00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Create Your Own Noir Detective!

7,437 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 05:54:46

This is another Create Your Own Adventure thread; for those who don`t know it:
- You make suggestions about what the character should do; simple actions.
- I take a suggestion I like and make a drawing/write the story according to that suggestion.
+Do not expect this to be funny; it is more aimed at style, character and story.
+Story will be in Italics
+If I close my post it with (y/x) where y<x (i.e. 1/2 or 2/3) I will post another part of the story and a picture to go with that; Please wait with suggestions untill I do so.
This city has changed; it's become a shadow, a corruption of its former self. Sure, there was crime in the old days, crime is always everywhere; omnipresent, omniprevalent. And besides; where would a P.I. be without crime?
Still, it was a clean sort of crime we used to have, organized, neat. The city was divided in three districts, each governed by a crimelord. A feudal system it was, every criminal answering indirectly to one of these three names. My job as a P.I. was more of a negotiating job; I was the intermediary, working just as much for the crimelords as for my clients, and both paid willingly. When mayor Bardner decided to retake control over the city he didn't realize how much the system was actually helping him.

(1/2)

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 05:55:48

Criminalizing crime... The way I see it; life is a game, a sport. The only rule is that there are no rules. Laws are conventions, invented by the weak to protect themselves; but life isn't a team-sport. After the big three were rounded up there was only a short period of stability before hell broke loose. Ah well, life goes on; and business is thriving. What is really bothering me is that I need a light.
(2/2)

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 06:34:10

At 8/4/10 05:55 AM, J-qb wrote: ... What is really bothering me is that I need a light.

A burning ice cream van comes hurtling round the corner of the alley.

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 06:46:48

At 8/4/10 06:34 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 8/4/10 05:55 AM, J-qb wrote: ... What is really bothering me is that I need a light.
A burning ice cream van comes hurtling round the corner of the alley.

"Cool Off" adorns the side of the van; an irony that would have been appreciated by Jon the Ice Cream Don if he wasn't lurched over the wheel with a frozen pop through his skull.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 06:49:41

At 8/4/10 06:46 AM, TomFulp wrote: "Cool Off" adorns the side of the van; an irony that would have been appreciated by Jon the Ice Cream Don if he wasn't lurched over the wheel with a frozen pop through his skull.

Woah. Hi Tom. Anyway. He checks the scorching van to fin something inside. It's a journal. It might be burned, but it's still somewhat readable.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 06:51:59

Within the journal is mostly names of Ice Cream flavors and brands, but on the last page carved into the page is the name of mob boss...

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 06:56:22

Thanks for all the great Ideas guys; but that really isnt the idea of this thread:

At 8/4/10 05:54 AM, J-qb wrote: - You make suggestions about what the character should do; simple actions.

stuff like "look around" or "pick up...." or "enter..."
If I have mentioned something in your direct suroundings or have drawn something, you can interact with it.
Again, thanks for the enthousiasm!

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 07:01:06

Okay then. Look at your shoes.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 07:09:47

Look around.

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 07:10:33

At 8/4/10 07:01 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Okay then. Look at your shoes.

Your shoes still remind you of the old days when life was simple. Now you are not so sure about everything anymore; You've caught yourself doubting the worth of it all. You notice a coin lying on the street.

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 07:15:25

At 8/4/10 07:09 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Look around.

The sight of money brings you back to the matters at hand. You quickly but cool as always look around to see if anybody saw you. In a town were property means nothing, reputation counts for a lot.
In front of you is a bar, aptly named "bar". Perhaps someone in there can give you a light.

(1/4)

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 07:16:12

you pick up coin, and roll it down the street.

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 07:18:30

To your right is some kind of tunnel or gate. It is very dark so you can't make out anything inside.
(2/4)

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 07:26:37

Behind you is a seemingly abandoned house or office; the door is boarded up.
(3/4)

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 07:40:37

To your left is a guy leaning on a streetlight. He doesn't seem to have noticed you. He is smoking a Cigarette; maybe he can give you a light.
(4/4)

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 08:44:24

At 8/4/10 08:07 AM, Ninjar wrote: Casually walk up to..

You casually walk up to the guy. When he notices you approaching he stands up and greets you amicably. He seems to know you, but you can't really put a name to his face.

okay, I`ve definitely switched to second person singular

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 09:01:45

Be the other guy.

Also, Problem Sleuth anyone?

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 10:45:25

Pretend you remember who he is and ask what he's been up to.

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 11:42:38

At 8/4/10 10:45 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Pretend you remember who he is and ask what he's been up to.

You decide to play it safe and ask the guy what he has been up to. "Oh same old stuff," he replies, "you know how it is."His response doesn't get you any closer to who he is or how you are supposed to know him. Noticing the still unlit cig in your mouth he continues "Need a light there bud?".
You mumble "Thanks" while he searches his pockets. "Would ya look at that," he exclaims as he hands you a lighter "I think you lent this one to me, you might as well take it back!". You accept the lighter; the characters printed on it don't ring a bell, but it appears to be some kind of logo for a company called "bci"

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-04 12:19:35

Light up.

While you're at it, inspect the boarded door.See if it's possible to unbar the door without finding tools to do so with.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-18 19:47:24

Enters strange building, A group of Asylum Escapes start charging at you!*

ZomBiez!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-23 02:44:03

pee yourself.

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-08-23 03:22:15

Grab his glasses.

I enjoy rice.

BBS Signature

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-09-27 06:26:30

Get into a gunfight.

OBJECTION!! What you just said clearly contradicts this evidence!!

Response to Create Your Own Noir Detective! 2010-09-27 08:37:35

Holy smokes!