00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

practicing with photoshop

2,406 Views | 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

practicing with photoshop 2010-06-23 11:13:38

i usually draw in a sort of comic stile (check my profile), but for the robot day i decided to expand my art skills and tried to make something different. this is just a work in progress and i'm doing it just to improve myself in this branch of digital art; that's the reason of my topic, can you give me some useful tips (brushes size, transparency, useful tools etc), because i've never drawn this way and i'd like to enter this world.

Bringing the fun in funeral.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-23 15:14:59

you drew that in photoshop?, nice done!

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-23 15:18:51

here's a more developed pic

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-23 15:20:22

any suggestions for the hand?

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-23 16:25:32

Looks like your doing pretty well by yourself. for the hand I suggest getting your hands on a reference (haha pun). try to find one on google or take a picture of your own hand.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-23 16:32:01

At 6/23/10 04:25 PM, J-qb wrote: Looks like your doing pretty well by yourself. for the hand I suggest getting your hands on a reference (haha pun). try to find one on google or take a picture of your own hand.

thanks but i'm talking about the shape (uncovered circuits, gears, etc). gimme some ideas i can work on please.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-23 16:38:18

If you are doing this for robot day, maybe you could do a robot claw for a hand or something. I like the style, how did you do the textures?

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-23 17:04:52

At 6/23/10 04:38 PM, PikaRobo wrote: If you are doing this for robot day, maybe you could do a robot claw for a hand or something. I like the style, how did you do the textures?

what do you mean? i made it freehand, using different layers and regulating the brushes transparency . thanks for the advice, i was thinking about it, but i think it's hard to hold a syringe with a claw. also, i need your help, could you be a bit more specific? i know it's hard to describe a thing like this, but i grant it, all your advices will be examinated and appreciate.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-23 17:06:32

appreciate.

appreciated.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-23 19:19:54

here's a more updated pic. do you like the hand? i'm working on it, because owing to all those dark outline the focus point has moved and it seems like another subject hand.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-25 14:19:02

added some light effects and worked on focus points

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-26 13:33:51

finished the hand.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-26 14:59:08

At 6/26/10 01:33 PM, xTY3x wrote: finished the hand.

Way too soft! Too much blur. It looked better when you had the harder, darker lines... that gave it more definition and distinction between the objects and materials. Right now everything seems to be the same... but, I'm confused... is that the robot's hand? (if so, the angles off) Or is it another robot coming at him?

The liquid content of the syringe looks really great, but the perspective of the vile itself is off. The curve below where the needle attaches is too rounded... and the lighting isn't consistent (or maybe that's not done?) ...and the position of the needle and the eye is awkward... nudging the hand/needle over one way or the other might help (preferably so it's over the eye... or adjust the angle if it's his own hand so it's off his face all together).

I like the color choice and lighting ...really adds a creepy vibe. Just bump up the contrast and ease up on that blur tool! ;)

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-26 15:24:23

At 6/26/10 02:59 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Way too soft! Too much blur. It looked better when you had the harder, darker lines... that gave it more definition and distinction between the objects and materials. Right now everything seems to be the same... but, I'm confused... is that the robot's hand? (if so, the angles off) Or is it another robot coming at him?

The liquid content of the syringe looks really great, but the perspective of the vile itself is off. The curve below where the needle attaches is too rounded... and the lighting isn't consistent (or maybe that's not done?) ...and the position of the needle and the eye is awkward... nudging the hand/needle over one way or the other might help (preferably so it's over the eye... or adjust the angle if it's his own hand so it's off his face all together).

I like the color choice and lighting ...really adds a creepy vibe. Just bump up the contrast and ease up on that blur tool! ;)

i decided to give that blur effect because of the focus point: without it the hand seems like another robot one, wich isn't. i don't get the comment on the eye and the needle. what do you mean? also i don't think the hand angle is wrong, try watching at your hand in that position and imagine to watch it slightly from below. it's a WIP so i'll probably come back on some elements. thanks for giving me your opinion.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-26 15:54:44

...the hand DOES seem like that of another robot. That or his arm is super long... but he's a robot, so who knows.

I was referring to the position of the needle in relation to the eye, but you seem to have it all planned out, so never mind.

Good luck :)

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-26 19:56:37

At 6/26/10 03:54 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...the hand DOES seem like that of another robot. That or his arm is super long... but he's a robot, so who knows.

actually the wrist is bended towards him, so it doesn't need to be super long. anyway thank you for wasting your time making doodle for a person who is too absorbed in himself to accept right advices.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-29 17:47:24

the bot is almost finished, now i'm thinking about the background light. do you have any suggestion? also i made two version of the bot, what do you prefere?

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-29 17:49:05

and here's the second one.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-29 17:57:56

At 6/29/10 05:47 PM, xTY3x wrote: what do you prefere?

The two-eyed version looks creepier and better to me. Dunno why, maybe because human-like traits make robots scarier.

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-29 18:27:06

At 6/29/10 05:57 PM, Luwano wrote:
The two-eyed version looks creepier and better to me. Dunno why, maybe because human-like traits make robots scarier.

i do agree with you, i was just checking out.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-30 02:42:23

Looks quite fantastic

X-tra Large Human

Please see MY Threadand please post a comment

Gamertag: XLH nWo Steam ID: XLH2000

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-30 05:12:28

Whoa...That looks really nice man. I wonder how you did that. Real good job.

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-30 13:02:04

here are the final versions, wich one do you prefere?

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-30 13:03:26

second version

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-30 13:05:09

third

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-30 13:06:21

fourth

My Art Thread

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-30 14:57:41

Fifth

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-30 16:02:11

At 6/30/10 02:57 PM, hippl5 wrote: Fifth

I dont know where this came from; but as far as illustrating how the light should be; I`d choose this one... I.e show a bit of wall and ceiling; and maybe some more light on his shoulders/head.
Otherwise; 1

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-30 16:06:57

Third or fourth personally. Looks fantastic!

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS

8=================================>

...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature

Response to practicing with photoshop 2010-06-30 16:51:26

At 6/30/10 04:02 PM, J-qb wrote: I dont know where this came from; but as far as illustrating how the light should be; I`d choose this one... I.e show a bit of wall and ceiling; and maybe some more light on his shoulders/head.
Otherwise; 1

i was thinking about color saturation, but then i decided to go for a softer version, wich is in contrast with the creeping nature of the bot. i'll probably take your advice about the walls and the ceiling.

My Art Thread

BBS Signature