00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010

25,679 Views | 404 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:37:04

At 10/7/10 01:30 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: Since Steph is almost done his reviews but taking a while doing so, how about we start the round 2 thread, post all the reviews the other judges make, and let Steph post the final reviews, results, and matchups?

Time to vote! Say I if you're in agreement!

I

Lol man you really cant do that. Steph posts a tonne of stuff along with the post and its best if we post all at the same time. So please DONT make a new thread yet. We're sorry for inconveniece but we had no choice...

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:38:17

At 10/7/10 01:30 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: Since Steph is almost done his reviews but taking a while doing so, how about we start the round 2 thread, post all the reviews the other judges make, and let Steph post the final reviews, results, and matchups?

I

The thing is, that's my job, not Darklight's. His is to send PM's, mine is to make the results and all the new threads.

Anyway, doing my homework now. When I finish it I'll finish the reviews, do the results, and make sure that next time I don't delay.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:38:36

Yeah, let's let Supersteph make the thread. He's good at making official looking Original Posts, and that keeps everything tidier.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:40:14

Those are good points indeed, but my logic is that we can start the round 2 thread with just the reviews, no one is going to know who made it or not until steph posts his reviews and from there he can post the standings for the round.

I just really want to post my reviews in the new thread. And I know you guys are dying with anticipation.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:43:07

At 10/7/10 01:38 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:

I
The thing is, that's my job, not Darklight's. His is to send PM's, mine is to make the results and all the new threads.

Anyway, doing my homework now. When I finish it I'll finish the reviews, do the results, and make sure that next time I don't delay.

You're not serious are you?

Homework? Today you decide to do it?

Not to rush you or anything, but hurry up! :P

Jeez who are you, Darklight or something?
Just kidding Darklight :P

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:43:39

My-my... someone's is indeed growing impatient. LOL

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:46:25

At 10/7/10 01:43 PM, brokendeck wrote: My-my... someone's is indeed growing impatient. LOL

We've waited 2 extra days, what's another few hours.... It will be just a few hours, right?

Please say it is
Also I won't argue further with the release of the new thread, Steph can make it. I was just offering a suggestion.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:51:01

At 10/7/10 01:43 PM, borntodj167 wrote: Homework? Today you decide to do it?

I lolled at your link.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:54:14

At 10/7/10 01:51 PM, TheBenjerman wrote:
At 10/7/10 01:43 PM, borntodj167 wrote: Homework? Today you decide to do it?

I lolled at your link.

Thank you, I try :P

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:55:56

Doing homework on time is so 1997.

I just do mine in the shower before going to school.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 13:59:10

Im really confused..

have winners been announced?

IMA KONQUER THE WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 14:02:38

At 10/7/10 01:59 PM, CKC2009 wrote: Im really confused..

No.

We're just waiting for Steph to finish his reviews and announce the winners.

No rush or anything.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 14:04:09

At 10/7/10 01:59 PM, CKC2009 wrote: Im really confused..

They're about to be once I finish my computer studies assignment.

Darklight'll PM everyone when they're out.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 14:20:01

holy shit you guys are as impatient as 8 year olds. I mean I check the forum for results every day too but it really doesn't matter if the results are a few days late. Get some perspective

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 14:31:33

At 10/7/10 02:20 PM, SBB wrote: holy shit you guys are as impatient as 8 year olds. I mean I check the forum for results every day too but it really doesn't matter if the results are a few days late. Get some perspective

Says SBB ^^
Dude, you're not impatient cuz you have a very good song, not saying that your competitor doesn't, but it's a very close shave, in my case, I'm very sure I'll lose so I wanna get it over with...

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 15:17:07

At 10/7/10 03:09 PM, Chronamut wrote: think of it this way - hor fair is it to have everyone that submits a song adhere to a deadline, but then the people that judge it don't all adhere to theirs?

Just saying.

I'm sorry, but I can't do otherwise. I can't control when I'm sick or not or how much homework I get.

But I apologise for the massive inconvenience. I'll try and avoid being late next time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 15:22:32

At 10/7/10 03:17 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: I'm sorry, but I can't do otherwise. I can't control when I'm sick or not or how much homework I get.

But I apologise for the massive inconvenience. I'll try and avoid being late next time.

I can't control when my internet bails on me

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 15:28:10

At 10/7/10 03:09 PM, Chronamut wrote: think of it this way - hor fair is it to have everyone that submits a song adhere to a deadline, but then the people that judge it don't all adhere to theirs?

Just saying.

Sounds a lot like real life. Just because you are on time doesn't mean everyone is. Even people who expect you to be on time and would fire you if you weren't. Clients aren't always perfect, but expect perfection.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 15:38:56

At 10/7/10 03:22 PM, Mussirus wrote: I can't control when my internet bails on me

Aw crap, can't believe I forgot about you.

Anyway, he's right, and I think it's fair to judge his and Skela's, but that would mean delaying one more day since each judge has to judge two more submissions.

I've finished typing all my reviews so I can do the results right after I finish off my homework, or you guys can wait till tomorrow and we judge Skela's and Mussirus's.

What do you say?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 15:47:56

I say we let in Mussurius and Skeela. If you have the tenacity to be late, then we should let the late submissions in as well, just to be fair. Also, you wouldn't be putting your foot in your own mouth when you're talking about deadlines. Fair enough?

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 16:03:36

At 10/7/10 03:47 PM, brokendeck wrote: I say we let in Mussurius and Skeela. If you have the tenacity to be late, then we should let the late submissions in as well, just to be fair. Also, you wouldn't be putting your foot in your own mouth when you're talking about deadlines. Fair enough?

I submitted a song in time.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 16:07:23

At 10/7/10 03:46 PM, Chronamut wrote: why dont you just send your results to one of the other judges and have them post them?

Because I don't want to put extra responsibility on the other judges. That, and it's too much hassle when I already know what to do and I've done it 8 times before.

or just post them now - you seem to be posting enough in here ANYWAYS so homework can't be taking up TOO much of your time..

I'm only checking this thread occasionally. I haven't stopped working for a second all day.

But man, what's the rush? If people end up voting for Skela and Mussirus to be judged as well to give Mussirus a fair chance, then you'll have to wait another day anyway.

Back to work.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 16:16:23

since we did wait long enough and we still are waiting, I'm going about to judge Skela's and Mussirus' songs.
The reviews will be on your guys' songs shortly.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 16:22:08

Well if you're already finished with everything except the unreviewed songs, then why not just post what you have and add int he others when the reviewers are finished. It's not like it has to all be in one post.

honestly, I don't mind waiting, but you seem to have a lot of impatient people here :P

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 17:09:23

Ok, seriously, I am really getting pissed on how everyone is getting so pissed about the judging delays. I mean for christ sake guys, its a freindly competition. theres no point in spreading the hate. its supposed to be for FUN! Seriously guys, if you really think you can do a better job than these gods/judges, why dont you just go make your own fucking ginormous competition of doom and destruction. Geese

P.S.: but yeah guys, you should of saw this comming kinda... 4 days to review 32 songs... ehhh...

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 17:29:06

I don't stress, because I'm already in round 2! :3

Also, I've started on my new song and am halfway done already... Everyone should take this time to start a new song, whether they'll make it in or not. It's in everyone's best interest to get a head start.

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 17:40:33

At 10/7/10 05:09 PM, aliaspharow wrote:
P.S.: but yeah guys, you should of saw this comming kinda... 4 days to review 32 songs... ehhh...

Considering it's 1 guy who is causing the delay it probably do-able by the average joe. Juss sayin :P

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 18:00:00

At 10/7/10 05:29 PM, Spikrodd wrote: Also, I've started on my new song and am halfway done already... Everyone should take this time to start a new song, whether they'll make it in or not. It's in everyone's best interest to get a head start.

And even if you don't make it, it's still a song to submit to the audio portal!

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 18:03:17

At 10/7/10 05:09 PM, aliaspharow wrote: Ok, seriously, I am really getting pissed on how everyone is getting so pissed about the judging delays. I mean for christ sake guys, its a freindly competition. theres no point in spreading the hate. its supposed to be for FUN! Seriously guys, if you really think you can do a better job than these gods/judges, why dont you just go make your own fucking ginormous competition of doom and destruction. Geese

^^^
This

And besides that, the majority of us have seen a normal supersteph review, he obviously pits more thought and effort into his reviews that a good majority of the people on this site. Calm down, you guys are being more paranoid than I am about my mixing abilities lol

Response to The Ng Audio Deathmatch 2010 2010-10-07 18:09:24

At 10/7/10 05:40 PM, AMP wrote: Considering it's 1 guy who is causing the delay it probably do-able by the average joe. Juss sayin :P

Yeah but I made detailed reviews for the competition, admittedly more detailed than I should have. I might have to shorten them a bit for the next round if I want to make the deadline, which is now one day less. D:

And I'm done for today since it's 10 past midnight here - I think we've reached an agreement that we should review Mussirus and Skela despite Mussirus posting a few days late because of his internet connection. We'll review them tomorrow and get the results ready in a new thread entitled "NGADM '10 Round 2 Results".

brokendeck and LogicalDefiance have been PM'd about this, Pure-Metal-UTA hasn't been since apparently he finished them already :P, and I'll tell Darklight17 tomorrow at school. Hopefully everyone'll have them done by tomorrow evening.

And thanks for the support :3.

BBS Signature