube
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:42 PM Reply

But my question is. whats the law do when a minor is in posession/and or is creating this material?

EclecticEnnui
EclecticEnnui
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Filmmaker
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 9/23/10 09:22 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: They said that some of the images were Level 4. What does that mean?

"Posing."

And pox, there's a huge difference with a director blowing up a piece of purchased property with permission from authorities and/or a property owner versus child porn. As you can see on the COPINE scale, child porn isn't just a picture of a naked child. Children cannot consent to sex and posing naked; you know that, don't you? Parents also cannot give consent for their children to have sex. (Posing naked, I'm not sure.)

As for this story, it's rotten that Eddie was framed for that and I've actually never heard of that kind of framing. I agree with you that just because someone has child porn on his computer, it doesn't automatically mean he's a pedophile.


BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 9/23/10 09:22 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: They said that some of the images were Level 4. What does that mean?

I think it refers to pictures that involve child abuse.

At 9/23/10 10:24 PM, Antimatter500 wrote:
and again, child porn has to be made, which involves using children, most of which are too young to concent. think about this pox,

Yep I know, but the problem is that with the advent of the internet, it's too easy for these things to circulate and basically it's stupid to try and tack the blame onto people who have some, often even by sheer accident, on their comps.

It's not like the old days where you had to physically meet up with a dude and buy tapes from him and whatnot. Now it's almost entirely digital.

That means that's it. If the picture is on the net, you can't take it back. Too bad but that's reality. All you can hope for is that people have the decency to not pass it around.

We can't start arresting people based solely on what kind of pictures / written documents/videos they have on their computers.


BBS Signature
EclecticEnnui
EclecticEnnui
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Filmmaker
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 9/23/10 09:29 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 9/23/10 08:33 PM, Jedi-Master wrote: I mean, can you really find a good reason to have that kind of stuff on your computer?
Some people like it. Who the fuck are we to tell them what to jack of to?

Some people like to commit murder. Who the fuck are we to tell them not to?

You can't legally make it except maybe with photoshop, drawings or like 3D software. But who gives a fuck?

I do. You only seem to care about something bad happening to you and people you know. If I see, for example, someone on the Internet who's written a message that he downloads child porn, I'm not just gonna ignore it. I'm gonna report it and I've actually done that with similar scenarios. Do you report crimes? It's great you think about yourself and people you care about, but to only care about them is still like living in your own bubble.


BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 11:24 PM Reply

i'm going to have to go with the "wth" side with regards to the 12 year sentence, but more because this seems to be a case of attempting to destroy another's reputation (and in the process send them to prison) rather than pedophilia.

but twelve years for posession? do any drug posession charges net you anything like that?

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 9/23/10 11:05 PM, EclecticEnnui wrote: Do you report crimes?

Do you report drug crimes too?
Do you go around the net looking for kids who admit to smoking pot and then do everything you can to contact their parents and the authorities?


BBS Signature
Bacchanalian
Bacchanalian
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 12:23 AM Reply

... and then they eat the poo poo. This is sick, and it is therefore deviant. We do not want it.


BBS Signature
Bacchanalian
Bacchanalian
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 12:33 AM Reply

Oh whoops. pic...

More Child Porn mayhem


BBS Signature
Antimatter500
Antimatter500
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 9/23/10 10:42 PM, blue-ice-cube wrote: But my question is. whats the law do when a minor is in posession/and or is creating this material?

treat them as an adult, its crazy but it happens


BBS Signature
Odio
Odio
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 02:52 AM Reply

lolololol

Internet should be banned for reasons like this.


BBS Signature
lapis
lapis
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 04:48 AM Reply

At 9/23/10 09:29 PM, poxpower wrote: Yep be prepared for a world where 10 year olds send naked pictures to each other by email and if that shit ever ends up on your computer at home you're in big big trouble. Because yep, that counts.

I'm wondering how that shit ends up your computer. If your own child was the one receiving that picture then he or she can testify in your favour to the police. I mean, I'm sure that there are cases where overzealous policemen and prosecutors go overboard but the school caretaker from the article you linked to had no good reason to justify any sort of naked images of children (except maybe one or two stray pictures in his temporary internet files folder) on his computer, let alone "level 4" child porn . Besides, even though it took 8 months for him to hear that he was no longer a suspect, in the end the police did what they were supposed to and investigated the sources, eventually convicting the handyman. So in this case, the system worked more or less.

So what's the problem here? Going by your "It's not like the old days (...)" bit you seem to agree that intentionally looking at child porn is bad, but you are afraid that people's lives get ruined forever because of accidents. In this case, the real culprit was convicted so "More Child Porn mayhem" is not an adequate title for this thread. Besides, the only ones guilty of ruining the caretaker's public image were the media (and the handyman), not the police. Do you want to reform media laws such that suspects in child porn cases cannot be named and portrayed before their conviction?

At 9/23/10 11:43 PM, poxpower wrote: Do you report drug crimes too?
Do you go around the net looking for kids who admit to smoking pot and then do everything you can to contact their parents and the authorities?

Well, at least I'm less than 100% sure that no one's life was scarred forever in order to make my pot.


BBS Signature
Mismatched
Mismatched
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 08:46 AM Reply

At 9/23/10 09:29 PM, poxpower wrote: People get in trouble for just LOOKING at child porn. That's INSANE.

It sort of makes sense why people get in trouble for having real child porn on their computer. The sentance is harsh for just having it, but I can see their trying to deter the creation of it by making people not even want to look at it. (At least I hope thats the reason.)

You can't legally make it except maybe with photoshop, drawings or like 3D software. But who gives a fuck?

In some places thats illegal now too. Which baffles me. I always thought child porn laws were there to protect children from exploitation, but now even stuff that has no victims lands you in jail.
(Though I've been toying of asking the government how that'd work. You could draw a 10 year old, but give them a 40 year olds brain. Technically old enough to consent, even if they don't look it. On that same note, natrually child like adults. How do they come in on it?)

Yep be prepared for a world where 10 year olds send naked pictures to each other by email and if that shit ever ends up on your computer at home you're in big big trouble. Because yep, that counts.

Even if it doesn't end up on your computer, theres a story out there about two teenagers being put on sex offender registers for distributing child porn, just for taking pictures of themselves having sex and emailing them to themselves.
Just over the top, I'm sure you'd agree.

And I think it was Australia who tried ( or has ) to pass laws like "you can't even draw child porn".

The UK did that too.
Its like people are going over the top of something they fear, or just looking for something to shoot at to 'fight the good fight' or whatever.
Its alright when your protecting someone, but when your ruining the life of someone that didn't hurt someone else (Like an artist making drawings) then its just over the top.

SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 09:17 AM Reply

Because if no one looked at child porn no children would ever be raped

obviously raping children is an extremely easy way to make money

no one has incentive to rape kids if they can't make money from it


BBS Signature
SmilezRoyale
SmilezRoyale
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 09:34 AM Reply

I'm going to have to agree w/ Pox on this one. There's too great a risk that this sort of thing could destroy people's lives. The 18+ porn industry is so large that I'm more than confident such a law would do more harm than good.


On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

lapis
lapis
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 09:38 AM Reply

At 9/24/10 04:48 AM, lapis wrote:
At 9/23/10 11:43 PM, poxpower wrote: Do you report drug crimes too?
Do you go around the net looking for kids who admit to smoking pot and then do everything you can to contact their parents and the authorities?
Well, at least I'm less than 100% sure that no one's life was scarred forever in order to make my pot.

Replace 'no one's' with 'somebody's', of course.

At 9/24/10 09:17 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote: Because if no one looked at child porn no children would ever be raped

obviously raping children is an extremely easy way to make money

no one has incentive to rape kids if they can't make money from it

I don't think it's "extremely easy" to make money off child porn. It's not like you can advertise for your enterprise using the Internet or magazines or easily interest colleagues in your product at the water cooler. Besides, money trails are much easier to follow back to a culprit than an IP-address alone and we're not really talking about an impulse crime where the negative incentive of jail and the status as a registered sex offender are easily forgotten.

It's not like I have data to back this up, but I think a lot of child porn is produced not with the intent to make a lot of money off it but for the same reason some people put videos of themselves engaged in certain acts to websites like Youporn etc. Some time ago I read some investigative article in which an agency that tracked down paedophiles was reported on and it discussed how some websites/communities only allowed people to browse its content (for free) if they supplied some child porn themselves. I mean, you can't explain all human behaviour using microeconomics.


BBS Signature
EclecticEnnui
EclecticEnnui
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Filmmaker
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 01:58 PM Reply

At 9/23/10 11:43 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 9/23/10 11:05 PM, EclecticEnnui wrote: Do you report crimes?
Do you report drug crimes too?
Do you go around the net looking for kids who admit to smoking pot and then do everything you can to contact their parents and the authorities?

Pot is actually the only drug crime I read about on forums. How is making or smoking pot like making or downloading child porn? When you download it, you support the industry and help give child porn a reason to keep being made and distributed. As another user mentioned, who's life is gonna be harmed by making or smoking pot? I should've specified my original question. Do you or would you report similar crimes, like other forms of child abuse, if you saw it on the net from a forum post or a video? I don't go out of my way to report these types of crimes, but if I stumble across them, I probably will report them.


BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 02:37 PM Reply

is this thread for fucking real

someone check pox's computer

thedo12
thedo12
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 03:29 PM Reply

I agree with pox , being arrested for just having on your computer is retarded .

At most I could see a fine , x amount of pictures = a fine of x amount .

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 03:45 PM Reply

If you guys are really worried, lobby the legislatures to put a mens rea requirement in the crime. That way the having of child pron of your computer is only bad if you intended to.

Even as it is, a person is 100% innocent if the child porn is inserted by a third party. Their defense lawyer whp was probably a dumbass, must have frgot that imlied in all actions is a voluntariness requirement. If the defendant did not go through the act of placing the files onto his own computer he would not satisfy the act elent and could not be convicted even under a strict liability crime.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 04:27 PM Reply

At 9/24/10 04:48 AM, lapis wrote:
I'm wondering how that shit ends up your computer.

If you can't prove I abused a child or paid someone to abuse a child to get it, who cares?

So in this case, the system worked more or less.

Yes it worked on the basis of "guilty of child abuse if you have child porn until proven innocent".
A flawless system based on rigorous logic.

Going by your "It's not like the old days (...)" bit you seem to agree that intentionally looking at child porn is bad, but you are afraid that people's lives get ruined forever because of accidents.

As bad as looking at child porn could ever possibly be, it's nowhere even near jailing someone wrongfully for even one day or having them register as a sex offended for however how long.


At 9/23/10 11:43 PM, poxpower wrote: Do you report drug crimes too?
Do you go around the net looking for kids who admit to smoking pot and then do everything you can to contact their parents and the authorities?
Well, at least I'm less than 100% sure that no one's life was scarred forever in order to make my pot.
At 9/24/10 01:58 PM, EclecticEnnui wrote: How is making or smoking pot like making or downloading child porn?

It's illegal, which was YOUR point, aka that no matter what I think about child porn, I should at least report people who I catch with it.

Well go ahead, do it yourself. If you see teenagers bragging about vandalism / piracy/ drug use on forums, report them!

When you download it, you support the industry and help give child porn a reason to keep being made and distributed.

Yes just like, if I download a song, I directly take 1$ out of Lady Gaga's bank account.
That's EXACTLY how downloading things work! Every time I copy a child porn CD, a child gets beaten while a piece of shit in Thailand finds 25 cents in the cracks of his child sex dungeon's sofa.

At 9/24/10 03:45 PM, Camarohusky wrote: If you guys are really worried

I'm only worried enough to complain about it on the internet since this will never affect me : D

Even as it is, a person is 100% innocent if the child porn is inserted by a third party.

What if they look at it?
Isn't that the behavior they're trying to punish? Looking at it?


BBS Signature
lapis
lapis
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 9/24/10 04:27 PM, poxpower wrote: If you can't prove I abused a child or paid someone to abuse a child to get it, who cares?

The child that got abused? Because they may not fully appreciate the fact that you're interested in pictures/videos taken while they were undergoing a traumatising experience, thereby providing a big part of the reason why they were abused in the first place.

Yes it worked on the basis of "guilty of child abuse if you have child porn until proven innocent".
A flawless system based on rigorous logic.

Well, at least guilty of proliferating child abuse until proven innocent. And, to some extent, it's like having a bloodied axe and a decapitated body found in your cellar. Sure, you may not be guilty of the crime, but it sure does make you rather suspect and worthy of being detained until further investigation has been concluded.

As bad as looking at child porn could ever possibly be, it's nowhere even near jailing someone wrongfully for even one day or having them register as a sex offended for however how long.

Well, I can agree with you in the sense that I personally don't think suspects in child porn related cases should be sent to actual jail before their conviction, considering the rank in the picking order that paedophiles have in prison. Also I would prefer media discretion considering how you can derail someone's life with these charges. But if they are found guilty then I don't mind them receiving their comeuppance. Although this may be an appeal to emotion, I feel society owes it to the victims of child abuse to crack down even on the people who indirectly vindicate such abuse.


BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 06:16 PM Reply

At 9/23/10 09:22 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: They said that some of the images were Level 4. What does that mean?

Maybe it was a guy on Newgrounds. Seriously, SevenStar might have finally been caught!

Anyway, if you can get into trouble for just possessing gross pictures like that, than the people at Encyclopedia Dramatica should be chained up and hauled out.


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

ThePretenders
ThePretenders
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to More Child Porn mayhem Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At 9/23/10 09:22 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: They said that some of the images were Level 4. What does that mean?

Posing

Deliberately posed pictures of children fully clothed, partially clothed or naked (where the amount,context and organisation suggests sexual interest).


BBS Signature