ArcaneSoul
ArcaneSoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-02-28 20:58:11 Reply

At 2/28/13 07:39 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote:
At 2/28/13 07:20 PM, ArcaneSoul wrote: I know this is a dead thread and a ton of people are going to yell at me but can someone post a demo of these? I wanna hear just how good these are before downloading. Also would these work with abletons sampler?
First of all, they're all soundfonts.

Second of all (hopefully this won't be called advertising), here's a demo of some of them: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/498854

Keep in mind though, there is NO way that anyone could demo every single one of these. One of the folders is called "804 soundfonts", for crying out loud. And many in that have multiple instruments within them!

Yeah i know they are soundfonts. And soundfonts work in samplers right?

And jesus fucking christ the quality in these are amazing judging from that demo you posted. I WILL download it but i just want to double check if they will work because i don't want to download about 3gb of sounds and realize they don't work for shit.

Make music with ALL the genres!

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-02-28 21:12:47 Reply

At 2/28/13 07:42 PM, SourJovis wrote: This thread should never die anyway, so thanks for bumping it. It would be difficult to post a demo. The library is huge. I'd say only about 10-20% is useful for me, and I tweak the settings as much as I can, to make it work. So it sounds different for anyone, and it's to big to capture in a demo. Just download it, it's free and play around with it to see what you can use.

Yes you are totally right!
I would even go further and say that 10% is exaggerating but still..id rather have a lot of stuff that i probably wont use but might some day than nothing at all.
This is without a doubt the best pack for anyone just getting acquainted with SF2 files, it has virtually anything you could ask for and some even have pretty good quality!
In this song i used only SF2 that are in this pack and i listed them in the description

• Christmas Smiles
    Christmas Smiles by DivoFST

My submission for the Mac12 - Christmas Audio Contest

Score
    4.43 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity

Hope this was useful, good luck trying out the SF2 its gonna be a long day, at least for me it was xD

No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-02-28 21:30:45 Reply

At 2/28/13 08:58 PM, ArcaneSoul wrote: Yeah i know they are soundfonts. And soundfonts work in samplers right?

And jesus fucking christ the quality in these are amazing judging from that demo you posted. I WILL download it but i just want to double check if they will work because i don't want to download about 3gb of sounds and realize they don't work for shit.

There are specific soundfont players - they're not really "samples" or specific audio files. There should be plenty of free soundfont players online though, just take a little google search and dig some up. ^_^

As for the project, thanks! :D The quality of the soundfonts is really great for them being soundfonts, but you do have to dig a bit - there's so much in there that naturally some of the soundfonts would be a bit crappier. Another thing is that they can sound like they're drastically different qualities depending on how you use and mix them. Bad mixing and composition will make them sound like cat turds that have been sitting out for 3 days smell, but good mixing and composition can make them shine like a gem.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
sabiansoldier
sabiansoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-05-11 14:04:59 Reply

Created an account on this forum just to say thank you! Great work.

noodles111
noodles111
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-05-22 05:37:36 Reply

I've been a guest lurker here for some time now but finding this absolute gem of a post forced me to make an account just to say thanks for something so epic (even if the original post was a long time back) :D it's what I've been looking for for a while now and it's really appreciated :D absolute star for uploading these :)

Alphanus
Alphanus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-05-28 02:20:08 Reply

Great work on this collection! I find that I use VSTs such as Kontakt a lot these days, but maybe I can find some good alternatives in this that'll take up less CPU when I'm doing something.

Zylann
Zylann
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-07-16 19:59:05 Reply

I downloaded these soundfonts a year ago, and I still use them today in my music and some games... SF2 are not dead !

Also, if anyone is interested, Phenome is a good alternative to SFZ to to play with them.

Here is a work-in-progress that only uses the soundfonts you provided : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60408088/INFO/SSM/ssm_pr eview2.ogg

Again, huge thanks for gathering all the soundfonts !

8-bitheroes
8-bitheroes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-07-17 06:56:07 Reply

Do these work with garage band? Dont wanna download all these and find they're not compatible.

SephTullis
SephTullis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-08-11 01:25:37 Reply

IT'S FREEEEEEEE!!! Thanks so much lad!

alanisnotcool
alanisnotcool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-08-12 18:11:11 Reply

Very awesome of you dude! Sending an infinite amount of thanks your way! In the form of good karma! <3

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-08-12 20:55:21 Reply

Almost finish converting all these to Kontakt, if anyone wants, PM me.

JayKay259
JayKay259
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Artist
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-10-04 18:46:04 Reply

It's great! I love them!

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-10-04 18:51:06 Reply

At 8/12/13 08:55 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Almost finish converting all these to Kontakt, if anyone wants, PM me.

Alright, I'm done converting this, it's such as pain in da butt. Uploading to MediaFIre now. Turned out to be MORE THAN 3.5 GB

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-10-04 19:23:19 Reply

At 10/4/13 06:51 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 8/12/13 08:55 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Almost finish converting all these to Kontakt, if anyone wants, PM me.
Alright, I'm done converting this, it's such as pain in da butt. Uploading to MediaFIre now. Turned out to be MORE THAN 3.5 GB

What are the Instrument NKI files as?

Are they in sampler mode or DFD mode?

CentralComposers - Cinematic, Hybrid and Soundtrack Sample libraries.

Sound Designer and Kontakt programmer.

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-10-04 20:53:24 Reply

At 10/4/13 07:23 PM, Bspendlove wrote: What are the Instrument NKI files as?

Sampler mode, I thought of using monolith. NKI.

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-10-04 20:56:06 Reply

At 10/4/13 08:53 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 10/4/13 07:23 PM, Bspendlove wrote: What are the Instrument NKI files as?

Sampler mode, I thought of using monolith. NKI.

Yeah Dayummmm, I understand why, but sampler mode is a memory killer, I would say to make all the patches into DFD mode and it will seriously compress the size by a major amount :(

I done it with my CentralPan Flute, one of the instrument patches was around 0.8gb? now its less than 200mb xD

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-10-05 11:06:17 Reply

At 10/4/13 08:56 PM, Bspendlove wrote: Yeah Dayummmm, I understand why, but sampler mode is a memory killer, I would say to make all the patches into DFD mode and it will seriously compress the size by a major amount :(

I should have done that. The upload is STILL GOING with all night my freaking machine is on. I don't know if I should cancel it and convert them to DFD, or keep trying...

I done it with my CentralPan Flute, one of the instrument patches was around 0.8gb? now its less than 200mb xD

But the quality is reduced right?

Bspendlove
Bspendlove
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-10-05 13:51:45 Reply

At 10/5/13 11:06 AM, Elitistinen wrote: But the quality is reduced right?

Nope, think of it like a wav file...

People say wav files hold more quality... But there is also memory there that we don't need...

The quality will not be reduced and even if it did with DFD, I am pretty sure it would be such a small amount that the human ear could not recognize it...

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-02-22 20:52:57 Reply

I love one of the flutes so much i vow to use it in every single track i make that case a flute role.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. pm me for (free) hire, depending on your project i will make you a ost.

Omegeist
Omegeist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-02-22 22:00:33 Reply

Looks great! Can't wait to download

Koori-kun
Koori-kun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-02-25 14:21:43 Reply

The world needs more people like you. You are awesome, thank you so much.

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-03-03 01:23:25 Reply

Just popping in to leave a HUGE thanks to BAB for being one of the people who originally inspired me to start composing four years ago and for putting up this collection, which I used for quite a while.

I made a piece today showing what I think are the best patches in the collection. I spent most of today digging around in the pile trying and comparing everything I could. My findings are below.

Strengths:
- Great woodwinds. Better than some paid libraries even!
- Awesome sus strings- If you dig around, there are some amazing string patches amid the mediocre ones. With the right mixing and mastering, these sus patches can rival even stuff like EWQL SO!
- Patches for things like bases and guitars as well if you want to do more than just orchestral.

Weaknesses:
- Few brass patches, as well as few short strings patches. The metal percussion (i.e. cymbals, gongs, chimes) are notably weak as well, but there's some great ethnic perc.
- A lot of the patches are so old or poor to be not useful. It could probably be condensed down to 1-1.5 gigs if you really just bundled the highest quality stuff. Still worth downloading the whole thing of course!

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
blackrachmaninov
blackrachmaninov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-03-20 16:05:43 Reply

That is amazing !
If I use these samples, could I give attribution to the people involved? Does somebody have a list?
That would be fair :)
Cheers

jonmcg
jonmcg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-03-26 08:02:04 Reply

At 9/23/10 12:50 PM, blackattackbitch wrote: Over the last 6 months, I was forced to rebuild my soundfont collection, since I had lost it due to a computer change. During this time, I scoured the internet for some of the highest-quality soundfonts, finding some truly unique ones and some great sites. I could just tell you where to find these soundfonts, but it's easier for you if I just give you all of the ones I use. So enjoy 3.5 gigabytes of soundfonts, all grouped into convenient categories.

Percussion
Part 1 (182 mb)
Part 2 (163 mb)

Strings
Part 1 (171 mb)
Part 2 (117 mb)
Part 3 (28 mb)

Brass and Woodwinds (166 mb)

Choir, SFX, and Various (138 mb)

Collections- soundfonts that feature many instruments spanning several categories, such as GM banks.
Part 1 (191 mb)
Part 2 (163 mb)
Part 3 (180 mb)

Note: All files are compressed in .rar format, so you'll need winrar to open them. Also, Bellatrix Orchestral, by far the largest soundfont in this collection, is compressed in SFark format. You'll need SFark to use it.

Thank you for all the amazing hard work you put into getting this collection together and then allowing us all to receive it.
I use Caustic3 to make music and this collection as realy opened up some new musical avenues for me .

For those that dont use a PC and only have Android , i have got the great people at Cloudconvert.org to add SFARK to SF2 so you can get all the great soundfonts that were once unavailable to you. Which includes the stunning Bellatrix in this collection. :)

Once again , THANK YOU , YOU ARE A GOD

AyzanNightbane
AyzanNightbane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-03-27 12:08:43 Reply

Thank you so very much! My evolution in music making is thanks to this treasure trove of awesome sfs you've shared.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-05-04 20:12:07 Reply

Thank you very much.
I am looking for analogic soundfonts of Korg Polysix.
If someone knows some information about it, I'll be waiting here.

Joonique
Joonique
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-05-05 11:19:37 Reply

This is truly amazing. Thank you for this!

Lethal-Input
Lethal-Input
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-05-05 17:16:29 Reply

This is a clean place to download SFark right?

http://melodymachine.com/sfark.htm

Lethal-Input
Lethal-Input
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-05-10 19:57:34 Reply

At 5/5/14 05:16 PM, Lethal-Input wrote: This is a clean place to download SFark right?

http://melodymachine.com/sfark.htm

For real though.

Lethal-Input
Lethal-Input
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2014-05-12 21:46:31 Reply

Can someone please tell me the steps to downloading these? I don't know how to use SFark (which I could probably look up) and I don't understand exactly what the OP is saying. He says that only Beatrix Orchestral needs SFark but there is no file there that says Beatrix Orchestral.