New Topic Respond to this Topic
bica1
bica1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Help- Character question Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 01:06 PM Reply

This probably will sound noobish, but I am trying to make a character in set parts(so I am not drawing them frame by frame)

My question is, does anyone know a tutorial that shows me how to bend knees and elbows when a character moves them(with out looking messed up, and with out using an item to cover it up)?

Not sure how to handle this. Thanks!

Neo-13
Neo-13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to Help- Character question Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 01:18 PM Reply

At 6/10/10 01:06 PM, bica1 wrote: This probably will sound noobish, but I am trying to make a character in set parts(so I am not drawing them frame by frame)

My question is, does anyone know a tutorial that shows me how to bend knees and elbows when a character moves them(with out looking messed up, and with out using an item to cover it up)?

Not sure how to handle this. Thanks!

Which version of Flash are you using? From CS4 onwards there's a bone tool you should probably check out. I've never used it myself, as I still have CS3, and wouldn't need it anyway to be honest.

BBS Signature
Starogre
Starogre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Help- Character question Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 01:42 PM Reply

you'll just have to draw it so that it has the capabilities to move in the way you want it. like draw the elbow attached to the upper arm and don't extend the forearm beyond a certain point to where it would look messed up. then redraw it and set up a new arm if you want a different angle or scene or way to move it

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
bica1
bica1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Help- Character question Jun. 10th, 2010 @ 04:06 PM Reply

oh sorry, I am using flash CS3.

bica1
bica1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Help- Character question Jun. 20th, 2010 @ 10:29 AM Reply

thanks for the input. I'm very new and I think I am getting what your saying. There wouldn't happen to be any books/video tutorials on this?

If not I think I know what you are talking about, just want to make sure.

Thanks!