00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Manchester Meet 2011

41,944 Views | 638 Replies

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 14:50:42

I'm happy to see information revealed for this meet. Thursday is a no-go for me since I have work on Friday and I intend to make my way to Manchester that day as soon as I get home to get changed from my suit. Speaking of Friday, I see nothing has been set for Friday so far. Hopefully we'll do something that day.

Now that we're going to the Chilli Factore, I'll need to get myself prepared for the stuff I need for it. As for the evenings, I recently got my provisional license so I can go wherever you guys want to go without any fuss.

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 15:30:57

My current plan is to be there early on Friday (I think I'd get there at about 10:30am) and last until Sunday night (I think I need to leave at about 7-8pm).

I can't see myself wanting to attempt skiing at the Chill Factore, but I'm sure they'll have a bar or something kicking about near by.

I too am interested to hear what sort of things we will all be getting up to, but it really doesn't bother me that much. It's a change of scenery for a weekend with some new people. That my reason for going.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 15:54:39

At 12/14/10 03:47 PM, Jawdyn wrote:
At 12/14/10 02:50 PM, Bahamut wrote: I see nothing has been set for Friday so far. Hopefully we'll do something that day.
Drink beer, like men.

I know that but the question is where do we do that.

I wanted to maybe have a little time kicking peoples ass on games, but I don't know how that can be achieved. I can bring my Xbox 360 to Manchester like.. I forget whether or not Premier Inn comes with a TV in the room.

My last visit at a Premier Inn was back in May when I went to Scotland. The TVs aren't HD like most TVs are these days sadly so the 360 idea is out the window for the meet.

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 15:55:17

At 12/14/10 02:50 PM, Bahamut wrote: I'm happy to see information revealed for this meet. Thursday is a no-go for me since I have work on Friday and I intend to make my way to Manchester that day as soon as I get home to get changed from my suit. Speaking of Friday, I see nothing has been set for Friday so far. Hopefully we'll do something that day.

Now that we're going to the Chilli Factore, I'll need to get myself prepared for the stuff I need for it. As for the evenings, I recently got my provisional license so I can go wherever you guys want to go without any fuss.

I'll populate Friday soon. I'm looking through a few different places. What I think i'll probably do though is just establish a meet point in the evening and then decide where to go from there when we have a good amount of people. Depending on how many people we have will depend on what options are open to us. Fridays tend to be busy night outs whether you are running a meet or not so yea, we'll have to stay flexible. Thursday isnt really an official event. Generally its just a handful of people, generally locals who happen to be free that day.

As for Chill Factore, i personally dont see myself participating in it but ill hang about and spectate with others who arent gonna do it either. There's a few pubs and other shit in that building so it should be fun whether you choose to ski or not.

Also, for people looking for accomidation options, I'd use the roster on the hub as a guide and drop a PM to attendees who you are familiar with/are familiar with you and ask what their lodging situation is like? You have to learn to be pro-active, cant babysit you forever <3

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 15:57:14

Booked my room. (Went for Premier Inn after all).

I reccomend you kids check out the Chilli Factore site, since apparently you won't be able to go on the Main Slope if you don't know the basics of skiing/boarding. http://www.chillfactore.com/
There is however, Tubing and Luging available, or you could possibly take some taster lessons.
Apparently you'll get the necessary equipment with the price, though you'll need to bring your own warm clothes (apparently gloves are essential), with optional waterproof trousers available for hire (£6). (Incase you really don't want a wet bum.)

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 16:00:15

At 12/14/10 03:49 PM, citricsquid wrote:
At 12/14/10 03:47 PM, Jawdyn wrote: I wanted to maybe have a little time kicking peoples ass on games, but I don't know how that can be achieved. I can bring my Xbox 360 to Manchester like.. I forget whether or not Premier Inn comes with a TV in the room.
They do, but gotta be considerate about the neighbours and shit :p

hotel rooms are kinda tricky. I've been in hotel rooms where they've had people complain about a rockband drumset stomping. Other times its been just fine. My only advice would be not to overthink it. This is like a two-day event (more or less). It may not make much sense to bother going through the hassle of bringing your 360/whatever over when most of the time people are going to want to be out and about.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 16:11:24

At 12/14/10 04:09 PM, Tramps wrote: Guys, I spoke with my manager and I think that I can make it, but I'll have to see if I'm not touring around that time.

Nobody cares about you any more. You're just one big let down.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 16:48:10

For those using the Megabus, like me, it's about a 12 minute walk from the Shudehill Interchange.

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 16:54:09

The Manchester City Centre (MEN Arena/Printworks) is the one closest to The Triangle / Big Wheel. The Portland street one is further south. Both are walkable.

NG Manchester Meet 2011

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 17:00:13

At 12/14/10 04:57 PM, Jawdyn wrote:
At 12/14/10 04:53 PM, citricsquid wrote: Manchester City Centre (MEN Arena/Printworks)

That's the one I went with, it's right opposite the meet point.
Alright, that's the one we'll go for. How far is it from Piccadily train station?

Further. Its a give or take. If you take the portland street one you are closer to the station / farther from the meet. See map above.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 17:11:23

At 12/14/10 05:03 PM, Jawdyn wrote: So we'll go for MEN/Printworks.

Oh we will, will we? Only joking. That's pretty awesome for me, since the Shudehill Interchange is just around the corner and that's where my bus will be arriving and departing. It couldn't be any more convenient really. I really have no excuse for getting lost, but it's still highly probably.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 17:21:53

At 12/14/10 05:15 PM, citricsquid wrote: Also it's pretty hard to actually get lost, as long as you have a mobile phone for calling people you'll find your way,

Speaking of which, Jordan, what's your current phone situation? Is it still bust?

At 12/14/10 05:18 PM, Jawdyn wrote: so you know, I had your best interests in mind, like a pro. (H)

Sweet talking won't get you anywhere young man. But it's much appreciated <3

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 18:05:46

At 12/14/10 04:36 PM, Jawdyn wrote: Attractions nearby include Canal Street

It is apt that you're sharing a room with Dean.

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 18:12:45

At 12/14/10 06:05 PM, liljim wrote: It is apt that you're sharing a room with Dean.

It now appears I'm going to have to watch more than just my wallet!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 18:46:02

At 12/14/10 06:12 PM, Jawdyn wrote:
At 12/14/10 06:05 PM, liljim wrote: It is apt that you're sharing a room with Dean.
Oh liljim, the only canal street I want visit is yours.

no homo

liljim's canal is like the Thames, full of rubbish and smells of centuries worth of sewage.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 18:47:17

At 12/14/10 06:46 PM, Luis wrote: liljim's canal is like the Thames, full of rubbish and smells of centuries worth of sewage.

Is there a dead whale in it too, by any chance?

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 20:00:39

Ugh, I guess no-one knows what Canal Street is all about. Anyway.

Getting close to crunch time, so please confirm with Lois as to whether or not you're ACTUALLY attending (not might be). I am going to phone or email for quotes for minibuses to take us too and from Manchester City Centre to Chillfactore tomorrow, which will work out cheaper than trying to go there and back by other means, so I need exact numbers.

It's no good saying to them that "34 people MIGHT be coming", I need to be able to give them as accurate figures as I can.

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 20:11:45

I'll most definately be attending. So long as I can remember not to miss the time on my bus. (Never really booked a bus ticket in advance before so...)

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 20:36:01

hey jimjam what day and time you thinking of chill factor?

i'd be interested in chill factor but if you're going, say, friday midday i wouldn't be able to make it up from brum in time D:

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 20:41:22

At 12/14/10 08:36 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: hey jimjam what day and time you thinking of chill factor?

i'd be interested in chill factor but if you're going, say, friday midday i wouldn't be able to make it up from brum in time D:

I'm guessing if we go by London law, we'll be meeting at the meeting point at 1pm and then moving on a little while afterwards (weather permitting)

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 21:05:16

At 12/14/10 08:41 PM, Wonchop wrote:
At 12/14/10 08:36 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: hey jimjam what day and time you thinking of chill factor?

I'm guessing if we go by London law, we'll be meeting at the meeting point at 1pm and then moving on a little while afterwards (weather permitting)

We're gathering at 2pm. (im tired of being late)
im guessing we'll stick around for an hour and then shuttle over to the chill factor at 3. saturday

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 21:06:52

This is all starting to get so real. I can't wait.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 21:24:48

oh cool then yeah i'm down wit' dat for chill factor and i guess ledgey is too

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 21:33:15

fuck man, JUST when i moved to london. i dunno if i'll make it to manchester...

Smuff.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-14 23:33:46

Just updated a bunch of shit on the Hub page.

If you havent checked it in awhile, you probably should. I see alot of questions being asked that are already answered in the Hub.

Friday event is being 'sorted'. So that's all that's missing right now. I'm trying to see if theres any worthwhile kareoke joints in the area... but everything else should be good.

Tweaked that drink coupon to reward skewl spirit. (aka if you wear a ng you can take advantage, or still use a tie)

None

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-15 09:13:11

At 12/15/10 04:18 AM, Jawdyn wrote: Once Dean makes some confirmations of his own, I'll be booking our room. That's expected to be out of the way by tonight.

That will be sorted by the end of today, but more likely before my dinner.

The coupon is cool. But I lost my old NG Tankmen tee, and I only have a black & white stripy tie.. dammit, is a free beer worth looking like a twat? Hells yeeer it is.

If I can find a nice bright yellow tie or something similar for less than the cost of a pint, I'm totally buying it. You don't get anywhere in this world unless you think like a Scot, or a Jew. I currently have two ties. One is my old school tie and the other being my old BB's tie. Not sure I want to wear either. I'm sure I'll find something.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-15 11:14:33

At 12/15/10 10:42 AM, Jawdyn wrote: It's transition from plain white t-shirt to ultimate shirt of badassery will be immense.

Please don't stand anywhere near me for the duration of the meet.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-15 11:21:50

At 12/15/10 10:42 AM, Jawdyn wrote: I'm just going to take my plain white t-shirt and draw a tie on it, and my username in ginormagantuan NG font letters, and maybe some NG character doodles. It's transition from plain white t-shirt to ultimate shirt of badassery will be immense.

You do realise we'll just bring markers and draw floppy dicks all over your shirt right?

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-15 12:46:07

At 12/14/10 11:33 PM, Luis wrote: Just updated a bunch of shit on the Hub page.

And I'm still not on the list? I don't know... miss one meet and it's like you don't even exist any more...

I'm definitely coming.

Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 2010-12-15 14:07:26

Only been to manchester once, even then it was just to get to the airport. SHOULD BE FUN.

I'll probably run it by me mum after/during christmas then book the tickets.