Be a Supporter!

3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2!

  • 151,123 Views
  • 130 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-08-06 21:40:16 Reply

I would like very much to replace these great kits my 6 years old "orchestra kits" (30% of them are synth generated in Milky) but none of the Soundfonts player I gather that work without glitch in OpenMPT.

;( I will have to get Renoise or in the meantime I stick with these until the end of NGADM...

Saharadon
Saharadon
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 02:12:53 Reply

Thanks a ton! Really good sounds!

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 10:19:26 Reply

At 9/27/12 02:12 AM, Saharadon wrote: Thanks a ton! Really good sounds!

Erm... I did some investigating and lots of these are NOT free to use and/or are stripped from premium VSTs like Project Sam. -_-


Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 17:31:30 Reply

At 9/27/12 10:19 AM, MetalRenard wrote:
At 9/27/12 02:12 AM, Saharadon wrote: Thanks a ton! Really good sounds!
Erm... I did some investigating and lots of these are NOT free to use and/or are stripped from premium VSTs like Project Sam. -_-

Provide PROOF or it didn't happen.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 17:51:04 Reply

At 9/27/12 05:31 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Provide PROOF or it didn't happen.

The proof is in the bloody files. Look at the names.


Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 39
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 18:00:39 Reply

At 9/27/12 05:51 PM, MetalRenard wrote:
At 9/27/12 05:31 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Provide PROOF or it didn't happen.
The proof is in the bloody files. Look at the names.

That tells us nothing. Since none of us have all the packs you mentioned.

Provide the proof yourself. You're the one doing the accusations after all.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 20:45:36 Reply

At 9/27/12 06:00 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: That tells us nothing. Since none of us have all the packs you mentioned.
Provide the proof yourself. You're the one doing the accusations after all.

Alright, sending you a PM.


Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 21:08:16 Reply

At 9/27/12 10:19 AM, MetalRenard wrote:
At 9/27/12 02:12 AM, Saharadon wrote: Thanks a ton! Really good sounds!
Erm... I did some investigating and lots of these are NOT free to use and/or are stripped from premium VSTs like Project Sam. -_-

Last I checked Project Sam stuff DON'T USE SF2. Proof or never happens.


What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 21:14:24 Reply

Also he might borrow some stuff from ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/awe32/soundfonts/ my audio analyzer found matches between SFZ/SF2 samples I collected.

Again, if you mean Project Sam freebies, they are here. Yes, it's fucking torrent, but don't jump around because those are released freebies that someone else decided to share since the vendor pulled the freebie page offline.

And it's in Gigastudio.


What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 21:19:22 Reply

I sent all relative information to the moderator.


Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 21:28:16 Reply

- Sorry for double post but I was asked to post the information here too -

At 9/27/12 06:00 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: That tells us nothing. Since none of us have all the packs you mentioned.
Provide the proof yourself. You're the one doing the accusations after all.

Here is a screenshot of some of the files in the downloadable soundfonts in that thread. I blanked out my real name (after "user" in the file path), and I highlighted the files I talk about in this PM.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28025798/Soundfont%20Scre enshot.png

Example 1) http://www.projectsam.com/Home
As you can see, Project Sam sells its products for $1000s, and under a completely different format, not .sfk but as VSTs. This means the sounds have been extracted and are being redistributed.

Example 2) Papelmedia's soundfonts are NOT free: http://download.cnet.com/Papelmedia-GS-SoundFont-S F2-Premium-Plus/3000-2170_4-10257440.html
Note the "Free to try (Some features limited); $59.00 to buy" - this is completely bypassed in this package of downloads.

On top of that, here's a thread on KVRAudio (A very respected music site/forum) making claims about other files present here (the Papelmedia soundfonts): http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7433 2
It talks about how they're redistributing samples they do not own and therefore using them is illegal too.

Example 3) is Proteus: http://www.creative.com/emu/proteusvx/
Their terms are (viewable once you've downloaded their free product):
"As between you and Creative (and, to the extent applicable, its licensors), Creative retains all title to and ownership of the Software and reserves all rights not expressly granted to you. Creative grants to you the right to use all or a portion of this Software provided that
(a) the Software is not distributed for profit;
(b) the Software is used only in conjunction with Creative's family of products;
(c) the Software is NOT modified; and
(d) all copyright notices are maintained on the Software."

As you can see, b, c and d are not respected here.

In conclusion, I'm sure there are many more but 3 strikes is enough to prove my point I think.


Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 21:57:30 Reply

Example 1) http://www.projectsam.com/Home
As you can see, Project Sam sells its products for $1000s, and under a completely different format, not .sfk but as VSTs. This means the sounds have been extracted and are being redistributed.

You are disproving yourself. Not enough facts. Actually throw more out if you want.

By stating ".sfk but as VSTs" doesn't save your points, Foxxy. In fact Project Sam gave promotes a couple of times within these years.

Example 2) Papelmedia's soundfonts are NOT free: http://download.cnet.com/Papelmedia-GS-SoundFont-S F2-Premium-Plus/3000-2170_4-10257440.html

It's a shareware. Shareware on CNET are largely hybrid sources. In fact CNET is just a 3rd-party software hoster, it cannot control full license of the actual software. The main site of Papelmedia is down so no way to confirm their shits.

Also, http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=958167#958167

People claim Papelmedia was also selling freebies that they got from other sources. So much fun. How about feeling your own flame burn up your own ass?


What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 22:04:47 Reply

At 9/27/12 09:57 PM, Computer112 wrote: stuff

My good sir... I applaud you.


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 22:14:19 Reply

At 9/27/12 09:57 PM, Computer112 wrote:
Example 1) http://www.projectsam.com/Home
As you can see, Project Sam sells its products for $1000s, and under a completely different format, not .sfk but as VSTs. This means the sounds have been extracted and are being redistributed.
You are disproving yourself. Not enough facts. Actually throw more out if you want.

By stating ".sfk but as VSTs" doesn't save your points, Foxxy. In fact Project Sam gave promotes a couple of times within these years.

Example 2) Papelmedia's soundfonts are NOT free: http://download.cnet.com/Papelmedia-GS-SoundFont-S F2-Premium-Plus/3000-2170_4-10257440.html
It's a shareware. Shareware on CNET are largely hybrid sources. In fact CNET is just a 3rd-party software hoster, it cannot control full license of the actual software. The main site of Papelmedia is down so no way to confirm their shits.

Also, http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=958167#958167

People claim Papelmedia was also selling freebies that they got from other sources. So much fun. How about feeling your own flame burn up your own ass?

Actually you're wrong, it does prove what I'm saying. The simple fact that it's as a different format proves the sounds are not given by Project Sam themselves and are therefore breaking the law.

As for Papelmedia, here: http://www.papelmedia-sf2.com-about.com/
Shareware - must be purchased after a trial period. So even if they aren't stealing things, it's still illegal to redistribute it without the license and information on where to pay.

And you couldn't say anything against my 3rd point either, which is enough to prove my original point in itself.


Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out! Veteran REAPER user.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 22:31:17 Reply

I could BBQ your ass with sauce right now with 3 punch lines. But I'll wait until BAB get his ass back here and then we'll do the cooking together.


What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
Reikaiser
Reikaiser
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 22:59:45 Reply

Thank you.


The Thundaga Mixtape
Peace, Love and Video Games.
The Lyricist Alchemist.

SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-27 23:18:41 Reply

Because I feel I should say something...

At 9/27/12 10:14 PM, MetalRenard wrote: Actually you're wrong, it does prove what I'm saying. The simple fact that it's as a different format proves the sounds are not given by Project Sam themselves and are therefore breaking the law.

Uh, no. Do a little research. Project Sam actually did give out some freebies at some point. What format they were in, I don't know, but when they did give out said freebies, people could have recorded them and put them in soundfonts if they were not already in soundfont format. This is not illegal - people do it all the time.

As for Papelmedia, here: http://www.papelmedia-sf2.com-about.com/
Shareware - must be purchased after a trial period. So even if they aren't stealing things, it's still illegal to redistribute it without the license and information on where to pay.

Papelmedia has this: download Papelmedia SF2 for free It is RIGHT underneath the information where they also state that it is shareware. In case you don't know what shareware is, it is essentially a 'demo' (hence its other name "demoware"). It is not necessarily limited to 'must be purchased after a trial period'. It can also be limited by functionality (like FL Studio does - its demo can do everything but save) or convenience (it might stop working 15 minutes after opening it (until you open it again) like some VSTs do), NOT just availability (not working after a certain time). Not to mention, FL Studio also has a papelmedia string soundfont that comes with it. Is Image-Line sharing illegal files as well? No. Besides, if you like papelmedia's samples, then you can just search "papelmedia" on google. This is something called "logic".

And you couldn't say anything against my 3rd point either, which is enough to prove my original point in itself.

Just a guess: It was probably because nobody wanted to download a 65MB file to verify this. However.
1. There actually are Proteus soundfonts that exist, given out by E-MU. So much for that. Not to mention, the soundfonts are titled "proteus" - they say exactly what they're from. If they were titled something else and you detected it, THEN I might agree with you a little more.
2. The software has not been distributed. These are soundfonts, not software. Therefore, a, b, c, AND d are all moot points. Keep in mind though, this is in conjunction with my first point about Proteus.

There. All three issues refuted. Happy now?


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
RetromanOMG
RetromanOMG
  • Member since: Oct. 8, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-28 00:09:41 Reply

Huh. A lot of my music is made using these soundfonts. It would seriously suck if there was anything suspect about them. But they're all fine, right?

aDeafBat
aDeafBat
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-09-28 13:32:01 Reply

btw, you can still find some of papelmedia's soundfonts http://download.cnet.com/Papelmedia-GS-SoundFont-SF2-Premium -Plus/3000-2170_4-10257440.html

These are released without any type of license agreement or copyright information, soo..

slabraton
slabraton
  • Member since: Nov. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-11-19 11:39:20 Reply

I have been looking for good orchestral sounds and I stumbled on your post. I am not familiar with using soundfonts correctly, but I intend to try. Thank you very much for your efforts.

Radiarc
Radiarc
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-12-05 02:32:10 Reply

I can't thank you enough for this upload; I've used the DXS strings in about 14 of my songs, not to mention some other stuff I later found in other places on the net, but looking back, I saw them in the compilation ^^;

As an LMMS user seeking to use purely free soundfonts to make music, this is absolutely wonderful.
An example of (some of) them in action (look past the pony and listen to the music):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvIIpDSg1OE
I can't remember what all I used, but the DXS strings are pretty much my go-to .sf2 for all string-related instances, and the percussion section really helped provide more impact.

I've referred a few others to this compilation, but I guess I need to stress it more -- those staccato strings are the best I've had yet, and I've tested SEVERAL.
Thanks a lot =3

GershBeats
GershBeats
  • Member since: Sep. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-12-06 00:21:24 Reply

It's a terrific upload, thanks very much!

DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-12-13 13:53:53 Reply

This is awesome!
So many useful stuff here..i wish i stumbled into this earlier...


No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
JosePavli
JosePavli
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-12-17 18:50:29 Reply

At 12/13/12 01:53 PM, DivoFST wrote: This is awesome!
So many useful stuff here..i wish i stumbled into this earlier...

Here is what I did !

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/515475?updated=1


BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-12-24 12:34:49 Reply

I used this in 2 of my projects but i am still a long way from knowing the best of the best inside the pack.
Can you guys point me to your favorite Violin, Viola and Cello inside the pack?


No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2012-12-24 21:09:49 Reply

Thanks for the good sounds. I haven't even gotten all of them, and I've only used some of the choir sounds so far, but it helped me a lot. Especially those Irena Brochin samples sound great. You can do some nice legato things with it.


BBS Signature
TheyCallMeCaudex
TheyCallMeCaudex
  • Member since: May. 2, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-02-15 22:14:26 Reply

WOW!!! THANKS!!!

You have no idea how long I've been looking for this!!!


Reality is a sandwich I did not order.

ArcaneSoul
ArcaneSoul
  • Member since: Apr. 9, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-02-28 19:20:45 Reply

I know this is a dead thread and a ton of people are going to yell at me but can someone post a demo of these? I wanna hear just how good these are before downloading. Also would these work with abletons sampler?


Make music with ALL the genres!

BBS Signature
SkyeWint
SkyeWint
  • Member since: Feb. 2, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-02-28 19:39:00 Reply

At 2/28/13 07:20 PM, ArcaneSoul wrote: I know this is a dead thread and a ton of people are going to yell at me but can someone post a demo of these? I wanna hear just how good these are before downloading. Also would these work with abletons sampler?

First of all, they're all soundfonts.

Second of all (hopefully this won't be called advertising), here's a demo of some of them: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/498854

Keep in mind though, there is NO way that anyone could demo every single one of these. One of the folders is called "804 soundfonts", for crying out loud. And many in that have multiple instruments within them!


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature
SourJovis
SourJovis
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! 2013-02-28 19:42:24 Reply

At 2/28/13 07:20 PM, ArcaneSoul wrote: I know this is a dead thread and a ton of people are going to yell at me but can someone post a demo of these? I wanna hear just how good these are before downloading. Also would these work with abletons sampler?

This thread should never die anyway, so thanks for bumping it. It would be difficult to post a demo. The library is huge. I'd say only about 10-20% is useful for me, and I tweak the settings as much as I can, to make it work. So it sounds different for anyone, and it's to big to capture in a demo. Just download it, it's free and play around with it to see what you can use.


BBS Signature