00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

moar modses

2,875 Views | 45 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to moar modses 2010-07-25 12:52:31

It's good to know that more audio mods are being brought in to help sort out what's good and what's bad.

Response to moar modses 2010-07-25 18:29:46

At 7/23/10 10:02 AM, SessileNomad wrote:
At 7/23/10 09:20 AM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Ohshittttt.... How many more promotions are we gonna get, Rucklo? Or is this it for the entire year? :P

Congrats anyway!
oh you didnt know?

everyone gets to be a mod, just wait till your turn

DO NOT WANT

Response to moar modses 2010-07-25 21:56:14

I'm actually a little surprised that Bjra, SineRider and Quarl got modded. They rarely post in the AF, the way I see it.

But then again, they've been on NG for ages and they obviously know a lot about music so in my opinion they still deserve it nonetheless.

Congrats! :D

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to moar modses 2010-07-25 22:08:11

At 7/25/10 09:56 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: I'm actually a little surprised that Bjra, SineRider and Quarl got modded. They rarely post in the AF, the way I see it.

But then again, they've been on NG for ages and they obviously know a lot about music so in my opinion they still deserve it nonetheless.

Really now? Majority of my posts are in the AF ;)

Response to moar modses 2010-07-25 22:08:36

At 7/25/10 12:52 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: It's good to know that more audio mods are being brought in to help sort out what's good and what's bad.

I reckon. With great power comes great responsibility.

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0." | Review Request Club | New Rating System

Response to moar modses 2010-07-25 22:23:32

At 7/25/10 10:08 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 7/25/10 09:56 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: I'm actually a little surprised that Bjra, SineRider and Quarl got modded. They rarely post in the AF, the way I see it.

My bad. I meant "They rarely post in the AF anymore*". What I'm trying to say is you don't post as regularly in the AF as I'd expect an audio mod to.

But I'm not one to judge, and approving audio submissions doesn't have much to do with forum posting anyway. Good luck with the modding :3.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to moar modses 2010-07-26 06:19:57

At 7/25/10 10:23 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 7/25/10 10:08 PM, SineRider wrote:

My bad. I meant "They rarely post in the AF anymore*". What I'm trying to say is you don't post as regularly in the AF as I'd expect an audio mod to.

But I'm not one to judge, and approving audio submissions doesn't have much to do with forum posting anyway. Good luck with the modding :3.

audio modding don't have much to do with posting in the forum. even though it's easier to see what people know about audio if they do post here regularly, and thus may or may not make a good audiomod. in the end, audiomods have nothing to do with the audio forum. they risk getting banned just as any other regular user if they fuck up, and on top of that they risk losing their trust if that's the case - and might get demodded if acting as asshats.

the golden aura indicates responcibility. lmfao.

Wakka wakka

Response to moar modses 2010-07-26 07:06:52

At 7/26/10 06:19 AM, Rucklo wrote: audio modding don't have much to do with posting in the forum. even though it's easier to see what people know about audio if they do post here regularly, and thus may or may not make a good audiomod. in the end, audiomods have nothing to do with the audio forum. they risk getting banned just as any other regular user if they fuck up, and on top of that they risk losing their trust if that's the case - and might get demodded if acting as asshats.

the golden aura indicates responcibility. lmfao.

OK, in that case I have a question. What does it take to be considered as an audio mod? If audio modding doesn't have much to do with posting in the forum, then how do you determine who is deserving of the golden aura?

Sorry for being annoying :D.

BBS Signature

Response to moar modses 2010-07-26 09:07:55

At 7/26/10 07:06 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 7/26/10 06:19 AM, Rucklo wrote:
OK, in that case I have a question. What does it take to be considered as an audio mod? If audio modding doesn't have much to do with posting in the forum, then how do you determine who is deserving of the golden aura?

Sorry for being annoying :D.

What I'm trying to say is that audiomods isn't forum-mods. The only priviliedge they have on the forum is having a yellow aura, which in some cases do attract a little extra attention, but also expectations of the user who has the aura.

What it takes is that you should preferably be an audio-artist yourself, and/or have good knowledge of music generally, as many softwares as possible (to be able to find premade-loops. in many cases you are actually allowed to use premade loops, but alot of kids toss three premade loops together and think they've made a song... building DUPLO music isn't supposed to the tools of the trade, and NG prefers original content). You'll obviously need to be able to critically listen to a song and determine if it's of professional quality (suspiciously good... possibly stolen?), or not.

The forum only comes in question here since alot of people help out and are helpful and MATURE users overall. Being mature doesn't nessecarily have to do with age, but in MOST cases the ones who gets asked to help out are older than 16. Exceptions do occur. (cough cough BBS backwards cough) lewl.

Wakka wakka

Response to moar modses 2010-07-26 11:15:42

At 7/26/10 11:10 AM, Chronamut wrote: haha they'll never live SBB down - but tbh - I think he did a better job handling power and responsibility, and being impartial and mature, than almost any mod on this site.

I thought he was like 22 until recently when I looked at his page.

I guess audio mods and forum mods a like need to be well known when they're picked so there's trust to begin with as well.

Response to moar modses 2010-07-26 15:14:49

At 7/26/10 02:01 PM, Chronamut wrote:
Granted - the majority of 13 year olds should be dumped in a pit, doused in oil and set on fire.

Fixed!

Response to moar modses 2010-07-27 12:17:19

At 7/26/10 11:10 AM, Chronamut wrote: haha they'll never live SBB down - but tbh - I think he did a better job handling power and responsibility, and being impartial and mature, than almost any mod on this site.

I also just happen to be incredibly handsome and intelligent

Response to moar modses 2010-07-27 13:29:04

At 7/27/10 12:17 PM, SBB wrote:
I also just happen to be incredibly handsome and intelligent

As proven by your sigpic, which clearly portraits you and a comment by you.
Screencapped for future reference:

moar modses

Wakka wakka

Response to moar modses 2010-07-27 13:59:55

At 7/27/10 01:29 PM, Rucklo wrote:
As proven by your sigpic, which clearly portraits you and a comment by you.
Screencapped for future reference:

Stunning.

Response to moar modses 2010-07-27 14:09:08

At 7/26/10 09:07 AM, Rucklo wrote:

The forum only comes in question here since alot of people help out and are helpful and HUNG users overall. Being hung like a african water buffalo doesn't nessecarily have to do with size, but in MOST cases the ones who gets asked to help out are longer than 16 inches. Exceptions do occur. (cough cough BBS backwards cough) very girthy.

I fixed your post Rucklo. last thing we need is regular users confusing how to eventually become a moderator. Its a position that requires certain talents in order to FILL the position

Response to moar modses 2010-07-27 20:58:55

At 7/26/10 09:07 AM, Rucklo wrote: What it takes is that you should preferably be an audio-artist yourself, and/or have good knowledge of music generally, as many softwares as possible (to be able to find premade-loops. in many cases you are actually allowed to use premade loops, but alot of kids toss three premade loops together and think they've made a song... building DUPLO music isn't supposed to the tools of the trade, and NG prefers original content). You'll obviously need to be able to critically listen to a song and determine if it's of professional quality (suspiciously good... possibly stolen?), or not.

OK, fair enough, but that's not the case for cast though. Cast only submitted one small audio submission (after getting audio-modded too) and only has 15 audio reviews, none of them with any critical analysis in them.

I'm really not trying to bash someone down or act like my opinion is better than any mod's opinion, besides I'm sure you have a good reason, but I'm just saying that I'm uncertain why cast got modded when (as far as I can see anyway) he only has one small submission and 15 short audio reviews, seemingly defying your explanation of how you choose audio mods.

I'm looking like such a smart-arse right now...

BBS Signature