New Topic Respond to this Topic
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 19:47:20 Reply

It felt so good seeing Germany score 3 more goals, and, Maradonna's face was totally priceless.

I remember some guy here saying "im telling you guys argentina's going to win and you guys will remember me" yeah, I do remember him alright. It's also funny how the argies were making fun of Brasil losing and then they get their asses handed to them.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 20:02:20 Reply

At 7/3/10 07:47 PM, MiroDK wrote: It felt so good seeing Germany score 3 more goals, and, Maradonna's face was totally priceless.

I remember some guy here saying "im telling you guys argentina's going to win and you guys will remember me" yeah, I do remember him alright. It's also funny how the argies were making fun of Brasil losing and then they get their asses handed to them.

Yeah, Brazil and Argentina were having a lot of fun dreaming of the world cup white beating minor teams, but as soon as they faced a serious threat they ran into a stone wall and crashed..

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 20:08:25 Reply

At 7/3/10 08:02 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Yeah, Brazil and Argentina were having a lot of fun dreaming of the world cup white beating minor teams, but as soon as they faced a serious threat they ran into a stone wall and crashed..

I always knew Brazil wouldn't win this year, I had my doubts about Argentina, but today they were sent home. I'm thinking Germany's going to win the WC this year, but hell, you can never be sure, right?
The only team I fell kind of bad about is Ghana, they had such great chances and lost them.

sixflab
sixflab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 20:17:54 Reply

At 7/3/10 08:08 PM, MiroDK wrote:
At 7/3/10 08:02 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Yeah, Brazil and Argentina were having a lot of fun dreaming of the world cup white beating minor teams, but as soon as they faced a serious threat they ran into a stone wall and crashed..
I always knew Brazil wouldn't win this year, I had my doubts about Argentina, but today they were sent home. I'm thinking Germany's going to win the WC this year, but hell, you can never be sure, right?
The only team I fell kind of bad about is Ghana, they had such great chances and lost them.

I was floored when I watched the ending of the Ghana game. They had that game in the bag and were ready to advance onto the next round and they just let it slip away. It's not often that you get that kind of a chance on the world stage. Alas though they were the team from Africa that went the farthest.

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 20:30:54 Reply

At 7/3/10 08:17 PM, sixflab wrote: I was floored when I watched the ending of the Ghana game. They had that game in the bag and were ready to advance onto the next round and they just let it slip away. It's not often that you get that kind of a chance on the world stage. Alas though they were the team from Africa that went the farthest.

Yeah, mostly every other African team's fans just started cheering for Ghana, it was almost like the whole continent was putting their hopes on them.

LinkSilvermane
LinkSilvermane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 20:55:09 Reply

At 7/3/10 04:21 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Spain won..but they only have Casillias to thank for his three goal-denying saves.

Hey, Italy sure as fuck wouldn't have gotten anywhere without Buffon saving our butts every single match.

Perhaps not the most deserved win in the world, but I think it's nice to see 'em get a chance to win a second major title in two years.

They gotta wake the hell up, though.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature
Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 23:37:13 Reply

At 7/3/10 04:42 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: When Victorino (he took the last one of Uruguay, right?) made that panenka, I was like 'omgwtflol'. I can't believe he dared to do that, with so many pressure on in.

Actually, that was Abreu ;)

Well, the last African country is out. That's a shame, I would've loved to see an African country in teh semi-finals or even the finals. So we are going to encounter Uruguay now. Shouldn't be a problem. There missing Suarez and probably two defenders. I think we can handle it. :)

We're also missing a midfielder (Lodeiro).

Also, both of the matches today were awesome. IMO Paraguay deserved to win. Once again, the referees make a mistake that completely changes the result of the game. First of all, the offside goal, and then the penalty shots. If the penalty kick by Spain (after a foul that didn't exist) was disallowed, then Paraguay's penalty should have been disallowed too.

megaguy2025
megaguy2025
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-04 00:45:19 Reply

Cool Ronaldo says: I dont care if Klose beats my record. that man is cool

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-04 06:43:40 Reply

At 7/3/10 11:37 PM, Ismael92 wrote: If the penalty kick by Spain (after a foul that didn't exist)

Actually, Villa was pushed. Sure, he falls down very easily, but it was a foul. There was also a second foul after the penalty was saved. The goalie fould Fabregas, I think. Should've been another penalty.

then Paraguay's penalty should have been disallowed too.

Yeah, the spanish players where almost as close to the goal as the one who took the penalty. Should've been taken again.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Cericon
Cericon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-04 07:27:42 Reply

I have a serious problem with how easily these guys fall down.
I mean, I know you want a penalty and all, but do you have to make it look like you were thrown down a flight of stairs every time you stumble?

BBS Signature
Platypus
Platypus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-04 07:47:36 Reply

At 7/4/10 07:27 AM, Cericon wrote: I have a serious problem with how easily these guys fall down.
I mean, I know you want a penalty and all, but do you have to make it look like you were thrown down a flight of stairs every time you stumble?

i agree. i no soccer isn't really contact, but when I have played sometimes you get knocked over, and you just get up and get on with it, the wimpiness of these professionals have ruined pro soccer in a way for me

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-04 08:54:37 Reply

At 7/4/10 07:27 AM, Cericon wrote: I mean, I know you want a penalty and all, but do you have to make it look like you were thrown down a flight of stairs every time you stumble?

I have a theroy: On football pitches the gravitation is A LOT higher than anywhere else on the earth. So if you get touched on a pitch and you stumble, you WILL fall down because you just aren't used to this high gravitation. :O

Also, better late then never...

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-04 16:19:08 Reply

At 7/4/10 07:27 AM, Cericon wrote: I have a serious problem with how easily these guys fall down.

Thing is, ref's probably not gonna see it if you don't fall down and stumble, but sadly lots of players have taken advantage of it and fall on purpose to get some free kicks, penatlies, fouls etc..of course on-field video technology could change that...let's see when is FIFA going to do something about it.

Hoekzema
Hoekzema
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-04 17:17:56 Reply

Holland will defeat Germany in the finals and then we'll finally forget about the last century. :D

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-04 17:31:26 Reply

At 7/4/10 05:17 PM, Hoekzema wrote: Holland will defeat Germany in the finals and then we'll finally forget about the last century. :D

And Spain/Argentina were predicted to have dominated this WC. You can never be sure about something.

Onepiece285
Onepiece285
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-04 17:32:50 Reply

IF I'm Spain right now I'm fucking scared shitless.

///\(^-^)/HESTIA DANCE\(^-^)////--\\\2016 NHL Playoffs Discussion\\\--///Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching///

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-05 14:56:08 Reply

At 7/4/10 05:17 PM, Hoekzema wrote: Holland will defeat Germany in the finals and then we'll finally forget about the last century. :D

I'm not so convinced about that personally.

I think we can beat Uruguay though. Uruguay is missing four base players under whom one of their star players, Luis Suarez.

Also, I think Holland is only the first difficult opponent Uruguay is facing this WC. They had by far the easiest road to the semis if you ask me and they were still on the verge of being eliminated by Ghana last match. The Ghana that Holland wiped the floor with a couple of weeks ago (4-1). So despite Uruguay making it this far, they still gotta prove themselves in my opinion and I think they won't be able to.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 8 February 2016)

BBS Signature
Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-05 16:30:37 Reply

At 7/5/10 02:56 PM, Auz wrote: Also, I think Holland is only the first difficult opponent Uruguay is facing this WC.

Not only is that true, but Uruguay hardly won against their easier opponents. The only team that they really handled easily was South Africa. The rest of their games were a tie against France and 1 goal wins against every other team. I mean the teams that they played were by no means weak teams, but they were teams that Uruguay should have handled if they wanted to be contenders in the semifinals.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 07:03:40 Reply

At 7/5/10 04:30 PM, Ship wrote:
At 7/5/10 02:56 PM, Auz wrote: Also, I think Holland is only the first difficult opponent Uruguay is facing this WC.
Not only is that true, but Uruguay hardly won against their easier opponents.

The worst thing the dutch team can do now is to underestimate their opponent. You don't get this far in a tournament only because you are lucky (even though they where REALLY lucky Ghana missed the penalty shot).
If you underestimate your opponent in the semi finals of a world cup, you don't deserve to win.

I still think Holland will make it to the finals, though.

Jon
Jon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 07:33:14 Reply

At 7/4/10 05:32 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: IF I'm Spain right now I'm fucking scared shitless.

Agreed. A Holland - Germany final is inevitable, unless Germany really fuck up this match.

The final will be in-fucking-credible.

hello

LinkSilvermane
LinkSilvermane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 08:38:54 Reply

Italians complimented the German team's obvious discipline and good tactics on the field.

German coach told the press that "Our team will win this Cup thanks to our unbeatable offense. Not like how ITALY won the last World Cup".

Thanks a lot, you untermensch. I hope Holland beats the snot outta you.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature
Perversion
Perversion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 09:40:33 Reply

I'm not even that interested in the Holland-Uruguay match. All I want to see it Spain get the holy fuck beaten out of them. Germany 7 goals, Spain 0.

Jacco
Jacco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 09:45:52 Reply

At 7/6/10 09:40 AM, Perversion wrote: I'm not even that interested in the Holland-Uruguay match. All I want to see it Spain get the holy fuck beaten out of them. Germany 7 goals, Spain 0.

That match against Uruguay will indeed be not that interesting, because we all know Holland will win.

But I do think Spain has a decent chance against Germany, so that will be an exciting match!

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 10:29:44 Reply

Remember that Octopus oracle? It predicted that Germany wins against England and also predicted that Germany wins against Argentina. And now? It predicted SPAIN will win against Germany!

Fuck, we are doomed. :'(

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 49
Programmer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 10:33:37 Reply

looks like im winning $500 thanks germany.

AD BLOCKER | SCRIPT BLOCKER | ACM | CNET | TOM'S HARDWARE
For all you IT news and support.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 11:08:09 Reply

Holland - Uruguay today. HOlland is gonna win this one. It's not gonna be an easy-peasy, but it won't be that hard. Only problem now is: who will Holland encounter in the finals (considering they win from Uruguay)? Holland - Germany would be the ultimate final match, but the Mannschaft showed us that they're very strong. Spain is less strong, but they're also quite good. Other thing is that Holland still hasn't shown what it's got.

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Monsters In My Bed!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 11:42:17 Reply

At 7/6/10 07:03 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 7/5/10 04:30 PM, Ship wrote:
The worst thing the dutch team can do now is to underestimate their opponent. You don't get this far in a tournament only because you are lucky (even though they where REALLY lucky Ghana missed the penalty shot).
If you underestimate your opponent in the semi finals of a world cup, you don't deserve to win.

I still think Holland will make it to the finals, though.

Yes you're right there. I think underestimating our opponents was what eliminated us last time. After surviving the group of death with stunning victories, we had to face Russia of which everyone thought they would get their asses handed to them. Then we lost 3-1 after extra time =/

At 7/6/10 10:29 AM, Haggard wrote: Remember that Octopus oracle? It predicted that Germany wins against England and also predicted that Germany wins against Argentina. And now? It predicted SPAIN will win against Germany!

Fuck, we are doomed. :'(

Haha, yeah I heard about that octopus. Apparently he predicted 80% of Germany's matches right the last EC, so this is indeed a bad omen for you guys. But he could be wrong you know ;)

At 7/6/10 11:08 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Holland - Germany would be the ultimate final match, but the Mannschaft showed us that they're very strong. Spain is less strong, but they're also quite good. Other thing is that Holland still hasn't shown what it's got.

I think we stand more of a chance against Spain than against Germany, but Holland - Germany is simply the best final imaginable so I wouldn't mind having that one. We'll probably lose in the end, but oh well... at least we got some historical sports moments we can look back to and say that "we were there" ^^

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 8 February 2016)

BBS Signature
DingoTheDog
DingoTheDog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 12:18:39 Reply

If Torres starts the match then I can go ahead and bin my bookies coupon for Spain to win.

BBS Signature
Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 12:34:15 Reply

At 7/6/10 12:18 PM, DingoTheDog wrote: If Torres starts the match then I can go ahead and bin my bookies coupon for Spain to win.

Haha yeah, what's up with him?

Lunaful Is Awkwardly Honest. MSPA Crew

BBS Signature
DingoTheDog
DingoTheDog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-06 13:15:49 Reply

At 7/6/10 12:34 PM, Lunaful wrote:
At 7/6/10 12:18 PM, DingoTheDog wrote: If Torres starts the match then I can go ahead and bin my bookies coupon for Spain to win.
Haha yeah, what's up with him?

He supposedly isnt carrying an injury so it must be his fitness as he has been absolutely ineffective during the campaign so far. David Villa is doing all the work up front and its gotten Spain through so far all be it by the skin on their balls, but if they are serious contenders for the Cup then they really need Torres to get his thumb out his arse or to be kept on the bench.

BBS Signature