Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 02:00:15 Reply

I love being Catholic

Having a wholehearted belief and love in God and the Trinity just feels wonderful

You cannot force yourself to believe but if you contemplate it you may just have a revelation.

I think my big thing with Catholicism is Jesus

I love Jesus, he's seriously the coolest guy ever to exist

cizzin
cizzin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 02:02:10 Reply

At 6/6/10 10:27 PM, Makeshift wrote: Look into Buddhism.

Seriously.

I agree with these guys, if I had to be something other than atheist I would be buddhist.

q13qew
q13qew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 02:32:26 Reply

Try adilisam its a very good thing between christian communisam democracy and nazisam your gonna like it :)

SuzpektClean
SuzpektClean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 03:25:50 Reply

Try religous history til' you find what you like. Or you can take the other route like paganism and be a cool witch until you die and go to hell.

If you can't fuck it or eat it....destroy it

BBS Signature
Stereocrisis
Stereocrisis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 03:41:57 Reply

If you grew up not believing in religion, or perhaps never being taught, or whatever the case may be... If you have your own beliefs about life, then that is it. Period. Don't look for answers from other people's ideas. Just be who you are. Educate yourself, but don't just blindly believe in something because you read it in a book. All I'm saying is that you have probably already formed beliefs of your own. You can't just check out different religions to figure out what kind of beliefs you own in your mind. That kind of thing will come from within. Anything you could grasp from the outside will be someone else's thought. You will believe in someone elses beliefs. That is a path you don't want to go down. You will find yourself constantly combating the issues in your head. You need to just find a quiet place to be, and do some soul searching. Try mediatating. It sounds corny, but you need to know yourself before you can look for any truth. You need honesty to be within you. If your will is good, you might just find out that you don't need anyone to tell you you're right or wrong about it. You will be right for yourself, and it will be your opinion. People should respect other people's opinions.

EclecticEnnui
EclecticEnnui
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Filmmaker
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 03:43:26 Reply

An atheist user named Earfetish wrote this to me on the subject of dying without an afterlife:

"It's gonna happen anyway. It's pretty good to accept the finality of death because it makes life more precious and special and important.

Loads of things could've gone wrong for me not to be here, like it was a fucking long shot as a sperm, and it was a long shot for my mum and dad too, and for some woman who lived thousands of years ago, but one day I was conceived, and later born, and got the insanely lucky chance to experience life, and intelligent life no less. Out of phenomenal chance, I occurred, and between two long voids of nothingness, I got to look around and appreciate the world; I got to eat food and drink beer and smoke weed and trip and look at beautiful scenery and beautiful women, I got to feel pain and lust and love and desperation and agony and depression, I got to take a massive shit that I needed, have sex, wank, feel pleasure and shame, listen to music, and do so many crazy things that are fucking fantastic.

Also, I was lucky enough to have been born in 1988, where I could get everything on demand, and the chances are that when I die life will be even more amazing. I get to be a human, in 2007, on the internet, drinking beer and listening to death metal, and I even get to go on a plane and go to New York and Malaysia and go to concerts and do pretty much anything I want.

It may well be that the only reason that I think the Earth is so good is because my species has evolved in line with the Earth's features and therefore appreciate the Earth, but that's all thanks to the majesty of evolution, and that's a concept many atheists hold dear to their heart, as it is pretty fascinating.

I am aware that I have only got this one shot, and I was very lucky for getting it because it was sheer chance, but here I am, fucking madly fortunately, like beyond belief, and when I die that's it all over, so I've got a phenomenal appreciation for every moment, really, wasted or not, at least it was experienced.

I see why you'd feel good thinking that God put you here and will take you back, or you were reincarnated and you live forever, but it's like you're missing so much out of life. And you really do only get the one, and you're lucky if you get more than 70 years.

You'd be lucky if you got more than 6 years if you lived a few centuries ago, too." - (Source)

I like being an atheist and that essay even helped me at least somewhat. I'm not against religion like Christianity, even though I have problems with Christianity in particular. (That goes for some of its people like those who protect pedophile rapists in order to keep the religion's dignity.) Religion is good for making people positive and having them find meaning in their lives. I dunno. I'm being a wishful thinker, right now, since I haven't bothered with the negative aspects of religion itself.

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 03:48:23 Reply

look into gnosticism It's different from most religions, It promotes individuality, finding your own understanding of "god" and a different view of the evil, Evil as ignorance.

Here is a place you can start.

BBS Signature
jakobhummelen
jakobhummelen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 03:49:19 Reply

At 6/6/10 10:26 PM, JoeAbbt-Grimes wrote: Like many atheist I deep down long for the welcoming arms of religion and crave that unity that none of us atheist ever obtain.

What a load of bullshit, only if you never actually thought about morality/philosophy and your religious views seriously can you believe this.

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 04:05:07 Reply

Buddhism or be a muslim or something (they believe in stopping suffering.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Soviet
Soviet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 04:08:17 Reply

At 6/7/10 04:05 AM, FurryDemon wrote: Buddhism or be a muslim or something (they believe in stopping suffering.)

WTF idiot they are the guys who destroyed the WTC and hate america why wud anyone wnat to be a part of a cult like that!

Pugberto
Pugberto
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Reader
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 05:38:37 Reply

Has anybody else noticed that he is actually parodying Atheist's? I do find it amusing because it is true to how Atheist's behave.

"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." -Thomas Paine

BBS Signature
Ossyx
Ossyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 06:09:43 Reply

At 6/7/10 04:08 AM, scruffydog90 wrote:
At 6/7/10 04:05 AM, FurryDemon wrote: Buddhism or be a muslim or something (they believe in stopping suffering.)
WTF idiot they are the guys who destroyed the WTC and hate america why wud anyone wnat to be a part of a cult like that!

lol... I really hope you mean the muslim/islamic extremists.

if not, you are a complete dumbass.

Hi

BBS Signature
commanderjimjam
commanderjimjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 06:24:20 Reply

Flying Spaghetti Monster always works.

Or Sikhism. Just Saying

TheDocBrown
TheDocBrown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 06:31:13 Reply

At 6/6/10 10:44 PM, TyPah wrote: believe in Jesus and His Father and don't pay to much attention to Hell.Proof

now for the smartass replies...

What are we doing here?
Passing on our jeans and advancing life.
Why is this here?
We won the genetic lottery and hit the right combination for life.
How did this get here?
A supernova sun.
Where do we go from here?
Bitch dident i tell you that?
OK LETS SAY I AM A WIZARD BECAUSE I CAN MAKE VOLCANOS FROM WATER FEAR MY MIGHTY POWER OR I SHALL START THE BLACK PLAUGE.

I HAVE A ROCK THAT KEEPS TIGERS AWAY. IT WORKS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO TIGERS IN NORTHERN AMERICA ROAMING !

You cant declare that proof that there is a god. If there is a god i belive you can get on his good side by doing good things and helping others if there isent well, you did good things and helped life continue for everyone else.

The sentence bellow is a lie
the sentence above is the truth
figure that out.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 06:36:24 Reply

So you don't want to be an atheist anymore? Try believing in a God then, if you were strictly atheist you will find this a hard feet.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 07:27:00 Reply

At 6/7/10 05:38 AM, Pugberto wrote: Has anybody else noticed that he is actually parodying Atheist's? I do find it amusing because it is true to how Atheist's behave.

I noticed too, this conveys a much stronger point than any seriously written text could lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 07:34:30 Reply

At 6/7/10 04:08 AM, scruffydog90 wrote:

every religion has extremist, just look at WBC, this doesn't mean all people of that religion think like that, it just means those people are a little off the wall.

BBS Signature
Freaki-boy92
Freaki-boy92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 07:39:02 Reply

At 6/6/10 10:27 PM, Makeshift wrote: Look into Buddhism.

Seriously.

this. I'm not into organized religion, but I think this is a good one.

chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 07:53:07 Reply

At 6/6/10 11:10 PM, megasXLRfan wrote: I would say Christianity due to my Christain belie's but since you don't believe in spirits, I say Buddhism or Agnosticism.

Agnosticism isn't a religion, nor is it mutually exclusive with atheism or theism.

BBS Signature
Bacchanalian
Bacchanalian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 09:26:40 Reply

At 6/7/10 07:53 AM, chiefindomer wrote: Agnosticism isn't a religion, nor is it mutually exclusive with atheism or theism.

Hey guys, I detect a miserable sodomized George Carlin lover amongst us!

BBS Signature
zero-gravity
zero-gravity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 09:28:43 Reply

The fact that you are saying everything you are saying right now just goes to show you did't even know why you were an atheist to begin with. Blind lack of faith is just as stupid as blind faith.

Bacchanalian
Bacchanalian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 09:36:56 Reply

The whole, "atheism doesn't exclude agnosticism," argument is just an atheists attempt to pretend that they have more people backing them up than they really do. Agnosticism is not religion, not theism, not atheism. It's the ideal middle ground, between all the wrong people.

BBS Signature
SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 09:39:10 Reply

At 6/6/10 10:58 PM, FUNKbrs wrote:
In short, a God of Hate is COMPLETELY in line with logic and science. Not a human god at all, but a god that promises each and every living thing one single moment of His time, and that moment, is Death.

Hmmm,does your organizaion have any pamphlets that I may peruse in?

chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 10:07:49 Reply

At 6/7/10 09:36 AM, Bacchanalian wrote: The whole, "atheism doesn't exclude agnosticism," argument is just an atheists attempt to pretend that they have more people backing them up than they really do. Agnosticism is not religion, not theism, not atheism. It's the ideal middle ground, between all the wrong people.

It really all depends on what definitions you are using. When I hear the term agnostic I tend to think of someone that thinks whether a god exists or not is unknowable. By this definition an agnostic could be a theist or an atheist. If you're using the definition that states agnosticism is the refusal to believe there is a god and refusal to believe there isn't a god, that still falls under the broad definition of atheism.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 11:59:01 Reply

Some people think that Jesus is the greatest role model of all time, but even they hate religion. It is obvious then that the least harmful religion would be Christianity because if you truly follow the greatest teacher of all time, there is simply no way that you can do anything wrong in your life. Hold it above all other things.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Bacchanalian
Bacchanalian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 18:28:56 Reply

At 6/7/10 10:07 AM, chiefindomer wrote: It really all depends on what definitions you are using.

I know I know. I was just having a little fun akin to the OP.

At 6/7/10 11:59 AM, Ericho wrote: Some people think that Jesus is the greatest role model of all time

Some people think they've been abducted by aliens. Some people think a lot of things.

if you truly follow the greatest teacher of all time, there is simply no way that you can do anything wrong in your life.

So then uh... who's truly following Jesus?

BBS Signature
SgtDK
SgtDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-06-07 18:42:51 Reply

Stop being weak

JoeAbbt-Grimes
JoeAbbt-Grimes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-08-09 02:06:25 Reply

At 8/9/10 02:04 AM, Vulpes-Velox wrote:
wait, just to clear this up, you are talking about the devil right?
and didnt u used to be a mod?

No devil the god of hate is his religion, And yes he was a mod b4

Thanks to Adio,Dekuboy,Supercalifragalistic,C opperChaos,T-N-T, Riots,EvilerBowser1001, linkzero-x, clankster4,KIRBYLINK,EverReady2Kill ,Alfie, killerhatch, and Quistybetter

BBS Signature
UberCream
UberCream
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-08-09 02:10:00 Reply

Tired of Atheism?

Be an agnostic.

"I'm in love with UberCream." - Max Gilardi.

JoeAbbt-Grimes
JoeAbbt-Grimes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I'm tired of being an atheist... 2010-08-09 02:10:38 Reply

At 8/9/10 02:09 AM, Vulpes-Velox wrote:
sorry, just that every religion has its own version of a "god" of hate...

not his religion. His religion all about hating one another read his profile

Thanks to Adio,Dekuboy,Supercalifragalistic,C opperChaos,T-N-T, Riots,EvilerBowser1001, linkzero-x, clankster4,KIRBYLINK,EverReady2Kill ,Alfie, killerhatch, and Quistybetter

BBS Signature