• 719 Replies
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 6th, 2010 @ 01:27 PM

At 9/6/10 01:11 PM, liljim wrote: You are not responsible for the people behind you, only the people in front of you matter. That's the general rule followed at all resorts.

Ahhh, but if you pull out to turn and they are behind you going faster than usual and not expecting you to pull out, well then you're knackered really, but I see where you're coming from, so I guess it's just the people below we need to not crash into!

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 6th, 2010 @ 01:28 PM

i used to ski when i was a kid, and then in my teens and early 20's i snowboarded ALOT. i wanna go too :(

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 6th, 2010 @ 01:28 PM

Crap... Posted too soon! My bad.

At 9/6/10 01:19 PM, Luis wrote: ill enjoy the view of the massive pileup of ng people at the bottom of the hill. while im comfortably at the bar.

Well as long as you take pictures of the before and after stages, that's fine by me! Haha. However I always think the view is better when you're actually in it. It feels more real that way! ;)

Tianwell
Tianwell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 6th, 2010 @ 03:19 PM

Hmm... this is sounding more exciting to me the more I read the peeps about skiing. I have never done it before, but I could always try it out. Just to be clear, is this part of the main meet?

MUSIC IS LIFE!

BBS Signature
Tianwell
Tianwell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 6th, 2010 @ 03:20 PM

At 9/6/10 03:19 PM, Tianwell wrote: Hmm... this is sounding more exciting to me the more I read the peeps about talking skiing. I have never done it before, but I could always try it out. Just to be clear, is this part of the main meet?

Fixed grammar error.

Damn. My head can't handle my quick typing. :/

MUSIC IS LIFE!

BBS Signature
funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 6th, 2010 @ 04:02 PM

I can confirm that Chazzgoth will be attending along with me, funkycaveman. I think we can attend both the friday and Saturday but need somewhere to stay. Some information about where we will be based in Manchester would be useful so we can plan ahead, thanks.

Chaz's pc is out of order so I have been relaying messages.
Scuzzfest
Scuzzfest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 6th, 2010 @ 10:39 PM

I have never ski'd before, If against all other times failure follows plans to to do something with everyone paying at every other meets, I will see you all on the kiddy slopes whilst my swiss coach teachers me how to stand up on skis.

Or I'll just ride the ski lift.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature
Wonchop
Wonchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Animator
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 7th, 2010 @ 08:41 AM

I've had a couple of snowboarding lessons before, which I mainly took cos it looked cooler than skiing. I assume skiing is a fair bit easier than snowboarding?

Retrospective
Retrospective
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 7th, 2010 @ 02:24 PM

At 9/7/10 08:46 AM, chriswilsonhehe wrote: what so u guys are goin ski'ing? what about clubbin :(

Chill Factor.e. It's a big-ass slope that you can ski down near the Trafford Centre. Talking of skiing, I'm going in the weekend, get reacquainted with the skis. Should be fun.

Anyone else need a place to stay?
LazyPint
LazyPint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 7th, 2010 @ 05:22 PM

At 9/7/10 02:24 PM, Retrospective wrote:
Anyone else need a place to stay?

I'd take you up on that offer, if you'd be comfortable with some 22 year old Scottish guy being there that is.

If not, no worries.

Bridge of Weir Meet-Up 2012, a real thing that's definitely real! You won't believe how real it is!*

*Realness not guaranteed.

Chazz
Chazz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 7th, 2010 @ 07:34 PM

Hey guys, pc's been a bust but I'll be attending with funky cave man. Also Luis was kind enough to change my name from chazzgoth to chazz. Happy times. Hoping I'll be able to get the Friday off, what with commitments, but I should be able to take a weekend out. Is there official ng accomodation this time around or is this a fend for yourself meet?

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 7th, 2010 @ 07:45 PM

At 9/7/10 07:34 PM, Chazz wrote: Is there official ng accomodation this time around or is this a fend for yourself meet?

Every man/woman for themselves. It was just an exception this past summer.

None

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 7th, 2010 @ 07:54 PM

At 9/7/10 07:45 PM, Luis wrote:
At 9/7/10 07:34 PM, Chazz wrote: Is there official ng accomodation this time around or is this a fend for yourself meet?
Every man/woman for themselves. It was just an exception this past summer.

Oh fuck. Although I think I recall you mentioning this a little.

I think it might be an idea to work out who wants to go and see if we can book rooms in the same hotel in the same floor with the rooms as close to each other as possible. Simplifies things without Luis having to fork cash out. Although this depends heavily on if people will be willing to pay for their place and who would have responsibility for each room.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 9th, 2010 @ 07:33 PM

At 9/9/10 06:47 PM, Jawdyn wrote: This is the skiing place so you all have an idea of what it looks like. I'm not in the picture though, its one of my friends and some random dude.

those paintings on the wall. its like youre really in the alps

None

Chazz
Chazz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 11th, 2010 @ 11:15 AM

At 9/9/10 07:33 PM, Luis wrote:
At 9/9/10 06:47 PM, Jawdyn wrote: This is the skiing place so you all have an idea of what it looks like. I'm not in the picture though, its one of my friends and some random dude.
those paintings on the wall. its like youre really in the alps

It's just like the Truman Show D:

Chazz
Chazz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 12th, 2010 @ 02:48 PM

At 9/11/10 11:29 AM, Maas wrote: Who the hell would want to fucking meetup in the snow?

Well it's either that or lava, make your choice..

"Hey Luis-AAAAAAAH!" "Oh hey Chazz-AAAAAAAAH! Great birthday-AAAAAAAH"
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 12th, 2010 @ 03:23 PM

Two things:

1. I love the idea of going to the Chill Factore and I'm for it.
2. I know I live only an hour away from Manchester but if anyone plans to rest at a Travelodge or a Premier Inn, please let me know. For the sake of convenience, it would be good if I was staying at the same place (not room, lol) as a few of you. It would help if I had a room at one of these places for a few nights rather than going back home and fourth.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 12th, 2010 @ 03:48 PM

At 9/12/10 03:28 PM, Jawdyn wrote:
At 9/12/10 03:23 PM, Bahamut wrote: Two things:
Me, Dean, Jamie (Tramps) are all going Premier Inn - maybe Jack (Silverback) too, im not sure about him because he's with Armour. But yeah, we'll be using Premier Inn so if you're with us it's sound! I assumed most people would be Premier Inn/TravelLodge'ing it anyway!

let me know where you all end up going. maybe ill just book where you all are at also.

None

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 12th, 2010 @ 04:24 PM

At 9/12/10 03:55 PM, Jawdyn wrote:
must remember to book a holiday from work on 14-15th also

I'll actually be working on the 14th but I'm sure nothing will be happening until the evening anyway so I shouldn't be missing out on a lot. I just need to work out when I can get there but I may not arrive until 8PM. It just depends on my work hours which I'll find out tomorrow.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

citricsquid
citricsquid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 12th, 2010 @ 04:44 PM

I'll also be looking for a room at a premier inn type place, it'd be cheaper for me to just go home in the evening (only an hour away) but fuck it, that's not the full experience. It's not a Newgrounds meet without sharing a room with a bunch of nerds and being in close proximity to their dongs, no homo.

So if anyone needs someone to share a room with, I'm cool with paying half of whatever it costs. As long as I have somewhere to sleep (bed or floor) I don't care.

Lucy
Lucy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 12th, 2010 @ 06:01 PM

I'm definitly going to come if I dont go back to uni the weekend before. I'm also trying my hardest to get Williwowza to come, he loves me after our own meet-up yesterday so I think it shouldnt be too hard getting him to come.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 13th, 2010 @ 12:59 AM

I'm there

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 13th, 2010 @ 05:26 AM

At 9/13/10 12:59 AM, Fim wrote: I'm there

Let me rephrase, I'm already here. But I will continue to be here for the meet, but I dont think I'll do the chill factor because it's abit far out for me and it's not that amazing :P

If you guys need ideas for something to do in town in the evening let me know!! This is my city and there's always clubs and bars with something going on every night for those of you who are over 18

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 13th, 2010 @ 07:11 AM

At 9/12/10 06:01 PM, Lucy wrote: I'm definitly going to come if I dont go back to uni the weekend before. I'm also trying my hardest to get Williwowza to come, he loves me after our own meet-up yesterday so I think it shouldnt be too hard getting him to come.

if he doesn't come i'm blaming you

funkycaveman
funkycaveman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Game Developer
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 13th, 2010 @ 07:20 AM

At 9/12/10 03:55 PM, Jawdyn wrote: Well I am definitely staying in Premier Inn (assuming they're not fully booked ofcourse, but i'll book my room in advance closer to the date).

Sounds Like a plan, will do the same closer to the date, shouldn't be too booked up at the weekend. I will probs share a room with Chazz but not sure if we can book a twin room and have a third person camp like before? Will make things more affordable.
Doing the snow thing looks like a good idea.

Conal
Conal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 13th, 2010 @ 08:52 AM

Hmm... Well now, this IS tempting. I should have a car by then.

​   ▲      ▲      ▲
▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲
                                                                      ಠ_ಠ

BBS Signature
DumbassDude
DumbassDude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Voice Actor
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 13th, 2010 @ 09:02 AM

If Tramps goes and we meet I'm going to be so giddy.

yes, giddy

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Sep. 13th, 2010 @ 09:32 AM

At 9/13/10 07:20 AM, funkycaveman wrote: Sounds Like a plan, will do the same closer to the date, shouldn't be too booked up at the weekend. I will probs share a room with Chazz but not sure if we can book a twin room and have a third person camp like before?

you can do it as long as you dont get caught. just check in on your own and youll be fine.

None

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 05:21 PM

Probably not going to show up for this.
I might show up, I might not. Don't go holding it against me, I'll make a more concrete decision closer to the date.

Also bumping this topic.
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to NG Manchester Meet 2011 Oct. 20th, 2010 @ 05:27 PM

lol I live in Manchester but how embarrassing if I showed up

I might have things to do

maybe if you're having a pint in a city centre pub I would show my face but I certainly wouldn't go dry slope skiing in Trafford