New Topic Respond to this Topic
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:30:55 Reply

At 6/27/10 02:43 PM, C-Hawk wrote: This WC is reminding us all of some pretty obscure reffing rules about offsides.
Previous one was: if you're behind the keeper and receive the ball, you're offside.

What? Where did that happen?
Offside has nothing to do with the goalkeeper. If you are closer to the goal then the next to last player of the opposite team, you are offside. It doesn't matter where the goalkeeper is. He can be in front of the other goal, it doesn't matter. What matters is how many players of the defending team are closer to the goal than the one recieving the ball.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:31:11 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:24 PM, Victory wrote:
But fucking hell, FIFA and Blatter need to change this business with the refs and video technology. It cannot be easy being a referee in these big games, with entire countries watching and criticising your performance should you get anything wrong. Football at the top level - world cup, champions league, premier league - is nothing like at the grass roots level. Every single decision is crucial. Video technology is a must.

Exactly, well said.Give them some sort of portable screen...and someone could say that in Eng-Ger Germany would've won 3-2 even if the mistakes didn't happen, but there's also the "losing heart" factor that a cancelled or unfair goal can produce...

enquencle
enquencle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:32:14 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:28 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote: Mexicans must be PISSED.

You have no idea.
Between our own mistakes and FIFA shit, this game is going pretty bad for us. Let's hope we can recover.
It's time for changes.

Gamertag: enquencle
Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature
LinkSilvermane
LinkSilvermane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:32:49 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:29 PM, LatinoRalf wrote: Even I thought that was unfair for Mexico, things like this are just screaming to FIFA that they need the proper technology.

People have been bitching about proper technology since the 90's. Blatter and Platini keep giving the same answer.

"Video Replay will not be used in any legitimate, official way as long as we're around."

All we can do is make like the Irish and hope they both croak.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature
LinkSilvermane
LinkSilvermane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:34:34 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:32 PM, enquencle wrote:

You have no idea.

2002, Italy VS South Korea.

Byron Moreno.

Yeah, I kinda do :D

In any case, though I'm rooting for Argentina, I certainly don't want 'em to win thanks to a ref fuck-up. I hope this second half has no such bs ruining the game.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature
C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:35:13 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:24 PM, Victory wrote: Football at the top level - world cup, champions league, premier league - is nothing like at the grass roots level. Every single decision is crucial. Video technology is a must.

Yes, proven by the Europa Cup\Champions' League's 5 referees (with the added 2 refs next to the goal to act as linesmen just to watch the goal line). It proves that when they say it's "too expensive" they're talking out their asses to justify their fear of anything remotely """new""".
And different confederations have completely different rules: in the CONMEBOL, throwing toilet paper onto the pitch results in play going on with the toilet paper still on the pitch, whereas in any other place, play stops until it's removed.
The CONMEBOL has good stuff too, like the temporary freekick grass spray i've linked here before, but that's not yet used in other confederations.
Proves rules change according to budgets, and fuck me if a FIFA WORLD CUP doesn't move enough money to use a +Teamgeist 2.
Second half, here's hoping the attacking play from both sides stays exciting.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:37:45 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:31 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/27/10 03:24 PM, Victory wrote:
But fucking hell, FIFA and Blatter need to change this business with the refs and video technology. It cannot be easy being a referee in these big games, with entire countries watching and criticising your performance should you get anything wrong. Football at the top level - world cup, champions league, premier league - is nothing like at the grass roots level. Every single decision is crucial. Video technology is a must.
Exactly, well said.Give them some sort of portable screen...and someone could say that in Eng-Ger Germany would've won 3-2 even if the mistakes didn't happen, but there's also the "losing heart" factor that a cancelled or unfair goal can produce...

It would definitely have been a different game, though I still think Germany would've won.
But two such mistakes from refs in only one day (disallowed goal for England, offside goal for Argentina)? It REALLY is time for a change here...

mystro
mystro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:39:44 Reply

What was that you were saying about Tevez

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:40:57 Reply

Okay, that was a nice shot.
Sadly I don't think Mexico can recover from that...

C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:42:09 Reply

OH

MY

GOD

What a goal by Tevez. Yeah, kindly shut up, Argentina's attack is the best of this tournament, that's what we were talking about, attack, not "who has the best team".

At 6/27/10 03:30 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 6/27/10 02:43 PM, C-Hawk wrote: This WC is reminding us all of some pretty obscure reffing rules about offsides.
Previous one was: if you're behind the keeper and receive the ball, you're offside.
What? Where did that happen?
Offside has nothing to do with the goalkeeper. If you are closer to the goal then the next to last player of the opposite team, you are offside. It doesn't matter where the goalkeeper is. He can be in front of the other goal, it doesn't matter. What matters is how many players of the defending team are closer to the goal than the one recieving the ball.

It does, i had forgotten about this offside rule, but if you are attacking and are behind the defending goalkeeper, if you receive a pass, you're offside. It happened in one of the group games, i forget which.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature
sparrow
sparrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:43:15 Reply

Tevez's goal is one of the best goals i've ever seen.

Sup?

BBS Signature
mystro
mystro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:47:03 Reply

Mexico need to get their shit together or this will be more of a rout then our loss today

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:50:04 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:42 PM, C-Hawk wrote: It does, i had forgotten about this offside rule, but if you are attacking and are behind the defending goalkeeper, if you receive a pass, you're offside. It happened in one of the group games, i forget which.

No, it doesn't.
I know which game you're talking about (even though I too have forgotten which team played ^^). The scene was from a free kick or a corner kick, IIRC, the goalie went out to get the ball. There was one defending player at the post and one attacking player in the space between the goalie and the defending player. As the attacking player was closer to the goal than the next to last player (which just happend to be the goalie) he was offside.

If what you are saying was true, then the goalie would just wait at the middle line when there's a corner kick or a free kick and every player would just be offside.

mystro
mystro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:51:35 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:50 PM, laurawildin wrote: will you guys shut the fuck up DERPs tevez had a good goal but even shit teams score goals like that so stop acting like that's the first time that's ever been done in history. talking about "that's the best goal i've ever seen". fuck off man

you're still bad at this

Zack
Zack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:51:55 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:50 PM, laurawildin wrote: super bitch wah wah wah

lolol

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."
~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:53:59 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:50 PM, laurawildin wrote: will you guys shut the fuck up and stop acting like you know everything, most of you have been watching football for a few days and acting like you know everything.

YEAH SHUDDUP I KNOW FEWTBAWL BETTER THAN JEW DO, UR OPINION DUSNT COUNT FUK OFF

C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:54:09 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:50 PM, Haggard wrote: As the attacking player was closer to the goal than the next to last player (which just happend to be the goalie) he was offside.

FFFFyes you explained it better than i did.
But about the goalie waiting at the midfield line, what about long shots? :P
Loving how Mexico is pushing forward though, very good game. 3-0 is a bit unfair relatively to how much Mexico is producing in their final third.

BBS Signature
Zack
Zack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:54:47 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:53 PM, laurawildin wrote: im such a big baby wah wah wah also a shitty troll

lolol

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature
Zack
Zack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:57:56 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:56 PM, Ejit wrote:
At 6/27/10 03:54 PM, Zack wrote:
At 6/27/10 03:53 PM, laurawildin wrote: im such a big baby wah wah wah also a shitty troll
lolol
rich coming from the guy who left in a strop after his trolling not working out

hahhahaha
<3

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature
DingoTheDog
DingoTheDog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:58:37 Reply

At 6/27/10 01:48 PM, johnholroid wrote: fuck the germans come on england!

Thefted from b3ta but relevant all the same.

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

BBS Signature
C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:58:51 Reply

At 6/27/10 03:54 PM, Zack wrote:
lolol

And Zack knows what the fuck he's talking about. He has a PhD in trolling. Hey babycakes <3

Also OMGNGUBNJRKTGF not every day you see someone save a shot with a header on top of the goal line, nearly shat myself.

BBS Signature
wismty
wismty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:59:30 Reply

I know Argentina is kicking our ass, but at least we're not going out without a fight. ;)

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 15:59:50 Reply

3-1..yet another nice goal...hell, we're finally seeing some good football.

RohantheBarbarian
RohantheBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 16:00:22 Reply

3-1, a superb goal from Chicharito, a true striker's goal if ever I saw one in this World Cup. Now things will get interesting, can Argentina handle the pressure of uncertainty now?

C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 16:06:43 Reply

At 6/27/10 04:00 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: 3-1, a superb goal from Chicharito, a true striker's goal if ever I saw one in this World Cup. Now things will get interesting, can Argentina handle the pressure of uncertainty now?

Mexico deserved at least an honour goal. Justice served.
Also, about the fighting at half-time, mind games are a huge part of football that not many people know how to use to their advantage. Again, Maradona has stated that he tries to think Mourinho. And like Silvermane has said, Mourinho is insane. He will say everything and anything that works to his advantage, no matter how ludicrous and\or offensive.
Which is probably why he's not managing a national team... yet. He'd probably call people and entire nations by racist or discriminatory names on worldwide TV, primetime, just to piss the opposition off enough to get them a few extra yellow cards. Maradona might me learning these things, and he doesn't have much of a reputation for sanity either.

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 16:12:41 Reply

At 6/27/10 04:09 PM, johnholroid wrote: will you SHUT THE FUCK UP! lol, piss me off. you're fit and all but jeez shut up, making a fucking essay about everything it's just football, i'm not even gonna read what you wrote i just know it's some typical bullshit coming from a pretty girl, you don't know shit

lolrage.
Ever heard of "not caring means not responding"?
If you don't care, then you shut the fuck up.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 16:14:19 Reply

messi has big nostrils.

None

C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 16:17:32 Reply

At 6/27/10 04:09 PM, johnholroid wrote:
At 6/27/10 04:06 PM, C-Hawk wrote:
will you SHUT THE FUCK UP! lol, piss me off. you're fit and all but jeez shut up, making a fucking essay about everything it's just football, i'm not even gonna read what you wrote i just know it's some typical bullshit coming from a pretty girl, you don't know shit

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of you posting "COME ON ENGLAND" nine (yes, i counted) times before, during and after the England game.
Also, it's not "3 LINES ON A SHIRT!", it's three lions on a shirt. I'm not English and i know more about your own national team than you do.
Sorry for posting constructively.

BBS Signature
GronmonSE
GronmonSE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 16:21:20 Reply

At 6/27/10 04:09 PM, johnholroid wrote:
At 6/27/10 04:06 PM, C-Hawk wrote:
will you SHUT THE FUCK UP! lol, piss me off. you're fit and all but jeez shut up, making a fucking essay about everything it's just football, i'm not even gonna read what you wrote i just know it's some typical bullshit coming from a pretty girl, you don't know shit

I could have sworn this was the FIFA World Cup thread where we, y'know, discuss football.

Fuck off.

lol @ lauracakes. Nice trolling.

Bye bye mexico.

Zack
Zack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-27 16:23:04 Reply

i wish me and C-hawk were having hot straight sex right now such a pretty lady