Respond to this Topic
FatherTime89
FatherTime89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 17:07:30 Reply

If its an outrage then woman in georgia should protest. Its always legal to protest and they can't make a law against. Just create a huge rally near the places where the jerks who outlawed genital piercing live and work. Oh yeah every politician is either elected or appointed by someone who is elected so don't reelect them or the people who appointed them.

00vader00
00vader00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 17:08:18 Reply

I agree.

What is happening to this country?

FatherTime89
FatherTime89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 17:09:33 Reply

Yeah...me too. Ive heard some idiot is thinking about banning violent video games (thats about hmm...........ALL OF THEM). If that passes....there is gonna be a Freedom Fighters-style throw down. They will not take my games away. Damned idiotic politicians.

If they ban violent video games I swear to god I'll make their life a living hell.

FatherTime89
FatherTime89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 17:12:37 Reply

I just thought of something what this country needs is ghetto people to run thecountry instead of nit-picky moms and old men who complain about everything cool.

FatherTime89
FatherTime89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 17:30:29 Reply

At 3/27/04 01:16 PM, 2k_rammerizkool wrote: tom should be the pres. at least this country wouldnt suck then. lol. bush is the most pathetic president we ever had..."oh no a woman peirces her...girl tingy! icky icky! i must stop this b4 i am hated for not banning it!" what a friggin dumbass.

I realize that Bush is a huge asshole who bases all of his decisions on what he thinks is in the bible but it wasn't him who made the decision, it was some asshole georgian politician (Bush is from texas)

silverhill
silverhill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 17:33:54 Reply

sort of makes me glad im english.. exept for the whole mr tony is G. W's bitch. yeah.

Priamsheir
Priamsheir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 17:43:31 Reply

Once again, ignorance is the order of the day on BOTH sides of this issue. Everyone is whining "ewww America sucks!" and "ewww I hate America because of this."

First of all, the House of Representitives in Georgia is the only portion of any part of federal or state governments who has voted on this issue. This amendment was an addition to a bill which stated, quite clearly, that female mutilation would be illegal. Apparently, someone thought that piercings were as acceptable a definition of mutiliation as the horror of femal circumcision. This is, of course, false, which means that upon closer inspection of the bill which ONLY NOW, WITH THE AMENDMENT ATTACHED, MUST BE PUT BACK IN THROUGH THE SENATE MEANING NOTHING HAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED WHERE IT HAS MADE IT COMPLETLEY ILLEGAL! Besides, even if Georgia the bill DID pass, it would go the governer who has the power to veto, I believe. Barring that, there are State and Federal Courts which can become involved in overturning any such decisions.

I don't like the law and I think it's stupid, but you people need to study politics before you say "America is hell!" or that it's going there. And you need to read some friggin' articles once in awhile.

FreqDaddy30
FreqDaddy30
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 17:59:36 Reply

At 3/27/04 05:43 PM, Priamsheir wrote: Once again, ignorance is the order of the day on BOTH sides of this issue. Everyone is whining "ewww America sucks!" and "ewww I hate America because of this."...........
I don't like the law and I think it's stupid, but you people need to study politics before you say "America is hell!" or that it's going there. And you need to read some friggin' articles once in awhile.

That is about the most intelligent thing I've heard all day. A law isn't made then BLAM, it's final. No matter what bill is passed into law, it gets changed to fit society better. The bill IS about mutilation, and for those who don't know, NO ONE volunteers for female circumcision. It's a horrible thing that is forcefully done to some women. Look it up, it should be illegal. If it becomes law, then it gets fine tuned. Don't panic all you Georginians, you will be able to get your areas decorated as you want, and now you will be protected from getting that same area carved up like a Thanks Giving Turkey.

This country is far from perfect, but till you visit other countries (in person, not on line) you are being ignorant by saying wich is better or worse. At leaste you can say you hate America with out any reprocussions (sp?)

<deleted>
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 18:02:04 Reply

At 3/27/04 04:30 PM, BladeGunner wrote: Yeah...me too. Ive heard some idiot is thinking about banning violent video games (thats about hmm...........ALL OF THEM). If that passes....there is gonna be a Freedom Fighters-style throw down. They will not take my games away. Damned idiotic politicians.

they’ve been trying to do that for years. and people like that make me sick. if they were to get rid of violent video games then they would go after violent movies, then violent/angry music, then anything that involves anger or violence (books, shirts, etc) until the world becomes like it was in the movie demolition man, where even smoking and swearing was illigal.

CharityJonesThe7th
CharityJonesThe7th
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 18:06:53 Reply

You're all assuming that banning female genital piercings is a step in the wrong direction--that removing a right previously given in this society is a step backwards. I'm not here to advocate one side over the other, although I do hold an opinion on this.

This country, its laws, and its demeanor have changed greatly since its formation. Some have been clearly good--nowadays anyone can vote and own property, as opposed to the original idea that only white males can do such things. Do certain good freedoms granted to all mean that all freedoms granted are good? Just because you can do something, does that mean you should? Does that mean it should be accepted across the board?

Laws are set up to, in their current application, protect the interests of the majority. You go out, you vote, and those who tally more checks on the ballots decide what goes down. I think it speaks more ill of us that we as a nation view that running rings and chains through our genitalia is not only tolerable, but acceptable, than the fact that in Georgia such a law was struck down.

If someone I knew had genital piercings, it wouldn't affect me too much. I'd tolerate it. There's not much of a reason not to. But that doesn't change the fact that I don't think it's acceptable.

That's the point of America. We're here so that people can, basically, play by their own rules underneath the umbrella of the laws established by our government. What that inevitably leads to, and has markedly happened in the history of this nation, is that enough people arise so that their voices may be heard and they say, "Hey! What about us? We want to do this, and you won't let us! Give us that freedom!" And if the group fights long and hard enough, the laws change to accept their will. Does that mean every group with a gripe deserves to have the law changed for them?

This country is going to Hell, certainly, but because while it acknowledges its faults in some areas and strives to fix them, it holds no integrity in the foundation upon which it was built.

Oh, and if some video games get banned due to their content, so what? Cry me a river. There are still countries where if you're suspected of slandering the head of state, you get dragged out of your house at night, shot, and buried in an unmarked grave. Africa is constantly being ripped apart by tribal fighting, AIDS, and famine. And you're whining about video games and women's "right" to shove metal bolts through their vaginal flesh?

chillville2003
chillville2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 18:11:36 Reply

WOW!!! That sounds, to me, like some stupid ass sh!t, dude!

Priamsheir
Priamsheir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 18:14:09 Reply

haha that picture's awesome

Priamsheir
Priamsheir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 18:16:04 Reply

OSAMARAMA!!!!!

Final-Fantasy-Minion
Final-Fantasy-Minion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 18:17:09 Reply

Yeah, its all politics and crap.
Still it seems pretty unusual, even if i'm a dinky-di aussie.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 18:34:44 Reply

this is really insane......how could they ban what someone wants to do to there body....it's not hurting anyone....and up to 20 years in prison...what really sickens me is it passed 160 to 0 with no debate that really kinda tells you something right there dosent it?...

CharityJonesThe7th
CharityJonesThe7th
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 18:51:20 Reply

Well, unless she has some severe nerve damage, it's hurting the woman involved, and there is precedent for banning things that hurt you, or at least trying to regulate it...that's why there's laws against illicit drugs, and minimum age requirements for buying tobacco, alcohol, and getting tattoos.

What does the 160-0 vote tell me? That they were unanimous. It's the deep south--what else do you expect?

Super-Madman
Super-Madman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 18:55:36 Reply

Once again, I hate politicians

For example we have a moron for a president!

mentalis
mentalis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:02:02 Reply

I can see a backlash coming in the next few monthes.

CharityJonesThe7th
CharityJonesThe7th
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:05:05 Reply

We haven't had a solid run of presidents recently, have we? Does anyone really argue about the abilities of Washington, Jefferson, Monroe, Lincoln, or maybe even Eisenhower? Are we going to remember our modern presidents that fondly? Let's see, from present day on back...we have a moron who lost the popular election, a lying adulterer, a movie star that featured in a chimp film, a man who was attacked by a killer rabbit, a moron who not only didn't win the election but didn't receive a single vote, a man who was caught doing what every president does, the man who got us into Vietnam, and a suave adulterer.

Now, I love this country and I'm grateful as can be to be here, but how have we survived this long?

CharityJonesThe7th
CharityJonesThe7th
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:07:12 Reply

Oops. Forgot the first Bush. We won a war with him and loved him, but then the economy went south and we all realized we love our money more.

TaKEitOrLUMPiT
TaKEitOrLUMPiT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:12:41 Reply

What the hell, are you tom fulp ass kissing nerds all insane?
Just because they outlawed piercing womens private areas, which is an area you freakin nerds will never see until you pay someone 100,000 dollars in unmarked twenties- doesn tmean America is going down hill. Jeez you moron idiotic stupid dumbass cock sucking penis licking counter strike playing cheese eating nerds, I HATE YOU ALL!!!

strawclock
strawclock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:14:43 Reply

what is this place coming to? "OH NOES!!!111oeone ME MUST BAN GENTILE PERICING FOR WOMEN ONLY BECAUSE I LIKE LOOKS AT 10 INCH DICKS WITH EARRING IN THEM!!!11poeeonee" what a damn moron he is. i bet he fingers himself before he goes to bed.

Priamsheir
Priamsheir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:32:03 Reply

At 3/27/04 07:14 PM, straw wrote: what is this place coming to? "OH NOES!!!111oeone ME MUST BAN GENTILE PERICING FOR WOMEN ONLY BECAUSE I LIKE LOOKS AT 10 INCH DICKS WITH EARRING IN THEM!!!11poeeonee" what a damn moron he is. i bet he fingers himself before he goes to bed.

"Gentile pericing?"

Christians can't die now? lol. Sorry, if you have an opinion, you need to be a little more careful with the way you present your argument.

This is only a symptom of a greater problem, though. You're actually insinuating that the man has a deviant sexual desire because he proposed something through the state system with which you disagree? That's not only sad, it's ignorant.

The problem here is that people in politics are "getting away" with this sort of thing because people discouraged by the government they think doesn't represent them are not getting involved in it. The government doesn't change unless you get involved. Choices won't be made by you if you aren't in a position to make them. People would rather indulge in alcohol and drug ABUSE (not all usage is abuse, technically), the pursuit of instant wealth and gratification, etc., rather than spend the time to get involved with groups that represent their interests. They'd rather sit here and complain about the way things are than get up and do something about them.

If you don't like Bush, vote for Kerry or Nader! If you don't like Kerry, vote for Nader or Bush! If you don't like Nader...well, that doesn't apply to anyone, but you get the drift. If you want to inform your state of something important to you, write your congressman! Or try to become one! Join a group that represents your interests, like the NAACP, the NRA, or any other interest group. I guarantee if you look online, they'll be places where you can inform them of your interests, or even make a physical or financial donation in some cases (if it matters that much to you.) Get involved, and you don't have to have this type of thing happen in your state. I bet you there's already an uproar in the state of Georgia, and I guarantee those Congressmen would put their jobs and their constituents (voters and supporters) before any policy as long as the voice of the electorate is heard clearly enough.
Elections aren't the only way to participate in democracy.

Haksaw
Haksaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:34:18 Reply

Right on Tom! Tell it like it is! Fortuently, I don't think it'll pass through the rest of the legislature with the current uproar.

CharityJonesThe7th
CharityJonesThe7th
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:42:45 Reply

Is there really an uproar? I honestly don't know--the legislative process of Georgia isn't high on myl ist of things to check everyday. Yeah, there's debate here, but how many people that have joined in on this thread are actually females in Georgia with a bolt to pick?

I do wholeheartedly with the "if you don't like it, vote, dangit" thing, though. Over half of the nation doesn't vote. Therefore, there isn't a real majority ever represented in any election--we know what the majority of voters think on most issues, but not what the majority of the nation thinks. If you don't vote, you get controlled by those who do.

pierrot-le-fou
pierrot-le-fou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:44:42 Reply

At 3/27/04 12:33 PM, Raisin_Muffin wrote: This country is going to hell, plain and simple. Almost every other country out there hates us. One of these days, we're going to get nailed and we won't be able to do shit about it. Sure this country is strong, but what'll happen if everyone else just decides to nail us at once. There wouldn't be a damn thing we could do. If Bush wins the election, that might be what happens. All Bush does is what his Daddy tells him to and that's a very bad thing.

This country needs to open its eyes on many things. Its just getting more stupid by the second. Still people from other countries want to come to good old America. Why? I really want to know why. What's so good about this country anyway? I fail to see what good there is.

Some of what you said is really dark and negative in thought and is also just not true. But i'll agree that the US needs to open its eyes on things. For a country that is supposed to be separated between church and state, a whole lot of current controversies are being fueled by religious beleifs. The gay marriage issue shouldn't be such a huge problem if there was separation between church and state.

What's so good about this country? I don't know, i think we've been spoiled by how good we must have it. I'll have to take a trip round the world before i can answer that.

Priamsheir
Priamsheir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:46:20 Reply

At 3/27/04 07:42 PM, CharityJonesThe7th wrote: Is there really an uproar? I honestly don't know--the legislative process of Georgia isn't high on myl ist of things to check everyday. Yeah, there's debate here, but how many people that have joined in on this thread are actually females in Georgia with a bolt to pick?

I do wholeheartedly with the "if you don't like it, vote, dangit" thing, though. Over half of the nation doesn't vote. Therefore, there isn't a real majority ever represented in any election--we know what the majority of voters think on most issues, but not what the majority of the nation thinks. If you don't vote, you get controlled by those who do.

Well for one thing, this isn't Tom! I know you didn't say that, but someone did. Thanks for the complement! :)

You know that it's not half the nation that votes? It's half of all REGISTERED VOTERS!!!!! That means that all those people out there that aren't registered aren't even counted.
As for the uproar, I didn't mean it here. I meant it in Georgia. And the ACLU will pick this case up and run with it, as will Women's Right Groups. So no one worry, this isn't going anywhere for a long, long time.

strawclock
strawclock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 19:58:03 Reply

At 3/27/04 07:32 PM, Priamsheir wrote: The problem here is that people in politics are "getting away" with this sort of thing because people discouraged by the government they think doesn't represent them are not getting involved in it. The government doesn't change unless you get involved. Choices won't be made by you if you aren't in a position to make them. People would rather indulge in alcohol and drug ABUSE (not all usage is abuse, technically), the pursuit of instant wealth and gratification, etc., rather than spend the time to get involved with groups that represent their interests. They'd rather sit here and complain about the way things are than get up and do something about them.

yes, i know about the getting away thing. i don't vote either. i'd just like to laugh at the ignorant monkies who vote for bush. anyways i won't complan about this anymore. it's just plain stupid. and the government here is prob trying to piss us all the hell off. frickin' government and there brainwashed followers.

OtakuBrett
OtakuBrett
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 20:03:14 Reply

Ah, one of the reasons why I prefer Japan.

ROND
ROND
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-27 20:04:34 Reply

Well im speachless. All I can say is God bless America. We sure as hell need it!