00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

124,768 Views | 2,892 Replies

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 18:03:16

At 7/2/10 05:19 PM, Gagsy wrote: What a dramatic ending.

I feel so sad for the gvuy that missed the penalty in extra time. He looked broken by the end of the match. Had Essien been there he would have scored a pen.

Things could have been very different if Essien was there.

Suarez move...just amazing. To me that's just heroic. Cheating? Sure. Brave and effective? Of course.
I'm pretty no other "star" would have the guts to do what he did, knowing they would miss the semifinals.

And to the debate coming in the next days: If it were a Ghana player who did it, he would be the hero of Africa, so yeah, smart and brave move.

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 18:05:30

At 7/2/10 06:00 PM, gingermagicman wrote: SUAREZ, THE CHEATING BASTARD.
I suppose he's like a martyr, giving himself for the good of his cause.
But still, it's not right that Uruguay won. It just goes to show that cheating > honesty. Just like France proved against Ireland, or Italy against... everyone in the last world cup.
Ghana through and through.

You cant compare it with what France did.
Suarez will pay for cheating. He saved his team doing so.
France paid nothing.

Cheating? yes, but they will pay, they'll miss suarez a lot. Probably a big factor if they lose the next game.

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 18:07:01

At 7/2/10 06:03 PM, enquencle wrote: Suarez move...just amazing. To me that's just heroic. Cheating? Sure. Brave and effective? Of course.
I'm pretty no other "star" would have the guts to do what he did, knowing they would miss the semifinals.

Well yeah, but let's not forget that Ghana got a penalty for what he did, and he won't be on the next game, so he has been rightly punished...
Ghana have nobody to blame but themselves for this loss.

With that being said, can't wait for tomorrow's games, especially Arg-Ger as the other one will probably be a "bend over" kind of match..

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 18:23:36

Unlucky Ghana. It must be said that the blatant act of cheating by Luis Suarez actually won Uruguay the game. The header he 'saved' was going in, and I think when Uruguay get beaten by Holland the team's plane should be lit with gasoline by angry Ghanains. Chief among which will be Gyan.

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Gamertag: JuicyRumpSteak

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 18:30:07

At 7/2/10 06:23 PM, Rude-Awakening wrote: Unlucky Ghana. It must be said that the blatant act of cheating by Luis Suarez actually won Uruguay the game. The header he 'saved' was going in, and I think when Uruguay get beaten by Holland the team's plane should be lit with gasoline by angry Ghanains. Chief among which will be Gyan.

Hahaha suck it Ghana this is fuchibol lmao anything can happen and these kinds of things have been happening since the first world cup-

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 18:41:51

Imagine how incredibly pissed the people from Ghana must be with Suarez.

It's such a dirty move, it should count as an automatic goal at that point, rather than a penalty shot.

Shame on Ghana for fucking that kind of opportunity up, of course, but still. Dick-move he pulled there.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 19:32:41

At 7/2/10 05:32 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 7/2/10 05:15 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: HAHAHAHA GOODNIGHT DARK CONTINENT YOU ARE OUT!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA AFRICA FAIL.
Hehe, you're still butthurt because the US didn't make it, aren't you?

yeah I am but I had money on germany and the netherlands. I never expected the US to get to the top.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 19:35:08

At 7/2/10 06:51 PM, andhination wrote:
At 7/2/10 06:14 PM, gingermagicman wrote: Argentina VS Germany... who the hell are the English meant to cheer for?
The Germans because if you went out to someone, it might as well be the ones who go on to be the champions.

Yeah, so then they can find the excuse that "they got beaten by the team that won that world cup".

At 7/2/10 06:41 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote: Imagine how incredibly pissed the people from Ghana must be with Suarez.

It's such a dirty move, it should count as an automatic goal at that point, rather than a penalty shot.

Well, the ball didn't go into the net, so you can't count it as a goal no matter what.
It's like when a player is in front of an empty net and another player tackes him from behind...if the foul counts, the worst case scenario is a red card+penalty, but whatever happens after the whistle is blown is inconsequential

Shame on Ghana for fucking that kind of opportunity up, of course, but still. Dick-move he pulled there.

It might be a dick move, but it worked out wonderfully for him and his team.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 19:37:17

At 7/2/10 06:23 PM, Rude-Awakening wrote: Unlucky Ghana. It must be said that the blatant act of cheating by Luis Suarez actually won Uruguay the game. The header he 'saved' was going in, and I think when Uruguay get beaten by Holland the team's plane should be lit with gasoline by angry Ghanains. Chief among which will be Gyan.

It's not cheating if he actually got penalized for it. If he acted it out and made it seem like he did not touch it with the hand and end up getting away with it, then that's cheating. He had his fair share of getting the red card, and Ghana had its chance to shoot a penalty, but Ghana's player kicked it over the net, so it's Ghana's fault.
Luis Suarez just made a huge risk, and took it for his team, and the cards played in his favor. I can't blame him for what he did. Don't blame Suarez for Ghana's poor attempts at shooting penalties either.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 19:37:21

At 7/2/10 07:35 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
It might be a dick move, but it worked out wonderfully for him and his team.

Sure as hell am not going to disagree with that. Ten, twenty years from now, he might be their own little Mano De Dios legend.

Right now, the lack of sportsmanship is still forefront in my mind.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 19:52:37

At 7/2/10 07:37 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote: Sure as hell am not going to disagree with that. Ten, twenty years from now, he might be their own little Mano De Dios legend.

Maybe, who knows..
I know I would've done it if I was in his place..if he didn't do it his team would certainly lose, so he wouldn't even have a chance of NOT being in the next game..
So basically doing that was a no-brainer.

Right now, the lack of sportsmanship is still forefront in my mind.

Frankly the thing I mind the most is Ghana flushing their opportunities down the toilet..especially during the last mintues they lost so many chances, with the last second penalty being the crowning jewel of this missing spree..

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 20:09:42

well I still got money on netherlands and germany if either win I get $400.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 20:18:19

At 7/2/10 07:35 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Yeah, so then they can find the excuse that "they got beaten by the team that won that world cup".

My Mum is sticking up for Germany because she likes Klinsmann, and he's still on pundit duties here.

And I like Germany because I like Germany.

That's not to say, as a neutral, that Argentina haven't been gosh-darned impressive though. High hopes for game.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 21:27:18

Uruguay vs Ghana, what a dramatic game! Uruguay played pretty good though it missed some chances to score. And I just can't believe what Suarez did. I don't know why everyone thinks he's a hero, he's just a cheater.

Really, I'm Uruguayan, but I'd rather lose as a winner than win as a loser :/

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 22:09:10

At 7/2/10 09:27 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Uruguay vs Ghana, what a dramatic game! Uruguay played pretty good though it missed some chances to score. And I just can't believe what Suarez did. I don't know why everyone thinks he's a hero, he's just a cheater.

How is what he did cheating? He got penalized for it so the whole scenario was legit. Ghana not winning a goal there was Ghana's fault. They had the perfect opportunity to score the penalty and win the game. blah blah blah I'm repeating myself... If Ghana scored the penalty I bet no one would be angry at Suarez for that act.

Besides, since you're Uruguayan, be proud that you guys have a good Goalkeeper. Blocking two shots in Penalty Kicks rarely ever happens. If you're gonna say that it's because the kickers made bad shots, then that's really just Ghana's fault.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 22:19:19

At 7/2/10 08:24 PM, Lunaful wrote:
At 7/2/10 08:18 PM, Scarab wrote:
At 7/2/10 07:35 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Yeah, so then they can find the excuse that "they got beaten by the team that won that world cup".

I like Germany because I like Germany.
I like Germany because of this young man; Mesut Özil, this guy can play so wicked football.

What about Messi, then? >=(
-----------
I support Suarez and I believe he is ausom; I bet he'll get a distinction in Uruguay of some sort.

ANYWAY TOMORROW MATCH D:
I'll go to the café early, have a late breakfast, watch it, DIE OF NERVOUSNESS and hopefully come back home singing. Then have a late lunch.

VAMOS ARGENTINA!

The outstanding faults of the economic society in which we live are its failure to provide for full employment and its arbitrary and inequitable distribution of wealth -- JMK

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 22:22:10

England will win the World Cup

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 22:28:36

At 7/2/10 10:22 PM, mystro wrote: England will win the World Cup

they got took out FIRST ROUND.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-02 23:04:20

At 7/2/10 10:09 PM, verycoolguy wrote:
At 7/2/10 09:27 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Uruguay vs Ghana, what a dramatic game! Uruguay played pretty good though it missed some chances to score. And I just can't believe what Suarez did. I don't know why everyone thinks he's a hero, he's just a cheater.

How is what he did cheating? He got penalized for it so the whole scenario was legit. Ghana not winning a goal there was Ghana's fault. They had the perfect opportunity to score the penalty and win the game. blah blah blah I'm repeating myself... If Ghana scored the penalty I bet no one would be angry at Suarez for that act.

I'm very happy because we won the game, but if Suarez does something like that, everyone in Uruguay thinks he's a hero. But if Ghana had done that to us, everyone would be crying and complaining like the whiny bitches we are.

Besides, since you're Uruguayan, be proud that you guys have a good Goalkeeper. Blocking two shots in Penalty Kicks rarely ever happens. If you're gonna say that it's because the kickers made bad shots, then that's really just Ghana's fault.

Muslera is a good goalkeeper, I'm really happy because of that. Before the world cup, we were constantly changing goalkeepers, because they all made terrible mistakes that made us lose a lot of games.

At 7/2/10 10:26 PM, DarkSytze wrote: i'm really content with our keeper stekelenburg, this being the reason. besides he's solid, doesn't make stupid mistakes; he keeps his cool. he's great.

Your goalkeeper is great, that was awesome.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 04:26:55

At 7/2/10 09:05 PM, DarkSytze wrote:

how is it ironic? suarez sacrificed himself by committing a foul, it's fair cause ghana got a penalty;

By that logic, he might as well have punched the Ghana shooter in the face hard enough to make him lose consciousness, and "sacrificed himself" that way.

IT'S OK, AS LONG AS HE GETS PUNISHED!

It's understandable, and I might've done it myself by sheer desperation if I'd been there (scratch that: I've DONE it once in a game of soccer, and got a yellow card. Dude on the other team even screwed up the penalty shot :D), but that doesn't make it any more of a decent thing to do.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 04:42:29

Man, Ghana is so damn unlucky. I sat on the tip of my chair when Suarez slammed the ball away. I can't believe how Asamoa could've missed that penalty. Sure, the pressure must have been enormous, but you still want to win, don't ya?

I also found it wrong that Asamoa took the first penatly. He already missed one, the one that could've gotten them in the semi-finals. He completely lost concentration, so I was sure he would miss. He didn't though, wrong statement of mine.

The third and fourth penalty of Ghana were so messed up. Worst penalties I've seen in a while. They were lucky the third of Uruguay missed too.

When Victorino (he took the last one of Uruguay, right?) made that panenka, I was like 'omgwtflol'. I can't believe he dared to do that, with so many pressure on in.

Well, the last African country is out. That's a shame, I would've loved to see an African country in teh semi-finals or even the finals. So we are going to encounter Uruguay now. Shouldn't be a problem. There missing Suarez and probably two defenders. I think we can handle it. :)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 09:27:33

At 6/6/10 05:59 PM, JKMonkey wrote: Winner: Italy
Final: Italy vs France
Score: 3-1

You know guys, one of the greatest things about this thread is to go back to the beggining of it and laugh at some of the predictions :p.

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.

My "art" :D

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 10:04:28

1-0 to Germany after 3 minutes, Muller scores! Unbelievable start to the game, although experience tells me when a team scores this early the other team tends to dominate, we shall see though, Germany might go for the jugular.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 10:09:33

Seems like Germany scoring might wake Messi up a bit, hopefully there's some good football :)

hfg

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 10:12:21

Germany is already leading? Awesome!

I'm hoping they're gonna win this one, because I'd love to see a final with Holland and Germany. Also, Maradonna's mouth is too big and I'm afraid if Argentina wins the WC he will never shut up about it, ever.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 10:13:55

Impressive play by Schweinsteiger and Muller to get the goal quickly. Ten minutes in, it's good to see the pan is still hot.

Mark Lawrenson: The boy band are off their feet... (referring to Loew and the assistant after the goal)

Steve Wilson: FIFA, in their wisdom, have credited by Dutch goals yesterday to Wesley Sneijder.
Mark Lawrenson: Lack of wisdom.

Oh you silly man.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 10:27:54

Messi is playing incredibly!

hfg

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 10:45:20

At 7/3/10 10:12 AM, Auz wrote:

Also, Maradonna's mouth is too big and I'm afraid if Argentina wins the WC he will never shut up about it, ever.

Did you know? Maradonna promised that if Argentinia wins the World Cup he's gonna run through the streets while naked.

I swear, it's true!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 10:47:55

Yeah, Klose should've had that chance a while ago. If Argentina keep this sort of attack going, they might catch Germany with their pants down eventually, and that chance would not be good to look back on - as said, that segment where Messi took on about three defenders at once was cool. At the moment though I'd say Germany are the more impressive all-around team.

Also,

Steve Wilson: Before the tournament he was seen as one of the big must-have signings.
Mark Lawrenson: Yeah, but a vuvuzela might be a 'must-have' too.

Steve Wilson: He's like a fan in a suit isn't he, Diego?
Mark Lawrenson: Or Sopranos extra, one of the two.

AND THERE WERE MORE.

Half time: Germany 1, Argentina 0.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-07-03 10:48:06

At 7/3/10 10:45 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Did you know? Maradonna promised that if Argentinia wins the World Cup he's gonna run through the streets while naked.

I swear, it's true!

I heard that too!!!

you'd almost let them win on purpose...

almost...