Marklikeart
Marklikeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Need some criticism. Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 10:09 PM Reply

At 9/1/12 09:23 PM, Tomsan wrote:
At 9/1/12 09:12 PM, Marklikeart wrote: For some reason the pic gets smushed together. But well im trying to draw, AGAIN. So before i continue this time, what do i need to change. It dosent need to be perfect just some hints and tips so that i dont start crying when i get to close the finish!

peace & war
the upper body is in comparison to large (way to large) for the legs. (less lenghtwise then width)

his breast muscles are to large

his neck muscles are insane, but thats probably intentional

also it looks like he has to take a poop

I drew some monster/ogre fantasy frame first to follow so i think thats the reason the legs are kinda tiny so i'll try and fix that.
I was trying to make him as beefy as possible so thats why his breasts and neck is so huge, but i dunno. I kina like his breasts the way they are. Makes him look strong and dangerous.

And i can agree that he looks kinda clinched. I dont know if thats beucase the pic got smushed or if his shoulders are to high. But i'll continue anyway with fixing some errors. Right now im trying to learn some basic anatomy before i start drawing some moore cartoony stuff.

/Marq

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Need some criticism. Sep. 1st, 2012 @ 11:28 PM Reply

At 9/1/12 10:09 PM, Marklikeart wrote: And i can agree that he looks kinda clinched. I dont know if thats beucase the pic got smushed or if his shoulders are to high. But i'll continue anyway with fixing some errors. Right now im trying to learn some basic anatomy before i start drawing some moore cartoony stuff.

/Marq

Saw this on dA today, faved, and now I've found some way to apply it. Huzzah.
Just some muscular guy names Alex posing for your viewing (read: drawing) pleasure. Have at him.

Doesn't look like you have been using a reference. You totes should. Use many.
Marklikeart
Marklikeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Need some criticism. Jan. 26th, 2013 @ 03:49 PM Reply

Ok so im back again, trying to get my stuff together. Think i got something going here. Any thoughts ?
Some anatomy fails i guess, havent drawn anything in ages and for that i feel bad.

Need some criticism.

maficmelody
maficmelody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Animator
Response to Need some criticism. Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 12:32 AM Reply

Nice viking. I would definitely consider building a stronger silhouette outline to bump his features and awesome riveted helmet.

At 1/26/13 03:49 PM, Marklikeart wrote: Ok so im back again, trying to get my stuff together. Think i got something going here. Any thoughts ?
Some anatomy fails i guess, havent drawn anything in ages and for that i feel bad.

Need some criticism.

Marklikeart
Marklikeart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Need some criticism. Jan. 27th, 2013 @ 06:34 AM Reply

Yeah, his helmet are kinda slicked against his head, but it has never gone this good for me before x) so im gonna try and finish this and take with me what i have learnt on this one to the next