TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2011-07-28 14:25:31 Reply

At 7/28/11 12:42 PM, RogerBK wrote: Nice, nice. Just one (stupid) question Tom. When the redesign launches, we'll still have modding powers, right?

Nice job guys, keep it up!

You'll still have modding powers - the thing I need to make sure of is that the icon submission form will be up and running under the redesign. :P

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Audiophile
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2011-07-28 21:55:10 Reply

At 7/28/11 02:25 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/28/11 12:42 PM, RogerBK wrote: Nice, nice. Just one (stupid) question Tom. When the redesign launches, we'll still have modding powers, right?

Nice job guys, keep it up!
You'll still have modding powers - the thing I need to make sure of is that the icon submission form will be up and running under the redesign. :P

Oh God, they'll have those awesome golden aura... :'( . But anyways, I can't wait to see that redesign Tom, please, work harder :P

And you have an even more badass level icon...

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks
Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2011-07-30 23:48:05 Reply

At 7/27/11 04:29 PM, TomFulp wrote: Updated collections - those pages get retired when the redesign launches. :P

I see. I was going to suggest that it would be prudent to afford us the ability to put flashes into their designated collections, but that appears unnecessary.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2011-08-01 10:58:27 Reply

At 7/30/11 11:48 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 7/27/11 04:29 PM, TomFulp wrote: Updated collections - those pages get retired when the redesign launches. :P
I see. I was going to suggest that it would be prudent to afford us the ability to put flashes into their designated collections, but that appears unnecessary.

Collections such as "Zombies" and "AYB" will still exist - although we have long-term plans for improving those with rule-sets and tag data. The manually managed collections for games and movies are going away, though, since we now have the genre data to populate those.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2011-08-01 11:02:34 Reply

At 8/1/11 10:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: Collections such as "Zombies" and "AYB" will still exist - although we have long-term plans for improving those with rule-sets and tag data. The manually managed collections for games and movies are going away, though, since we now have the genre data to populate those.

Speaking of rule sets and tag data, if you know anything else that can be mentioned on the tagging wiki, please add it on. I think the mention of certain perspective of games such as "topdown" could be noted as well as puzzle games involving removal with "remover".

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2011-08-01 12:56:29 Reply

At 8/1/11 11:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: Speaking of rule sets and tag data, if you know anything else that can be mentioned on the tagging wiki, please add it on. I think the mention of certain perspective of games such as "topdown" could be noted as well as puzzle games involving removal with "remover".

Should I start a list underneath the current list, where it just has line-by-line suggestions for tag words covering popular themes?

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2011-08-01 12:58:39 Reply

At 8/1/11 12:56 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 8/1/11 11:02 AM, Bahamut wrote: Speaking of rule sets and tag data, if you know anything else that can be mentioned on the tagging wiki, please add it on. I think the mention of certain perspective of games such as "topdown" could be noted as well as puzzle games involving removal with "remover".
Should I start a list underneath the current list, where it just has line-by-line suggestions for tag words covering popular themes?

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Hopefully on the redesign for the game/movie submission page, there'll be a link to the tag guidelines to inform users on how they tag their submissions correctly.

Formerly Bahamut

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2011-08-01 13:37:19 Reply

I started some list of keywords for movies and games. I also went through the existing info and tried to trim out any extra wording that didn't seem necessary - something we've been trying to do all across NG with the redesign - user less words for everything. :)

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2012-02-08 05:24:01 Reply

At 8/1/11 01:37 PM, TomFulp wrote: I started some list of keywords for movies and games. I also went through the existing info and tried to trim out any extra wording that didn't seem necessary - something we've been trying to do all across NG with the redesign - user less words for everything. :)

I resuscitated this thread because It only seems proper in the wake of the redesign.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2012-02-08 09:27:14 Reply

At 4 hours ago, phrozonfire wrote: I resuscitated this thread because It only seems proper in the wake of the redesign.

The small amount of talk about tags and genres on the BBS disappoints me.

Formerly Bahamut

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2012-02-08 14:37:33 Reply

It's nice to see that us genre moddies are appreciated enough to have our own thread to communicate through now. I'll get to work when I get to my good computer.

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2012-02-08 16:39:49 Reply

Now that I can see them at a glance, it's easier to fix and/or add. I haven't put the search through its paces yet but I'm sure it's lightyears better than it was before.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2012-02-09 10:29:36 Reply

My genre mod got removed because of the random icon changes to offensive images. Can I get that back as well?

Alexander
Alexander
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to The Genre Mod Crew 2012-02-11 00:52:56 Reply

I think I can speak for us all when I say, "I'm proud to know I helped further NewGrounds to where it is today."

Great job Genre Crew, keep it up!