Be a Supporter!
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 03:52 PM Reply

has some of the most well-produced and mixed music I have ever heard for an electronic musician - I have been listening to "Pjanoo" for the longest tiem and then recently clicked another link of in in youtube and was shocked by how clear, well layered, and WIDE the version I was listening to was..

you can hear it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbEeJoJ4N V8&feature=related

Shadows is also really good for mastering.. but Pjanoo seems to illustrate it better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oLVJhEvE mM

the wideness is till what gets me though - they actually utilize the back end of the spectrum.. so many of his songs I've listened to I 've just been thoroughly impressed with. All electronic artissts on this site, including myself, should strive for this level of production.

I am sure there are others but I can't think of any atm - feel free to post other artists or other songs from this artist or to discuss this further.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:06 PM Reply

no THIS is a good production. Listen to how crisp the vocals are and how tightly compressed the drums are

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 6/23/10 03:55 PM, SineRider wrote: No, this is a good production :)

I'd tend to disagree with you there - from a stereo perspective that song feels more closed in and doesnt give you that wide open feel - that and it's just a bunch of super reverbed and delayed sounds for the most part.

Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:09 PM Reply

At 6/23/10 04:06 PM, Bjra wrote: no THIS is a good production. Listen to how crisp the vocals are and how tightly compressed the drums are

Shut Up Rd.2 (NG Mix)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 6/23/10 04:06 PM, Bjra wrote: no THIS is a good production. Listen to how crisp the vocals are and how tightly compressed the drums are

pfft don't even bring that stuffi n here - run along little kiddie :P

BBS Signature
Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:13 PM Reply

At 6/23/10 04:09 PM, Chronamut wrote: I'd tend to disagree with you there - from a stereo perspective that song feels more closed in and doesnt give you that wide open feel - that and it's just a bunch of super reverbed and delayed sounds for the most part.

ill be honest, eric pryds stuff sounds stereo but it seems to me like he used stereo presets and stereo vec drums. I doubt he intentionally tried to make his songs stereo otehr than using stereo samples and stereo presets. not much panning going on in his tracks

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 6/23/10 04:13 PM, Bjra wrote:
At 6/23/10 04:09 PM, Chronamut wrote: I'd tend to disagree with you there - from a stereo perspective that song feels more closed in and doesnt give you that wide open feel - that and it's just a bunch of super reverbed and delayed sounds for the most part.
ill be honest, eric pryds stuff sounds stereo but it seems to me like he used stereo presets and stereo vec drums. I doubt he intentionally tried to make his songs stereo otehr than using stereo samples and stereo presets. not much panning going on in his tracks

you may be right to an extent - but even just using stock samples you still have to mix - and master, to an extent. I would love to take one of his files and just poke my nose through it. As my goal is to ultimately have complete knowledge and control over everything that involves the stereo field so that I can basically take any concept I cook up and inject it into a song.

BBS Signature
Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:18 PM Reply

At 6/23/10 04:15 PM, Chronamut wrote: you may be right to an extent - but even just using stock samples you still have to mix - and master, to an extent. I would love to take one of his files and just poke my nose through it. As my goal is to ultimately have complete knowledge and control over everything that involves the stereo field so that I can basically take any concept I cook up and inject it into a song.

Yeah he prolly chose a stereo piano vst, a nice stereo reverb, stereo delay, and the drum samples sound stereo. the effects use also sound nice and stereo. but I imagine this is a symptom of choosing stereo effects, not actually mixing and recording he stuff himself.

if you want to sound stereo, choose stereo samples. You can "make" mono signals stereo effectively. When you wanted something in stereo, you have to dual mic it. when electronic music came out it tended to be very mono because most vsts and synths were mono. eventually tho, sample companies began releasing wide drum samples, and vst makers started released vst synths with wide stereo sounds.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:22 PM Reply

At 6/23/10 04:18 PM, Bjra wrote:
if you want to sound stereo, choose stereo samples. You can "make" mono signals stereo effectively. When you wanted something in stereo, you have to dual mic it. when electronic music came out it tended to be very mono because most vsts and synths were mono. eventually tho, sample companies began releasing wide drum samples, and vst makers started released vst synths with wide stereo sounds.

yeah I know.. I wish I cuould submit 4-channel stuff to this site, sa I am capable of recording in 4-channel stereo - ah well.

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:44 PM Reply

lol, Eric Prydz.

Eric Prydz..

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:52 PM Reply

Klaas > Eric Prydz

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

S3C
S3C
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 05:08 PM Reply

a bit off tangent, but what better opportunity to post this?

Eric Prydz..

If your work isn't worth fighting for, it's not worth uploading on NG, period. (JrHager84)

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 6/23/10 04:52 PM, Envy wrote: Klaas > Eric Prydz

Lol, someone needs to learn what good music is.

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 05:19 PM Reply

u mad? Actually it aint easy to achieve that sound. Go on try it :)

Offgore
Offgore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 05:32 PM Reply

Fuck Eric.

BASSHUNTER IS WHERE IT'S AT !!!

DJRAV3N
DJRAV3N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 06:24 PM Reply

wolfgang gartner > Eric Prydz & Klaas

I Am L3O, I Am the only Me there is Nobody Else
L3O's Soundcloud
Reverbnation

TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 08:13 PM Reply

GOGOL BORDELLO! DADADADADADADADADADA

OR

Tarzan Boy - Baltimoria!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
meneldil
meneldil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 08:13 PM Reply

Fuck yes Ulrich Schnauss.

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 23rd, 2010 @ 11:36 PM Reply

lol this thread has become a cesspool of everyone thinking they know better of what great music is - you all FAIL!

BBS Signature
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 12:39 AM Reply

At 6/23/10 06:24 PM, DJRAV3N wrote: wolfgang gartner > Eric Prydz & Klaas

undertaker = wolfgang gartners only good song the rest is just random rifraff, klaas is consistent, crazy paris = amazing

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

Gravey
Gravey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 01:26 AM Reply

At 6/23/10 11:36 PM, Chronamut wrote: lol this thread has become a cesspool of everyone thinking they know better of what great music is - you all FAIL!

Technically you started this cesspool with your own comments about how some guy you found online is awesome. When in truth the original post has nothing to do with audio production or creation like this forum is intended for.

Basically what I'm saying is, you made your bed. Now you gotta lie in it.

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 01:38 AM Reply

this thread is a shit ton of gossip.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Artist
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 02:50 AM Reply

At 6/24/10 01:26 AM, Gravey wrote:
At 6/23/10 11:36 PM, Chronamut wrote: lol this thread has become a cesspool of everyone thinking they know better of what great music is - you all FAIL!
Technically you started this cesspool with your own comments about how some guy you found online is awesome. When in truth the original post has nothing to do with audio production or creation like this forum is intended for.

Basically what I'm saying is, you made your bed. Now you gotta lie in it.

not true - this thread was to discuss other artists and discuss how they incorporated awesome production techniques - you peeps just cant READ >:(

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 08:09 AM Reply

Eric Prydz has some amazing production skills. Also check out his alias, Cirez D. Great stuff.

New tune: Yag

DJRAV3N
DJRAV3N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 6/24/10 12:39 AM, Envy wrote:
At 6/23/10 06:24 PM, DJRAV3N wrote: wolfgang gartner > Eric Prydz & Klaas
undertaker = wolfgang gartners only good song the rest is just random rifraff, klaas is consistent, crazy paris = amazing

Yea but im sick and tired of hearing Klaas. Everybody that wants to produce electro house ussualy end up using his style or the infinity bass, hell even manian and mayth are quilty with their project's Spencer & Hill and Dave darrell. Wolfgang brings something new and diffrent plus his sounds are amazing. Im going to give it a couple of years before we see something truly amazing but he has the potential.

I Am L3O, I Am the only Me there is Nobody Else
L3O's Soundcloud
Reverbnation

djInTheDark
djInTheDark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 12:30 PM Reply

Guetta > all you mofos

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.
Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Eric Prydz.. Jun. 24th, 2010 @ 12:48 PM Reply

At 6/24/10 12:30 PM, djInTheDark wrote: Guetta > all you mofos

trolololo