00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is happening to this country?

30,274 Views | 313 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 03:31:12

Religion is a bullshit scapegoat, and it always will be.

Anyone familiar with the Treaty of Tripoli (1796)? Which happens to state that "As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion"

And the constitution just so happens to say ""This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made.

So basically, all those bible loving politicians who like to turn to the "good book" when deciding on how to run the country, congratulations, you have no ground to stand on.

P.S - I'm glad I live in Canada.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 03:57:07

Tom (if you are listining) let me give you a little insight here.

I think our country is run by people who are old who haw farts who still think it's the 50's and women work in the kitchens. "Genitailia peircings!?
Why would a woman do such a thing!? She can mess up the birth process! It's not morally right! Blah blah blah blah."

Okay what these guys need to do is just shut the fuck up. I think women have the compleat right to pierce their genitalia. If a guy can do it so can a girl. Although I cannot find a just cause why a guy would want to put a bolt through his dick.

But I doubt this law is really enforcable. Unless every law officer is going to tell a girl to drop her pants and show him her pussy. I get the feeling that there are going to be alot of police sexual harrasment cases here...

BBS Signature

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 04:43:52

And most everyone who reads that link continues to miss the big picture of the article and the law that was pased....

Do you people really have to wonder why this nation and the world are going to hell? I sure don't.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 05:37:47

Because they're not allowing for the practice of a feasibly idiotic means of damaging your body, maybe?

I harbor a small trace of compassion for those (5-10) people who are trying to make it into the Guiness Book of Records through total number of piercings (where else can you turn?) and have a realistic chance of being able to do so (not that I could ever understand the intransigence it must have taken to carry on with all those procedures and hope to look like anything more than a retarded freak of nature) - but otherwise, no.

What benefit would you get from it? Feeling the sensation of it tearing away at your flesh whenever it comes into contact (like a man's privates)? Yeah, that's practical all right.

The nation isn't going to hell because women can't pierce their vaginas you idiot, nor is it going to hell for ridding the world of a loony despot who murdered thousands upon thousands just to determine the efficacy of his weapons; if anything, the nation is going to hell because nimwits like you somehow keep magically sprouting all across the length of this country.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 05:57:30

Thank God I live in Sweden...

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 06:36:57

What's so bad in that? I mean, how can you possibly f&%k with a girl when her piercings just block the way, dude?

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 06:50:40

Why would women want to pierce their genitals anyway. would make their furry cup look a bit like a brace to me and thats not very attractive is it!
ste!

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 06:53:19

its not whats happening to this country its whats happening to Georgia.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 08:36:17

Oh my god....I'm glad I don't live in overseas...

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 08:36:40

Not that everything hasn't already been said or anything (and stomped to death), but I wanted to give my two cents.

If you're for it (the ban), then aren't you special. I'm sure you enjoy mom's homebaked apple pie every day too. And does she also do your laundry? Poor woman.

If you're against it (the ban), then I'm not alone. Taking in all of the arguements on this thread (Charity, etc's), I can see nothing that makes me think that this is anything but a way to misdirect our attention, and yet still deprive women of a freedom. But if you truly don't want this ban to go forth, send an email, or hand written letter to your congressman (as the writer of the article Tom posts suggests), instead of spammin' here. At least your effort will go towards people who will have some chance of seeing things your way and changing things.

Ok time for bed. Lets hope I don't wake up to a post about WW3 being imminent /roll eyes.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 08:43:43

At 3/27/04 10:26 PM, RavenCrow wrote: If you ask me, it's the religious people who need to be persecuted, not us atheists.

No one's being persecuted, faggot.

Heck, gay marriage was made legal not long ago (everyone knows atheists are gay).

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 08:47:43

pfft this country

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 09:14:21

At least some people posting here seem to realize that even if women in Georgia weren't allowed to pierce their genitals, it's not the end of the world or a sign any nation or state is going to hell. Is it silly an ammendment was added to add piercing as genital mutilation? Yes, but it's not like it's that horrible of a loss for women. People can get riled up over the littlest things and miss really important political issues.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 09:41:23

They can have my genital piercing...when they pry it from my cold dead hands!

Ryan

double meaning.

Blame America for finding one more thing wrong with a person.

How you doin?

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 10:02:14

I think that is fucking retaerded. They should pierce what they want.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 10:04:37

we have the true power not the idiot politions we must get all the old idiiots out of office and inject fresh new blood into congress and white house someone fresh someone whos down with the people

yes i say we elect TOM FULP for president

Dark Kisses In Sweet Places

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 10:41:55

Dammit people, I'll say this again:

READ THE ARTICLES BEFORE YOU SPOUT YOUR RETARDED OPINIONS AND EDITORIALS.

If you'd read any of it, you'd know it was something that got tacked onto a female genital mutilation bill. THE LAW WAS NOT MADE SPECIFICALLY TO STOP PIERCING. I'll repeat that a few times so you get it. THE LAW WAS NOT MADE SPECIFICALLY TO STOP PIERCING. THE LAW WAS NOT MADE SPECIFICALLY TO STOP PIERCING. THE LAW WAS NOT MADE SPECIFICALLY TO STOP PIERCING. THE LAW WAS NOT MADE SPECIFICALLY TO STOP PIERCING. THE LAW WAS NOT MADE SPECIFICALLY TO STOP PIERCING. THE LAW WAS NOT MADE SPECIFICALLY TO STOP PIERCING. THE LAW WAS NOT MADE SPECIFICALLY TO STOP PIERCING. THE LAW WAS NOT MADE SPECIFICALLY TO STOP PIERCING.

You get it now? The female genital mutilation the law was made to stop is where they CHOP OFF THE CLITORIS OF A YOUNG WOMAN WITHOUT ANESTHETIC to promote chastity. There's a good reason why that's illegal. The piercing thing slipped through because the people voting on the bill didn't understand what the piercing part meant.

And furthermore, when they realized what they'd done, when they realized that there are people who willingly go and have piercings for decoration, they called back the bill for review before even sending it to the governor. Most likely, the piercing part will be stricken from the bill and it'll be passed again, WITHOUT the piercing being outlawed.

YOU FUCKING MORONS.

It hasn't even been outlawed since the bill wasn't signed by the governor, it didn't even make it to the governor, in fact. The law wasn't created because the guy had "never heard of such a thing" as vaginal piercings, and decided to make a law agianst it, the law was made to stop actual damaging mutilations happening. It's a good law, there's just a stupid thing tacked onto it somewhere in the process, and once they realized it, they called the bill back for review, and it wasn't actually a law yet. Genital piercings are still legal, and they most likely will remain legal once the modified bill is passed into law.

My point is, read the article and gather information on what the issue is, and more importantly, HOW YOUR OWN COUNTRY'S LEGISLATIVE SYSTEM WORKS before you become outraged.

Fucking apes.

Dead.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 11:07:33

Females come with genitals now?

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 11:25:12

Sorry, I did not realize that there was a post for this on the forum till myu posting got locked.
<- Idiot
Anyway, I completely disagree with this whole B.S. situation. I my self have a Tongue piercing and a Frenum Piercing. It's is not up to some old geezer to just try to take such womens right away from there?
Anyway the people living outside of Georgia can help in this?

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 11:30:15

At 3/28/04 03:31 AM, JewForce wrote: Religion is a bullshit scapegoat, and it always will be.

Anyone familiar with the Treaty of Tripoli (1796)? Which happens to state that "As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion"

And the constitution just so happens to say ""This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made.

So basically, all those bible loving politicians who like to turn to the "good book" when deciding on how to run the country, congratulations, you have no ground to stand on.

P.S - I'm glad I live in Canada.

YES!! thank you! thats exactly it! the single worst thing about president bush is that he allows his religion to influence every single decision he makes, im sorry americans but he has run your country straight into the ground.

I am also glad i live in Canada, the worst our politicians do is waste tons of money :P

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 11:36:16

Down the pan would probably be the best way to say it.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 11:39:59

Read the fucking articles first you retards. They didn't outlaw piercing, and they never intended to.

Dead.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 11:44:39

people in the us like to be drama queens for real, this same poltitan does god knows what with underaged prostituts in mexico

for real

just 2 years ago they made it LEGAL again to use sex toys in texas...

oh yeah and the patriot act elimnates any human rights and freedome you have...

don't be trash people

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 11:52:53

A few points I'd like to make about the whole religious thing:
First off, I'm agnostic, meaning that I believe in the concept of God but have shied away from a religious theology.

Ok, here's what I know:
Absolutely nothing in the constitution says "seperation of church and state" but it is a policy by which Jefferson and the founding fathers meant to further seperate themselves from England in the Revolutionary War.
America will never tolerate an ESTABLISHED RELIGION, e.g. the Anglican Church. No American would ever be corralled into a church and held there at gunpoint, nor have to pay extra to support a state church.
George W. Bush believing in God doesn't mean he's being run by the protestant church.
Elected officials, regardless of how you feel on the election of George W. Bush, have the right to promote policy which backs the interests of his or her consitutents, and Bush being a conservative he has a large religious constituent to appease.
This was a big uproar back in the 60's with Kennedy, when everyone thought the Pope would be pulling his Catholic strings.
Every president who has been elected has been a Protestant or Catholic, meaning that even the presidents you like usually went to church and even prayed to a god you might not believe in.

There's more, but I can't think of any right now. Someone point out some stuff I missed, if you want. The point is, Bush may be choosing what he thinks is right according to his religion, but it's not illegal to do so. Remember, there are som 500+ (I think) representitives in the House and 100 in the Senate who can easily defeat any policy they feel in unacceptable to a free society, which by the way, America is the very pinnacle of.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 11:55:37

Wait... What I'd like to know is how are they gonna check for this?

Although... maybe they passed as a favor for the police... so they can stop random women and get a looksy. ;-P

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 11:55:56

Oh yeah, by the way, Bush has absolutley nothing to do with this.
On the road to hell because of Bush? I thought an Athiest didn't believe in hell?

"Hey, see that church over there?"
"ITS GEORGE BUSH'S FAULT! TEAR IT DOWN!"\
"RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!"

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 11:57:29

Thats so idiotic, they made that decision because they are all old limp-dick politicians, who found out something they didnt know was going on, and figure with their giant ego's can just get rid of anything they think is wrong or immoral. I personally dont care about piercings of that sort, but come on!!!! You are gonna give a prison sentence in Georgia if you have your Bagina pierced?!?! F***ing wake up you old morons!

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 12:16:44

why are they getting into womens pussys what does they care
what a woman does with herself???????

come to israel you can do whatever you want here!!
its not so dangerous like they show on tv
its bullshit

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 12:17:26

You are all a pack of fucking retards if you disagree with what is being done.

Dead.

Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-28 12:18:53

At 3/28/04 12:17 PM, Elfer wrote: You are all a pack of fucking retards if you disagree with what is being done.

Calm down there, Sally. Take a breather, listen to some Enya. Put a little Green Tea on the stove. Then, reflect.

Are we good now?

Ryan

How you doin?