00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A little help?

478 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

A little help? 2010-06-09 16:42:24

here's a recent sketch; 'a portrait of a cat'- how can I improve?
-especially with eyes/facial features

(sorry about the low quality image- here's a higher definition version:http://www.newgrounds.com/art/vi ew/smartesthere/portrait-of-a-cat)

thanks

A little help?

Response to A little help? 2010-06-09 17:34:04

At 6/9/10 04:42 PM, smartesthere wrote: here's a recent sketch; 'a portrait of a cat'- how can I improve?
-especially with eyes/facial features

um... isn't wearing a mask? That kind of covers his facial features? Also I know he's trying to jump between buildings, unless he's just floating there, but it kinda looks like he's just floating there. I don't really know how you could make the action more clear, I would have trouble doing it myself... Sorry I can't be of more help.

BBS Signature

Response to A little help? 2010-06-09 17:48:21

I'd steer away from gradients and solids, in the capactiy that you're using them here, get some texture into your environment. Work on getting the city and buildings a little less symmetrical looking and more gritty/dirty with shadows, highlights and all that, even shadows and lights of things that aren't in the picture. But mostly I'd encourage you to work on the anatomy and pose of your person; try to picture what someones body would do if he was leaping from rooftop to rooftop, the way his body works when jumping in that manner. Look for some references of a person leaping to help you out.

My two cents.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to A little help? 2010-06-09 22:14:17

Sure thing, it's a pleasure to help artists in need. First off, the pose of your ninja is quite off. It looks like he is just walking on air instead of jumping. I consider to put more curves and action, that will help. The shading also needs some work. Especially on the cape. Why not see a shading tutorial? The background I think is quite lovely.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature