Be a Supporter!

Dumbest argument you ever heard

  • 32,926 Views
  • 483 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-02 16:13:38 Reply

At 10/2/11 03:33 PM, Scarface wrote: In debate, we were arguing about how the Afghan soldiers are unprepared, and one of the reasons for that point was because they were illiterate, a legitimate argument.

The response: "YOU DON'T NEED TO READ TO PULL A TRIGGER OR READ A MAP!"

There are road and city names on maps, and caliber specifications on guns and their corresponding magazines. But apparently, none of that matters in battles.

I don't know, plenty of wars were fought by the illiterate. Of course you can't say the same for the people in charge since it takes a higher level of intelligence to plan out and issue orders than it does to take orders and carry them out.


ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-02 16:20:27 Reply

If you're attempting to say that being illiterate doesn't completely disable a soldier's capabilities, especially in the modern era where intelligence communications and the ability to effectively relay vital situational information such as unit location, enemy count and dispersal, timelines and other information that requires basic literacy and linguistic skills is king, then you are sorely mistaken.

War changes everyday, and even the most basic infantryman needs to be on-top of his skills in order to remain effective and survivable. Just because somebody is isn't in a command position doesn't mean that they can just dawdle during training and ignore these sorts of things. A CO is useless if the soldiers he is in charge of are incapable of functioning properly.

Being illiterate in the age of military intelligence and electronic communications will get you and your allies killed.


"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
Loiarlyritpyat
Loiarlyritpyat
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-10 07:07:30 Reply

Dealing with a bunch of people who try to act rational but in the end they have put their faith or ignorance into denying what they can't see (radiation) or countless chemicals they ingest and because they are insensitive to the immediate effects or how the longterm ones take time. By extension these confirmed dope smokers like OP in other topic are so ignorant of the effects of the drugs:

increased appreciation or awareness of music; deeper connection to music; increased emotional impact of music
increased awareness of senses (eating, drinking, smell)

(So they obviously just use it to look 'cool')

That it is so hard to figure out that media etc can be perceived in an altered state. Making things sound clearer and more strange so you would not know how it is like in your current mode of perceiving.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1137 107/1

The-universe
The-universe
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-10 10:59:06 Reply

This is epic lulz beyond all reasoning.


It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-14 00:23:45 Reply

"It's ok for commercial airliner pilots to carry guns in the cabin in case of a terrorist tries to highjack the airliner because F/A-18 Hornet pilots carry them all the time."

Well that is a serious misconception as to the overall purpose an F/A-18 Hornet pilot to carry a handgun is not for protection in the cockpit but to be used as a weapon on the ground in the event said pilot is shot down behind enemy lines and has to eject. In actuality explosive decompression is an urban myth however unnecessary a handgun is whereas every commercial airliner has 1 standard issue fire ax and 1 standard issue fire extinguisher one to finish off would be assailant and one to knock out said assailant.


Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-15 09:25:55 Reply

A lot of Christian based arguments, such as "Dinosaurs didn't exist", "Darwin was insane" and "We don't know if god is real or not because he doesn't want us to."


MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
The-universe
The-universe
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-15 18:55:16 Reply

Global Warming is absolutely false because......

Pretty much sums it up.


It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-16 02:18:31 Reply

"No matter what you've done you don't deserve to go to prison because of blah, blah, blah, blah, sodomy, blah, blah, blah, blah, therefore you don't need nor deserve to go to prison nor to be punished."

WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING?! I'm as much a liberal and a democrat I vote Democrat I recycle I support the legalization of marijuana and nothing else of harder value and I just signed the petition this morning however I do eat meat I do eat the minimum daily requirement I thoroughly enjoy beer as opposed to wine I am in favor of the death penalty and am all in favor of sending offenders to jail or prison depending on the severity of the offense and they do deserve to be punished.


Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
Iron-Hampster
Iron-Hampster
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-16 02:32:45 Reply

At 10/16/11 02:18 AM, Iron-Claw wrote: "No matter what you've done you don't deserve to go to prison because of blah, blah, blah, blah, sodomy, blah, blah, blah, blah, therefore you don't need nor deserve to go to prison nor to be punished."

I personally prefer the idea of forced labor.


ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature
The-universe
The-universe
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-16 05:03:47 Reply

At 10/16/11 02:18 AM, Iron-Claw wrote: "No matter what you've done you don't deserve to go to prison because of blah, blah, blah, blah, sodomy, blah, blah, blah, blah, therefore you don't need nor deserve to go to prison nor to be punished."

So does that mean you should go to prison if you're caught smoking weed?

You can't knowingly break the law and then say you deserve prison regardless of sentencing.


It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

thedo12
thedo12
  • Member since: May. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-16 06:33:24 Reply

At 10/15/11 06:55 PM, The-universe wrote: Global Warming is absolutely false because......

Pretty much sums it up.

Agreed, cannot tell you how many times I've heard global warming is false because it's warm in x location.

homor
homor
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-16 08:32:44 Reply

Jenny McCarthy is like a human treasure trove of stupid bullshit, but her worst moment had to be that time she was on Oprah.

"Mrs. McCarthy, every legitimate scientific source says that there's no proof that vaccines are linked to autism, what do you say to that?"
"MY SON IS AT HOME AND HE HAS AUTISM, HE'S MY SCIENCE! I GAVE HIM A SHOT AND HE GOT AUTISM, THAT'S MY SCIENCE!"

Like, what? Do you even realize how stupid you sound right now?

"Mrs. McCarthy, scientists say that dogs barking doesn't cause rain."
"MY DOG BARKED AND I LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND THERE WAS RAIN, THAT'S MY SCIENCE!"

I honestly can't believe a woman who got famous by showing her vagina to a magazine is more trusted by members of our society than actual scientists.

Fuck this whole word, i'm gonna start doing crack.


"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-18 07:39:17 Reply

I have a friend a literal friend not me but I am hard pressed to call him a friend because he can be so tactless and at one point he ended up proving how unworldly he was by going to The Outback Steakhouse and Australia themed Restaurant and he couldn't tell the bathrooms apart the options were "Blokes" or "Sheilas" and he couldn't tell them apart I shit you not! To which many others defended to "Could you tell the bathrooms apart in Japan?" to which I said no but I can tell them apart in Australia because they speak ENGLISH! HELLO! ENGLISH IS OUR NATIVE TOUNGE IT'S THE SAME DIFFERENCE IT'S ENGLISH NONETHELE-ES! And that is a testament to how worldly he is: None at all.

He is a huge fan of Tim Burton movies and I was lamenting that Spider-Man 3 didn't use Danny Elfman for the score. To which he responded: "Who is Danny Elfman?" For those of you a little confused Tim Burton and Danny Elfman go hand in hand if Burton is directing Elfman is composing and they've been together for every single motion picture they have done since the start. And that is a testament to how much class he has: None at all. It's very exhausting!


Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-18 07:48:07 Reply

At 10/16/11 02:32 AM, Iron-Hampster wrote:
At 10/16/11 02:18 AM, Iron-Claw wrote: "No matter what you've done you don't deserve to go to prison because of blah, blah, blah, blah, sodomy, blah, blah, blah, blah, therefore you don't need nor deserve to go to prison nor to be punished."
I personally prefer the idea of forced labor.

If you've broken the law you need to be punished and also need to go to jail or prison depending on the severity and indeed you deserve to be punished and apparently that person was opposed to the very thought of punishment that they shouldn't be punished at all! Do you really expect the justice system to do nothing as opposed to something to punish the law breaker? And that Is why I never associated with that pea green greener that gives actual greeners a bad image the kind that blow up dams! That's why I stayed the fuck away from that person.


Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
eyesightfriend
eyesightfriend
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-18 09:07:50 Reply

At 7/1/10 11:16 AM, lapis wrote: I personally have the "if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear" kind of logic that is often used in (invasion of) privacy discussions pretty high in my list of dumb arguments.

you are absolutely right - in England the average person uses this phrase to allow video cameras etc all over the place - its the dumbest of the dumb logic and resulted in the UK being the greatest watched society in Europe

adrshepard
adrshepard
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-18 17:23:47 Reply

I'd have to say the argument that the attempted Iranian assassination of the Saudi Ambassador was a hoax designed to start a war with Iran. As if Americans give a damn about the Saudis.

Richard
Richard
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-19 00:49:33 Reply

Threats of physical violence from the Occupy Norfolk movement in Virginia if I showed up and did not comply to their rules.

Kind of silly to physically assault someone because a private person is not following your group's rules in a public space.

Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-19 01:18:58 Reply

At 7/3/10 11:53 AM, Bacchanalian wrote:
At 7/3/10 11:47 AM, Musician wrote: Anything written by Memorize.

Seriously, what is wrong with that guy?

Or Warforger! That guy is seriously fucked up and demented and would never last 2 minutes in any military on earth or any other planet in boot camp! Just another ideal quagmire flunkey: Viet Nam, Watergate, Iraq, Gitmo, Abu Grahb and so on.

He called me a little bitch in PM :(

Well I'm sorry you had to deal with a fucker like that and I too had to deal with another fucker like that! But I want you and everyone else to know this:

The only reason people make fun of other people is because they have absolutely no security in themselves whatsoever and have to make other people feel bad about themselves as well. And always are more likely of being themselves than of the accusations they are making. So to them I say: Don't come to me or anyone else with your problems I don't need 'em! There are private institutions for that! People you can pay to make your problems go away and since I've neither the certificate nor the license TAKE IT TO SOMEONE WHO DOES!


Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-19 03:08:53 Reply

At 10/19/11 01:18 AM, Iron-Claw wrote: The only reason people make fun of other people is because they have absolutely no security in themselves whatsoever and have to make other people feel bad about themselves as well.

not the dumbest argument ever but i find its a little overused, especially in the context of bullies. being a dick is fun sometimes. :D

most speciallees on the interwebs.

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM
Heathenry; it's not for you
"calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-19 17:03:23 Reply

people saying that weed should be legal bacause alcohol and tabacco are


Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

The-universe
The-universe
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-24 15:55:19 Reply

Creationists trying to prove dinosaurs and humans existed at the same time by claiming that remains of a Plesiosaur were discovered in 1977.

Baring in mind that the tissue samples recovered from the trawler before the carcass was tossed over board showed that the analysis of the amino acids are only ever found in a shark that exist today.

But hey, who said that creationists ever did their homework? They still can't understand the word "theory".


It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-25 06:53:12 Reply

At 7/1/10 10:40 AM, Amoebaman wrote: That humans have absolutely nothing to do with climate change just because it has happened many times before without us.

Wheres your proof that humans do have anything to do with climate change? I'd like to know.


BBS Signature
Riott
Riott
  • Member since: Oct. 16, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-25 07:03:04 Reply

At 7/1/10 04:02 PM, The-universe wrote: Here's a list:

1. If gays were allowed to marry it would corrupt families, overturn society and bring the human race to extinction.

I know right? How would anyone come to that conclusion anyway? What since gays can get married we're all gonna turn gay, I think not.


2. There's no such thing as a man being raped by a woman.

Duh, it's called mind rape.


3. Prayer healing works because my aunts best friend had a son and her husband was impotent.

Sounds like either a lie or a faulty doctor.


4. 9/11 was an inside job. the moon landing was fake (general conspiracy theories).

Totally, our own government bombed the world trade center because...it benefited them? Please.


5. Evolution can't be proven because of moon dust.

Lol. I wouldn't even know what to say about that. All I know is that evolution has a chance of being proven, which is more than can be said for any religion.


6. The Holocaust didn't happen.

I've never actually heard someone say this, but I've heard it before. Try telling the soldiers who walked out to see the first recorded internment camp that the holocaust didn't happen.


7. I'm right because (insert celebrity name here) believes what I do.

What makes a celebrity more important than a normal person, nothing, that's what.


8. Dinosaurs didn't exist (thank you for that one Texas).

The only reason anyone would say that is because the existent of dinosaurs nearly disproves almost every religion known to man. Poor bastards.


9. *anything from fox news*

Lol.


BBS Signature
Sneeze1
Sneeze1
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-25 17:33:32 Reply

That women should be allowed the same rights as men.

The-universe
The-universe
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-26 14:22:42 Reply

At 10/25/11 07:03 AM, Riott wrote: I know right? How would anyone come to that conclusion anyway? What since gays can get married we're all gonna turn gay, I think not.

I can't even wrap my head around how they came to thinking it.

Duh, it's called mind rape.

Rape is rape, still the same regardless of gender.

Sounds like either a lie or a faulty doctor.

Everytime I talk to someone who believes in 'faith healing' there's always an anecdotal account that's been passed round through word of mouth with no ability to analyse any sort of evidence whatsoever. There was one on here not long ago about a woman and breast cancer.

Because in the world of prayer, religion and miracles, anecdotal is the only kind of evidence.

Totally, our own government bombed the world trade center because...it benefited them? Please.

New world order. I'll ask Charlie Sheen.

Lol. I wouldn't even know what to say about that.

The basic claim is that the sedimentary deposition rate on the moon is not quick enough to indicate an earth any older than 10,000 years otherwise the layer would be much thicker.

Answers in genesis even refuted this claim.

All I know is that evolution has a chance of being proven, which is more than can be said for any religion.

Evolution is proven, there's no chance about it. The only parts that are uncertain about are snippets.

I've never actually heard someone say this, but I've heard it before. Try telling the soldiers who walked out to see the first recorded internment camp that the holocaust didn't happen.

The same thing can be said about 9/11. I dare any truther to walk up to the families of the 9/11 victims and say they're living on an island, or whatever they're spouting these days.

What makes a celebrity more important than a normal person, nothing, that's what.

Go on youtube and type 'famous (vegetarian, christian, liberal etc)' and you'll get an enormous result.

I remember one occasion where someone posted a list of vegetarian celebrities and well known figures. So I (jokingly) posted a list, primarily famous criminals and dictators like Hitler. But baring in mind Hitler was a Flexitarian, not a vegetarian. They didn't even dispute that! They just said he's not a 'true' vegetarian because he was morally corrupt.

The only reason anyone would say that is because the existent of dinosaurs nearly disproves almost every religion known to man. Poor bastards.

Only if you believe in a creation story that conflicts with what is currently known.


It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

ohbombuh
ohbombuh
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-10-26 23:09:34 Reply

At 10/15/11 09:25 AM, Dromedary wrote: A lot of Christian based arguments, such as "Dinosaurs didn't exist"

That's not so much an argument as a (bad) assumption.


The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature
SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-11-04 06:24:27 Reply

A Keynesian once tried to mathematically prove to me that socialism (government ownership of means of production) can work.


The only good mike brown is a dead mike brown.

BBS Signature
The-universe
The-universe
  • Member since: Apr. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-11-06 05:52:25 Reply

Theists, regardless of their education and evidence of understanding will never know what evolution is.

I've just had this debate on youtube. Apparently being a biologist for over 4 decades who regularly debates creationism means they have no clue about evolution simply because they're religious themselves.


It's not the lack of crimes that values your morality but your capacity for contrition.

Click this and one day I'll be worth bazillions.

Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-11-08 01:51:21 Reply

"Reverse Racism and Racism are exactly the same thing."

Well for those of you who did not have the luxury of attending the public school forum at all let me inform you of what "Reverse Racism" is which goes as follows:

Reverse Racism is when a person of a certain race is treated BETTER deliberately specifically because they are that race in which is not racist it is in actuality the very opposite it's hospitality to an individual of that certain race not necessarily a "bad thing" one could hypothetically be offended by such but as far as I'm concerned if you're gonna be nicer to me because I'm either German, English, Irish, Nordic, Italian, French or Native American I won't stop ya.


Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Member since: Apr. 2, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Dumbest argument you ever heard 2011-11-11 02:27:03 Reply

I'd say anyone and everyone who ever came out against Michael Moore because of his movies and these same individuals openly admit to having never seen a single Michael Moore movie. I tell ya writing bad reviews for movies you've never even seen is a high grossing natural product! Just like Roeper!


Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature