Be a Supporter!

Stop Using Torrents To Get Games!

  • 9,205 Views
  • 258 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
SteelChair
SteelChair
  • Member since: Sep. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Art Lover
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:00:55 Reply

All the piracy.
With none of the security.

elcriz000
elcriz000
  • Member since: Mar. 3, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:08:43 Reply

I'll just leave this here

its me with dragon age: origins that was BROUGHT

Stop Using Torrents To Get Games!


Iron man is a superhero
Iron woman is a command

BBS Signature
Serphyas
Serphyas
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:13:56 Reply

Mo-ni, don't fool yourself into thinking my points invalid simply because I have stolen before. A man who criticizes his political or social system is not ignored because he lives under that system. A criminal's guilty plea and remorse are not totally disregarded because he committed the crime.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it. So entertain me for a bit...

At 8/2/10 05:56 PM, Mo-ni wrote: I'm not talking about books, movies, programs...don't even get me STARTED on programs or anything else. We are talking about games. Maybe it is horseshit and maybe it isn't It doesn't change the fact the main reason most people download games is because A. they don't want to waste money or B. They are cheap as hell or C. Just cause they like pissing off the "man".

I just don't understand your notion of "wasting money." You seem to think that stealing is equivalent to "not wanting to waste money," a correlation which is simply beyond my comprehension. But as long as we agree in thinking that pirates do not contribute anything towards industry, it's dandy.

I have news for you: Wasting money is just one part of the consumer-oriented society we live in; it stands opposite the ability to make a GOOD decision. And it's easier now then ever to make an informed decision about a product. The very same tool a pirate uses to steal - the computer - can be used even MORE QUICKLY to review the product they're about to steal through the internet and see if is a worthy purchase. A purchase with money.

No one is forcing them to consume this product, this videogame, so whether or not they waste your money is ultimately up to them, the customer. Don't blame the producer of a non-essential good for ripping you off. Which leads me to my next point...

For example music: There are a rarity of CD's out there were the entire album is good. I stopped buying music *no i do not download music*. Why because out of 12-20 songs only 2 or 3 MAX on average is worth listening to and the rest of the album is full of garbage songs or fucking skits. You think anyone is going to shell out 20 bucks for 10 minutes of listening music you are nuts. Getting away with downloading is not because its free...not entirely anyway. PEOPLE DO IT for the convience and the whole feeling of "you aren't going to rip me off again" I for one won''t shell out thousands of dollars for a damn thing that isn't something a life necessity.

Before we move on, take one more look at the last sentence: "I for one won''t shell out thousands of dollars for a damn thing that isn't something a life necessity." It's so tongue-in-cheek and subtle, so poetic in its contradiction, that I would've laughed if I didn't think you actually meant it. This sentence says, in essence, "I will, without hesitation, steal a product that I feel costs too much."

The reason the "thing" (which I assume means software, since it's appearing in a discussion about piracy) is priced so highly is not because it is a necessity but because it is a high-grade, near-industry-standard, complex, sleek and powerful piece of software. It may not be a life necessity, but it may very well be an industrial necessity.

And what is this about ripping you off? Who is? What artists' CDs are you talking about? What albums are you talking about? I've found plenty of albums that have great content throughout the CD. If you can't find a quality album then that is YOUR fuckin' problem first and foremost, your music dealer's problem second, and then ARTIST'S problem, not the industry's. Music is not an equally distributed arena; there are good albums and bad albums, good artists and bad artists. Music is not a rationed good; if you get ripped off it is your fuckin' problem, because your choice led to that purchase!

And you know what? Fuck your notions of convenience. Your opinions on the worthiness of these worthless items mean fuck-all in a cold, heartless capitalist industry. These products are produced and sold for money, not praise or adoration, and the creator profits: THAT'S HOW IT WORKS. If you don't feel a product is worth the money, there is no rational alternative that involves stealing that product.

And for someone who was is so eager to bust out the "Supply-and-demand" schpiel, you seem to have little grasp of the subject. If you truly believe that the way to spur lower costs and improve quality in the gaming industry is to steal their products then you are beyond help.

Games and software are not a Playstation. Software and games leave the realm of the physical, controllable and priceable once they leave the physical store shelf (or, for some software and games [Steam], the developer's website) and enter the digital realm of the internet. If 10,000 customers download game, it means 10,000 less legitimate unit sales. Even if the developer lowers the cost to spur sales, they are probably losing money on a per-unit basis, at least temporarily. But they'll never recover those lost sales.


BBS Signature
Phantox
Phantox
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:16:41 Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/15

lolwtfmudkips
lolwtfmudkips
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:19:57 Reply

Serphyas,

I'd suggest you leave this topic right about now. If you buy your games/music/dvd or what ever, then thats good for you.

Admitting that you pirate on a PUBLIC FORUM just proves that your an idiot. Whats even worst is that you suggested that real internet pirates admit they pirate.

But alas, for the moral of this whole thread:

Stop Using Torrents To Get Games!

Phantox
Phantox
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:27:52 Reply

At 8/2/10 07:19 PM, lolwtfmudkips wrote:
But alas, for the moral of this whole thread:

gentlemen

Stop Using Torrents To Get Games!

Master117chief
Master117chief
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:27:56 Reply

At 8/2/10 07:08 PM, elcriz000 wrote: I'll just leave this here

its me with dragon age: origins that was BROUGHT

Bought* by your mommy and daddy eh?
The only games i pay for are games made for online play rest i download for free for my own personal use, not like it? i don't give a fuck.


BBS Signature
Serphyas
Serphyas
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:29:04 Reply

At 8/2/10 07:19 PM, lolwtfmudkips wrote: Serphyas,
Admitting that you pirate on a PUBLIC FORUM just proves that your an idiot. Whats even worst is that you suggested that real internet pirates admit they pirate.

I didn't suggest shit. Half the people in this thread admitted they pirate and they'll prooooobably be fine next month.

But you're right: I've heard the rumors. Time-Warner and Comcast have trained an elite squadron of internet commandos to search public forums for software bandits! Keep on your toes everyone.

Stop Using Torrents To Get Games!


BBS Signature
Master117chief
Master117chief
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:38:43 Reply

I will post when the cops will visit me tommorow loool


BBS Signature
Kid
Kid
  • Member since: Jan. 13, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:39:20 Reply

At 8/2/10 10:59 AM, TommySunner wrote: You Will Get Nothing.

You will get nothing... and a game!

Anyway, where else could you find Dr. Kidio? They don't sell this in stores, man.

Although it's not very challenging, since a Kid-pill can destroy every virus on the screen.

Stop Using Torrents To Get Games!


Those who fight Kid only seek to amuse him.

BBS Signature
Mo-ni
Mo-ni
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 19:47:53 Reply

At 8/2/10 07:13 PM, Serphyas wrote:

You really want to throw politics into this? REALLY? In the instance of piracy which is the topic at hand name one person who felt remorse for doing it and didn't get treated the same way as other people who pirated anything? Bottom line wither the system is lient on you in their eyes you will still be a thief. Feeling bad about doing it to many means nothing because feeling bad didn't stop the person from doing it. You feel no remorse for stealing you stated several times you enjoy doing it. So for you it doesn't matter.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it. So entertain me for a bit...

I accept what you say. Parts I agree with and parts I don't. But you if think everything you say is that black and white then you are naive. VERY NAIVE. A thief is a thief wither he admits it or NOT. A thief can not tell another thief not to steal IF that thief continues to steal as well. Are you implying im not educated? Alright since you are so adamant about your stand point.. TURN yourself in right now for piracy and let us know how your situation plays out. It's hard for me not to feel the way I feel about comments a hypocrite says.

I just don't understand your notion of "wasting money." You seem to think that stealing is equivalent to "not wanting to waste money," a correlation which is simply beyond my comprehension. But as long as we agree in thinking that pirates do not contribute anything towards industry, it's dandy.

I didn't say that now did I..i said most people. NOT most people and myself. If I don't want to waste money on something then it means I DON"T WANT IT be it free or not. NOW if I want it and can get it for free legally than I will. A lot of things are beyond your comprehension. I didn't state my opinion on piracy one way or another. I stated my opinion of a pirate criticizing and lecturing OTHER PIRATES ON THEM being wrong (in their own way of saying it). Seeing as how you are one you have no grounds to tell other people they should stop justifying why they do things simply because you are a "honest thief".

I have news for you: Wasting money is just one part of the consumer-oriented society we live in; it stands opposite the ability to make a GOOD decision. And it's easier now then ever to make an informed decision about a product. The very same tool a pirate uses to steal - the computer - can be used even MORE QUICKLY to review the product they're about to steal through the internet and see if is a worthy purchase. A purchase with money.

No wasting money is apart of frivolous spenders who buy things just to keep up with everyone else or because they FEEL they need it. One could say anything that any money you spend on anything that isn't absolutely necessary is a waste of money but that depends on the person. IS that my view no. No where did you see me say because something is a waste of money they should spend it. I know how the economy works thank you. But again this isn't about that....it's about piracy. Other peoples review of anything is subjective since YOU yourself are not experiencing it. I base my decisions of MY OWN EXPERIENCE WITH SOMETHING. Every game I have purchased has been worth every penny I paid because well I didn't spend 50 dollars on it. I simply waited for supply and demand to decrease and brought it as at a reasonable price. Notice what i said REASONABLE! And if you say everything that's priced in the beginning of release is reasonable I'll laugh hysterically. Most things that are priced isn't priced at its true value...it is based of several factors the biggest, how much a person is willing to pay for said merchandise AND how big a profit the company wishes to make. Because If you were to buy said merchandise prior to inflation you will see that the dollar value is substantially different. If you don't believe me look it up yourself.


No one is forcing them to consume this product, this videogame, so whether or not they waste your money is ultimately up to them, the customer. Don't blame the producer of a non-essential good for ripping you off. Which leads me to my next point...

I can blame whoever I want. I own my brain all rights to any and all logical, illogical, accurate, inaccurate thoughts that are developed in it. Maybe it is the companies fault and maybe it ISN'T. But you can't base others peoples decisions on why they do what they do based on your logic. Everyone isn't you. Frankly to me I'm not saying the person who pirates is not doing anything wrong with pirating nor am i saying with absolute certainty if it was cheaper it there would be none. WHAT I am saying is their might be alot less of it. BUT you as a pirater can not blame anyone for anything when YOU are just as wrong if not worse than them. IN FACT in MY opinion you are worse than piraters who make inane excuses for piracy because you think you are somehow above them for doing it based on you saying you openly do it.



Before we move on, take one more look at the last sentence: "I for one won''t shell out thousands of dollars for a damn thing that isn't something a life necessity." It's so tongue-in-cheek and subtle, so poetic in its contradiction, that I would've laughed if I didn't think you actually meant it. This sentence says, in essence, "I will, without hesitation, steal a product that I feel costs too much."

how exactly is it a contradiction? I have no spent thousands of dollars on things I don't need. You don't know what I spend my money on. And no it's not. I said I wouldn't spend thousands of dollars on SOMETHING I DON'T NEED! If i need it then ill take the appropriate steps to purchase it. I need a car which costs thousands of dollars and stealing one isn't something i'd even remotely consider doing. It's called saving up to buy one. IF I WANT IT I'll buy it. If i cant afford it I won't get it. NOW if i pirate something so fucking what...I pirated it. I don't need to make an excuse nor do i need to boast about it because I chose not to make excuses. For you to connect those dots is laughable. You don't know what I'll do in any given situation because you don't know me. SO in essence YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT 'This sentence says, in essence, "I will, without hesitation, steal a product that I feel costs too much." Don't put words in my mouth..If that's how i felt then that's what I would SAY!
'

The reason the "thing" (which I assume means software, since it's appearing in a discussion about piracy) is priced so highly is not because it is a necessity but because it is a high-grade,

Oh please you are truely a piece of work. If anything was priced that way companies would not be making as big a profit as they make. You are ...I can't even think of what to refer to you as right now. If that was the case then you should pay for all the stuff you STOLE since you are saying its worth its value. ONCE AGAIN way to make anything you say about value on the companies part MOOT!

And what is this about ripping you off? Who is? What artists' CDs are you talking about?

They get get a couple of cents on the dollar for albumbs sold. And out of that they have to pay the record label BACK for making any music video related to the album and advertising. The concerts that they host THEY have to front the money for which sets the ticket price which they get. DO a little research on that.


And you know what? Fuck your notions of convenience. Your opinions on the worthiness of these worthless items mean fuck-all in a cold, heartless capitalist industry. These products are produced and sold for money, not praise or adoration, and the creator profits: THAT'S HOW IT WORKS. If you don't feel a product is worth the money, there is no rational alternative that involves stealing that product.

Says the thief....


Thread killer and proud of it :)

Endless-Psychoticism
Endless-Psychoticism
  • Member since: Aug. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 20:33:01 Reply

Looking back at all these comments...
I say the anti-piracy people are fending for themselves. The OP(who is clearly a douchebag and/or retarded) says that piracy is wrong. And I got one thing to say to that: Tell that to the people who sell old games and keep the profit.
Piracy can be a good thing. It lets people experience the old and good flavors of the yesteryear without eBaying it for a heavily inflated price. Hell, how was I to play any of the Postal games? They ain't sold anywhere, maybe not even eBay.

cue a response from some basement dweller/troll saying that Postal sucks.

Same applies for anything software related. Movies, music, even various programs not even in circulation can still be enjoyed. Sure you could get the newest album or film or version of Flash from the same source. But all the anti-piracy pricks bring it up to downplay the other pirates(i.e. the guys who get the older stuff since no one carries it.) and/or people who want to try it first without forking over a certain amount of money.

cue yet another retarded and ill-supported response.

Now, you bring up emulators. Why? I mean sure, it could be the same thing. But then again, it could be something innocent. After all, how is anyone supposed to enjoy any good game without traveling the country, maybe the world? Besides, older systems aren't making a single dime for their companies.

Also, you're probably trying to find another argument since you can't debate over pirating.

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
------

tl;dr version: Piracy is being stereotyped, along with emulation of old(keyword old) games.


Every man's got his vice. My vice: a royale with cheese.
DASHU BEEG PUSSHY
"I fucking fucked this band. They are the best fuck, PERIOD."

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 20:37:57 Reply

At 8/2/10 07:29 PM, Serphyas wrote: But you're right: I've heard the rumors. Time-Warner and Comcast have trained an elite squadron of internet commandos to search public forums for software bandits! Keep on your toes everyone.

bring it man!

High-Dark
High-Dark
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 20:41:19 Reply

using torrents is better to get games

Someone1989
Someone1989
  • Member since: May. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 20:50:03 Reply

At 8/2/10 08:37 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 8/2/10 07:29 PM, Serphyas wrote: But you're right: I've heard the rumors. Time-Warner and Comcast have trained an elite squadron of internet commandos to search public forums for software bandits! Keep on your toes everyone.
bring it man!

LOL! Are they the cyber police by chance? XD


omg I have to think of a clever sig!

TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 20:51:27 Reply

too many games

Stop Using Torrents To Get Games!

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Member since: Jul. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 20:55:12 Reply

At 8/2/10 08:50 PM, Someone1989 wrote: LOL! Are they the cyber police by chance? XD

I don't know but I would like to get a source of this rumor. that time warner and comcast is making a group of operatives to combat pirating.

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Member since: Apr. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 21:00:22 Reply

Sorry, but I'm with Serphyas on this. I pirate shit and hell, maybe if I really find the game REALLY good, I might buy it if I have the cash, to play online, because usually you can't play online with pirated games.

And hell, if it's EA I'm pirating then I truly don't give a flying shit. After I bought The Sims 2 and it didn't work because of some bug they didn't feel like fixing (apparently a bunch of people had the same bug, yet all they said was "your computer can't run this game"..even though most people's PCs were way over the recommended settings), anyways long story short I couldn't play the fucking thing for 6 months so I sold it to my friend.


shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Scary-Kids
Scary-Kids
  • Member since: Apr. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 21:39:17 Reply

I torrent everything else why cant i torrent a game?
(Though i never have for some reason) I'd still like the option open.


BBS Signature
xAzraelx
xAzraelx
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-02 21:45:19 Reply

I would be more comfortable with torrents, many amazing features. They don't cost money

generationi
generationi
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-03 00:27:49 Reply

I've never torrented a game, but that's only because I'm not much of a PC gamer anymore. I got tired of having to upgrade my video card every time I got a new game.

But I used to "acquire" music all the time. I justified it by reminding myself how many times I'd bought an album for only 1 or 2 good songs. Plus, there were many albums I had bought 3, 4, maybe 5 times! I swear, I bought The Ramones "Leave Home" on CD, Vinyl, Cassette and 8-track! (yes, I'm old).

But then I noticed that all my favorite bands weren't putting out music anymore. I mainly listen to independent alternative and punk rock bands, and all this torrent stuff was driving these bands out of business, not to mention what it did to CD stores.

I think the bottom line is, support the stuff you like, any way you can.

Christopher Kelly
Generation i Studios

lolwtfmudkips
lolwtfmudkips
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-03 00:44:53 Reply

At 8/2/10 07:29 PM, Serphyas wrote: But you're right: I've heard the rumors. Time-Warner and Comcast have trained an elite squadron of internet commandos to search public forums for software bandits! Keep on your toes everyone.

Shh, they are on to us.

Stop Using Torrents To Get Games!

UnicornRebel
UnicornRebel
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-03 02:43:34 Reply

Stop telling me what file transferring device to use to legally obtain games!


I wish I was PaintSplat's. alt. account.

BBS Signature
RiuTenshin
RiuTenshin
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-03 02:53:12 Reply

I decline.


i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature
Arctic-Zone
Arctic-Zone
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-03 02:58:42 Reply

Well, I usually dl games to try them out. When I like a game, I run out of money, miraculously. And then I have a good game I got for free! And then my dad reformats the computer. :(


ahaha god damnit i'm here.

BBS Signature
sgtstreb
sgtstreb
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-03 03:01:55 Reply

This is one of the longest troll threads I have ever seen.


Someday I'll think of something funny to put here...

Serphyas
Serphyas
  • Member since: Jan. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-03 05:07:31 Reply

At 8/2/10 07:47 PM, Mo-ni wrote:
And you know what? Fuck your notions of convenience. Your opinions on the worthiness of these worthless items mean fuck-all in a cold, heartless capitalist industry. These products are produced and sold for money, not praise or adoration, and the creator profits: THAT'S HOW IT WORKS. If you don't feel a product is worth the money, there is no rational alternative that involves stealing that product.
Says the thief....

Okay, sure dude. Bravo. Well, you're barely present in this discussion so I'm gonna end it. All you're doing is invalidating my points based on ill-developed, petty personal morals of yours. Probably in the absence of having anything relevant to say.

I know people like you. I'll be walking out of the movie theater loudly complaining about the terrible film I just saw and you'll be that one friend of a friend who scolds me, saying, "Well, YOU haven't directed a movie, so you have NO RIGHT to criticize the director or that movie!" You're that guy. And it's fuckin' irritating.


BBS Signature
EpicWin-EpicFail
EpicWin-EpicFail
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-03 09:13:46 Reply

I don't even use TORRENTS

Psychopathic-Mind
Psychopathic-Mind
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-03 10:22:14 Reply

At 8/2/10 04:49 PM, Guest8792 wrote: This is true, however emulation is 100% legal if you own the original hardware and software.

BZZT! Incorrect.


BBS Signature
Arctic-Zone
Arctic-Zone
  • Member since: Jun. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Stop Using Torrents To Get Games! 2010-08-03 10:24:50 Reply

At 8/3/10 10:22 AM, Psychopathic-Mind wrote:
At 8/2/10 04:49 PM, Guest8792 wrote: This is true, however emulation is 100% legal if you own the original hardware and software.
BZZT! Incorrect.

You have to own the ROM files for the games, emulators are legal without any software on them. I think there are a few devices for ripping ROMs from certain game cartridges.

amirite?

ahaha god damnit i'm here.

BBS Signature