Be a Supporter!

The Genre Mod Crew

  • 20,921 Views
  • 433 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rabid-Animals
Rabid-Animals
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Animator
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 02:39 PM Reply

Quick tip, fellow mods:

I turned off Flashes auto-loading, because the [Edit] button doesn't do anything if the Flash is loading with the rest of the page. Now, if I'm just checking tags, I can open it up immediately. This might be a browser deal, so Windows 7 Firefox 3.6.10 for those curious.

Again, this won't really help if you're going through an entire Flash from start to finish, but if you're just checking a Flash you know to make sure its tags are good and its rating is appropriate, it's helpful.


BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 04:21 PM Reply

So there's another redesign coming?! This is news to me. Also, I'd like to sign if you'll have me, it'll give me something to do other than play games in my spare time.


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 26th, 2010 @ 06:45 PM Reply

Heads up guys... I don't think you're supposed to ask to be a genre mod in this thread. No one has gotten genre modded by asking in this thread, as far as I know.


Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 10:53 AM Reply

I have a favour to ask the fellow genre mods. Could any of you work on any of the Series pages? Besides Madness (I think it's all done), Broken Saints and Blockhead as well as any flashes that are found in other pages, these pages have yet to be touched by genre modding team as far as I know and there's a lot to go through.

At 9/26/10 02:39 PM, Rabid-Animals wrote: Quick tip, fellow mods:

I turned off Flashes auto-loading, because the [Edit] button doesn't do anything if the Flash is loading with the rest of the page. Now, if I'm just checking tags, I can open it up immediately. This might be a browser deal, so Windows 7 Firefox 3.6.10 for those curious.

Actually, I've had this problem from time to time for a while now. When Tom recruited the original team, we were told the tools would be rusty at times but if it fails to work, refresh and try again. It's usually fine the second time for me if I'm experiencing any problems.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 03:56 PM Reply

I'm a genre mod now.

thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 03:56 PM, Jolly wrote: I'm a genre mod now.

oh god how did i get here i am not good with computer


BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 04:01 PM, thenewbies wrote:
At 9/28/10 03:56 PM, Jolly wrote: I'm a genre mod now.
oh god how did i get here i am not good with computer

Was your mom on your computer?

Archawn
Archawn
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 06:14 PM Reply

[WINDOWS COLLECTION]

Action

Comedy - Original

Simulation - Other (Or, "Comedy - Parody" if you cannot change it to "Game")

Simulation - Other

Other

Simulation - Other

Simulation - Other

Simulation - Other

Informative

Comedy - Parody

Comedy - Parody

Simulation - Other

Comedy - Parody

Comedy - Parody

Simulation - Other

Simulation - Other

Simulation - Other

Comedy - Parody

Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 06:14 PM, Archawn wrote: [WINDOWS COLLECTION]

All done.

By the way, it would really help if you also did the tags.

thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 06:56 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 04:50 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 9/28/10 04:01 PM, thenewbies wrote:
At 9/28/10 03:56 PM, Jolly wrote: I'm a genre mod now.
oh god how did i get here i am not good with computer
Was your mom on your computer?

I am now a genre mod, like you.


BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 06:56 PM, thenewbies wrote:
At 9/28/10 04:50 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 9/28/10 04:01 PM, thenewbies wrote:
At 9/28/10 03:56 PM, Jolly wrote: I'm a genre mod now.
oh god how did i get here i am not good with computer
Was your mom on your computer?
I am now a genre mod, like you.

I'm not yet, c'mon Tom :(


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 07:11 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 06:35 PM, Jolly wrote: By the way, it would really help if you also did the tags.

I'll remember to do that next time. Thanks.

CommanderWalrus
CommanderWalrus
  • Member since: May. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 07:13 PM Reply

Lord of the Rings Collection:

Comedy: Parody (Tags: hobbit, lord, ring, lotr)

Puzzles - Quiz, (Tags: LotR, Lord, Rings, Millionaire.)

Also Puzzles - Quiz. (Tags: LotR, Lord, Rings, Millionaire.)

Skill - Avoid. (Tags: Lord, Rings, LotR, Mordor.)

Skill - Avoid. (Tags: Lord, Rings, LotR, Marshes)

Skill - Collect (Tags: Save, Ring, Lord, LotR)

Music Video (Tags: Mashed, Taters, Lord, Rings)

Comedy - Parody (Tags: Dub, Lord, Rings, Fellowship)

Comedy - Parody (Tags: LotR, Lord, Rings, Hobbit)

Comedy - Parody (Tags: Gollum, DrPhil, Lord, Rings)

Comedy - Parody (Tags: Smeagol, Loves, Muffins, LotR)

Comedy - Parody (Tags, Lord, Things, Rings, LotR)

Other (Tags: Stopmotion, Kitchen, Wars, Movie)

Other (Tags: Stopmotion, Kitchen, Wars, Reborn)

Music Video (Tags: Ballad, Sam, Frodo, LotR)

  • The Hobbit
    The Hobbit by numbattery

    Click to view.

    Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Music Video (Tags: Hobbit, Bilbo, Baggins, LotR)

Music Video (Tags: Hobbit, Bilbo, Baggins, LotR)

Music Video (Tags: Gollum, LotR, Rings, Lord)

Also, congrats to Jolly and TheNewbies.


[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.
lulz

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 07:15 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 07:13 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: Lord of the Rings Collection:

We can't add stuff too collections. That's Tom's job.

CommanderWalrus
CommanderWalrus
  • Member since: May. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 07:16 PM Reply

These flashes are already in the collection. I've packed up the genres right here.

I'm not pulling a Domo.

[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.
lulz

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 07:16 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: These flashes are already in the collection. I've packed up the genres right here.

I'm not pulling a Domo.

Oh, I'm use too the genres being over the flash.

I have to start over.

By the way, read Bahamut's Tagging guide. It's in the first post.

CommanderWalrus
CommanderWalrus
  • Member since: May. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 07:19 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 9/28/10 07:16 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: These flashes are already in the collection. I've packed up the genres right here.

I'm not pulling a Domo.
Oh, I'm use too the genres being over the flash.

I have to start over.

By the way, read Bahamut's Tagging guide. It's in the first post.

Bookmarked. Thanks for that, it should help.


[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.
lulz

BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 07:27 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 07:21 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: Bookmarked. Thanks for that, it should help.

Yeah, instead of Lord, rings, I put Lord of the rings.

CommanderWalrus
CommanderWalrus
  • Member since: May. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 07:46 PM Reply

I didn't include "of the" because the search auto-removes them. Could you put them in one box?


[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.
lulz

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 07:46 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: I didn't include "of the" because the search auto-removes them. Could you put them in one box?

If this is for Lord of the Rings, use the abbreviation "lotr" and don't bother with "of" or "the" in tags. These will come up with absolutely nothing if anyone is to browse those tags. Also, keep the third paragraph in mind from the Tagging wiki. Lord of the Rings is fine since you can easily abbreviate that but something like "ff" will mean several things as stated on the wiki.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

CommanderWalrus
CommanderWalrus
  • Member since: May. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 07:56 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 07:52 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 9/28/10 07:46 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: I didn't include "of the" because the search auto-removes them. Could you put them in one box?
If this is for Lord of the Rings, use the abbreviation "lotr" and don't bother with "of" or "the" in tags. These will come up with absolutely nothing if anyone is to browse those tags. Also, keep the third paragraph in mind from the Tagging wiki. Lord of the Rings is fine since you can easily abbreviate that but something like "ff" will mean several things as stated on the wiki.

Thanks for the heads up, I had most of them tagged as LotR, but when I tag future submissions and collections, I'll be sure to look out for any pitfalls.


[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.
lulz

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 07:56 PM, CommanderWalrus wrote: Thanks for the heads up, I had most of them tagged as LotR, but when I tag future submissions and collections, I'll be sure to look out for any pitfalls.

All in lowercase, mind you.

I forgot to say this before but welcome to all the latest additions to the genre modding team. It's rather rude of myself to have not greeted you guys here.


[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 09:38 PM Reply

NewGrounds is going really slow for me at times, while other sites still load normally. Anybody else?

thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 09:38 PM, Jolly wrote: NewGrounds is going really slow for me at times, while other sites still load normally. Anybody else?

No. And what would genre modship have to do with it anyway? Switch browsers or check your internet connection.


BBS Signature
Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 28th, 2010 @ 10:32 PM Reply

At 9/28/10 09:58 PM, thenewbies wrote:
At 9/28/10 09:38 PM, Jolly wrote: NewGrounds is going really slow for me at times, while other sites still load normally. Anybody else?
No. And what would genre modship have to do with it anyway? Switch browsers or check your internet connection.

Because it's taking me forever to do CW's list due to that.

Jolly
Jolly
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Programmer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 12:10 AM Reply

Updated Script:
Genre Mod Golden Aura

New Script:
Genre Mod Display

ThePigeonMaster
ThePigeonMaster
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 12:18 AM Reply

At 9/26/10 05:54 AM, reverend wrote: Sometimes when I hit submit it'll mess up and give me a blank page. Just hit the back button and re-hit submit and it'll work. I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to.

That only happens to me when I refresh the page after clicking submit

At 9/26/10 11:44 AM, EJR wrote: I have. I usually ignore it and move on because if I go back and check on them they get the genre and tags that I've added.

I do the same, but it ends annoying me a lot. Specially because most of the times, the genres and tags don't save at all.

---

Pigeon is still replying to some posts in this thread while congratulating:

Jolly - genre mod
thenewbies - genre mod

</LUL>

BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 05:37 PM Reply

HAI GENRE MODS, I am now one of you. The Genre Mod tools are pretty nifty.

EJR
EJR
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 33
Animator
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 05:44 PM Reply

Welcome, Fro and Archawn.


Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to The Genre Mod Crew Sep. 29th, 2010 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 9/29/10 05:37 PM, Archawn wrote: HAI GENRE MODS, I am now one of you. The Genre Mod tools are pretty nifty.

I agree, for some reason they aren't what I imagined. I really like the way it's set-up. Definitely user friendly for sure. Two birds with one stone now right?


BBS Signature