New Topic Respond to this Topic
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 4/10/05 02:40 PM, TehBigC wrote: I've got a Jackson Kelley. I've been playin for about a year and a few months.

does it have teh floyd rose tremolo?

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
TehBigC
TehBigC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 07:22 PM Reply

yeah. it's awesome!

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 4/10/05 07:22 PM, TehBigC wrote: yeah. it's awesome!

I used to have teh floyd rose on one of my guitars, but it broke. Now I use teh Wilkinson Tremolo, which has a lighter feel, but it somehow doesn't feel the same.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
repenter
repenter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 08:34 PM Reply

I don't really want to join but I would like to have the ability to post here and talk with your memmbers. Would that be ok?

Hello Grim have you gotten your BC Virgo yet?

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 09:49 PM Reply

At 4/10/05 08:34 PM, -repent- wrote: I don't really want to join but I would like to have the ability to post here and talk with your memmbers. Would that be ok?

Hello Grim have you gotten your BC Virgo yet?

No, they get in stock on the 14, so yeah

BBS Signature
repenter
repenter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 09:55 PM Reply

I'm searching for a takamine right now but I can't find one, plus I don't have the money either.

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 10:21 PM Reply

At 4/10/05 09:55 PM, -repent- wrote: I'm searching for a takamine right now but I can't find one, plus I don't have the money either.

:( That sucks. is it acoustic electric? If it is, what's the name of the acoustic pickup system?

BBS Signature
repenter
repenter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 10:26 PM Reply

At 4/10/05 10:21 PM, Grim_T wrote:
At 4/10/05 09:55 PM, -repent- wrote: I'm searching for a takamine right now but I can't find one, plus I don't have the money either.
( That sucks. is it acoustic electric? If it is, what's the name of the acoustic pickup system?

Nah just an regular acoustic guitar, I'll probably get an electric later.

Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 10:44 PM Reply

At 4/9/05 02:39 PM, Grim_T wrote:
At 4/4/05 10:49 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Hey, I'll join.
Guitar: Fenders Squire Stratocaster, and going to get a BC Rich NJ Beast soon.
Favorite Bands: Iron Maiden, In Flames. and Judas Priest
Playing For: About 1 1/2 years
Cool, another club we're both in. :)

yeah :D

Have you tried Musician's Friend?

repenter
repenter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 10:56 PM Reply

At 4/10/05 10:44 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Have you tried Musician's Friend?

No I havn't but as I said I can't pay for one yet so it doesn't matter at this point.

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 11:00 PM Reply

The reason I'm getting the virgin is for gigs and for rehearsals. All my recording I'll do with my guitars I already have (4 homemade ones, I already described the specs of one, will provide more if prompted) but I don't want to abuse them, they're beyond custom. I made them, and I feel if I wreck one of them then it's like I lost a good friend, so I'm looking for a guitar to abuse. :|

BBS Signature
repenter
repenter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 11:03 PM Reply

At 4/10/05 11:00 PM, Grim_T wrote: The reason I'm getting the virgin is for gigs and for rehearsals. All my recording I'll do with my guitars I already have (4 homemade ones, I already described the specs of one, will provide more if prompted) but I don't want to abuse them, they're beyond custom. I made them, and I feel if I wreck one of them then it's like I lost a good friend, so I'm looking for a guitar to abuse.

Well Gibson has a good guiatr base quality to were you can abuse them but a BC only has a good quality sound it isn't made to last very long. But still BC is a good choice

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists Apr. 10th, 2005 @ 11:29 PM Reply

At 4/10/05 11:03 PM, -repent- wrote:

Well Gibson has a good guiatr base quality to were you can abuse them but a BC only has a good quality sound it isn't made to last very long. But still BC is a good choice

Nah. I'm not looking for a particularly durable guitar (though BC rich fits that bill well) I'm just looking for a relatively inexpensive, radical looking guitar, that I'm also not afraid to abuse, because gibsons are so expensive that I'd be afraid to abuse them, that's throwing $$$ down the drain. :(

BBS Signature
Long-Distance-Runner
Long-Distance-Runner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 07:56 AM Reply

Can i join? I love my baby, shes a B.C.Rich warlock, NOT THE CHEAP-ASS ONE! Lol, so is anyone gunna post themselves with there axes?

Long-Distance-Runner
Long-Distance-Runner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 07:58 AM Reply

At 4/10/05 11:29 PM, Grim_T wrote:
At 4/10/05 11:03 PM, -repent- wrote:

Nah. I'm not looking for a particularly durable guitar (though BC rich fits that bill well) I'm just looking for a relatively inexpensive, radical looking guitar, that I'm also not afraid to abuse, because gibsons are so expensive that I'd be afraid to abuse them, that's throwing $$$ down the drain. :(

B.C.Rich Bronze series are bad-ass. There about £200 - £ 250 ($150 - $210?) They really are quality guitar. Steer clear of these cheaper ones! not even bronze.

Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 09:26 AM Reply

At 4/11/05 07:58 AM, The_Clansman wrote: B.C.Rich Bronze series are bad-ass. There about £200 - £ 250 ($150 - $210?) They really are quality guitar. Steer clear of these cheaper ones! not even bronze.

The BC Rich Bronze I sucked. It cost a little more than 100 $ and was plain shit. The Bronze II is a lot better, though. The pickups are still not that good, but it's has a better durability and the overall quality of the wood has improved as well. And it has a damn good feeling, easy to play on it.

BTW, I can't remember if I did ever join here, but if i didn't...may I join? I'm playing the guitar for a bit more than a year now. I already had a guitar 3 years ago but it was so shitty that I didn't get any motivation :(

Check out my new Mystical Dominion Webzine

BBS Signature
Long-Distance-Runner
Long-Distance-Runner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 09:38 AM Reply

At 4/11/05 09:26 AM, CannibalFetus wrote:

=

The BC Rich Bronze I sucked. It cost a little more than 100 $ and was plain shit. The Bronze II is a lot better, though. The pickups are still not that good, but it's has a better durability and the overall quality of the wood has improved as well. And it has a damn good feeling, easy to play on it.

Yeah, thats prb the fake ones, it got 6 a side tuning head hasnt it? Not 3 a side.

Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 09:59 AM Reply

At 4/11/05 09:38 AM, The_Clansman wrote: Yeah, thats prb the fake ones, it got 6 a side tuning head hasnt it? Not 3 a side.

Yeah, it has a 6 side tuning head(the better one). The Bronze I was just the first cheap edition of the BC Rich and it failed horribly.

BBS Signature
epiphone182
epiphone182
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 10:54 AM Reply

hi guys, i'm epiphone 182
i was just chekking out this site, till is saw this topic, it rocks

-i play on a fender stratocaster,'50th annyversary amplified to a fender princeton 65watt

-favourite band: blink182 (i play in a band: forced entrance for some audio: epiphone182@hotmail.com)

see ya later

Long-Distance-Runner
Long-Distance-Runner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 11:15 AM Reply

At 4/11/05 09:59 AM, CannibalFetus wrote:
At 4/11/05 09:38 AM, The_Clansman wrote: Yeah, thats prb the fake ones, it got 6 a side tuning head hasnt it? Not 3 a side.
Yeah, it has a 6 side tuning head(the better one). The Bronze I was just the first cheap edition of the BC Rich and it failed horribly.

Woah! no! the 6 a side is the poor one! Look on there site. If it associates the word "entry level" STEER CLEAR!

www.bcrich.com

Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 4/11/05 11:15 AM, The_Clansman wrote: Woah! no! the 6 a side is the poor one! Look on there site. If it associates the word "entry level" STEER CLEAR!

www.bcrich.com

Well, as I said, the first version sucked, the second one is pretty good for the price.

BBS Signature
Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 03:15 PM Reply

Well since we are still talking about BC Rich here... what is your opinion on the NJ Beast? I'm planning on getting one soon and I want to know what you guys think.

Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 4/11/05 03:15 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Well since we are still talking about BC Rich here... what is your opinion on the NJ Beast? I'm planning on getting one soon and I want to know what you guys think.

I wanted to get one too, but I think it's style is a little bit too over the top for me and I REALLY want to check out the ESP AX series. Here's a pic for those who haven't seen it yet.

Isn't it beautiful?

Guitarists

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 06:48 PM Reply

At 4/11/05 07:56 AM, The_Clansman wrote: Can i join? I love my baby, shes a B.C.Rich warlock, NOT THE CHEAP-ASS ONE! Lol, so is anyone gunna post themselves with there axes?

me

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 07:19 PM Reply

Here they are, in their glory of multi colored metalness!

Guitarists

BBS Signature
Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 07:38 PM Reply

At 4/11/05 07:19 PM, Grim_T wrote: Here they are, in their glory of multi colored metalness!

Cool, and you made all of these yourself?

I think we should each have our own sigs for this club, I will be happy to make them.
Each one will have you axea(s), I hve already made one for Fetus, Grim, and Myself.
You guys need to tell me what kind of guitar you have, or are getting soon, or even better, post a pic of it, and I will do the rest. the Color scheme will match you guitar.
I dont think you will be needed to use them, but if you want one, ask away.
Here's your's Fetus:

Guitarists

Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 07:40 PM Reply

and Grim's:

Guitarists

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 07:41 PM Reply

At 4/11/05 07:38 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote:
At 4/11/05 07:19 PM, Grim_T wrote: Here they are, in their glory of multi colored metalness!
Cool, and you made all of these yourself?

All except for the acoustic. >:)

BBS Signature
repenter
repenter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 07:47 PM Reply

Y'all giving out guitar sigs?

It would be nice if I could get one, but I don't know if that would be aloowed due to the fact that I'm not a part of the guitar crew.

Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists Apr. 11th, 2005 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 4/11/05 07:38 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Here's your's Fetus:

Fixed.
Sorry, part of the guitar was cut out, this one dosn't have that problem.

Guitarists