Be a Supporter!

Thoughts on the Tea Party?

  • 2,339 Views
  • 62 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 18th, 2010 @ 10:32 PM Reply

At 9/18/10 10:29 PM, SadisticMonkey wrote:
Spending TRILLIONS of dollars invading other countries which makes America less safe = not crazy at all

We need to get rid of all these neocons...

honestly though you're pretty much the worst person

lol


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Member since: May. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 19th, 2010 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 9/18/10 09:28 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: 1. from the start, there were about as many liberals in the tea party as there were conservatives in fucking PETA, don't kid yourself.

It is silly because the original act that defined the original protests was thought up by a Democrat, but it was used against the utilities: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/articl e/0,9171,1541281,00.html (2006)

As far as it being a "conservative" ideology, that is a complete myth. Granted I'm having a hard time finding the article I read years ago about the north east tea party in the middle of the woods. There have been too many articles since, and I don't remember who published it.

Libertarians don't usually identify with either party, feel free to ask them. They are on the site. They generally hate both political parties. And as far as social conservatism, my god, don't go there with them. So, at the very least we are both wrong as I can't find my article, but I can live with that.

2. everyone knows the tea party has always been a conservative/libertarian movement.

lol, no

yet you have yet to explain why that's a bad thing.

I didn't say it is a bad thing. I said that since the party has grown it's levels of uninformed participants has as well, and that that group of people is easily swayed by media pundits who have lied on multiple occasions to win points, who have displayed an ignorance of the issues over time, and who have a political agenda that has nothing to do with tea party (beck, palin, & williams).

3. "went out into the woods and drank tea"... do i need to explain why this is absolutely retarded?

Please, don't tax yourself. :D :D :D :D

Get it? Tax yourself!

actually, it was (unofficially) started by ron paul, it had nothing to do with war, there was a separate movement for that already.

If you think it had nothing to do with war, then you don't know anything about Ron Paul. I'm a liberal and I still know one of the first things Ron Paul would do (if granted the power) is pull all of the armed forces out of anywhere that isn't the U.S.A.

1. liberals were never there to begin with, moderates didn't go anywhere, and it was founded in 2009, right before bush left office.

I see links as far back as 2006 there buddy. I think self described moderates aren't always moderates, since people like to place themselves as near the center as they can. As far as liberals, where do you think libertarians come from? Oh, classical liberals. And did you know there are left & right wing & moderate libertarians? Probably not.

2. you're just looking for any excuse to use the word "neocon".

Lol, no I'm really not. Beck wanted to restore america's honor by returning america to god. That is a neocon idea.

and the dems didn't do the same thing with the anti-war movement?

I know plenty of republicans that didn't like the war. And plenty of libertarians (oh all of them) that didn't like the war. And as far as I can see, democrats still some war hawks in congress. This isn't about dems though, so try not to go off topic.

using the Janeane Garofalo argument, I see.

Have you ever actually looked at the content of William's speaches? Go look.

And Beck certainly likes the fear & telling people what to do.

A bit about Beck 4:45 etc.

simply calling someone racist is NOT making a valid point. rather, it is the exact fucking opposite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48iRQQG-5 dM

I agree.

well, you're doing a FINE job of breaking that stereotype, aren't you?

Nah, I don't mind the libertarians. I disagree with them on some levels, but they don't scare me. And sure, I agree with them on others. The military could be reduced. The fed could be looked at closer. Taxes should probably reduced where waste can be proven. I just don't take it as far.

you're really sticking by that egregious inaccuracy, aren't you?

I wish I could, I just can't find that article.

you openly used the word "cult" to describe someone who simply disagrees with you, yet you STILL don't see how that's an insult?

People following a leader who has alternate motives. Beck, Williams & Palin. Yes I do.

yeah, because it couldn't have anything to do with the bailouts, or the election in 2012, could it?

The bail outs yes, the 2012 election was the beginning of the high jack if you are referencing Obama over McCain, instead of Ron Paul winning.

why do you liberals always use fox news as a scapegoat? you never give any reasoning apart from "0h, d3y disagr33 w1f m3 s0 d3y must b 33vul, r3v0k3 d31r 1st am3ndm3nt rit3z & tak3 d3m awff da air n@0 & r3plac3 d3m w1f sum1 unbiast li3k k33f 0bermin."

Because Fox News has demonstrated itself to be a right wing biased source of entertainment that finances right wing groups and sues democratic candidates.

FIXED!!!

Conspiracies rarely use real paper trails. There's more out there, and its generally not from crazy people.

you STILL don't see how this is generalizing?

I'm using a wide paint brush, sure. It still seems pretty accurate.

Anyway, it would be wrong of me to claim these things without some basis, so here you go:
http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/18/tea-par ty-ignorant-taxes-opinions-columnists-br uce-bartlett.html
so they interviewed one sixth of one very small protest?

Its funny because when polls are taken that constitute less than 1% of the american public they are generally given more credence than what you are giving this.

And you are welcome to do more research on your own.
Gladly!

Lol, we're all out here: "democrats" "republicans" & "independents"

I could easily pull statistics here about how many attendants were actually black, but whatever. The point was not that the entire movement was racist, the point I made was that the "leaders" who have high jacked the movement are in some cases racist and use racist language to provoke their followers. (beck & williams)

I'll see your two links,

and I'll even raise you one.

You missed that whole multitude of opinions didn't you? I can go get 5 links with white people saying racist things or bigoted things, and some of those things will be about black people and most of them about Muslims. But that wasn't the point.


Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
LordZeebmork
LordZeebmork
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Audiophile
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 19th, 2010 @ 12:47 PM Reply

I supported the Tea Party until it turned into a neocon circlejerk. I don't just oppose higher taxes; I want lower taxes. Social Security is going to run the country to hell if nothing is done about it, the public school system is failing, the defense budget is absurd, and the time when the Tea Party gave a damn about any of that has passed.

At 9/18/10 08:59 PM, Chris-V2 wrote: Also, there's the question of who is leading this group. I'm all for anarchist and anti-authoritarian movements, but I can't exactly see this group fitting in that political genre. If there is a leader, why is that not made public? And if there is not a leader then how exactly are they operating?

Oh come on. You're on the internet; you should know that groups don't need leaders to be organized. How does 4chan operate?


wolf piss

CaptSC
CaptSC
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 01:19 AM Reply

Kinda sad that this website is made up of a bunch of liberal, generalizing, know-nothings. Oh well, I do get some cool songs from the Audio Portal.

ThePretenders
ThePretenders
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 11:26 AM Reply

Teabaggers are a bunch of reactionary idiots who want to return America to the "good old days" of bigotry and Christian superstition. These people are not 'freedom lovers' or whatever and personally I would like to see them crushed by riot police.

Thoughts on the Tea Party?


BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 03:28 PM Reply

At 9/19/10 12:47 PM, LordZeebmork wrote: Oh come on. You're on the internet; you should know that groups don't need leaders to be organized. How does 4chan operate?

The problem with that analogy is that 4chan has to have SOMEBODY paying for that space, or the servers it runs on, or whatever. I'm not entirely sure of the 4chan setup whether it's hosted somewhere, or it's on independent servers but I'm betting somebody somewhere is putting some money into it and if they're putting money into it, they must have some interest.

Maybe "leader" or "leaders" is the wrong word. Because it looks more like to me those that seem to be trying to get something from it (Beck and Palin especially) aren't looking to lead it, they're more looking to steer it towards their goals and ideals without being identified as in charge of it so that if this leaderless blob becomes TOO anathema or embarrassing to their political causes (not saying it will, but it could) they can try to quickly cut bait and go "oh I supported that...up until they did or said X"


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 9/20/10 11:26 AM, ThePretenders wrote: Teabaggers are a bunch of reactionary idiots who want to return America to the "good old days" of bigotry and Christian superstition. These people are not 'freedom lovers' or whatever and personally I would like to see them crushed by riot police.

typical liberal. "I don't like what they're saying, so someone should silence them!"

no wonder the libs are scared of the tea party, it wouldn't do for them to gain any momentum at all, that would harm the demagogue party.

if the news networks, liberal politicians, etc, are all slamming them, they must be afraid something might happen, or else it would receive no attention at all.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Member since: May. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 09:05 PM Reply

At 9/20/10 03:28 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 9/19/10 12:47 PM, LordZeebmork wrote: Oh come on. You're on the internet; you should know that groups don't need leaders to be organized. How does 4chan operate?
The problem with that analogy is that 4chan has to have SOMEBODY paying for that space, or the servers it runs on, or whatever. I'm not entirely sure of the 4chan setup whether it's hosted somewhere, or it's on independent servers but I'm betting somebody somewhere is putting some money into it and if they're putting money into it, they must have some interest.

The guy's handle is m00t and unless I'm mistaken he's a college student in new york. And its not too bad of an analogy because neither group presents a united front. There are really loud people and there are quiet people who believe and do completely different things than what the leader or vocal majority would have you think. And anyway, m00t isn't so much the leader as the guy who steps in and anonymously deletes shit with the help of other anonymous mods.

Zeebmork is wrong to assume their is a unified position that presents a strong will in either group. And your wrong avie to assume they need a leader to exert some sort of mob mentality when they have such excellent shepherds. Oh wait, there's you next paragraph. :P I'm seeing that as I type this.

Maybe "leader" or "leaders" is the wrong word. Because it looks more like to me those that seem to be trying to get something from it (Beck and Palin especially) aren't looking to lead it, they're more looking to steer it towards their goals and ideals without being identified as in charge of it so that if this leaderless blob becomes TOO anathema or embarrassing to their political causes (not saying it will, but it could) they can try to quickly cut bait and go "oh I supported that...up until they did or said X"

Beck will be able to pull that off. If palin loses this group all she has left is soccer moms & the Christian right. She'll be pretty much out of it except for the occasional shadow book & pundit appearance.


Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 20th, 2010 @ 10:23 PM Reply

Meh, I don't see Palin as a very serious candidate anyway personally. At this point I think she'd run almost because she figures she HAS to to hang onto the little cottage industry she's created. But I think if she actually managed to get into office she might be the first presidential suicide :)

Of course I could be wrong, but the vibe I get from her is she's one of those folks that has more fun being (and profiting) from being an agitator vs. being in a position to actually do something at a major level.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
joe9320
joe9320
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 01:48 AM Reply

At 9/17/10 08:53 AM, Leap wrote: Bases purely on second hand accounts, youtube and the odd bit of surfing?

Right wing cunts with a confused and woolly ideology, fragmented sense of political direction and a sprinkling of fundamentalists christianity for good measure.

For God's sake, fundamentalist Christians=terrorists! They're the Taliban of the USA! They give Catholics and Christians like me a bad name, and no, I don't like the Tea Party because they hate Catholics!


I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 02:10 AM Reply

At 9/20/10 11:26 AM, ThePretenders wrote: and personally I would like to see them crushed by riot police.

Free speech!

...except when people disagree with me....


BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 02:36 AM Reply

At 9/21/10 01:48 AM, joe9320 wrote:

For God's sake, fundamentalist Christians=terrorists! They're the Taliban of the USA! They give Catholics and Christians like me a bad name, and no, I don't like the Tea Party because they hate Catholics!

I'm not trying to defend Fundamentalist Christians in anyway, but how on earth could they logically be compared to the Taliban? And since when did the Tea Party hate Catholics?


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 10:51 AM Reply

I think it will be the leaderless mass form the ends up being the Tea Party's demise.

The fact that there is no leader to censor what the Tea Party claims it is about has led to many semi-official stances that already or will turn off the moderate voters, who realize that sometimes, doing nothing is better than doing wrong.

For the Tea Party to truly succeed, it needs to be shaken down by a stiff leader who is very willing to tell the riff-raff to sit down and shut up. that way pro-Christianity, anti-Islam sentiment doesn't become an official stance of the tea Party through acquiescence.

conservative23
conservative23
  • Member since: Jul. 10, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 03:42 PM Reply

At 9/18/10 01:49 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 9/17/10 11:58 PM, conservative23 wrote: But liberals do what they do best, name call.
Irony is delicious at this time of the night, mmm mmm.

insulting conservatives by calling them "rednecks" is fine? But when I retaliate by doing the same thing, it is wrong?

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 04:19 PM Reply

At 9/21/10 03:42 PM, conservative23 wrote:
At 9/18/10 01:49 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 9/17/10 11:58 PM, conservative23 wrote:
insulting conservatives by calling them "rednecks" is fine?

Name-calling is never fine.

But when I retaliate by doing the same thing, it is wrong?

It's not wrong, just ironic.

SmilezRoyale
SmilezRoyale
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 05:50 PM Reply

Back after a break from Newgrounds. If someone responded to a post i made before that break and I didn't respond to it, please let me know.

Right

1) Most Americans are largely ignorant about what the government spends it's money on. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure Americans think the largest parts of the federal budget is foreign aid and welfare, when the majority of It is entitlements and "Defense" [War]

Of course this knowledge, if we are to grant that "The Tea party" stands for fiscal responsibility (I was going to write conservatism but that would be a misnomer), tends to work in the Tea Party's favor rather than against it. (Even if members of "The Tea Party" are part of this demographic as well) How can anyone argue that the electorate keeps the government's expenditures meaningful and useful

It's not entirely different as some people on this forum [who i will not name] Who think a valid argument in defense of the federal income tax is that we need the money for education and roads. [[This argument might be valid in the case of other countries but hardly valid in the case of the US]]

2) And "Democracy" Pushers need to admit that their system is simply a cry for enlightened Oligarchy masked by the veneer of public approval, where the former element is essential whereas the latter element is preferred but entirely optional. It's not Democracy as it's explained in theory.

3) I hate to feel obligated to have to defend the Tea Party in order to defend a position advocating a more reasonably limited federal budget. I shouldn't have to, so i won't: Fuck the Tea party.

((Rand Paul is a relatively decent politician though. ))


On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 21st, 2010 @ 05:54 PM Reply

At 9/21/10 03:42 PM, conservative23 wrote: insulting conservatives by calling them "rednecks" is fine?

Nope. Because not every conservative is a redneck. It is indeed wrong sir, we are agreed.

But when I retaliate by doing the same thing, it is wrong?

Yep. Two wrongs do not make a right is the short version. The longer version is you can't bitch about people casting aspersions and name calling and claim the moral high ground by then going and doing the exact same thing. You lose the moral high ground and the position of being in the right when you stoop to doing the same thing you're railing against.

I learned that when I was like 5.


You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
SmilezRoyale
SmilezRoyale
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 12:49 AM Reply

At 9/21/10 02:10 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote:
At 9/20/10 11:26 AM, ThePretenders wrote: and personally I would like to see them crushed by riot police.
Free speech!

...except when people disagree with me....

Hell, i admire his honesty. His violent and totalitarian philosophy isn't inconsistent with his subjective sense of right and wrong because he believes both in explicit and implicit violence.


On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

JordanD
JordanD
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Artist
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 02:18 AM Reply

Here's my thoughts on the tea party... Why are people taking them seriously when this is how they think.

TDwizBang
TDwizBang
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 12:30 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 02:18 AM, JordanD wrote: Here's my thoughts on the tea party... Why are people taking them seriously when this is how they think.

setting the video aside, the reason why they are taken seriously is because the majority of the men are veterans, they carry a constitution in the left breast pocket and are willing to fight and die to uphold it...

the video does have many idiots willing to look foolish BUT at the same time it is the largest active protest group in the country and i would say that my educated guess is that 75% of the people who follow the "movement" are still at home unable to afford the trips to DC or time off from work...

let it be known i am not a part of the Tea Party but i understand why they are angry but it is sad that they looked towards a TV personality and openly let the movement turn from non-partisan to Republican tools... also if you people really have a problem with these crowds it isnt against the law to organize a protest of your own... actually bitching about it on the internet apposed to bitching to there faces is useless... get active or shut up...

to be honest the only thing that is cut and dry about a large group of angry people is that something is wrong in this country... united we stand, divided we fall...

cam155
cam155
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:45 PM Reply

really they are just major extremests like the al queda . i think they are just a bunch of jokes but they are also very dangerous because i heard that some tea party people have threatened to kill obama because they think he is a terrorist.


Bishop

cam155
cam155
  • Member since: Jul. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:49 PM Reply

they are extremists and shouldn't be brain washing their kids into believing that stuff.


Bishop

butsbutsbutsbutsbuts
butsbutsbutsbutsbuts
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:12 PM Reply

I've only heard about them from all the leftists whining about them, but after looking it up it seems there isn't anything hugely wrong with them.


I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything. Way didnt sye pik cell it is a good fighter!howwouldImake a thingmovewiththearrowsorsomething

Spackled
Spackled
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 22nd, 2010 @ 10:20 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 05:12 PM, butsbutsbutsbutsbuts wrote: I've only heard about them from all the leftists whining about them, but after looking it up it seems there isn't anything hugely wrong with them.

LEIK OMG UR A RACIST RITE WING DUMM TEABAGGER....AND AND FAUX NOISE.....AND GLENN BECK.......STOOPID RITE WING REPUBLICAN TEABAGGER!!!1!11!!


My profile page!
"Newgrounds teaches girls about the very kind of guys that they should be avoiding."
- Gagsy

TDwizBang
TDwizBang
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 9/22/10 05:12 PM, butsbutsbutsbutsbuts wrote: I've only heard about them from all the leftists whining about them, but after looking it up it seems there isn't anything hugely wrong with them.

i agree that there isnt anything really wrong with them... you gotta admit though that it seems like the whole argument seems to be uninformed people bitching about uninformed people...

looking back at all the other posts on this thread i notice almost everyone acts like they, the Tea Party, are the devil but nobody has given any solid facts as to why they dislike the group... i think its sad that so many people from both sides say the other is wrong without knowing why they think they are wrong (mostly)

the fact of the matter is that both sides say the other is wrong and they both agree there is a problem that needs fixed yet old habits die hard and they look to the two party system fueled by the mass media that fails them all the while ignoring the fact that other options outside of left and right exist...

yes Bush sucked but at the same time Obama is running his administration just as poorly... but i guess it takes 8 years to come to that conclusion (4 if you think that Bush won his second term on ill gains)

in closing, free your mind from the constraints of what others tell you is right and decide for yourselves with investigation and independent thought, otherwise your just another ignorant asshole being played as the tool getting stumped on simple questions for the world to see on YouTube... embrace the digital age and step outside the bonds of mental slavery, or be an ignorant asshole tool... your choice

torsozombie
torsozombie
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:36 PM Reply

There's a stigma on the phrase "republican party," so certain groups are trying to avoid that by calling themselves something else. That's it.

butsbutsbutsbutsbuts
butsbutsbutsbutsbuts
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 24th, 2010 @ 06:55 AM Reply

At 9/23/10 01:13 PM, TDwizBang wrote: in closing, free your mind from the constraints of what others tell you is right and decide for yourselves with investigation and independent thought, otherwise your just another ignorant asshole being played as the tool getting stumped on simple questions for the world to see on YouTube... embrace the digital age and step outside the bonds of mental slavery, or be an ignorant asshole tool... your choice

I'm sure technology will have an impact like movable type but there are going to be other problems in the future as well, especially resource depletion, and as people get poorer they get more desperate and easy to manipulate, so we may not be prepared for a fruity utopia just yet.


I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything. Way didnt sye pik cell it is a good fighter!howwouldImake a thingmovewiththearrowsorsomething

Ranger2
Ranger2
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 25th, 2010 @ 10:26 PM Reply

First off it's anything but Populist.

I like the idea for it-people going together to peacefully protest the government's actions. They are exercising their freedoms, and frankly, I think it reveals some of the beauties of the American government, than anywhere people can, as long as they're not hurting anyone, say, "I don't like what the government's doing!" It's not in every country you can do that.
Hell, I even agree with some of their opinions, but the problem is that it's becoming infected with stupid people who aren't educated. I don't like what the government's doing, but that's because I have my own thought-out opinions, not emotions.

Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 02:20 PM Reply

If I know correctly, the tea party is an American political party that is really, really, so right winged that the right winged politicians look like pussies?
I also heard they are really old and want to make life like the "old days".


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Member since: Jul. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Thoughts on the Tea Party? Sep. 27th, 2010 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 9/27/10 02:20 PM, FurryDemon wrote: If I know correctly, the tea party is an American political party that is really, really, so right winged that the right winged politicians look like pussies?
I also heard they are really old and want to make life like the "old days".

They're more libertarian than right winged i believe, but as far as them being old, i'd have to agree with you they all look at least middle aged