New Topic Respond to this Topic
YourShadowedDestiny
YourShadowedDestiny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
windows live movie maker Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 01:47 PM Reply

Really, are they accepible? I am making a new series and I want to make it on that program. Flash maker requires an account

Why are the news stories repeated? Can't they be calles Olds???

PBass
PBass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to windows live movie maker Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 02:29 PM Reply

Windows Movie Maker? Well when I was younger I used to make animations using paint and moviemaker. It was really time consuming and I had little control over the framerate.

I don't know what Movie Maker is like nowadays, but I can't imagine it's a good alternative to some of the free animating software out there.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to windows live movie maker Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 02:38 PM Reply

Movie maker is extremely tedious. It's not a program designed to make animation. Don't even try.

YourShadowedDestiny
YourShadowedDestiny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to windows live movie maker Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 02:29 PM, PBass wrote: Windows Movie Maker? Well when I was younger I used to make animations using paint and moviemaker. It was really time consuming and I had little control over the framerate.

I don't know what Movie Maker is like nowadays, but I can't imagine it's a good alternative to some of the free animating software out there.

Umm...

Windows movie maker on windows 7 is windows live movie maker
But the software requres me to have an account and some require lame (read: uneeded) stuff to download

YourShadowedDestiny
YourShadowedDestiny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to windows live movie maker Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 8/29/10 02:38 PM, Zyphonee wrote: Movie maker is extremely tedious. It's not a program designed to make animation. Don't even try.

Okay...

thenewbies
thenewbies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to windows live movie maker Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 03:06 PM Reply

Seriously, Movie Maker makes videos, things for YouTube. The best animation you'll be able to make is a slideshow. The extra effort using a real animation application will be much more worth it.

BBS Signature
Thebunniebrothers
Thebunniebrothers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to windows live movie maker Aug. 29th, 2010 @ 03:13 PM Reply

Animations made in WLMW cannot match the quality of real flash animations, plus it's too tedious and hard to make. You'd be better off spending a few bucks on the student version(given that you are one) of flash. In addition to that, Newgrounds only accepts .swf files, and I'm not sure if WLMW supports that.

A quite sexay sig
Created by RiotDemon

BBS Signature
Snake-Arsenic
Snake-Arsenic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to windows live movie maker Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 04:57 AM Reply

It's a basic video composing software so it adds cuts and basic transitions to anything you export as video from an animation program just fine, just remember it does not work with Flash files (.fla, .swf). If you buy Flash you might not need this very often or at all as you can usually get better results in Flash at a lower file size and it's also animation software.

As for acceptability, if the final product is good and fits the size limits it doesn't really matter how you made it.

Since you don't have Flash, it might be a tad troublesome to get it on Newgrounds unless you can get someone to add a preloader for you and compile an .swf file with the video embedded.

PaperBagMask
PaperBagMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to windows live movie maker Aug. 30th, 2010 @ 08:05 AM Reply

Please don't use Movie Maker.
It is NOT made for ANIMATION.
You will need to put in more effort then you should for a result that will not even be satisfactory.
Look into free or cheap animation software.
This thread might be handy for that.
If you cannot put the effort into making an account for software then I would be worried about how much effort you'd be willing to put into an animation.