00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nathan's Documentary and Sumo

28,904 Views | 95 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:29:20

Here is something VERY VERY great that you can donate to and I'm confident we can reach the $12k goal: Nathan's NG documentary!!!!

Over the past year, Nathan has sold hand-made plush dolls in our store to raise money for his documentary, but with the rising success of Kickstarter, he finally has the opportunity to raise some serious money! He needs this money to cover the travel and production costs associated with all the people he wants to talk to. You will be doing a very amazing thing for Nathan as well as for NG if you donate. Thanks in advance to anyone who pitches in! Donating $100 or more scores you a tour of the NG office (you have to get yourself here though).

Don't miss your chance to participate in the June Monthly Writing Contest, with a theme of cinematic combat.

The ATLANTA MEETUP IS THIS WEEKEND!

Also remember Robot Day is July 10th and EVERYONE (artists, programmers, musicians, voice actors, writers) can participate and win prizes! Mindchamber has posted a bunch of updates on where to participate with art, audio and writing. You can also see the original announcement. Or to summarize:

Robot Day Audio Thread
Robot Day Writing Thread
Robot Day Art Thread

Don't miss out, it should be fun!

Speaking of fun... We got new Sumo beanbag chairs!

Back in 2006, Sumo sent us Omni beanbags in exchange for a plug.

A bunch of you guys bought stuff from Sumo, Sumo was pleased and we loved our beanbags, so in 2008 we got some Sultan beanbags and plugged those!

New for 2010, Sumo has unveiled the Sway Single and the Sway Couple. We asked if we could snag a few for the NG office and they are AWESOME! Especially the Sway Couple, which is a very comfortable way to hang out and watch movies / play games. It's got the coziness of a traditional beanbag but has a curved back that gives you great support when sitting, so it's like a hybrid between a couch and a beanbag chair. I wouldn't keep doing these shameless plugs if we didn't love Sumo beanbags and want to keep getting more of them for the office. GO TREAT YOURSELF, you deserve nice things!

Here is a picture of sys-admin Tim enjoying the Sway Couple:

Nathan's Documentary and Sumo

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:30:23

Thats actually pretty cool. Too bad I'm broke and have no way to donate.

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:33:08

Good luck, Nathan. I'm sure it'll turn out great.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:33:52

Shame they don't seem to be available in Sumo's UK store yet.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:35:42

Hmm, donating more than $100 for a tour of the NG office? Tempting... Can't wait for Robot Day too.

By the way, Tim looks like he lacks sleep. :c

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:37:00

why isn't mindchamber or someone sitting in the chair with him

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:39:41

Good luck to Nathan! Now, I want some beanbag chairs.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:39:47

Tim reminds me of a schizophrenic Syd Barrett.

98 YEAR OLD REFRIGERATOR // without [BBQ sauce], life would be a mistake.

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:41:13

i would love a tour of my desk. also first post

None

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:41:37

At 6/22/10 12:37 PM, Starogre wrote: why isn't mindchamber or someone sitting in the chair with him

Three words. Pay per view.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:41:53

Good luck, hope you reach the goal.

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio

Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:45:33

Why exactly does he need so much money

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:50:29

At 6/22/10 12:45 PM, Emanhattan wrote: Why exactly does he need so much money

Making a documentary isn't exactly free. Especially if you need to do a lot of traveling.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 12:50:49

At 6/22/10 12:45 PM, Emanhattan wrote: Why exactly does he need so much money

I'm guessing its for living expenses, so he can work on the movie every day without interruptions.

No matter what your weaknesses are, make sure your own abilities supersede them.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:01:53

and when will you fix the art reviews?

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:02:51

Maybe I'll donate $99.99 for the lulz.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:03:08

At 6/22/10 01:01 PM, armydanywolf wrote: and when will you fix the art reviews?

In the redesign.

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:03:18

At 6/22/10 01:02 PM, Salnax wrote: Maybe I'll donate $99.99 for the lulz.

DO IT

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:03:49

Atlanta meet up is this weekend... just an FYI

Also, I donated. Hope it helps.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:07:53

At 6/22/10 01:03 PM, ForNoReason wrote: Atlanta meet up is this weekend... just an FYI

Added to the post... Sorry I didn't think to put that in! I keep wanted to make the trip down for that but I just spent a week away from family and it seems too soon to run away again. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:11:38

At 6/22/10 01:07 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/22/10 01:03 PM, ForNoReason wrote: Atlanta meet up is this weekend... just an FYI
Added to the post... Sorry I didn't think to put that in! I keep wanted to make the trip down for that but I just spent a week away from family and it seems too soon to run away again. :(

I understand. Maybe next year we can work it out. However, I think it might be in Savannah instead of Atlanta. Ill figure out the details when I get back from Iraq =p Thanks bunches!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:11:45

Newgrounds needs some kind of "Bank Account" system. It'd be cool if my ad revenue could go towards things like Store purchases and donations. You could even set up a "Donations" section that you update whenever something like this happens. If you did that, with the click of a button I could donate some of my ad money without waiting for a check to arrive in the mail.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:17:19

I say. We all donate 100 bucks,
and all take the tour
and just not leave.
if theres enough of us, its not like they can throw us out.
Strength in numbers

and I liek loitering.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:26:00

i can't send money or buy fancy chairs but i can clcik on ads repeatedly or just click on Nathans page(repeatedly) 200 clicks should do it......

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:38:09

At 6/22/10 01:11 PM, Archon68 wrote: Newgrounds needs some kind of "Bank Account" system. It'd be cool if my ad revenue could go towards things like Store purchases and donations. You could even set up a "Donations" section that you update whenever something like this happens. If you did that, with the click of a button I could donate some of my ad money without waiting for a check to arrive in the mail.

This is a fantastic idea. Listen to this man.

It would be cool to set something up where you could choose whether or not your revenue could go directly to a certain charity. I know that their's that charity account already, but I mean directly. Not waiting for a check.

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:48:19

At 6/22/10 01:38 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote:

It would be cool to set something up where you could choose whether or not your revenue could go directly to a certain charity. I know that their's that charity account already, but I mean directly. Not waiting for a check.

Well with the way the system is, checks only get sent out when they reach the $50 mark. Also there are several charity accountsavailable to make donations via the ad revenue system. Also, if people want to make donations to Nathan via ad rev I am sure they can PM him and get his OK. Then just attach his account to any game/movie you want. It might take long to get to the $50 mark, but the more people that contribute, the quicker the money is earned. I think trying to set up a "direct deposit" system for certain accounts and/or businesses could get difficult and there might be licensing involved on some level. Not that I don't think it is an awesome idea, it might just be too difficult to execute.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 13:54:37

Tom, are you planning to redo the skin on Newgrounds for Robot Day? You should do some little thing where it filters words in reviews and what not with **BLIP** **BLEEP** **BLOP**... hehe.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 14:08:20

At 6/22/10 01:59 PM, Chaz wrote: I'm all for the documentary because it looks really good but the donation rewards are lame as far as Kickstarters go =(

I'm struggling to understand your logic. A return flight from, say, Australia will cost around $2,000. So if some Australian donates $2,500 to a START UP (i.e. a company or initiative that requires money to get off the ground), they should then expect the guy behind the start up to stump up the cost of a flight, effectively making it a $500 donation?

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 14:10:28

AH DAMN. They got my picture.

But in all seriousness.
I really would donate.

and loiter at the office,
but alas I have no money.

Time to make a hit and put alot of ads and do that ad rev share with fulp idea.

Response to Nathan's Documentary and Sumo 2010-06-22 14:28:00

hey why you don't make a film about the newgrounds???????