WhiteLightning
WhiteLightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Filmmaker
Possible Last Minute Clock Collab Aug. 12th, 2010 @ 05:51 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I want to say Clock Day is on the 15th (ish)?

If you have an already made or almost finished Clock Day cartoon that's good enough to stand on its own but maybe is kinda short, here's an idea: why not combine it with about three other people into a snazzy collab? It would get more interest from the combined fan base, satisfy those "its gud but to short" people, and have an all around better chance of getting front page.

I've already got a piece completed and will cover the preloader and menus. If you're interested, post up a link to the video file, a square logo image for yourself, and the video's title. As it's close to the due date, it would help to watch the forum for updates.

I think at least four good videos would be best. However, just in case we don't get enough in two days (As probable as that may seem...), it would best for you to still have the video prepared as a solo project so you could still upload it independantly.

BBS Signature
WhiteLightning
WhiteLightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Filmmaker
Response to Possible Last Minute Clock Collab Aug. 12th, 2010 @ 07:02 PM

I'm so sorry (also for the double post...), I haven't used these forums much and missed the Collab Host Requirements. Here they are, forgive me.

Must be a video about Clock Day, about a minute long minimum, and I'd prefer the authors have around a 3.9 batting average or be able to animate as if they do.

Send in by the 14th, not a long time obviously.

Flash CS3, but AS 2. Sorry, any coders.

24 FPS, around 700x400, white background.

Again, this is just a long shot to see if anyone is in the above position and would like to combine videos for more effect. I honestly don't expect it to really happen, and will probably be posting mine solo, but I thought I'd try. I think it would be mutually beneficial to anyone who joined, assuming they were all around the same skill level.

Thanks for your time.

BBS Signature
Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Animator
Response to Possible Last Minute Clock Collab Aug. 12th, 2010 @ 08:14 PM

there already is one so no one will join this

You smell nice.

BBS Signature
WhiteLightning
WhiteLightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Filmmaker
Response to Possible Last Minute Clock Collab Aug. 12th, 2010 @ 08:37 PM

While I'm sure you legitimately speak for every person on Newgrounds, your statement is politely ignored.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Possible Last Minute Clock Collab Aug. 12th, 2010 @ 10:04 PM

Just join the existing one, rather than trying to make a new one in a hurry.
If you think the one's in that collab will be short, any last minute one's will be shorter (and a substandard quality).

(Don't like seeing collabs that step on each other's toes, anyway).

BBS Signature