00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2!

541,564 Views | 163 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-08-12 18:11:11

Very awesome of you dude! Sending an infinite amount of thanks your way! In the form of good karma! <3

"A Moment in Time" available for Pre-Order! https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/859321?updated=1555882256

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-10-04 18:46:04

It's great! I love them!

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-02-22 20:52:57

I love one of the flutes so much i vow to use it in every single track i make that case a flute role.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-02-25 14:21:43

The world needs more people like you. You are awesome, thank you so much.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-03-03 01:23:25

Just popping in to leave a HUGE thanks to BAB for being one of the people who originally inspired me to start composing four years ago and for putting up this collection, which I used for quite a while.

I made a piece today showing what I think are the best patches in the collection. I spent most of today digging around in the pile trying and comparing everything I could. My findings are below.

Strengths:
- Great woodwinds. Better than some paid libraries even!
- Awesome sus strings- If you dig around, there are some amazing string patches amid the mediocre ones. With the right mixing and mastering, these sus patches can rival even stuff like EWQL SO!
- Patches for things like bases and guitars as well if you want to do more than just orchestral.

Weaknesses:
- Few brass patches, as well as few short strings patches. The metal percussion (i.e. cymbals, gongs, chimes) are notably weak as well, but there's some great ethnic perc.
- A lot of the patches are so old or poor to be not useful. It could probably be condensed down to 1-1.5 gigs if you really just bundled the highest quality stuff. Still worth downloading the whole thing of course!

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-03-20 16:05:43

That is amazing !
If I use these samples, could I give attribution to the people involved? Does somebody have a list?
That would be fair :)
Cheers

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-03-26 08:02:04

At 9/23/10 12:50 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Over the last 6 months, I was forced to rebuild my soundfont collection, since I had lost it due to a computer change. During this time, I scoured the internet for some of the highest-quality soundfonts, finding some truly unique ones and some great sites. I could just tell you where to find these soundfonts, but it's easier for you if I just give you all of the ones I use. So enjoy 3.5 gigabytes of soundfonts, all grouped into convenient categories.

Percussion
Part 1 (182 mb)
Part 2 (163 mb)

Strings
Part 1 (171 mb)
Part 2 (117 mb)
Part 3 (28 mb)

Brass and Woodwinds (166 mb)

Choir, SFX, and Various (138 mb)

Collections- soundfonts that feature many instruments spanning several categories, such as GM banks.
Part 1 (191 mb)
Part 2 (163 mb)
Part 3 (180 mb)

Note: All files are compressed in .rar format, so you'll need winrar to open them. Also, Bellatrix Orchestral, by far the largest soundfont in this collection, is compressed in SFark format. You'll need SFark to use it.

Thank you for all the amazing hard work you put into getting this collection together and then allowing us all to receive it.
I use Caustic3 to make music and this collection as realy opened up some new musical avenues for me .

For those that dont use a PC and only have Android , i have got the great people at Cloudconvert.org to add SFARK to SF2 so you can get all the great soundfonts that were once unavailable to you. Which includes the stunning Bellatrix in this collection. :)

Once again , THANK YOU , YOU ARE A GOD

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-03-27 12:08:43

Thank you so very much! My evolution in music making is thanks to this treasure trove of awesome sfs you've shared.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-05-04 20:12:07

Thank you very much.
I am looking for analogic soundfonts of Korg Polysix.
If someone knows some information about it, I'll be waiting here.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-05-05 11:19:37

This is truly amazing. Thank you for this!

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-05-05 17:16:29

This is a clean place to download SFark right?

http://melodymachine.com/sfark.htm

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-05-10 19:57:34

At 5/5/14 05:16 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: This is a clean place to download SFark right?

For real though.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-05-12 21:46:31

Can someone please tell me the steps to downloading these? I don't know how to use SFark (which I could probably look up) and I don't understand exactly what the OP is saying. He says that only Beatrix Orchestral needs SFark but there is no file there that says Beatrix Orchestral.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-06-23 21:34:22

Thank you so much for these!
A number of old videogame, PC game, and pinball technicians are bringing MIDI back into the limelight as one of the better ways for streaming background music into the game.
Right meow we're just assembling a Really Big Toolkit to see which SF2s work the best with our old MIDIs.
More details as they happen!
Steve

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-06-26 10:05:06

Thanks for this collection! It's really really well done!

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-07-28 03:20:03

I literally love you. I think I'm actually crying right now.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-08-09 09:33:31

If anyone wants to hear a symphonic death metal track I made using some of the excellent sounds in this collection, you can hear it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1l9_ZKoKTI
I can't remember off the top of my head what .sf2's I used specifically but basically I used staccatos, your typical sustain strings, and layered 2 choirs. I was going to use Bloodwar's "Haa!"s in the beginning in place of the staccatos, but it just sounded really obviously fake.
If you really must know which .sf2's, you can always just message me or something and I'll look into it for you. Don't think its too important/hard to figure out, though.

Thank you so freaking much for sharing these!!! Seriously! Saved me SO much trouble.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-08-09 12:51:49

Very sorry to post twice, I forgot to ask this because I'm not very bright haha. I don't mean to be unappreciative, but if someone could point out a better .sf2 for choir "Haa!"s I'd really appreciate it. In a similar style to Bloodwar .sf2. I could really use it. Or if its already in the collection please let me know in which directory because this collection is clearly HUGE and it'd take a while for me to find it myself.
Thanks again. This stuff is great. I think my most favorite patch out of this whole collection is the staccatos :) although I still haven't even explored half of it yet.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-08-09 13:13:34

At 5/12/14 09:46 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: Can someone please tell me the steps to downloading these? I don't know how to use SFark (which I could probably look up) and I don't understand exactly what the OP is saying. He says that only Beatrix Orchestral needs SFark but there is no file there that says Beatrix Orchestral.

im still confused after all these YEARS

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-08-09 13:16:18

At 8/9/14 01:13 PM, Lethal-Input wrote:
At 5/12/14 09:46 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: Can someone please tell me the steps to downloading these? I don't know how to use SFark (which I could probably look up) and I don't understand exactly what the OP is saying. He says that only Beatrix Orchestral needs SFark but there is no file there that says Beatrix Orchestral.
im still confused after all these YEARS

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-08-11 19:06:20

I'm glad this is still up! Thanks, it'll definitely be a GREAT asset to my sf2 collection :D

Music Composer & Sound Designer

Website | BandCamp

SoundCloud | YouTube

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-08-22 13:19:43

Great collection! But there's so many different soundfonts that it's almost impossible to check what kind of license have each one. Can you please clarify this point? It's important to know if i can use it legally.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-08-22 13:38:19

Some soundfonts like "westgate_studios_all_percussion.sf2" seems to not be legal, since they sell them here
Be carefull if you are going to sell or distribute your creations.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-10-30 22:05:40

At 8/9/14 09:33 AM, DarkFlameSquirrel wrote: If anyone wants to hear a symphonic death metal track I made using some of the excellent sounds in this collection, you can hear it here:

Dude that song is sick! That percussion is great. Keep it up.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-12-10 13:30:24

hey, I like it! o god, so some soundfonts arn't working, for me.
can someone help?
I want to create orchestral music but with all soundfonts?

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2015-01-02 20:54:13

Thank you so much !!!
i was using the inbuilt sounds of logic for orchestrating the music of my trio for a concert with a philharmonic orchestra we'll do in February but didn't find any woodwinds and searching google i found this thread.....
Thank you !!!
May the force be with you ! :)

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2015-01-16 19:30:33

At 10/30/14 10:05 PM, Bauerklos wrote:
At 8/9/14 09:33 AM, DarkFlameSquirrel wrote: If anyone wants to hear a symphonic death metal track I made using some of the excellent sounds in this collection, you can hear it here:
Dude that song is sick! That percussion is great. Keep it up.

Thank you so much man :D

It's too bad I'm BARELY finding out some of the files in this collection may or may not be legal. How embarrassing!!! I've been sharing a link to this thread around quite frequently and it'll make me look bad. I'm so disappointed. Anyone have a list of the questionable soundfonts so I can weed them out when sharing this with people? Guess it's partially my fault for not reading the responses to be safe.

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2015-01-23 16:52:48

I love You for those soundfonts

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2015-01-23 17:27:30

Some of these are just great (I didn't download the whole pack though)
I'm still a beginner but my music is turning crazy because of these guys, so I wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your help :)
Thank you who ever you are :D

Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2015-01-23 19:13:18

This stuff is amazing, thank you so much! This is pretty much everything I´ve been looking for all over the place.