New Topic Respond to this Topic
Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 05:01 PM Reply

Good evening lords and ladies, I'm Selren, just Selren and nothing more, I thought I'd take a gander at how things work around here.

One useful piece of information about me is that I'm quite skilled at crafting, and slightly less at blacksmithing.

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 07:13 AM Reply

At 9/10/12 05:01 PM, Xenomit wrote: Good evening lords and ladies, I'm Selren, just Selren and nothing more, I thought I'd take a gander at how things work around here.

Good morning Selren. I am Sir Decky of Cheshire, pleased to met you. I'm the roster keeper around these parts.

One useful piece of information about me is that I'm quite skilled at crafting, and slightly less at blacksmithing.

Blacksmithing you say, my horse could do with a good reshoeing. Go from this place and make me some of the finest horse shoes. I wish to ride it by the evening!

I said no to drugs but they just wouldn't listen.
Like Page///Art Thread///Latest Art Piece

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 10:28 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 07:13 AM, Decky wrote:

Good afternoon sir. Would you care for a spott of tiffin? Considering this might be my last time serving you such lovelies. Considering the Commadore may be a little angered by the outcome of the trade agreement.

At 9/10/12 05:01 PM, Xenomit wrote: Good evening lords and ladies, I'm Selren, just Selren and nothing more, I thought I'd take a gander at how things work around here.

Why hello hello. Perhaps I could treat you to an ale down the local tavern once I am uninccapaciated. Show you how things are and such.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 11:41 AM Reply

At 9/9/12 05:42 PM, Confucianism wrote: Sir! Accept my appologies in advance. Your...servant has been murdered. By an outlaw. The transaction went without fault though. He ran into us while being persued by the authorities on our way back down the street. Tried to use him as a bargaining piece to escape he did. Tripped while moving backwards down some steps and cut his throat. Arrested though, by the soldiers as I knocked him out with my staff.

oh well I will send my condolences and send a some soverigns to the family.

Here is your gold. My appologies again sir. He was usefull in the transaction.

good good. twas a pleasure doing business.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 12:13 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 11:41 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: good good. twas a pleasure doing business.

Even considering your man died, would you perhaps consider supporting my request for a merchant certification from her Ladyship?

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 12:13 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 9/12/12 11:41 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: good good. twas a pleasure doing business.
Even considering your man died, would you perhaps consider supporting my request for a merchant certification from her Ladyship?

of course anything to strengthen a relationship for future transactions!

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 03:29 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: of course anything to strengthen a relationship for future transactions!

With the increase in money I would be able to make, I could even hire some extra hands so such travesties will not happen again. And further my ability to have a statement to increase my validity to increase my charge for such items. Thus increasing your profit.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 03:54 PM, Confucianism wrote:
At 9/12/12 03:29 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: of course anything to strengthen a relationship for future transactions!
With the increase in money I would be able to make, I could even hire some extra hands so such travesties will not happen again. And further my ability to have a statement to increase my validity to increase my charge for such items. Thus increasing your profit.

worry not the assistant I sent with twas not but a lowly lieutenant. and tis a good business strategy you have.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 07:13 AM, Decky wrote: Blacksmithing you say, my horse could do with a good reshoeing. Go from this place and make me some of the finest horse shoes. I wish to ride it by the evening!

It shall be done, sire. Are there any specifications you may have as to design?

At 9/12/12 10:28 AM, Confucianism wrote: Why hello hello. Perhaps I could treat you to an ale down the local tavern once I am uninccapaciated. Show you how things are and such.

I must say I would much enjoy that

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 04:14 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: worry not the assistant I sent with twas not but a lowly lieutenant. and tis a good business strategy you have.

I see. Well that plan could only be put into fruition if I were elevated.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 05:49 PM, Confucianism wrote: I see. Well that plan could only be put into fruition if I were elevated.

enlist with me and you could certainly be elevated to common nobility. but be forwarned were we go is dangerous lands and waters but the Riches and Glories are great!

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 12th, 2012 @ 07:45 PM Reply

At 9/12/12 06:45 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: enlist with me and you could certainly be elevated to common nobility. but be forwarned were we go is dangerous lands and waters but the Riches and Glories are great!

Well sir. My entire family has been in servitude to a noble house. I don't think it would be so easy to sever such ties.
And would rather be enlisted in the Army than the Navy. Too high a risk of scruvy I've heard. So you see, but, one does suppose I could if it enable myself to cast asside my role as a servant. Otherwise I would rather join the army.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to High Society Club Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 10:40 AM Reply

At 9/12/12 07:45 PM, Confucianism wrote: Well sir. My entire family has been in servitude to a noble house. I don't think it would be so easy to sever such ties.
And would rather be enlisted in the Army than the Navy. Too high a risk of scruvy I've heard. So you see, but, one does suppose I could if it enable myself to cast asside my role as a servant. Otherwise I would rather join the army.

in a few short years you will be elevated to common nobility if you come with me now you can be much more than that and possibbly elevate your families status as a whole taking them out of the life of servitude!

think about my offer.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to High Society Club Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 11:02 AM Reply

who wants to sip tea with me and fire the french out of cannons into the courtyard?

nobility only.. the peasants can watch in longing on the outside of the estate fence.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

At 9/14/12 11:02 AM, Chronamut wrote: who wants to sip tea with me and fire the french out of cannons into the courtyard?

nobility only.. the peasants can watch in longing on the outside of the estate fence.

Oh what fun times my Lady. I remember cleaning up the remenance of your last little show. Back when I was a peasant.

At 9/14/12 10:40 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: think about my offer.

I shall accept your wager (offer whatever) sir! You may have to speak to my Lady Tottington considering I am in her service.

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to High Society Club Sep. 14th, 2012 @ 05:02 PM Reply

I say Lady Totington your humble Page wishes to enlist in her majesty's Navy under my command for the possibility of raising his families standing to lower nobility. if you would allow Confucianism: Connie Renolds to enlist I assure you it would be beneficial seeing as you were the precursor of a rising noble family.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 10:48 AM Reply

At 9/15/12 10:44 AM, Amaranthus wrote: I have returned from my non-paid holiday. And by holiday I mean I contracted a disease. By divine intervention I survived.
Do the nobles require anything, I have to make up for lost time and I wish to start as soon as possible.

Welcome back boyo. The servants quarters have been quieter without you. I had to run tripple shifts, what with the cargo movement and all. Now, you can start by making the Lords afternoon tiffin.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 11:05 AM Reply

At 9/15/12 10:52 AM, Amaranthus wrote: What dish does the lord wish for?

It shall be composed of paper-thin slices of cucumber placed between two thin slices of crustless, lightly buttered white bread. The peel of the cucumber is scored lengthwise with a fork before the cucumber is then sliced. Then to be dashed with salt and lemon juice and then sliced diagonally twice, creating four small triangular tea sandwiches.

To be served with the normal arangement of tea.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 11:13 AM Reply

At 9/15/12 11:08 AM, Amaranthus wrote: I shall begin preparing his meal. Or should I head to the market to get the ingredients first? Because of my absence, I don't know if we still have everything in the supply closet.

Since your absence there has been no slack around here. The times go on even after you are gone, so the larder is always fully stocked. Do you take me for incompetant?! This is a mannor and shall be kept up to regulation standards! The Lords and Ladies shall dine and gorge on the finest and most expensive foods while the surrounding populace shall starve. That is regulation! And we abide by it in this household.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 15th, 2012 @ 11:32 AM Reply

(I forget, or at least I never knew; What year were you raised to Decky? Considering you would be a page or the like otherwise. I realised Lady Tottington should be addressed as "Your Grace" considering her standing.)

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 01:29 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 12:58 PM, Amaranthus wrote: *whispers* "The nobles are quite lately."
Does the noble lord wish for anything?

*Smacks Ama over the head with his rolled up flatcap again*
Learn to speak properly! It's pronounced "quiet", not quite. You could have said quite quiet to be grammaticaly correct. Because what you have said is not a grammaticaly correct sentance.

Now we have business to take care of. There seems to have been a damaged crate of Her Grace Lady Tottingtons favourite tea and we must go down to the docks to confront the man who sold them to me. Come come, grab your hat boy.

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to High Society Club Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 01:31 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I meant to say quite quiet, my honest apologies, Connie*
*grabs hat* I'm ready for duty.

One has to agree that us blue blood are on the quiet side of late. I return though to beat you dear boy. The reason I hear you cry, I have none as yet but it I get such merriment out of it that it's hard for one to stop. Present your rump so it can met my foot with all its might.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 17th, 2012 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 9/17/12 01:31 PM, Amaranthus wrote: I meant to say quite quiet, my honest apologies, Connie*
*grabs hat* I'm ready for duty.

That's Mr Reynolds to you. I'm still head of the household staff here my lad. And you shall obide to it when we are within the confines of the mannor. Outside is another matter.

Well lad, first we'll be heading off to the guild of merchants to sort out these papers and find out where this chap is. They have accounts of where to find them when on land you see. And our papers need to be sorted out as I've said. Official stamps and all of course. Needs multiple signatures. But know that they won't just give away details of their members to anyone, got to be of reputation in these parts and I've already been granted such privy information seeing as I purchase quite the number and multitude of things from the docks on behalf of the Lords and her Grace. So of course they us being on business on their behalf will affect things.
Just let me do all the talking. I know these gents. I'll introduce you after the technicalities have been taken care of.

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 08:22 AM Reply

()-And so Mr Reynolds and his side kick Jeremia set off to solve the mystery of the damaged crate! Will Mr Reynolds track down the men responsible in time? Will Jeremia find out who his real parents are? Find out next time in the exiting case of the damaged crate!-()

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to High Society Club Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 12:18 PM Reply

ahh I will be taking a voyage to the Americas for a holiday apparently they just gained the French Territory in a large purchase, its not everyday history happens.

Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 18th, 2012 @ 06:51 PM Reply

Come along then Jeremia. We have a job to finish and it's best not to keep Her Grace waiting for her favourite tea any longer! Lest you want to be at the recieving end of a rather eary catapult. And I'll have to be the one to dipose of the body. You wouldn't want to put me through that would you? I've already got a lot of other duties to attend to and you wouldn't want to add to them aih? Hahaha. ~Pats the young Jeremia on the back heartely~ Not to worry boyo. We'll be back in time to prepare the Lords and Ladies supper.

Now, to the merchant guild!

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 06:41 AM Reply

At 9/19/12 06:32 AM, Amaranthus wrote: *scratches head* I wonder what damaged this crate.

Look here boy! On the corner of the crate appears to be some kind of fabric that's been snagged by some splinters. DO you know what this means boy!?

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to High Society Club Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 06:56 AM Reply

At 9/19/12 06:41 AM, Confucianism wrote: Look here boy! On the corner of the crate appears to be some kind of fabric that's been snagged by some splinters. DO you know what this means boy!?

(for once I break character)

High Society Club

BBS Signature
Confucianism
Confucianism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to High Society Club Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 07:00 AM Reply

At 9/19/12 06:56 AM, Decky wrote: (for once I break character)

(This made me laugh more than you think. And I don't like your user icon.)

BBS Signature
Decky
Decky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to High Society Club Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 07:18 AM Reply

At 9/19/12 07:00 AM, Confucianism wrote: (This made me laugh more than you think. And I don't like your user icon.)

(I spent hours making that.)

BBS Signature