00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snooze34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Ideas For Sonic Games...?

6,157 Views | 68 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-08-04 18:39:50

At 8/4/10 05:46 PM, shadowwalker15 wrote: Yeah, hardcore... Right
Didn`t you think it`s a Mega Rip-off shit stuff?
First, the Dark Sonic?, Rocket Shoes? Gun? Aliens?
Totally 'Shadow the Hedgehog' game ripoff
Also, the Super Saiyans are DBZ Ripoff.
Come on people make up something original for a change, all I hear is old stuff repeated a hundred times, or Ripoff stuff, like Sonichu.

You do realize that he was really talking about Shadow the Hedgehog, and it was all a joke? HERP DERP

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-08-05 09:18:50

OK, how's this for an original game...
Sonic gets captured by a rouge Metal Sonic, and this time it's not Dr. Eggman's fault. Metal Sonic causes lots of destruction to the planet with his army of robots, and Eggman is distraught because his creation is no longer loyal to him, and his dream of taking over the world will not come true if Metal Sonic destroys it. Eggman thus decides to help the remaining heroes by teaming up with them, supplying them with equipment and weapons. Here's a list of the character's roles...

Doctor Eggman/Robotnik will be a supporting character, who can supply you with upgrades for your characters. Upgrades will include more health, better damage, tech, and new combat moves.

Tails, being the genius he is, stays behind to help the Doctor with the upgrades. Players will get to play as Tails in certain areas, as he comes in a large battle mech that he has created. This would be more of a first person shooter, think Chrome Hounds combined with the Sonic Universe.

Knuckles travels the planet with Rouge to find the Chaos Emeralds. This will be more of a 3D platformer, with a boss robot guarding each Chaos Emerald.

Shadow, feeling that it is his duty to protect the planet and keep his promise to Maria, goes straight for Metal Sonic and his army. His goal is to destroy Metal Sonic, free the "Faker", and rub it in his face.

Amy tags along with Shadow to save Sonic. Shadow and Amy gameplay will be similar to the gameplay of the God of War series. (Insert ShadAmy here)

Sonic eventually breaks free of his confinement and starts destroying Metal Sonic's base from the inside out. This would be more along the lines of a Splinter Cell/Assassin's Creed game, but sped up. At the end of the game, Knuckles and Rouge give him the Emeralds, allowing him to go Super and beat Metal Sonic.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-08-05 11:55:34

They should finally let you play as some one else besides sonic. The last game where you can play as tails was like in 2007 I think. They should add unlockable characters

BBS Signature

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-08-05 19:55:01

At 8/5/10 11:55 AM, Domo wrote: They should finally let you play as some one else besides sonic. The last game where you can play as tails was like in 2007 I think. They should add unlockable characters

The only games I can think of where you get to play as the other characters are the 3rd party and racing games.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-08-06 09:15:46

At 8/6/10 07:08 AM, shadowwalker15 wrote:
This is a somewhat good idea, finally!

Thanks.

Everything was originally and good, but did you have to shit all up in the end?

Well, I always wanted a game that changed the gameplay mechanics everytime you switch characters. And I cling to cliches, like the captured hero never truly remains captured.

If something is like some other game, for example what you mentioned, that means it is a ripoff.

Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Ok, but since you only made the end shitty ripoff, I guess I could give you a bit credit for the other stuff, that was really well thought.

Come to think of it, stealth isn't really Sonic's style, maybe Shadow's. Perhaps there should be a swimming level just for Sonic.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-08-06 10:26:30

Shadow the hedgehog 2: With more fun and fast paced gameplay.

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!

It's alot more beautiful than it sounds.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-08-07 12:17:26

At 6/16/10 07:27 PM, KeroKeroMario wrote: Here's an idea: no more new ideas. Seriously, every Sonic game for the past decade and a half went with a form of a "new idea." The Werehog was one of those ideas.

My advice to Sega: stop being idealistic.

/thread. Sonic needs to go back to basics, like in the Genesis games. That's what made him great, and Sonic 4 will prove that that's the only thing that will keep him great. And that's just gameplay. New characters, I'd say from Cream onward, need to go too. It's like cramming fifty characters into a dating sim and expecting you to be able to romance all of them: You're gonna get confused, and your experience will be a bad one.

Pardon the analogy, I've only played one dating sim in my life, that was just a comparison and in no way am I saying that Sonic is like a dating sim.
I have a feeling I'll actually need that disclaimer.

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-08-07 12:21:31

At 7/1/10 01:03 AM, joe9320 wrote: There should be a Sonic game that should only have Amy, Tails, Knuckles, Sonic, Rouge (?), Shadow (?) and Dr. Eggman. Also, stylise it in some sort of Sonic 1, 2, 3, 4 and Advanced series. 3. ??? 4. PROFIT!!! And lots of accliam from fans and reviewers alike.

You ARE aware of Sonic 4's existance, right..?

Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-08-07 15:39:18

At 8/7/10 12:17 PM, TwilightFox wrote:
At 6/16/10 07:27 PM, KeroKeroMario wrote: Here's an idea: no more new ideas. Seriously, every Sonic game for the past decade and a half went with a form of a "new idea." The Werehog was one of those ideas.
/thread. Sonic needs to go back to basics, like in the Genesis games. That's what made him great, and Sonic 4 will prove that that's the only thing that will keep him great. And that's just gameplay. New characters, I'd say from Cream onward, need to go too. It's like cramming fifty characters into a dating sim and expecting you to be able to romance all of them: You're gonna get confused, and your experience will be a bad one.

You can't just keep trying the same ideas over and over again. I'm sure no one would like it if Sonic had ten games in a row that were the same. Sure, what if they recaptured the speed and fun of the very first games? People would like them, but after the first 4-5 games, they'd get bored of the same old ideas.
Just look at Mario, he had a great run with his 2D sidescrollers, then Nintendo made the jump to 3D and did an exceptional job. Then they had the idea to make party games and sports games, which sold well. Then they had an idea: "Think Super Mario 64, but in SPACE!".
The thing is, just because Sonic is doing poorly doesn't mean that he should have no new ideas.