New Topic Respond to this Topic
Rockyusa
Rockyusa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Luau Party Suggestions! Jul. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:20 PM Reply

Looking for a bit of help on this topic. Every year, my family has an annual summer "Luau Party". This year, we gained about 10-20 more people and we are expecting nearly 90 people to fit in our house and backyard, which happens to have an in-ground pool. Anyways, I'm looking for ideas.
There are going to be a lot of 3-10 year olds, but we could use some teen friendly ideas too.
Here are some ideas we have so far. This is also the third time we are doing this.

Inflatable Limbo
Pool (obvious)
Manhunt
Kid-Friendly Activities
Potato Bags
Bowling
Badminton
Let's Play Red Dead Redemption (Some friends and I)

We have exactly one week. Any ideas? Also, we're in New York, so fireworks are out.

At 6/3/11 10:56 PM, BlakeMo wrote:
: I have no sexual orientation
: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAS POTENTIAL TO BE BLESSED BY MY PENETRATION

BBS Signature
zen64
zen64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Luau Party Suggestions! Jul. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:28 PM Reply

My aunt had the same themed party and she hired some hula dancers. They danced and talked about the history of Hawaii and stuff, it was quite fun. So you could try to hire some dancers.

Credit goes to ChrisLovejoy for this spectacularly spooky sig! [Go fab to fight against breast cancer! For the sake of titties everywhere!]

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Luau Party Suggestions! Jul. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:31 PM Reply

Cant have a luau with out a fire dancer!

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
shak3s
shak3s
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Luau Party Suggestions! Jul. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:32 PM Reply

Canibus, liquor, strippers and a really good band. The people make the party - dont invite the local riff-raff.

Piggler
Piggler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Artist
Response to Luau Party Suggestions! Jul. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:33 PM Reply

For teens, all you need is other teens. We tend to figure out what to do by ourselves.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Luau Party Suggestions! Jul. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:38 PM Reply

You are going to throw a huge party with a pool and you still choose to play video games? Hmmm, that seems like one of the lamest and most boring things you can do with that many people. Even more sosince I am pretty sure that game is single player only.

I would eliminate that from the list.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to Luau Party Suggestions! Jul. 4th, 2010 @ 12:01 AM Reply

i suggest a luau theme

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
sumidiotdude
sumidiotdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Luau Party Suggestions! Jul. 4th, 2010 @ 12:06 AM Reply

Get a witch doctor to come and hex anyone who doesn't have sex with you. It's flawless and fits the theme perfectly.

PM me for info on bears Suhm-Id-Ee-Uht-Dood not Puh-Tur-Oh.
Last.fm

BBS Signature
Bluesalinas
Bluesalinas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Luau Party Suggestions! Jul. 4th, 2010 @ 02:34 AM Reply

Here are some ideas we have so far. This is also the third time we are doing this.

Inflatable Limbo
Pool (obvious)
Manhunt
Kid-Friendly Activities
Potato Bags
Bowling
Badminton
Let's Play Red Dead Redemption (Some friends and I)

I noticed how none of these fit the "Luau" stereotype and just sounds like another get-together. First of all, yes, some hula girls, these alone define what an actual Luau Party is. Second, the fire juggler or spinner whatever they're called cause nothing grabs (a few other things) childrens attention like people playing with live fire. Third are decorations like tikis and other Hawiian inspired decs. Fourth and most important (for me) would be the food...seeing how your going to have bowling and badminton, I would assume you plan to serve hot dogs, pizza, and chinese food right? You really should serve some pineapple, spam, or roast a whole pig with an apple in its mouth...but its up to you how authentic you want your luau party to be.

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Luau Party Suggestions! Jul. 4th, 2010 @ 02:41 AM Reply

Make it themed, have a contest for old people to dress up like the crew from Gilligan's Island. Surfing music like Dick Dale, The Ventures, and especially the Beach Boys, will definitely set the mood. Coconut drinks for the kids and more beach inspired alcoholic beverages for adults is fun. Also I would suggest a bonfire, and if you really wanna go all the way buy or obtain tiki stuff for your yard. But mostly have fun and don't worry about it, the good times will come to you.