Be a Supporter!

Worst FPS ever?

  • 3,301 Views
  • 76 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
FullFistMaria
FullFistMaria
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 10:24:07 Reply

At 7/1/10 05:59 AM, mmmburgers wrote: I think the worst FPS I played was XIII (Thirteen). Seriouisly, this game sucked so much. xD

What was it you didnt like about it?

Killerhammer
Killerhammer
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 10:36:18 Reply

Duke Nukem Forever. That game sucked balls. Rubbish controls, a bad storyline, no character development, and I think that they just reused only 1 enemy model, the "Freedom hating alien islamic nazi."


i'mma go eat me a big ol' fuckin' bagel
(Derpy Hooves sig courtesy of brony ryan)

BBS Signature
martiescageda
martiescageda
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 10:40:16 Reply

The worst one I've played was Hexen for the N64. It takes place in the Middle Ages so is not really a FPS if you not select the magician who shoots bolts... The most stupid thing of the game was that if you selected the Warrior, you fight with iron knuckles; but playing in multiplayer, the others would see that you had a sword... WTF!?

The grapics were awful, just low res sprites running around, the levels were complete mazes, and I never get a hint of what was I supposed to do. I think the enemies were easy... But I never wanted to pass level 1...


Las Vicaventuras.com Home of Resivic Evil, El Gamer Cosplayer and The LPW. Only parodies and funny stuff :P

Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 11:15:16 Reply

At 7/1/10 12:11 AM, BenelliM4 wrote: Turok: Evolution was the worst FPS I've ever played.

And I was going to say Prey...I forgot about Turok.

Rory
Rory
  • Member since: Feb. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 11:29:14 Reply

Haze. 'nuff said.


Dean: Rorys parents didn't give him dancing lessons. That much is obvious.
There are many things I regret, one of them Is asking the above buckfast swilling prick for a sig.

BBS Signature
DrRick
DrRick
  • Member since: May. 8, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 12:37:31 Reply

Darkest of Days was the most terrible fps in my opinion.


Dreams with the concept of prosperity and happiness are premonitions, only then you can decide next.

BBS Signature
KeroKeroMario
KeroKeroMario
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 13:05:02 Reply

Worst FPS was Big Game Hunters for the PlayStation. It burned my eyes.

Seriously.
Superperpel
Superperpel
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 13:16:17 Reply

At 7/1/10 12:39 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: LOL at people naming Halo and Call of Duty for no reason other than they got kicked by 12-year-old admins online and them being popular.

You can't honestly say they're the worst FPS games ever, especially considering the immense popularity they have along with the hundreds of perfect scored reviews. I know you guys hate conformity, but still.

Just because more people play it doesn't mean it becomes somehow better. It just means that more people get sucked into it. Would you say the same for World of Warcraft, or Super Mario Galaxy? They both scored extremely high and are very popular. It depends on what you as the player thinks of the game.

Anyhoo, the worst FPS I've ever played was S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Clear Sky. I hate the shitty white actors imitating a Russian accent, I hate how all the graphics are good except for the gun your holding, I hate how the combat is awkward and not that much fun, I hate how you lose all your money twice during the story, and I hate how everything is dark and brown like a lot of games nowadays. Fuck this game. IMHO of course.


Be an Original

HammerBrute
HammerBrute
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 13:32:57 Reply

Haha, so many dumb haters it's funny to me.


Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 13:54:20 Reply

At 7/1/10 01:16 PM, Superperpel wrote: Would you say the same for World of Warcraft, or Super Mario Galaxy?

Yes. This may be a foreign concept to you, but the words "addicting" and "fun" co-exist when it comes to games.

Superperpel
Superperpel
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 14:13:12 Reply

At 7/1/10 01:54 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 7/1/10 01:16 PM, Superperpel wrote: Would you say the same for World of Warcraft, or Super Mario Galaxy?
Yes. This may be a foreign concept to you, but the words "addicting" and "fun" co-exist when it comes to games.

I never said World of Warcraft, Super Mario Galaxy, or Halo weren't fun or addicting, or that fun can be with addiction or whatever. I was trying to think of examples of popular games you might not enjoy, but since you do think they are fun they weren't effective ones.


Be an Original

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 14:16:46 Reply

At 7/1/10 02:13 PM, Superperpel wrote: I never said World of Warcraft, Super Mario Galaxy, or Halo weren't fun or addicting, or that fun can be with addiction or whatever. I was trying to think of examples of popular games you might not enjoy, but since you do think they are fun they weren't effective ones.

What I was trying to say that stating something like that as the worst FPS ever is obviously someone hating how popular and mainstream it is, so they find flaws that simply aren't there. There's a REASON everybody plays it and thinks it's good. Not liking something is one thing, thinking it's bad is another.

will222222
will222222
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 14:26:40 Reply

I know the WORST of em all

Super Noas Arc 3D

i cant even say a thing just look it up

(its for SNES)

Yorik
Yorik
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 14:41:11 Reply

At 6/30/10 10:35 PM, SloppyMoe606 wrote:
At 6/30/10 10:30 PM, Seventy7 wrote:
At 6/30/10 10:26 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
At 6/30/10 10:23 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Halo.
Shut up, just because it's overrated doesn't mean it's bad.
he said nothing about it being overrated, and yes. as an FPS, it's fucking terrible.
not that MW2 is much better...
Halo 1 was never a bad FPS. Heck, it started FPS' being popular along with Half Life.

FPS has been popular since Doom. By the way, Halo isn't even in the same chapter as Half-life in the book of FPS.

Superperpel
Superperpel
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 14:44:11 Reply

At 7/1/10 02:16 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 7/1/10 02:13 PM, Superperpel wrote: I never said World of Warcraft, Super Mario Galaxy, or Halo weren't fun or addicting, or that fun can be with addiction or whatever. I was trying to think of examples of popular games you might not enjoy, but since you do think they are fun they weren't effective ones.
What I was trying to say that stating something like that as the worst FPS ever is obviously someone hating how popular and mainstream it is, so they find flaws that simply aren't there. There's a REASON everybody plays it and thinks it's good. Not liking something is one thing, thinking it's bad is another.

That's the point I was arguing with - People can say it's the worst FPS because they don't like it or think it's bad, there's not a whole lot of difference.. I think Call of Duty is one of the worst myself. No, it's not because it's more popular or more mainstreamed than what I like, it's just stupid to me. I don't see why it's popularity has to change the way I think of it. Yes, most people like it for the reasons that they think it is good, I don't like it for the reasons I think it's bad. It's popularity doesn't affect my opinion. I don't like how people assume that anyone who thinks a popular game is the worst game ever thinks that because of the number of people who play it.


Be an Original

deathfun
deathfun
  • Member since: May. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 14:50:26 Reply

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

Conflict: Denied Ops
A game on the next gen that look liked a game from the late PS2 era. If anything, B.L.A.C.K. (great game) had better damned graphics than it. Another reason why it was so horrible was the choppiness, the framerate issues, the fact you have a choice of four guns. A silenced Deagle, an M249, a sniper rifle, and I believe a M9. All of these weapons have unlimited ammo, AND THEY ARE YOUR ONLY WEAPONS. You can't switch them up for an AK47 or shotgun. You are stuck with them forever. Online was the exact same way, only those weapon choices. There was no story, no real plot, nothing. It was simply horrible.

It brought shame to the Conflict series I so enjoyed playing

Worst FPS ever?

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Member since: Apr. 29, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Programmer
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 15:03:51 Reply

The worst one I've played would probably be Red Faction 2. It's not THAT bad, it just sucked a lot compared to RF 1, huge dissapointment for me.


shit's amazing

BBS Signature
Superperpel
Superperpel
  • Member since: Aug. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Writer
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 15:03:55 Reply

At 7/1/10 02:50 PM, deathfun wrote: I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

Conflict: Denied Ops
It brought shame to the Conflict series I so enjoyed playing

Tell me about it, I got it for PC and it wouldn't even load.


Be an Original

sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 15:41:06 Reply

At 7/1/10 05:59 AM, mmmburgers wrote: I think the worst FPS I played was XIII (Thirteen). Seriouisly, this game sucked so much. xD

You suck >:(
From what i remember that game was awesome!


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Artist
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 15:43:08 Reply

At 7/1/10 02:26 PM, will222222 wrote: I know the WORST of em all

Super Noas Arc 3D

i cant even say a thing just look it up

(its for SNES)

Lol i saw the AVGN review it


I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
BioEthanol
BioEthanol
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 16:19:13 Reply

At 7/1/10 01:24 AM, explodingbunnies wrote: On Topic : Unreal Gold or whatever it's called. Lame Enemies and weapons, odd graphics, and over all a boring game. Before you say shit let me tell you 2 things :

1. Read What I said above me being on topic.
2. I do know the game is very old.

I thought Unreal Gold was good, i didnt play it but Unreal Tournament the multiplayer Unreal was an excellent multiplayer FPS.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 16:20:37 Reply

Team fortress 2!

What kind of man can take a sniper bullet to the head and survive?

or use explosions as a form of maneuver to reach high points?

unrealistic and too colourful, not enough grey, black and M4A1


my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
xlh2000
xlh2000
  • Member since: Sep. 23, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 16:46:16 Reply

At 7/1/10 04:20 PM, MrPercie wrote: Team fortress 2!

What kind of man can take a sniper bullet to the head and survive?

or use explosions as a form of maneuver to reach high points?

unrealistic and too colourful, not enough grey, black and M4A1

LOL Gotta love sarcasm
Worst in my opinion was MW2. Not because of the maps or guns or nothin'(though part of the reason) but because I did not have a very good playing expirience. What with all the cheap kills and rude people.


X-tra Large Human
Please see MY Threadand please post a comment
Gamertag: XLH nWo Steam ID: XLH2000

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 18:20:13 Reply

At 7/1/10 02:26 PM, will222222 wrote: I know the WORST of em all

Super Noas Arc 3D

i cant even say a thing just look it up

(its for SNES)

I remember that game. It was basically Wolfenstein with a religous skin.


"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
Livin-Legend
Livin-Legend
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 19:52:54 Reply

At 6/30/10 10:35 PM, SloppyMoe606 wrote:
At 6/30/10 10:30 PM, Seventy7 wrote:
At 6/30/10 10:26 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
At 6/30/10 10:23 PM, Im-A-Pirate wrote: Halo.
Shut up, just because it's overrated doesn't mean it's bad.
he said nothing about it being overrated, and yes. as an FPS, it's fucking terrible.
not that MW2 is much better...
Halo 1 was never a bad FPS. Heck, it started FPS' being popular along with Half Life.

I thought Goldeneye, Doom, and Half Life made FPS popular. Don't get me wrong Halo had it's fair share of making FPS more popular into the next generation and practically killing the whole video game industry by making everyone realize that FPS were popular and that EVERYONE should make them instead of being clever and making more unique games that aren't ALL FPS.

Halo making the video game industry being more heavily based on FPS is why I hate it, not a bad game at all, but IMO it helped make the video game industry into a huge FPS mess.

Pessimism
Pessimism
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 21:35:40 Reply

Even though it's not first person. GEARS OF WAR.

Rushing, Boring firefights.


You would not believe your eyes if ten million fireflies fucked you with a rake

ZJ
ZJ
  • Member since: Jul. 5, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 21:41:04 Reply

Dirge of Cerberus

FFVII should not be a FPS.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
darkblackman
darkblackman
  • Member since: Nov. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-01 21:53:11 Reply

Soldier Front.

KeroKeroMario
KeroKeroMario
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-02 01:14:18 Reply

At 7/1/10 09:41 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Dirge of Cerberus

FFVII should not be a FPS.

That was an FPS...? I thought it was a third-person action game.

Viri
Viri
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Worst FPS ever? 2010-07-02 08:07:05 Reply

At 7/1/10 01:20 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Please note, just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean it's the worst.

That means that MW2 isn't the worst FPS ever. It's actually a very good game, 'only problem is the community sucks ass.

Actually no... The community really isn't that bad. The maps, and perks, and glitches in general are what make the game not very
good.

That being said, the wosr FPS I've played was probably Command & Conquer: Renegade.


[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature