Be a Supporter!

~Kashi's Art Thread~

  • 40,461 Views
  • 450 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Oct. 7th, 2010 @ 10:59 PM Reply

zane, this is the pic that was meant for you on dA :P

god damn muro...

~Kashi's Art Thread~

ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Oct. 7th, 2010 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 10/7/10 10:59 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: zane, this is the pic that was meant for you on dA :P
god damn muro...

Awww I middle finger you too <3 <3 <3


BBS Signature
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Oct. 7th, 2010 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 10/7/10 08:01 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 10/7/10 06:41 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 10/7/10 06:01 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: also, sigs!
which one looks better?
just glad neither has the link
well, i DID fucking tell you so :P

anyways, BRAINNNSSSSSSS

LOL. That is... Special. Yes special is the word I would use...

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Oct. 19th, 2010 @ 09:48 PM Reply

At 10/7/10 11:49 PM, MajesticBob wrote:
anyways, BRAINNNSSSSSSS
LOL. That is... Special. Yes special is the word I would use...

yay! :D
wait.....

also, <3 zane :3

aaaaaand bump!
gonna finish this; guess i might as well submit it into the halloween contest, couldnt hurt...

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Oct. 21st, 2010 @ 10:01 PM Reply

more work!

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Oct. 22nd, 2010 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 10/21/10 10:01 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: more work!

done for the night; work so far
its pretty much done, but i think i might add some extra details to it, idk
constructive criticism wanted! esp. about background. im still really unsure about it

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Oct. 22nd, 2010 @ 02:56 AM Reply

At 10/22/10 12:05 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote: constructive criticism wanted! esp. about background. im still really unsure about it

I must say, I like it; it looks stylized, real cool.
The blade at the scythe is a real style break though, there's strong, clear lines at the rest of the body, but when it comes to the scythe, it blurs out as if it was a painting, I'd suggest instead adding some strong shades and/or shines on it instead, to keep the style consistent throughout the drawing.
Also judging by the shading, the light source is behind him/her, yet the background is dark.
For background, I'd draw like a cemetery or something like that.

Good work though!

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 06:24 PM Reply

Errr..... speedpaint? Took around an hour...
Listening to Drive by Incubus

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 13th, 2010 @ 06:25 PM Reply

At 11/13/10 06:24 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Errr..... speedpaint? Took around an hour...
Listening to Drive by Incubus

"Dad, I'm so sorry for hitting you and killing Mr. Shatner with the car..."


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 21st, 2010 @ 12:56 AM Reply

At 11/13/10 06:25 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 11/13/10 06:24 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Errr..... speedpaint? Took around an hour...
Listening to Drive by Incubus
"Dad, I'm so sorry for hitting you and killing Mr. Shatner with the car..."

I'm sorry I don't get it :(

Spent like 15-30 minutes on this, I'm not sure. Mreh.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 21st, 2010 @ 03:11 AM Reply

green line collab #1

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 21st, 2010 @ 03:12 AM Reply

green line collab #2

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 21st, 2010 @ 03:13 AM Reply

green line collab #3 WIP

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 24th, 2010 @ 01:31 PM Reply

Done.

Forgot to post this yesterday lol.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 24th, 2010 @ 01:33 PM Reply

I made another one.
This one was really fun to do actually.

Art Portal
The main focus is the bow, because that had the lines leading to the top and bottom, but the detaail and fun I had with the violing made it stand out too.
It makes the bow look weird because i put is at a perspecive and the violin is basically a background. :(

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 24th, 2010 @ 01:39 PM Reply

Awesome violin pic Kashi! That pic kinda reminds me of the eye. That horror movie, plus I can see you made an eye too. Seriously it really gives me that vibe.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 24th, 2010 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 11/24/10 01:39 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Awesome violin pic Kashi!

Thanks Fifty! :D

Also, new sig...

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 24th, 2010 @ 07:56 PM Reply

Tee-hee, more art!

I've really been working this past week :O

WIP, Friday Flood

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 09:12 PM Reply

Pizza.
Actually, this was a scan that I stayed up 'till 3 in the morning redrawing. Why? Because, I wanted him to stop bitching. But he didn't.

lolwut? Also, scans a'comin

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 09:18 PM Reply

Scan one.
I drew this on an index card in class. Class was boring. But this, this was fun.
I was listening to Monsters by Matchbook Romance while I drew this for inspiration :D
Listening to music whilst drawing is really helpful.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 09:25 PM Reply

Another one.
I'm disappointed by the way the forum stretches these index card pics and makes it all blurry :/
Anyways, it is supposed to be a bear, and I think that is noticable, but his muzzle is kinda long. I didn't have a ref, so I couldn't be sure proportions were correct. It looked right at the time, lol.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 09:27 PM Reply

These are looking worse as I go on. Ouch.
I have NO IDEA why but this reminds me of Aigis' art.

NO IDEA.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Member since: Oct. 23, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 09:40 PM Reply

At 11/30/10 09:18 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Scan one.
I drew this on an index card in class. Class was boring. But this, this was fun.
I was listening to Monsters by Matchbook Romance while I drew this for inspiration :D
Listening to music whilst drawing is really helpful.

Ooffda, nice sketches there, hey..

Matchbook Romance is a great band, this song by them is seriously the most inspiring song by them in the most god-awfully depressing way..


"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Nov. 30th, 2010 @ 09:45 PM Reply

This was on lined paper, I was able to run it through photoshop and get rid of the ugliness :D
Practicing with hands, I used my own as a ref.
In the lower-left corner, I drew the ring I wear. (You can see a sliver of it in the lower-right drawing)
Oh and no, I was not really holding a joint (I wouldn't be holding it correctly if I really was anyways)

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 12:48 AM Reply

This is the protagonist of a short story I made (with a friend) for school.
Its late/early, and my doodling came to this.
If anyone cares, the story was about Evan overcoming obstacles with his disability, Tourettes.

~Kashi's Art Thread~

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 12/1/10 12:48 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote: This is the protagonist of a short story I made (with a friend) for school.
Its late/early, and my doodling came to this.
If anyone cares, the story was about Evan overcoming obstacles with his disability, Tourettes.

I think it has appeal. I like it....
BTW I was Thinking of Taking up your Art Trade offer in the Trade thread, Think I should?


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 01:10 AM Reply

At 12/1/10 12:51 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I think it has appeal. I like it....
BTW I was Thinking of Taking up your Art Trade offer in the Trade thread, Think I should?

Thanks Kinsei, and sure, I'm up for some art trading :)
I'm thinking about doing your rage punch pic. I know its old, so if you'd prefer another one that'd be fine too ;P
I'll probably start working on it tomorrow or Thursday.

At 11/30/10 09:40 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Matchbook Romance is a great band, this song by them is seriously the most inspiring song by them in the most god-awfully depressing way..

Nice song :)

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 01:16 AM Reply

At 12/1/10 01:10 AM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 12/1/10 12:51 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I think it has appeal. I like it....
BTW I was Thinking of Taking up your Art Trade offer in the Trade thread, Think I should?
Thanks Kinsei, and sure, I'm up for some art trading :)
I'm thinking about doing your rage punch pic. I know its old, so if you'd prefer another one that'd be fine too ;P
I'll probably start working on it tomorrow or Thursday.

Sure thats Fine. I'll pop over there and lay some claims now. I'll select something soon and probably have it done by Thursday.

this should be very interesting >:3

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Dec. 1st, 2010 @ 06:40 PM Reply

At 11/30/10 09:45 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: This was on lined paper, I was able to run it through photoshop and get rid of the ugliness :D
Practicing with hands, I used my own as a ref.
In the lower-left corner, I drew the ring I wear. (You can see a sliver of it in the lower-right drawing)
Oh and no, I was not really holding a joint (I wouldn't be holding it correctly if I really was anyways)

Probably some of the better stuff you've done recently. I really like the shading on the one with the joint or cigarette of whatever.


every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to ~Kashi's Art Thread~ Dec. 4th, 2010 @ 01:42 AM Reply

At 12/1/10 06:40 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Probably some of the better stuff you've done recently. I really like the shading on the one with the joint or cigarette of whatever.

Thanks, thats my favorite too ;O

Anyways, I wanted to draw hair. And fur. And I just thought I'd experiment with a different way of coloring hair and fur while I was at it. It was kinda time consuming, but the results pleased me.
Any good?

~Kashi's Art Thread~