New Topic Respond to this Topic
CaptainQuartz
CaptainQuartz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 12:34 PM Reply

So, I got a job at Wal-Mart, and I'm wondering..will Nyquil fuck up my test results? If so..how much?
Anyone have experience with getting a job then being questioned for false positives and stuff?

Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 12:36 PM Reply

... Haha... what?

Dude, nyquil won't show up on drug tests. You'll be fine.

Irrelephant
Irrelephant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 12:36 PM Reply

Google, bro.

shit son

Formerly known as Headshot777
The Newgrounds BBS is like a woman. All the teenagers who get into it make a terrible mess within two minutes. -Jercurpac

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 12:38 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 12:34 PM, DemonsRemorse wrote: So, I got a job at Wal-Mart, and I'm wondering..will Nyquil fuck up my test results? If so..how much?
Anyone have experience with getting a job then being questioned for false positives and stuff?

Why would Nyquil fuck up your chances for popping positive for drugs? Are they making that stuff with THC nowadays?

esko-man
esko-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 12:38 PM Reply

All they will test for is weed. As ass-backward as it is, most nay other drug (including alcohol) is out of your system in 24-48 hours, while THC hangs around for a month. It's suggested that a person can be THC deficient, interestingly.

CaptainQuartz
CaptainQuartz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 12:40 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 12:38 PM, esko-man wrote: All they will test for is weed. As ass-backward as it is, most nay other drug (including alcohol) is out of your system in 24-48 hours, while THC hangs around for a month. It's suggested that a person can be THC deficient, interestingly.

Well then, yeah. I haven't EVER smoked weed. Infact in the 2 years prior to the drug test..that Nyquil was about the worst of it.

Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 12:41 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 12:38 PM, Stereocrisis wrote:
At 6/7/10 12:34 PM, DemonsRemorse wrote: So, I got a job at Wal-Mart, and I'm wondering..will Nyquil fuck up my test results? If so..how much?
Why would Nyquil fuck up your chances for popping positive for drugs? Are they making that stuff with THC nowadays?

Drink enough Nyquil and trust me, you will be fucked up.

But no man, Nyquil isn't gonna fuck up your test results. If you're smoking weed, which you're obviously not, you could always get a detox anyway. That's how I always pass my drug tests.

ok

BBS Signature
esko-man
esko-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 12:44 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 12:40 PM, DemonsRemorse wrote:
Well then, yeah. I haven't EVER smoked weed. Infact in the 2 years prior to the drug test..that Nyquil was about the worst of it.

Relax then. You're never going to fail a drug test or be denied employment because of an over-the-counter or prescription drug, unless you are a medicinal marijuana patient in a state that allow it, and then it might be an issue.

Armissea
Armissea
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 56
Gamer
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 01:06 PM Reply

Nyquil is legal for everyone.

Its not a street drug hell they SELL it there.

its not gonna show up.

Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 01:09 PM Reply

My suggestion is to eat a bunch of poppy seeds. This will clear your system of everything. heheheh...

CaptainQuartz
CaptainQuartz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 04:07 PM Reply

Question, if anyone has been in this situation, what was the usual wait time for results? It's been 4 days so far.

BenwaHakubi
BenwaHakubi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 04:44 PM Reply

If it contains DXM it might. So if your considering robotripping- don't.

Franklin-Moore
Franklin-Moore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Reader
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 05:59 PM Reply

What a coincidence. I just had a job interview at Wal-Mart today! But as said before I doubt NyQuil will affect your drug test results. I think they just mainly test for Marijuana and other illegal drugs.

Chemich
Chemich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 06:00 PM Reply

Nah, you'll be fine.

Interestingly enough some places don't even test for cocaine or heroin.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 06:01 PM Reply

Nyquil is not a narcotic so no, it will not show up in a drug test of any kind.

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 06:05 PM Reply

I have been considering applying for a job at Wal-Mart. The one near me is becoming a super center and it seems like the perfect time.

I would be very much interested in hearing how the whole drug test process happens. Is it mandatory, is it right away, what happens if it shows up positive, etc. I read the fine print on the website about all this, but I wanted to hear from an actual person applying.
-----

To answer your question, no. It wouldn't matter if it did anyway, Nyquil is a legal substance.

Franklin-Moore
Franklin-Moore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Reader
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 06:05 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I have been considering applying for a job at Wal-Mart. The one near me is becoming a super center and it seems like the perfect time.

I would be very much interested in hearing how the whole drug test process happens. Is it mandatory, is it right away, what happens if it shows up positive, etc. I read the fine print on the website about all this, but I wanted to hear from an actual person applying.
-----

To answer your question, no. It wouldn't matter if it did anyway, Nyquil is a legal substance.

They send you to a local place, usually a doctor's office or something of the sort, to do the drug test. It is mandatory, and I'm not sure if it comes up positive. If it is only marijuana, they might still hire you, but I am pretty sure they would hand you something about NA or something like that.

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 06:12 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 06:09 PM, Franklin-Moore wrote: They send you to a local place, usually a doctor's office or something of the sort, to do the drug test. It is mandatory, and I'm not sure if it comes up positive. If it is only marijuana, they might still hire you, but I am pretty sure they would hand you something about NA or something like that.

Thank you. Is the drug test pretty much immediate, or is their a bit of a time period you have to take it?

CaptainQuartz
CaptainQuartz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 06:21 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 06:12 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 6/7/10 06:09 PM, Franklin-Moore wrote: They send you to a local place, usually a doctor's office or something of the sort, to do the drug test. It is mandatory, and I'm not sure if it comes up positive. If it is only marijuana, they might still hire you, but I am pretty sure they would hand you something about NA or something like that.
Thank you. Is the drug test pretty much immediate, or is their a bit of a time period you have to take it?

No, for me. Right after the interview, this woman offered me a job..and she sent me to Human Resources (which was a desk right behind me) and they made me fill out various paper work.

One of those papers was this slip, to take to a local Walk-In clinic. Also, you have to take the drug test within 24 hours of getting that slip. or else they won't hire you.

But yeah, getting a drug test is immediate once they know they're gonna hire you.

Story though, I applied to Wal-Mart..got called 2 days later. Then they had me interviewed four days later..and viola.

The interview was intimidating as fuck, because, for me at least, I had three people interviewing me for the first interview, then a one-on-one with the main honcho manager.

Gateau
Gateau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Programmer
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 06:26 PM Reply

No. And even if it came up on your test results, why would that tarnish your ability to work there? NyQuil is not an illegal narcotic, people use it every day.

Emote mod. Contact me for emote moderation.

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 06:26 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 06:21 PM, DemonsRemorse wrote: No, for me. Right after the interview, this woman offered me a job..and she sent me to Human Resources (which was a desk right behind me) and they made me fill out various paper work.

One of those papers was this slip, to take to a local Walk-In clinic. Also, you have to take the drug test within 24 hours of getting that slip. or else they won't hire you.

But yeah, getting a drug test is immediate once they know they're gonna hire you.

Story though, I applied to Wal-Mart..got called 2 days later. Then they had me interviewed four days later..and viola.

The interview was intimidating as fuck, because, for me at least, I had three people interviewing me for the first interview, then a one-on-one with the main honcho manager.

Thanks man, this helped a lot.

It seems I'm going to have to wait about a month until I can apply, and I'm going to have to stay clean I guess. I work at a Subway inside a Walmart going super right now so I know a lot of the employees. This makes me a little less nervous, but the drug thing could cause some problems. I'm not a huge stoner or anything but I do occasionally do it. This thread actually helped a lot, thanks to everyone who answered my questions.

Franklin-Moore
Franklin-Moore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Reader
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 08:13 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 06:21 PM, DemonsRemorse wrote:
At 6/7/10 06:12 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 6/7/10 06:09 PM, Franklin-Moore wrote:

No, for me. Right after the interview, this woman offered me a job..and she sent me to Human Resources (which was a desk right behind me) and they made me fill out various paper work.

That kind of sucks. I only had 2 one-on-one interviews, one with someone in the deli (which didn't make sense because I was applying for produce) and then the assistant manager. They said they would call me back after they check my references. But, ya if they ask you to do a drug screening, then you pretty much have the job if you can pass that.

esko-man
esko-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Drug Test - and Nyquil Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 08:25 PM Reply

At 6/7/10 06:26 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
It seems I'm going to have to wait about a month until I can apply, and I'm going to have to stay clean I guess.

I couldn't find the super fantastic page I came across a while back, but I did find this piece of gold. Follow it or not, there's no need to wait a month. They have most of this stuff at wal-mart anyway...