Sir-Nuts
Sir-Nuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 14:56:13 Reply

1-0 Argentina with an illegal goal.

NICE JOB, REFEREES. You are doing GREAT today!

C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 14:58:00 Reply

At 6/27/10 02:52 PM, Shakyjake wrote:
At 6/27/10 02:43 PM, Quicksmasher96 wrote: All matches in which Germany, Argentinia, Portugal, Spain and/or Uruguay are playing are (at least for this cup) over-average exciting.
I didn't think Portugal Brazil was all that exciting. Maybe my expectations were too high though.

They might have been, understandably so. But i find people have been labelling that game as a complete bore draw a bit unfairly, because the teams only locked up after about 70 minutes of good chances for either side.
Still, yeah, for those of us who were expecting POR-BRA to be a worldwide lesson in "this is how you turn football into an art form", it wasn't as spectacular as one would've dreamt.
Meanwhile, Teves has scored from a very good insistence play, but he was offside by a yard. Bit sad for Mexico. More drama, more bitching, more whining, more crying, more controversy. FIFA should love this.
Owait, the liner is discussing it with the ref, the liner knows it was offside, they see the replay, they -know- they've fucked up, but because the main ref has already said it's a goal, it's a goal. Again, FIFA should love this.
This WC is a sports journalist's and editor's wet dream.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature
Shakyjake
Shakyjake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 14:58:08 Reply

At 6/27/10 02:55 PM, HeavyTank wrote: 1-0...and an offside goal.
LRN2REFEREE
Fuckssake.

Linesman saw it on the big screen and (according to the rules) couldn't change his decision.

This is what's wrong with football.

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 14:58:13 Reply

At 6/27/10 02:56 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: NICE JOB, REFEREES. You are doing GREAT today!

You said it. Excellent work guys. :P

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 14:58:24 Reply

he was at an offside position BY 3 FUCKING METERS YOU BLIND IDIOTS.
fucking newbie referees, screwing up this Cup.

satochi08
satochi08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:02:24 Reply

goal xD!!!
2-0

OMGWTFBBQ <--- this meat must taste awesome! D:

BBS Signature
PWJP
PWJP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:02:34 Reply

fucking Mexico defenders, that mistake CANNOT happen in a team.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:02:47 Reply

At 6/27/10 02:58 PM, Shakyjake wrote: Linesman saw it on the big screen and (according to the rules) couldn't change his decision.

This is what's wrong with football.

Yeah, that's kinda stupid..if it's so obvious, you should be able to change it.
Also, 2-0 because of a stupid, stupid mistake.

Sir-Nuts
Sir-Nuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:03:05 Reply

At 6/27/10 02:58 PM, reverend wrote:
At 6/27/10 02:56 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: NICE JOB, REFEREES. You are doing GREAT today!
You said it. Excellent work guys. :P

HEY, this one was legal, they shouldn't have allowed this one! >:(

Also, lol at Mexico's defence.

Really...

C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:03:16 Reply

The fuck kind of pass was that? LOL 2-0, has to go down as biggest cockup of the tournament.
And you thought England's defence was made of crap and masking tape.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature
mystro
mystro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:04:13 Reply

Argentina, god fucking damn

they have Agüero Miltio and god knows who the fuck else as subs too, Lavezzi and Palacios didn't even make the squad...

satochi08
satochi08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:08:04 Reply

why is argentinia so god damn agressive? one attack after another ...

OMGWTFBBQ <--- this meat must taste awesome! D:

BBS Signature
mystro
mystro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:09:01 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:08 PM, satochi08 wrote: why is argentinia so god damn agressive? one attack after another ...

They have more talent upfront then any other team at the world cup

thies
thies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:09:36 Reply

Guys, here's the prove. The referee made a good decision by rejecting the goal.

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio
Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature
knucks1
knucks1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:12:41 Reply

Defense fail.
Referee fail.
Goal fail.

Today is definitely just so bizarre.

C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:14:08 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:09 PM, thies wrote: Guys, here's the prove. The referee made a good decision by rejecting the goal.

Been posted before. About one page behind this one. Lurk plz.

At 6/27/10 03:08 PM, satochi08 wrote: why is argentinia so god damn agressive? one attack after another...

I don't get why this confuses people, like Por 7 - 0 NKo. In a knockout game, or during a group phase when the points and goal difference still count, when you're losing, you attack; when you're tied, you attack; when you're winning, you attack. You stop attacking about 2 seconds -after- the final whistle, because you might be hearing things from the fatigue.
Argentina has their hands around Mexico's throat. Why let go? If they let go, what do you think Mexico will do?

BBS Signature
mystro
mystro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:16:39 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:11 PM, johnholroid wrote:
At 6/27/10 03:09 PM, mystro wrote:
At 6/27/10 03:08 PM, satochi08 wrote: why is argentinia so god damn agressive? one attack after another ...
bullshit they've got shit defence, brazil are better than them they've just got one of the current best players in the world doesn't mean their team has the most talent in the world cup

I never said they had an amazing defence, infact once of the weirder choices for the argies imo was not taking Cambiasso and Zanetti; for the group stages they had a RM who plays for Newcastle playing where Zanetti would have, LOL

And Messi isn't the only forward who matters FYI, I stand by what I said before about the depth in attack.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:18:43 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:11 PM, johnholroid wrote:
bullshit they've got shit defence, brazil are better than them they've just got one of the current best players in the world doesn't mean their team has the most talent in the world cup

Actually if we're talking about superstars Spain has a team composed almost entirely out of them..and England..and France...
Having good players does not equal having a good team.
And Brazil and Argentina, for the first time in a lot of years, are actually equal in skill and number of superstars in their teams...

Aprime
Aprime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Game Developer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:19:16 Reply

Best of 3

Fan me up | Twitter l My Website l YouTube (Please Subscribe)

BBS Signature
Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:21:26 Reply

I can't believe how the referees keep making such big mistakes :/

RohantheBarbarian
RohantheBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:24:36 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:21 PM, Ismael92 wrote: I can't believe how the referees keep making such big mistakes :/

I have seen so much of it now that I'm secretly hoping a HUGE one ruins the final, so FIFA and Blatter get off their fucking asses and bring football into the 21st century like every other bloody sport in the world.

If rugby union can handle video replays with minimal fuss I don't see why football, with its worldwide popularity and billions in finances, can't do the same.

C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:25:00 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:16 PM, mystro wrote:
At 6/27/10 03:11 PM, johnholroid wrote: bullshit they've got shit defence
I never said they had an amazing defence, infact once of the weirder choices for the argies imo was not taking Cambiasso and Zanetti; for the group stages they had a RM who plays for Newcastle playing where Zanetti would have, LOL

Portugal suffers from a "manager" who has made experiments well into a WC, like trying to adapt a central defender to the right defensive wing, like a central defender has anywhere near the speed to recover from fast attacking wingers. Or the mentality to support his own attacking winger with rotations, ball holding, and second crosses when the first crosses are blocked and rebound. You make these experiments to see if that specific central defender is capable of doing all of these things, oh i don't know, during the friendlies months before the WC? Fuck having assistant-managers as managers, seriously.
Applied to the Argentine team, moving an attacking winger back down to the defence is pretty much just as stupid as moving a central defender sideways to the wing. They're lucky it's been the Mexican defence fucking up epically, and not their own.

And Messi isn't the only forward who matters FYI, I stand by what I said before about the depth in attack.

Higuaín, Suárez, and even both wing defenders when they move up like i described before make Argentina the best attacking team in this tournament. I'd love to watch them play some other very offensive-minded team with the same lack of balance in the back, would make for a pretty wide scoreline.

BBS Signature
enquencle
enquencle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:26:45 Reply

Goddamn, 2 in a day, now i know how you english lads feel.
FIFA. you already got the screens on the stadium, why not change? why are you so afraid? 2 whole matches thrown to shit due to reff decisions.

And Osorio, mexican defender: That mistakes CAN NOT HAPPEN during a world cup. For fucks sake, 3 in a row. We could be losing 4-0 by now. That is what happens when you have anold keeper when you have the best one of the legue sitting on the bench for the whole cup, and an old, slow defender who doesnt even play with his team, and a young, faster defender in the eredivise league, sittingfor the decisive match.

Coaches and their decisions.

Gamertag: enquencle
Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature
LinkSilvermane
LinkSilvermane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:28:24 Reply

At 6/27/10 02:39 PM, C-Hawk wrote:
Bah, you know you love Mourinho's shit-stirring.

Like everyone else, I did for a while. Right until he started bad mouthing MY team and MY coach and MY favorite players.

But seriously, the dude's nuts. Went saying that terrorist acts in Russia, which had occured about a week before his team traveled there for a game, had been accomplished for the sole purpose of off-setting Inter when they had to play against CSKA Moscow.

He applauded S.S. Lazio for letting him win a match (basically, they just let down their panties 'round their ankles and let Inter ram 'em up the keister, just to spite the rival team in Rome by allowing Inter to pull ahead in the tournament), when the team's own president was ashamed and disgusted by the fans and players (with the notable exception of Muslera).

Dude's nuts.

Anyhow, DAMNED interesting game so far, which unfortunately is at the same time a prime example of why Video Replay should be used during regular matches.

Mexicans must be PISSED.

Looked like the ref was about to declare 0 - 0 after consulting the linesman, but the Mexican players crowded him waaaaaaaaay too much. He was pretty much forced to tell 'em to shut the hell up and back off, at that point, just ot ensure that people respect the ref's decisions.

Also, what's all the fighting during halftime about?

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature
RalphieUJ
RalphieUJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:29:38 Reply

Even I thought that was unfair for Mexico, things like this are just screaming to FIFA that they need the proper technology. Good thing that 2nd goal appeared :D

I predict at least 2 more goalsfor either side and a lot of yellow cards.

At 6/27/10 03:09 PM, thies wrote: Guys, here's the prove. The referee made a good decision by rejecting the goal.

lol

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."
Last.fm

BBS Signature
mystro
mystro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:30:42 Reply

I missed the Portugal - NK match which looks to have been one of the highlights so far, kicking myself over that :(

Still it could be worse, Spain are guaranteed to choke fantastically at one point or another so you may get lucky, regardless of how much you manager feels like playing a goalkeeper as a center forward :P

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:30:55 Reply

At 6/27/10 02:43 PM, C-Hawk wrote: This WC is reminding us all of some pretty obscure reffing rules about offsides.
Previous one was: if you're behind the keeper and receive the ball, you're offside.

What? Where did that happen?
Offside has nothing to do with the goalkeeper. If you are closer to the goal then the next to last player of the opposite team, you are offside. It doesn't matter where the goalkeeper is. He can be in front of the other goal, it doesn't matter. What matters is how many players of the defending team are closer to the goal than the one recieving the ball.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:31:11 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:24 PM, Victory wrote:
But fucking hell, FIFA and Blatter need to change this business with the refs and video technology. It cannot be easy being a referee in these big games, with entire countries watching and criticising your performance should you get anything wrong. Football at the top level - world cup, champions league, premier league - is nothing like at the grass roots level. Every single decision is crucial. Video technology is a must.

Exactly, well said.Give them some sort of portable screen...and someone could say that in Eng-Ger Germany would've won 3-2 even if the mistakes didn't happen, but there's also the "losing heart" factor that a cancelled or unfair goal can produce...

enquencle
enquencle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:32:14 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:28 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote: Mexicans must be PISSED.

You have no idea.
Between our own mistakes and FIFA shit, this game is going pretty bad for us. Let's hope we can recover.
It's time for changes.

Gamertag: enquencle
Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature