New Topic Respond to this Topic
Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to What offends you? Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 02:22 AM Reply

I'm offended by uptight white people so concerned with xyz being "offensive to xyz" therefore everybody must adjust accordingly when the substantial element of actual people who are offended are in actuality white people. Anyone else notice that? For any and all conceivable hypothetical things that could offend everyone who isn't white in actuality about 90% of the actual people offended are white people. Weird.

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to What offends you? Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 02:42 AM Reply

At 1/29/12 02:22 AM, Iron-Claw wrote: I'm offended by uptight white people so concerned with xyz being "offensive to xyz" therefore everybody must adjust accordingly when the substantial element of actual people who are offended are in actuality white people. Anyone else notice that? For any and all conceivable hypothetical things that could offend everyone who isn't white in actuality about 90% of the actual people offended are white people. Weird.

That bothers me too, but it's not just a strictly white phenomenon. There are plenty of black people who are oversensitive and skew just about anything into racism. I'd say it's more of an American thing than a white thing. People try to rearrange the world around them to fit their self absorbed needs. "Happy HOLIDAYS??" Excuse me I'm a Christian! It's "Merry Christmas" Or "God bless you? I'm an atheist, asshole". It's amazing that people can be so self centered that common cultural standards offend them.

*Coming from an atheist American who celebrates Christmas*

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature
The-universe
The-universe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? Jan. 29th, 2012 @ 07:20 PM Reply

There is one thing I do take massive offence to. That's people who suckle from scientific discovery and innovation at a moments breath when it suits them, or when they desperately need it. But when it conflicts with their superstitious or conspiratorial beliefs/opinions, all of a sudden science knows jack shit and it's corrupt.

One example would be not long after my girlfriend having her appendix removed. This also happened with her dad and grandmother and they were talking about how a surgery that left you with a massive hole in your gut just a few years ago is now 3 simple key hole incisions and the usual discharge time is days instead of weeks/months. We even started talking about medical innovations in general because the surgery was done in a new section of the hospital and they had displays showing some older diagnostic and treatment equipment.

But just a few weeks thereafter my girlfriend and her 'beloved' nan were discussing religion, science and ghosts. It started with science being brilliant because it can conquer appendicitis and gives them technology, but it's pointless and mundane due to the fact that the big bang is evidently wrong because god dun it, ghosts exist because a man with a video camera recorded some specks of dust and science doesn't know everything so we should put any half-baked idea into the mix until science does come up with the answer so we can woefully dismiss it. If you don't like science, fuck off to the jungle and see how long you last.

I wouldn't say it offends me, but it certainly pisses me off royally. People who take unnecessary offence (irony alert!). if I crack a joke about Jesus supported gay adoption because he had two dad's I wouldn't particularly expect a 6 hour lecture explaining that I'm wrong because the preacher said so and they're horrifically offended by my remarks. Although for many things I don't mind if people take offence, but they're usually extreme examples. Like if I lose a family member from cancer I don't expect a wave of emails from friends saying "LOL CANCER!". There are of course plenty of people who (I subjectively reckon) would meet the extreme criteria but don't take offence. But it's usually best to test the waters beforehand and see how they feel about the subject first.

It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

NHT123
NHT123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:41 AM Reply

I get offended every time a crown prosecuter in Canada gets it in their head to prosecute someone because *gasp* they defended themselves. I mean who the fuck do they think they are?

Look up Ian Thompson

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to What offends you? Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:42 PM Reply

At 2/2/12 11:41 AM, NHT123 wrote: I mean who the fuck do they think they are?

Attorneys who are bound by a duty to uphold the law.

People who make claims like this annoy me.

Globex
Globex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:51 PM Reply

Anti-racist facebook attention whore hypocrits who go "OMFG NEO NAZIS ARE SO EVIL, THEY PREACH HATRED FOR NO REASON! EVERYONE IS EQUAL AND FREEDOM IS SO VALUABLE, BUT I FUCKING HATE NEO-NAZIS AND THEY'RE NOT WORTH SHIT AND THEY SHOULDN'T SAY THINGS LIKE THE N-WORD OMG!"

MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to What offends you? Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:59 PM Reply

People who think being critical of Israel is synonymous with hating Jews...

BBS Signature
captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to What offends you? Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:13 PM Reply

anti women's rights(pro life),homophobic organizations,hipsters,neoconservatives,
christians,muslims

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to What offends you? Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 10:58 PM Reply

I find hypocrisy offensive.

What offends you?

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to What offends you? Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:22 PM Reply

At 2/2/12 10:58 PM, MrFlopz wrote: I find hypocrisy offensive.

I am offended by people who get offended.

MrFlopz
MrFlopz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to What offends you? Feb. 2nd, 2012 @ 11:25 PM Reply

At 2/2/12 11:22 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
At 2/2/12 10:58 PM, MrFlopz wrote: I find hypocrisy offensive.
I am offended by people who get offended.

Touche

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to What offends you? Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:32 AM Reply

Bigotry in general. And fundamentalism. Having your religion tarnished because of a vocal minority is offensive.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 12:47 PM Reply

feudalism, thats pretty offensive.

unless you're the king; then its awesome.

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
captainlolz
captainlolz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to What offends you? Feb. 3rd, 2012 @ 04:07 PM Reply

At 2/3/12 06:32 AM, joe9320 wrote: And fundamentalism. Having your religion tarnished because of a vocal minority is offensive.

Fundamentalism refers to a belief in a strict adherence to an established set of basic principles basically means following your religion by the book

in other words you get offended by people who ARE NOT POSING to be something their not

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

J1993
J1993
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? Feb. 4th, 2012 @ 02:36 PM Reply

At 2/2/12 12:51 PM, Globex wrote: Anti-racist facebook attention whore hypocrits who go "OMFG NEO NAZIS ARE SO EVIL, THEY PREACH HATRED FOR NO REASON! EVERYONE IS EQUAL AND FREEDOM IS SO VALUABLE, BUT I FUCKING HATE NEO-NAZIS AND THEY'RE NOT WORTH SHIT AND THEY SHOULDN'T SAY THINGS LIKE THE N-WORD OMG!"

People choose to be neo-Nazis they dont choose what race, gender sexuality etc that they are.
Also Im offended by people who defend/are neo-Nazis.

dontpanic01
dontpanic01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? Feb. 5th, 2012 @ 01:08 AM Reply

people that act like they get "it"

no you don't get it, please stop trying because you never will, just shut the fuck up and enjoy your fucking caffe latte with extra cum...I meant cream.....

yeah your welcome, have a nice go fuck yourself

apparently I'm clever enough to declare myself as a dumbass

nakedxbabe
nakedxbabe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to What offends you? Feb. 8th, 2012 @ 02:37 AM Reply

I get offended when people age generalize it's just rude.
like age doesn't matter for shit.

Myspace
Website Coming SoonPurevolume
<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature
UndamagedRook
UndamagedRook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to What offends you? Feb. 21st, 2012 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 9/17/10 07:04 PM, poxpower wrote: They say everyone gets offended by SOMETHING.

Except I can't think of anything for me. I mean, is murder offensive therefore I want it outlawed? Not really. It doesn't offend me when someone murders someone else. In fact I don't give a shit. I just want to make sure it doesn't happen to me or anyone I know.

So maybe I'm wrong on this but I don't think there is such a thing as "being offended". I think it's people who perceive certain behavior as bad for society, therefore they should be banned.

Saying "this offends me" is just something people say to bypass having to give reasons for why they want to prevent other people from doing X.
If you want to prevent others from saying or doing something, you better have a damn good reason.

Wish to know what offends me most? Fascism.

Discrimination and violence against another human being for being racially different, religiously different, sexually, mentally, in fact the word explains it all. If someone hates someone because of how different they are, in any possible way, then it's just goes to show that they are intollerant and disgusting.

It also get's people killed, it puts people in fear, in some cases gives people the option to stand up against the abuse. I support those who stand against fascism as I do the same. We are all human beings here and we all have a soul, in a way that makes us the same.I don't care how people look or how they act, how they dress, how they worship or anything, they are still human beings and I respect every different person of any background!

Now you know what offends me. Thanks for reading and I hope you understand.

pointPi
pointPi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to What offends you? Feb. 28th, 2012 @ 02:47 PM Reply

I always want to do something good, assuring myself that I'm leaving a positive mark upon society, civilization and mankind. I want to elevate the world. So I don't really appreciate when people call me an idiot or scumbag. That would mean I'm leaving a negative mark upon them, something I don't want to do.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything that I know should turn me into an emotional wreck. That's because responding to negative emotions with even more negative emotions is just going to make things worse. So instead of screaming back, I try to respond with an as calm and friendly attitude as possible, while providing the conflict with the correct information.

I try to treat others as I want them to treat me. Not because others told me to, but because it makes sense. In short, neither offended or offensive is something good to be. Peace.

PERCEPTION OVER JUDGEMENT

HolyKonni
HolyKonni
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 11:47 AM Reply

People should get less offended about things. And I'm especially talking about religion.

BBS Signature
dude23
dude23
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 11:51 AM Reply

what's your point

FuckSandwich
FuckSandwich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to What offends you? Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 01:54 PM Reply

At 9/17/10 07:04 PM, poxpower wrote: They say everyone gets offended by SOMETHING.

Except I can't think of anything for me.

It's easy to pretend that something doesn't offend you, but you can't honestly say that something someone has said to/about you hasn't made you feel like shit, can you? If you can, there's something wrong.

streetbob
streetbob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to What offends you? Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 06:50 PM Reply

I'm offended by minorites who get offended. No joke, if I see a black guy, latino, etc, get upset, I start yelling. Because they have shit PLACED in their favor now a days. A young black female could get into college LIKE THAT. If you had a white male and a black male or female, with the same grades, same everything, the white guy would be out of luck. I'm sick of minorities getting programs and shit, when it was the people before them who were getting screwed over.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 09:12 PM Reply

At 12 days ago, streetbob wrote: I'm offended by minorites who get offended. No joke, if I see a black guy, latino, etc, get upset, I start yelling. Because they have shit PLACED in their favor now a days. A young black female could get into college LIKE THAT. If you had a white male and a black male or female, with the same grades, same everything, the white guy would be out of luck. I'm sick of minorities getting programs and shit, when it was the people before them who were getting screwed over.

Yes, in a country run almost exclusively by white heterosexual cis males (assuming you live anywhere in the western world, which, seeing as you're posting about black and hispanic minorities must be the case) things are OBVIOUSLY rigged in favor of ethnic minorities. The same minorities that consist of mostly people living below the poverty line.

So you're basically saying poor people run things (or a rather small percentage of minorities who would be considered middle class). How have I not realized this before!

The quote I posted offends me, barring the fact that it might be some Andy Kaufmann level performance art posting.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to What offends you? May. 20th, 2012 @ 07:52 AM Reply

I am offended by stupid people who either can't themselves tell the difference with what is clearly photo fakery and think it's real and feel obliged to shove in down the throats of myself and others and if your smart enough you can tell that it is indeed a fake or stupid people who confuse so blatantly The Real McCoy from photo fakery and they themselves have no experience whatsoever in photography or graphic art so what is it that qualifies them? NOTHING! FUCK 'EM ALL!

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
morefngdbs
morefngdbs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Art Lover
Response to What offends you? May. 20th, 2012 @ 10:02 AM Reply

Fake tits !

That anyone would even be allowed to insert/inject silicone or other materials into another persons body to (so called) inhance their titties !
THere ought to be a law against that shit !! !! ! !

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

CaptainCornhole
CaptainCornhole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? May. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:01 AM Reply

I can't really think of anything I'm offended by.

What ever happened to tolerance by the way? Why do some people have to be butt-hurt by the slightest things? Rhetorical question don't answer that.

Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to What offends you? May. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:45 AM Reply

At 5/23/12 11:01 AM, CaptainCornhole wrote: I can't really think of anything I'm offended by.

Liar.

EisUndStahl
EisUndStahl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? May. 24th, 2012 @ 03:33 AM Reply

Hippies and Clowns.

Hippies are Smelly, STD infected, Panzies.

Clowns are scary and evil.

Spackled
Spackled
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to What offends you? May. 24th, 2012 @ 07:20 PM Reply

Maroon 5

Fuck those faggoty cunts.

My profile page!
"Newgrounds teaches girls about the very kind of guys that they should be avoiding."
- Gagsy