• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 20:01:59 Reply

At 6/18/10 07:37 PM, KeithHybrid wrote:
At 6/18/10 07:33 PM, Liquify wrote:
At 6/18/10 07:28 PM, KeithHybrid wrote:

Pictured below is Dante's Devil Trigger from DMC3 in MVC3, done by Kaneko.

You refrenced my picture! yay

:O

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 21:08:18 Reply

At 6/18/10 07:12 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/18/10 04:00 PM, Chdonga wrote: because it doesn't have some complex-as-shit story
THERE IS NOT ONE SONIC GAME THAT HAS A COMPLEX STORY.

If the idea of a complex story to you is a new character and plot device, you must be retarded.

Calm down, bro. Complex-as-shit may not have been the right word. Stupid-as-shit was the word I was thinking of.

At 6/18/10 07:33 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/18/10 06:14 PM, Chdonga wrote: And really my idea is much better than the average fan's idea for a Sonic game.
You think your idea is better because

1. It's YOUR idea.

You'd think your idea for a game is good because it's your idea. And name one idea for a Sonic game made by a typical fan that didn't suck.

2. It's Sonic 3 and Knuckles edited a little bit.

I never played Sonic 3. I thought I took the story of Sonic 1 (Dr. Eggman was trying to kidnap all those animals, right?) and tossed Sonic's friends and Metal Sonic in. But I'm glad someone actually read the post.

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 21:28:40 Reply

At 6/18/10 06:14 PM, Chdonga wrote: Something tells me those are the only two lines of my post you read. And really my idea is much better than the average fan's idea for a Sonic game.

I wasn't being sarcastic when I said it was cute.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 21:32:03 Reply

At 6/18/10 09:28 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 6/18/10 06:14 PM, Chdonga wrote: Something tells me those are the only two lines of my post you read. And really my idea is much better than the average fan's idea for a Sonic game.

Well... Now I look like a dick.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 21:40:12 Reply

At 6/18/10 09:32 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 6/18/10 09:28 PM, knuxrouge wrote:
Well... Now I look like a dick.

Look on the bright side..you look less like a dick for admitting it ;)

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 23:29:56 Reply

At 6/18/10 09:08 PM, Chdonga wrote: Calm down, bro. Complex-as-shit may not have been the right word. Stupid-as-shit was the word I was thinking of.

It doesn't matter, you still don't play Sonic games for the story. Having a simple story wouldn't help anything at all because the game would still play the same. Besides, you could say any of Mario's stories are "stupid-as-shit" but nobody gives a damn because it's fucking MARIO.

You'd think your idea for a game is good because it's your idea.

Missing the point.

And name one idea for a Sonic game made by a typical fan that didn't suck.

True, but yours is still Sonic 3 changed up a bit.

2. It's Sonic 3 and Knuckles edited a little bit.
I never played Sonic 3. I thought I took the story of Sonic 1 (Dr. Eggman was trying to kidnap all those animals, right?)

No, because Sonic 1 didn't have the Death Egg. It's destroyed anyway, and Eggman rebuilding it would be retarded. Come up with a new doom fortress or something. And have something to do other than kidnap animals, besides awakening ancient evils again. Oh god no. And Metal having elemental power would have to have a story linked to it if it comes from the levels. I don't see anything wrong with that. Metal Sonic fusing with Eggman would also be stupid. And Metal Sonic isn't a new character that fanboys obsess about, there have been Metal Sonic's since Sonic 2 and Sonic CD.

And Super Sonic the Hedgehog reminds me of the SNES days where everything had "Super" in the title. Terrible.

But I'm glad someone actually read the post.

It still sucks.

Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 23:53:34 Reply

This whole rage war of a thread is the reason why we shouldn't have Sonic-related discussions here, or anywhere on the internet.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
HyphanGod
HyphanGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-18 23:56:26 Reply

How about Sonic 3? :P

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 00:06:09 Reply

At 6/18/10 11:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: It doesn't matter, you still don't play Sonic games for the story. Having a simple story wouldn't help anything at all because the game would still play the same. Besides, you could say any of Mario's stories are "stupid-as-shit" but nobody gives a damn because it's fucking MARIO.

Nah, they don't give a damn because they'd think I'm a troll for not liking Mario, but this is irrelevant.

Oh god no. And Metal having elemental power would have to have a story linked to it if it comes from the levels. I don't see anything wrong with that. Metal Sonic fusing with Eggman would also be stupid.

I never said he fused with Eggman, I said he fused with one of his machines, like Gemel (or whatever his name is) did in Sonic Advance 3. It's always retarded when two entities fused together.

And Metal Sonic isn't a new character that fanboys obsess about, there have been Metal Sonic's since Sonic 2 and Sonic CD.

I never said he was new, but fanboys do obsess about him and Shadow.

Fine. Instead of Metal Sonic, it's Mecha Sonic. And instead of the Death Egg, Eggman has a... pfft... I'm not even trying... a Flying Egg Fortress of Doom. And Mecha Sonic gets elemental power because Eggman rebuilds him to adapt to the zone he's in. And Eggman kidnaps all of Sonic's important friends to lure him into a trap to keep Sonic busy while he kidnaps the animals to make into badniks.

But really I don't see why you're getting all worked up about this story. I thought it was pretty obvious that I just pulled random stuff out of the air and threw it together, the only thing I put an iota of thought into was the name Super Sonic the Hedgehog, which even I think would be a stupid name. I didn't want to introduce anything new, because then it would be like any ordinary fanboy story, full of crappy things that could've been replaced with other existing things.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 00:21:44 Reply

At 6/19/10 12:06 AM, Chdonga wrote: I didn't want to introduce anything new, because then it would be like any ordinary fanboy story,

I want you to think about this sentence right here.

KeithHybrid
KeithHybrid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 00:28:53 Reply

At 6/18/10 11:29 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: No, because Sonic 1 didn't have the Death Egg. It's destroyed anyway, and Eggman rebuilding it would be retarded.

But he did rebuild it in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle.

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature
Exorz
Exorz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 04:57:35 Reply

At 6/18/10 04:10 PM, HeavyTank wrote: At 6/18/10 03:33 PM, shadowwalker15 wrote::
So, what are you saying is that you are a cheeseheaded noob?
No, you're the only noob around here.
Stop acting like an ass before it gets ugly...you're either a massive troll or a ridiculously stupid Sonic fanboy (lol at your reviews, I've never seen such fanboyism and false bravado in reviews)

Now, back on Topic...IMO, Sega should let Sonic RIP and stop stepping (or shitting, depending on your view on new Sonic games) on his grave...

First of all, if it bothers you so much that I am a fanboy of Sonic, as you recall, it`s your problem!
Second and last, SHUT YOUR YAP! NOOB!

KeithHybrid
KeithHybrid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 14:48:11 Reply

At 6/19/10 04:57 AM, shadowwalker15 wrote:
At 6/18/10 04:10 PM, HeavyTank wrote: At 6/18/10 03:33 PM, shadowwalker15 wrote::
sdfsdfsdfsd
sdfsdfsfsd
sdfsdfsdfs

Why don't you both shut the fuck up and get a room?

BBS Signature
pokerockmario
pokerockmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 16:01:52 Reply

At 6/16/10 07:20 PM, lavadiamond wrote: I really dont have many ideas on this whole topic, but share what you wish. If anything, Sega should really cut the ass kicking Werehog from their games. It wastes 10 minutes to beat 1 helluva long stage...
>_>

Less characters, old designs, 2D platformer, no big story lines.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 16:18:20 Reply

Forget Sonic. It's time for Sega to give Big the Cat his own game.

Maybe they can make a kickass fishing title.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
KeithHybrid
KeithHybrid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 17:25:39 Reply

At 6/19/10 04:01 PM, pokerockmario wrote: Less characters, old designs, 2D platformer, no big story lines.

Done.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-19 19:13:01 Reply

At 6/19/10 04:01 PM, pokerockmario wrote: Less characters,

You say this like every character ever made is in every Sonic game.

old designs,

Sega has already said no.

2D platformer,

Every handheld Sonic.

no big story lines.

As said before, there is not ONE Sonic game that has a big story line. It's always just been something evil that Sonic has to stop by running and jumping.

Exorz
Exorz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-20 06:50:13 Reply

At 6/19/10 04:18 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Forget Sonic. It's time for Sega to give Big the Cat his own game.

Maybe they can make a kickass fishing title.

Big is too fat to even fit on the screen XD

Exorz
Exorz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-21 02:55:20 Reply

Hey I heard there will be a new game for 2010, named Sonic the Hedgehog 4, 3D graphics of the old Sonic the Hedgehog games. I can`t wait to release it, I`m going to download it right away!

Salnax
Salnax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-21 04:03:47 Reply

What about an open world game? Give Sonic a huge environment to do his speed gig with, instead of minute long stages with loop-de-loops. Give Sonic a fighting style based around dodging and charging at larger, more powerful opponents. Super Sonic mode can be a limited time overdrive mode, ala how it worked it Brawl. Throw in the occasional mission that is a throwback to the old 2D stages. Give Sonic new abilities over time (Running on water, his "roll into a ball for instant speed" technique, etc.), so that he can access new places. Make environmental puzzles based on changing conditions so that Sonic can use his abilities to reach new places. Turn Metal Sonic into a recurring chief underling to Eggman, who must be fended off, either randomly or at scripted points in the game, before an epic showdown in Eggman's lair. Make sure that Eggman is the only human. Sonic has a shitload of animal friends, so spread them throughout the huge world, where they can give storyline, missions, assistance, items, abilities, etc. Give Sonic a more traditional health system (either regenerating, Health Bar, or Mario style), and either turn the rings into a currency or the MP for Sonic's more elaborate moves.

Exorz
Exorz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-21 04:23:04 Reply

At 6/21/10 04:03 AM, Salnax wrote: What about an open world game? Give Sonic a huge environment to do his speed gig with, instead of minute long stages with loop-de-loops. Give Sonic a fighting style based around dodging and charging at larger, more powerful opponents. Super Sonic mode can be a limited time overdrive mode, ala how it worked it Brawl. Throw in the occasional mission that is a throwback to the old 2D stages. Give Sonic new abilities over time (Running on water, his "roll into a ball for instant speed" technique, etc.), so that he can access new places. Make environmental puzzles based on changing conditions so that Sonic can use his abilities to reach new places. Turn Metal Sonic into a recurring chief underling to Eggman, who must be fended off, either randomly or at scripted points in the game, before an epic showdown in Eggman's lair. Make sure that Eggman is the only human. Sonic has a shitload of animal friends, so spread them throughout the huge world, where they can give storyline, missions, assistance, items, abilities, etc. Give Sonic a more traditional health system (either regenerating, Health Bar, or Mario style), and either turn the rings into a currency or the MP for Sonic's more elaborate moves.

This idea is golden man! I love it! Hey I`ve got it, maybe SEGA would add MECHA Sonic, instead of Metal Sonic, that would be more interesting, like in SMBZ, he would absorb the older robots and in the game, it could be a Boss Battle Stage where winner takes all. Sonic has 1 emerald and Mecha Sonic 6, If Sonic wins he gets the emeralds, or otherwise, which is not a wanted option!

Eclipse
Eclipse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-21 04:28:02 Reply

Sonic Colors is indeed looking impressive, at least the E3 video of it is. I do like the way the gameplay is shaping up, but chances are Sega will find some way to fuck it up again. Still, the high-speed gameplay and destruction of those robots in the video looked a lot like Sonic Heroes which was the only 3D Sonic game I actually enjoyed. Let's hope on everything we've got Sega doesn't totally ruin this one.

The Stoner's Club
Current PC: Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD Radeon HD 6320, 4GB RAM, 1.25TB HD, 1.65GHz AMD APU

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Artist
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-21 04:34:46 Reply

I think the best Idea here would be no more Sonic Games ever.
It may sound very bandwaginish but thats what I think has to happen.

Exorz
Exorz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-21 04:44:45 Reply

At 6/21/10 04:34 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: I think the best Idea here would be no more Sonic Games ever.

Well, I don`t agree with you, I think it would be better, for SEGA to cool down a bit. For example, if SEGA already made a game, it should rest about 3 or 4 years until the next 3D game, I mean it`s too much a game after game for a year time. People actually forget the older Sonic Games because of these actions that SEGA makes.

pokerockmario
pokerockmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-30 14:25:41 Reply

At 6/19/10 07:13 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 6/19/10 04:01 PM, pokerockmario wrote: Less characters,
You say this like every character ever made is in every Sonic game.
old designs,
Sega has already said no.
2D platformer,
Every handheld Sonic.
no big story lines.
As said before, there is not ONE Sonic game that has a big story line. It's always just been something evil that Sonic has to stop by running and jumping.

When I was a kid I was a big fan of Sonic the hedgehog.. but that's more than 15 years ago...
I don't like the new Sonic the hedgehog.
For me, Sonic was a cute little hedgehog who has to stop the evil robotnik and his robots, but Sonic really changed the last 2 decades.

TehFallenKIng
TehFallenKIng
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-30 22:10:37 Reply

Eh...sonic team needs to pull bullshit to the side and have sonic get shot right between the eyes lol...Imagine it ,Sonic burst through eggmans lair and says something corny about eggman failing and eggman pulled out a chinese pistol and shot him lmao and gathers the emeralds the end!(and it should have plenty of plot holes lol)

KeithHybrid
KeithHybrid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-30 22:52:13 Reply

At 6/21/10 04:34 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: I think the best Idea here would be no more Sonic Games ever.

Then it's a good thing no one really cares what you think.

BBS Signature
MrPantz
MrPantz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-06-30 22:53:51 Reply

No more Sonic. That's an idea!

I AM THE LIZARD KING, I CAN DO ANYTHING

joe9320
joe9320
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-07-01 01:03:09 Reply

There should be a Sonic game that should only have Amy, Tails, Knuckles, Sonic, Rouge (?), Shadow (?) and Dr. Eggman. Also, stylise it in some sort of Sonic 1, 2, 3, 4 and Advanced series. 3. ??? 4. PROFIT!!! And lots of accliam from fans and reviewers alike. No more gimmicks, no more werehogs and shit, and have a BIG storyline.

:Also, Yuji Naka will never come back. He would have committed suicide by now.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature
Hawkeyeman0
Hawkeyeman0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to New Ideas For Sonic Games...? 2010-07-01 01:27:11 Reply

I think that they should just revert to the original game formula. In a 2d side scrolling setting only make the art and graphics 3d.

I wanna fuck. It's my fucking big dick. Who wants to fuck?