Be a Supporter!

3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2!

  • 133,918 Views
  • 129 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
mikers2
mikers2
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Oct. 6th, 2010 @ 03:31 AM Reply

Thanks so much for these - look forward to trying them out!
There seems to be a problem with the Collections part 1.rar download - says that the servers dont have that file available though... :(

miquelmatas
miquelmatas
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Oct. 6th, 2010 @ 05:35 AM Reply

Confirmed!

mikers2
mikers2
  • Member since: Oct. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Oct. 6th, 2010 @ 06:08 PM Reply

Its Back!

masheenH3ad
masheenH3ad
  • Member since: Oct. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Oct. 6th, 2010 @ 10:55 PM Reply

Thank you! At last a welcome addition to anyone's sound library. May we create great stuffs using this sound fonts of yours.

zach72
zach72
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Oct. 9th, 2010 @ 09:55 PM Reply

OMG! These string soundfonts I've tried here are awesome! Best string soundfonts I've heard =D

profizient
profizient
  • Member since: Dec. 9, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Dec. 9th, 2010 @ 09:08 PM Reply

Strings part 3 keeps throwing the 403 forbidden error.
May you please repost part 3.

I am looking forward to playing with the toys you've added to my playground

Thanks

Stoerphunk
Stoerphunk
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 02:24 AM Reply

People are still using Soundfonts? Wow, this is such an ancient thing to do.
Get Nexus or similar samplers, they sound way better.

EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Member since: May. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 04:06 AM Reply

At 12/10/10 02:24 AM, Stoerphunk wrote: People are still using Soundfonts? Wow, this is such an ancient thing to do.
Get Nexus or similar samplers, they sound way better.

Sounds like someone never heard of the saying "Free shit is free shit- take it while you can"

Totally dl-ing this, if it's still up there.

I really need something to replace the outdated squidfont orchestral soundfonts.


If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.
~Morton Feldman
Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature
Stoerphunk
Stoerphunk
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 06:53 AM Reply

At 12/10/10 04:06 AM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote:
At 12/10/10 02:24 AM, Stoerphunk wrote: People are still using Soundfonts? Wow, this is such an ancient thing to do.
Get Nexus or similar samplers, they sound way better.
Sounds like someone never heard of the saying "Free shit is free shit- take it while you can"

But shit is shit, and it will not taste better if it's free.

EmperorCharlemagne
EmperorCharlemagne
  • Member since: May. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Dec. 10th, 2010 @ 02:33 PM Reply

Cool story, bro.

Anyway, I am really impressed with the selection of sf2s here. I thought it was just going to be "Strings- Violin" and "Strings- pizzicato" and basic stuff like that.

That stuff is there, but the sheer variety of different ways the instruments are played in these sf2 files are pretty damn sweet. It's surprisingly comprehensive, and I'm surprised that soundfonts went to that level of awesome.


If you think you might have secret information listening to me, you're lost.
~Morton Feldman
Click on ROGA'S for a good time.

BBS Signature
infodiff
infodiff
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Dec. 16th, 2010 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 9/23/10 01:11 PM, Sequenced wrote: Wow, thanks for the samples man. Downloading at the moment, can't wait to use them. I need to start writing some classical stuff soon, so this will be really helpful. :)

Thanks.

bossler13
bossler13
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Dec. 18th, 2010 @ 02:27 AM Reply

you, my friend, are awesome.

thanks so much for all of this. it has been quite helpful

jkap1
jkap1
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Dec. 18th, 2010 @ 05:03 AM Reply

Downloading now. Many many thanks.

DJ-Chilvan
DJ-Chilvan
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Dec. 19th, 2010 @ 12:42 AM Reply

Yo dude...you're sweet as sex...

nuff said
well, I forwarded this page to some of my fellow non-newgrounds musicians

Check out my new track Tokyo Pop and my hit: Our Nova Pt. 2.
Member of Review Request Club.

DJ-Chilvan
DJ-Chilvan
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Dec. 19th, 2010 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 12/10/10 06:53 AM, Stoerphunk wrote:
At 12/10/10 04:06 AM, EmperorCharlemagne wrote:
At 12/10/10 02:24 AM, Stoerphunk wrote: People are still using Soundfonts? Wow, this is such an ancient thing to do.
Get Nexus or similar samplers, they sound way better.
Sounds like someone never heard of the saying "Free shit is free shit- take it while you can"
But shit is shit, and it will not taste better if it's free.

But one can turn a crack rock into a mountain. With simple and primitive EQing skills one can make these good sounding sounds sound (I love the triple use of the same word but different conjugation=P) even better.
Plus, Nexus aint all that. Yes, I use it a lot but I hate how everything is pre-mastered already. It makes EQing hard as shit


Check out my new track Tokyo Pop and my hit: Our Nova Pt. 2.
Member of Review Request Club.

Cynus
Cynus
  • Member since: Dec. 5, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 07:12 PM Reply

It took 2 hours to download all of this. HOLY SHIT ITS AWESOME.

SkatingIsGenetic
SkatingIsGenetic
  • Member since: Aug. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Apr. 26th, 2011 @ 06:36 PM Reply

I've taken a few of my midi tracks, uploaded them to FLand imported these soundfonts and well...

*nods head viciously*

I APPROVE!

Thanks a bunch! =)

I'll make sure to link others to this page, that is, whomever is looking for soundfonts within the audio forum.


MuZiCk.::.iS.::.E>

DennysLock
DennysLock
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! May. 1st, 2011 @ 09:04 PM Reply

Thanks for the big ass pack of soundfonts my friend, the orchestral fonts I've been using lately need a lot of work but these seem very promising. Awesome!


[swf url=http://img186.imageshack.us/img 186/9835/donthateme.swf width=248 height=161]

BBS Signature
silverpot2000
silverpot2000
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Jul. 5th, 2012 @ 01:41 AM Reply

Hiya....first off...i wanna thank you for the outstanding resource youve provided for anyone willing to take advantage of it.

1 question...and its probably gunna sound retarded considering where im posting. Can you recommend a good program to use all of these with? Sorry im a complete noob when it comes to this but i would like to start making music sooner than later. (also i would rather get a free program than one i have to pay for)

The reason being, ive been learning programming (among other things) in the hopes of creating my own-fully independent MMORPG, and when i say fully independent....im being quite literal (meaning graphics, programming, music...the works all done by me and/or 1 other person). So needless to say....i want to start making some music =].

On a side note: I'm going to post all music done for the game on newgrounds so that anyone can use it. Also, when i get everything ready, i plan to let everyone on newgrounds know FIRST!!!. Been browsing the portal for somewhere around a decade now and i cant think of a better place to start =].

Anyway...sorry about the long post, and thanks in advance for any help you give.

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Jul. 5th, 2012 @ 04:08 AM Reply

At 7/5/12 01:41 AM, silverpot2000 wrote: Hiya....first off...i wanna thank you for the outstanding resource youve provided for anyone willing to take advantage of it.

1 question...and its probably gunna sound retarded considering where im posting. Can you recommend a good program to use all of these with? Sorry im a complete noob when it comes to this but i would like to start making music sooner than later. (also i would rather get a free program than one i have to pay for)

The reason being, ive been learning programming (among other things) in the hopes of creating my own-fully independent MMORPG, and when i say fully independent....im being quite literal (meaning graphics, programming, music...the works all done by me and/or 1 other person). So needless to say....i want to start making some music =].

On a side note: I'm going to post all music done for the game on newgrounds so that anyone can use it. Also, when i get everything ready, i plan to let everyone on newgrounds know FIRST!!!. Been browsing the portal for somewhere around a decade now and i cant think of a better place to start =].

Anyway...sorry about the long post, and thanks in advance for any help you give.

That sounds like an interesting project but I'm afraid if you think that you can just get some software and start making awesome music for your game straight away you're very mistaken. The first songs you make will be really bad, even if you're some musical prodigy. It'll take at least 2 years of making music to actually start making good stuff. This obviously varies from person to person, of course, but my point is that making music takes a lot of practice.

That being said, there's plenty of software (called DAWs - Digital Audio Workstations) that are used to make music. The first that pops to mind is FL Studio, which is the one I use. I'd recommend it any day, because it's a great program and it even has lifetime free updates so if you buy it once, then any other future update will be free. The other DAWs don't have this luxury, but they're still very good programs, better than FL in some aspects and worse than FL in others. There's Reason, Cubase, Sonar, Logic/Garageband, ProTools, and free ones like Mu.Lab and LMMS.

If you get FL, then to use the soundfonts linked to, you first download them, then go to your FL folder (typically C: > Program Files > Image-Line > FL Studio), go to Data > Patches > Soundfonts, and put them in there, which is where you can access them in FL (FL has a browser on the left and all you need to do is click on the Soundfonts folder in that browser to access your soundfonts). The Bellatrix Orchestral soundfont is in sfArk format, which you'll need a program called sfArk to use.

Hope I helped.


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Reikaiser
Reikaiser
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Jul. 5th, 2012 @ 09:53 AM Reply

Thank you for sharing, gonna get my hands on these.

Mad Props!


The Thundaga Mixtape
Peace, Love and Video Games.
The Lyricist Alchemist.

silverpot2000
silverpot2000
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Jul. 5th, 2012 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At 7/5/12 04:08 AM, Step wrote:
At 7/5/12 01:41 AM, silverpot2000 wrote: Hiya....first off...i wanna thank you for the outstanding resource youve provided for anyone willing to take advantage of it.

1 question...and its probably gunna sound retarded considering where im posting. Can you recommend a good program to use all of these with? Sorry im a complete noob when it comes to this but i would like to start making music sooner than later. (also i would rather get a free program than one i have to pay for)

The reason being, ive been learning programming (among other things) in the hopes of creating my own-fully independent MMORPG, and when i say fully independent....im being quite literal (meaning graphics, programming, music...the works all done by me and/or 1 other person). So needless to say....i want to start making some music =].

On a side note: I'm going to post all music done for the game on newgrounds so that anyone can use it. Also, when i get everything ready, i plan to let everyone on newgrounds know FIRST!!!. Been browsing the portal for somewhere around a decade now and i cant think of a better place to start =].

Anyway...sorry about the long post, and thanks in advance for any help you give.
That sounds like an interesting project but I'm afraid if you think that you can just get some software and start making awesome music for your game straight away you're very mistaken. The first songs you make will be really bad, even if you're some musical prodigy. It'll take at least 2 years of making music to actually start making good stuff. This obviously varies from person to person, of course, but my point is that making music takes a lot of practice.

That being said, there's plenty of software (called DAWs - Digital Audio Workstations) that are used to make music. The first that pops to mind is FL Studio, which is the one I use. I'd recommend it any day, because it's a great program and it even has lifetime free updates so if you buy it once, then any other future update will be free. The other DAWs don't have this luxury, but they're still very good programs, better than FL in some aspects and worse than FL in others. There's Reason, Cubase, Sonar, Logic/Garageband, ProTools, and free ones like Mu.Lab and LMMS.

If you get FL, then to use the soundfonts linked to, you first download them, then go to your FL folder (typically C: > Program Files > Image-Line > FL Studio), go to Data > Patches > Soundfonts, and put them in there, which is where you can access them in FL (FL has a browser on the left and all you need to do is click on the Soundfonts folder in that browser to access your soundfonts). The Bellatrix Orchestral soundfont is in sfArk format, which you'll need a program called sfArk to use.

Hope I helped.

well...i was fairly certain i would have to put a fair amount of work into it, after all...anything thats worth doing is worth doing right right? Besides...i don't plan on being done with the game for quite some time...so i have plenty of that.

And thank you for suggesting FLstudio...and telling me what they are called (DAW's) i would probably use FLstudio but im a bit low on funds right now so i may try to lookup something free later

thanks again for the help...and if anyone could direct me to some tutorials on how to use these things that would be greatly appreciated.

JJM121
JJM121
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Jul. 6th, 2012 @ 06:18 PM Reply

This has pretty a very huge variety of instruments. That bagpipe sample is so win.

Thanks so much.

silverpot2000
silverpot2000
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 01:29 AM Reply

Quick question about the files: Do they work with Audacity? I recently got a game programming book that comes with it so i wondering if anybody knew O.o

HalcyonicFalconX
HalcyonicFalconX
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 10:27 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 01:29 AM, silverpot2000 wrote: Quick question about the files: Do they work with Audacity? I recently got a game programming book that comes with it so i wondering if anybody knew O.o

Audacity is an audio editing program. It doesn't (or at least to my knowledge) have sequencer capabilities. SF2's won't work with it.

silverpot2000
silverpot2000
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Game Developer
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 11:52 PM Reply

At 7/8/12 10:27 PM, HalcyonicFalconX wrote:
At 7/8/12 01:29 AM, silverpot2000 wrote: Quick question about the files: Do they work with Audacity? I recently got a game programming book that comes with it so i wondering if anybody knew O.o
Audacity is an audio editing program. It doesn't (or at least to my knowledge) have sequencer capabilities. SF2's won't work with it.

Bleh....i guess i gotta get some other stuff then...oh well, im not too terribly worried about it right now, until i have a decent understanding of it anyway.

Anyway...thank you for your reply. I may have some more questions about this type of thing later, but for now i think I've gone way too far from the subject of this post =P

I do plan to start on this sooner or later, because i don't want to edit things and mold them into a song like a remix...i really want to create my own music from the ground up...but for now i think i have too much on my plate to worry about it atm.

zelazon
zelazon
  • Member since: Oct. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 04:05 AM Reply

So glad someone brought this thread back from the dead... it's full of win.

zionJD
zionJD
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Jul. 9th, 2012 @ 03:53 PM Reply

1 question...and its probably gunna sound retarded considering where im posting. Can you recommend a good program to use all of these with? Sorry im a complete noob when it comes to this but i would like to start making music sooner than later. (also i would rather get a free program than one i have to pay for)

Oh no no! That is totally fantastic idea. Considering Soundfonts is open-source; it won't be a troubled idea to put everything in a big chunk of samples. I am so longing to make a robust Soundfonts player that doesn't crash every 15 minutes. Meanwhile look on Github or SourceForge for a more robust SF player than the one that suggested by musicians on here.

Also, using best programs doesn't mean you will write insanely great music. I am using lower quality samples than SF and I can still make music I wanted them to sound like blockbuster ones!

The reason being, ive been learning programming (among other things) in the hopes of creating my own-fully independent MMORPG, and when i say fully independent....im being quite literal (meaning graphics, programming, music...the works all done by me and/or 1 other person). So needless to say....i want to start making some music =].

Oh bugger! Is MMORPG is the only reason why people learn programming for???! Anyway, I have solution for using Soundfonts in game sound engine. Similar to my previous idea, I might give it a try to tweak all the SF samples into a huge chunk of digital data, just like what I did to MIDI libraries for Flash demo.

Will PM you sooner or later!

On a side note: I'm going to post all music done for the game on newgrounds so that anyone can use it. Also, when i get everything ready, i plan to let everyone on newgrounds know FIRST!!!. Been browsing the portal for somewhere around a decade now and i cant think of a better place to start =].

Aye my new friend.

HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Member since: Jun. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Aug. 3rd, 2012 @ 05:09 AM Reply

Sorry for the bump, but I just downloaded the samples and can't access them because SFark isn't supported on 64 bit systems D:

I really don't want 3.5 GB of bandwidth to go to waste. Is there any other way I can use them?


lol fuk u

MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Member since: Apr. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to 3.5 Gb Of Hq Ochestral Sf2! Aug. 6th, 2012 @ 01:17 PM Reply

Finished downloading the percussion, and really enjoying playing with the drums. A feast for the ears, thank!