hahahahaha.... wait.... joke's dead ain't it. :(
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Ngadm '10 Auditions! 2010-09-17 08:15:25

I would like to formally apologize for not being able to judge at the last minute. Time has been fairly scarce for me, I'm juggling my junior year of high school and a part time job as a cashier. The judging slipped my mind completely, and I'm really sorry about that.

I didn't mean to put more pressure on the other judges, that was never my intention. In fact, before school started, I thought I would have been able to handle the judging with school and work. Turns out that I just don't have much time anymore.

I haven't even opened FL Studio in 2 and a half weeks...

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
SteakJohnson
SteakJohnson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Ngadm '10 Auditions! 2010-09-17 16:38:39

How much is a song going to be judged based on its mix?

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Ngadm '10 Auditions! 2010-09-17 16:48:23

At 9/17/10 04:38 PM, SteakJohnson wrote: How much is a song going to be judged based on its mix?

Depends. If you're making a trance song, then it's important that it's well mixed, but if you're making, say, a classical song, then while the mix would be important, composition would be given more priority.

A good mix will get you a higher score, but it's not all that we're going to judge when listening to a submission, and us judges will try and keep a properly balanced judgement of different aspects of the song :).

Also, please post in the official NGADM '10 thread from now on, since this thread is pretty much useless now :P.

If a mod could lock this that'd be great.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Ngadm '10 Auditions! 2010-09-17 17:27:17

At 9/17/10 04:48 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Also, please post in the official NGADM '10 thread from now on, since this thread is pretty much useless now :P.

If a mod could lock this that'd be great.

Thread locked by request.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature