Respond to this Topic
Silverghost5000
Silverghost5000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 01:43:58 Reply

Your right about one thing they can't do that. (I think)

omegafinal
omegafinal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 02:23:09 Reply

This country of the free will become the unfree eventally. Maybe not in our lifetime, but eventally.

blankfucker
blankfucker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 10:08:52 Reply

It's not like I love female genital piercings or anything

i might... pierce now!

uneaten-cookie
uneaten-cookie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 13:33:54 Reply

Mabey they should ban tounge piercing too..LOL. i wonder how he foundout about it

What is happening to this country?

Wolvie
Wolvie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 15:55:02 Reply

At 3/30/04 12:59 AM, Hung-Like-N-Elephant wrote: I have no penor

I'm sad to hear about your lack of penor =[

ComicShop
ComicShop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 16:15:53 Reply

I live in Georgia, and I'll tell you how this got passed with a unanimous vote. Last election, the Republicans sweeped the Senate and House, but REALLY overtook the House. Then, they got a bunch of Democrats to jump the fence in the House, meaning that they pretty much dominate the house fully, with only a few straggling Democrats, who probably can be swayed. So, this is a Republican agenda. Don't worry, it wont pass the senate...too many Democrats there. And, even if it does, the minute someone gets a citation for it, or gets arrested, it will turn into a Supreme Court Case, just like when those two men got arrested for having gay sex in Texas. It will be overturned.

That's why we have checks and balances.

CO4413
CO4413
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 16:51:26 Reply

At 3/30/04 04:15 PM, ComicShop wrote:
That's why we have checks and balances.

I believe it's called judicial review... but yea, your right, it will.

mayonesa
mayonesa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 18:29:10 Reply

judical review is a form of checks and balances

Burkhead
Burkhead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 18:49:03 Reply

Well then, we should vote people into office that agree with our opinions.....

mrjackel123
mrjackel123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 18:56:42 Reply

Im 13 and i stumbled across this article, im not involved in politics at all and this new bill i think is unjust, taking away womens rights, altough i dont really agree with people doin it but its THERE choice what to do with there own bodies not sum rich republicans

Gorelax
Gorelax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 20:30:13 Reply

At 3/29/04 08:16 AM, Dirty_Blonde wrote:
At 3/29/04 06:57 AM, crimsonedge38 wrote: I am guessing that when you say Ageist you mean athiest. Yes, I am an athiest (even though you were not talking to me). Why the tsk tsk? You act as if you know that we are wrong and you are right. You don't, and no one does, so get out of your tower.
ATHIST?! Thats not wat I fucking ment y0u retard. I ment Ageist when y0u discriminate sum1 based on their age. Who said anything about God?! You go being rude to people when Y0U GUESS they ment sumthing? 0mg. Your an idiot.

wow, heres a suggestion, come back when you have a shred of maturity, right now you have no idea what you are talking about, as for crimsonedge, rock on man

charleslightsaber
charleslightsaber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 21:05:18 Reply

At 3/27/04 12:25 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Basically, some politician found out that women had their genitals pierced - and he had never heard of such a thing. It shocked him so much, that he decided to ban it. It passed the house with a 160-0 vote! WHO ARE THE MORONS RUNNING THIS COUNTRY?

It's not like I love female genital piercings or anything like that, but it is a completely safe process that is enjoyable for women, and MEN DO IT TOO. Oh, but men are still allowed to do it in Georgia - that's the best part!

Between this and the whole Howard Stern debacle, I have to really question where this country is heading.

amen to that brother

i'm back with 46 and 2 ahead of me

BBS Signature
charleslightsaber
charleslightsaber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 21:11:50 Reply

At 3/27/04 12:38 PM, IM_KOOL_R_U wrote:
At 3/27/04 12:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: stuff about female piercing
That really sucks. I do not know where we are heading. Maybe because politians are not really that smart.

what policitians should is have a survey and see what the people think about the issue and have them vote on it instead of being little pricks about it

BBS Signature
Chaosnisk
Chaosnisk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 22:49:41 Reply

I agree with Tom 100%. What a hipocritical country, to think that "all are free and equal" when they think they have a say in every aspect of the populations life. Is it just me, or should America NOT be run by someone who was on crack till they were fourty, has a three time criminal record and can barely speak english? (That means you "W."!). I live in Canada, it is great here becuase the polititions have there shit in order (It goes; The people, then everything else!). Our government is kick ass. We have de-criminalized weed (too many people were being hassled when they used it medicinaly!) and we can pirate all the music and movies we want without any fear of being "taken down by the man!".

The Facts:
1. George W. Bush Jr. is the biggest terrorist in the world(he sends bombs over seas every day and takes out millions of innocents)

2. Canada is just allong for the ride. You guys can all go to war, we'll just chill(HA! it's funny cause were cold! but not like steriotypicly cold. it's like nice out usualy and if not we dont care because we aren't pussys.)

R3an1m4t3d
R3an1m4t3d
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 22:53:55 Reply

You know what, i am only 14, but still that is wrong, you can ban genital peircings, but not only on females, thats sexist, plus its theyre body, and its not like they walk around naked all day in Georga

R-Jay
R-Jay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 23:13:15 Reply

That's Wrong.

ComradeYuri
ComradeYuri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-30 23:28:35 Reply

If they pass that law for women....then they need to for men too. Its just sexist...like my school for example....they make all the boys TUCK THEIR GODDAMN SHIRTS IN!!!!!! I am so glad i am going to high school next year.

ladyamphetamine
ladyamphetamine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-31 10:08:15 Reply

yikes...but how would they be able to stop it? are they going to have mandatory checks?

charleslightsaber
charleslightsaber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-03-31 15:31:53 Reply

I agree completely. It is however not feesible. Do you realise how long the procedure of passing bills would take if that were the case.

or a quicker way of a survey could be to just do a random sample

BBS Signature
fli
fli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 03:19:17 Reply

My first post. Hey all... Well this is stupid. The law is getting way to personal by butting in the lives of people as of late. I have a prince albert I love the damn thing (women and some men love it more) I call it Lord of the Rings. I don't think much people can call their thingy that name...

Who cares if somebody seeks to do this procedure... it's not the country's bee's wax to care. I have been with a girl who had her hood pierced. It was very intresting. I gives a guy something to play. She never had an orgasm before the thing and now she gets at least two...

I can understand mutilation done to girls... but genital piercings are another thing.

Halflask
Halflask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 04:34:02 Reply

You can understand mutilation done to girls WTF. I hope I misundertood you. That is a barbaric procedure done without any drugs for the pain.

charleslightsaber
charleslightsaber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 06:27:36 Reply

At 4/1/04 04:34 AM, Halflask wrote: You can understand mutilation done to girls WTF. I hope I misundertood you. That is a barbaric procedure done without any drugs for the pain.

hey if you can't take the pain of getting it put on you should not be getting it in the first place

BBS Signature
CrosisthePurger
CrosisthePurger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 08:05:50 Reply

At 3/27/04 12:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: Ok... The topic might seem a bit ODD, but still, this is just crazy:

Georgia Bans Female Genital Piercing (Associated Press)
Excellent Commentary via BMEZINE

Between this and the whole Howard Stern debacle, I have to really question where this country is heading.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket. answer that and you will know exactly where this country is going.

chaika
chaika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 09:30:35 Reply

At 3/31/04 10:08 AM, ladyamphetamine wrote: yikes...but how would they be able to stop it? are they going to have mandatory checks?

No they were actually planning to imprison any piercer for 2 - 20 years for performing a piercing
However having realized their mistake, the law will make 0 references to piercing

chaika
chaika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 09:35:35 Reply

At 3/29/04 04:39 PM, Xymon wrote: How exacty would they check if a woman had one without breaking her right to privacy?

they weren't making having a piercing illegal! They were trying to make piercing illegal. So the way to enfore it is quite simple, imprison anyone who performs a piercing on a woman. In this case for 2- 20 years. why don't people follow the links and read the story themselves? That is what is wrong with this country. Mr. FUlp is a brillant programmer and entrepeneur and web site manager. And you are also going to take his word on matters of legislation and politcs? It is vital to being ane mpowered citizen of a democracy that you keep informed, check sources.

FatherVenom
FatherVenom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 09:51:51 Reply

At 4/1/04 09:35 AM, chaika wrote: It is vital to being ane mpowered citizen of a democracy that you keep informed, check sources.

Hey the first thing I did was to check up on any more recent news. However there has been nothing since the 25th of March.

In response to the original post I have this to say, after about twenty seconds of vigorous laughter at the absurdity of it all, what is the government doing? I mean the patriot act had some logic to it, but this is just rediculous. Outlawing female circumcisions is worth the legislation, but that usually involves hurting the woman maliciously. People who do piercings never act out of an intent to hurt the person, unless they are very, very sick. Still with all this publicity let's hope some people actually write to the governor about this. Let's see some action.

Halley
Halley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 12:09:08 Reply

I don't know why anyone whould WANT to do that.
But if they do, why should they?

Even if it causes multipul weird desises and crap.

If they WANT to be stupid they can be! they arn't hurting others. (well maybe certain piercing could really someone innocently having sex with the person. but that's beside the point.)

The great thing about this country is you can do stupid stuff if you want!

Besides if ban everything that's a dumb idea. why start with piercing? why not credit cards, and crap like that?

Stupid.

LlamaLlady
LlamaLlady
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 12:57:21 Reply

I suggest that everyone who thinks this idea is stupid (so far every post i've read) should WRITE THE GUY!

Like so-

Subject: Re: female genital mutilation

You'd better be careful what sort of liberties you try to repress. If you go a little too far, it'll give Dubya a good excuse to invade you guys in order to protect the freedom of the rest of the country.
Erin Taylor
Detroit, MI
StuntHornist@hotmail.com
P.S. Ban bikinis next! They give me dirty thoughts, and I'm a GIRL!! =O GOD HATES ME!

BeautifulBillybob
BeautifulBillybob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 16:01:05 Reply

Listsen, our government sucks, and we should get used to it because it's gonna be here for a while, not unless we can help it, i say let true freedom ring!

BeautifulBillybob
BeautifulBillybob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What is happening to this country? 2004-04-01 16:06:44 Reply

oh yeah, forgot to mention, georgia sucks anyway, i live here, take my word for it...