New Topic Respond to this Topic
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 09:24 AM, SkyArtist wrote: 7-0, that's depressing.

What surprises me is that Brazil didn't do the same.

ProffesorCrumpets
ProffesorCrumpets
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 04:49 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 04:46 PM, All-American-Badass wrote:

Highly over rated they aint gonna win it (England will lol)

RalphieUJ
RalphieUJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 05:22 PM Reply

"Pass the ball until you lose it."

-Vicente del Bosque

They seriously need someone with BALLS in that team and start shooting some BALLS at the net or they won't get very far in ths WC (as always).

"Aww man I shot marvin in the face..."
Last.fm

BBS Signature
ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 05:25 PM Reply

i'm an ass

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
All-American-Badass
All-American-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 04:49 PM, ProffesorCrumpets wrote:
At 6/21/10 04:46 PM, All-American-Badass wrote:
Highly over rated they aint gonna win it (England will lol)

Yeah England won't win. In fact they're in danger of not making it past the group stage.

Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 04:29 PM, Haggard wrote: If Spain continues to play like they did today, trying to carry the ball into the net, they won't make it very far. They just have to learn to shoot at the goal instead of passing the ball around in front of the penalty box.

It's amazing that such a stacked lineup couldn't produce more goals. It seemed like the only person taking chances at the goal was David Villa and the rest were just dancing around in the box.

I think Honduras made a good game. Sure, they didn't create any scoring chances whatsoever, but they played a pretty good defence most of the time and sometimes they also had some nice scenes in the offence but Spain just was about out of their league.

Honduras did play very well defensively. All of the extremely biased commentators from the USA were shocked that Spain didn't score more and kept bad-talking Honduras even though they played very well defensively. I truly think the Honduran team should be very proud of the way they played today and of their refusal to give up.

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 05:28 PM, All-American-Badass wrote: Yeah England won't win. In fact they're in danger of not making it past the group stage.

At least they aren't as fucked as France.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
darksytze
darksytze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 08:03 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 07:54 PM, MiroDK wrote:
At 6/21/10 05:28 PM, All-American-Badass wrote: Yeah England won't win. In fact they're in danger of not making it past the group stage.
At least they aren't as fucked as France.

france has an excuse for sucking as hard as they did; england doesn't.

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 08:03 PM, DarkSytze wrote: france has an excuse for sucking as hard as they did; england doesn't.

Yeah, you're right on that. Maybe they'll improve on the upcoming games.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
darksytze
darksytze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 08:06 PM, MiroDK wrote:
At 6/21/10 08:03 PM, DarkSytze wrote: france has an excuse for sucking as hard as they did; england doesn't.
Yeah, you're right on that. Maybe they'll improve on the upcoming games.

what upcoming games? i don't see them winning from slovenia.

MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 08:12 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 08:09 PM, DarkSytze wrote: what upcoming games? i don't see them winning from slovenia.

A bunch of unexpected stuff's happening in this cup. They have the potential to win, they just need to..well, improve. It's possible I guess.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
<deleted>
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 08:20 PM Reply

I wish I didn't giggle slightly at Molotov's post.

Also, I die slowly as British tabloids are used to encapsulate a British identity.

Not just that one putrid Sun bit, generally.

Because I'm White and middle-class, and thus can afford to die slowly on such selfish accounts.

But anyway, please, football. Spain should've done much better with Honduras, as well as the latter side defended for the most part. As already said, passing and 'skill' is one thing, but if this group ends up being ultimately decided by goal difference, we may just have a major upset on our hands. Unlikely maybe, but still. I really hope Chile make it through. Despite the scorelines, they've been another genuine attacking team. While not wishing any ill will towards Spain, Spain-Brazil would be mighty interesting...

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 08:12 PM, MiroDK wrote: A bunch of unexpected stuff's happening in this cup. They have the potential to win, they just need to..well, improve. It's possible I guess.

Possible?Yes.
Probable?No.

LordlyGeneral
LordlyGeneral
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 11:45 PM Reply

I hope the US at least beats Algeria on Wednesday and goes on to the next round of matches. Though I wouldn't bet money on them making it much further. Nevertheless, GO USA!.

sixflab
sixflab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 11:51 PM Reply

At 6/21/10 11:45 PM, LordlyGeneral wrote: I hope the US at least beats Algeria on Wednesday and goes on to the next round of matches. Though I wouldn't bet money on them making it much further. Nevertheless, GO USA!.

They better advance. So far all of my predictions between my buddies and I i've predicted right. I said they would make it to final 8 but lose there. We're better this year than we have been in a while but there is still no way we can take on those top world class teams.

ViceFullbuster
ViceFullbuster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 21st, 2010 @ 11:53 PM Reply

Ok i may be american but i'm sick of hearing people bitch about the botched call that happened,hey don't you all realize we also had a break against that foolish english goalie that should have ended up as a loss to the U.S,i'd say it's Just Desserts and the U.S can just put all this bickering behind them by just getting a win against the worst team in the group in Algeria,if they can't beat them they don't even deserve to move on to the 2nd round

Also it could be worse U.S & England,we could be this.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 12:46 AM Reply

I feel bad for North Korea :(

What a killing.

Shame I can't see Ivory Coast getting through at all now.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Larnda
Larnda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 12:50 AM Reply

At 6/21/10 08:20 PM, Scarab wrote: While not wishing any ill will towards Spain, Spain-Brazil would be mighty interesting...

How can you not wish ill towards Spain?

The most despicable European country.

Ship
Ship
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 01:00 AM Reply

I just heard this funny bit on the radio on the way home from work. Apparently, King Jong Il hired Chinese actors to go the games and pretend to be North Korean fans so that they could have support. I thought that was really funny

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Writer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 01:13 AM Reply

At 6/22/10 01:00 AM, Ship wrote: I just heard this funny bit on the radio on the way home from work. Apparently, King Jong Il hired Chinese actors to go the games and pretend to be North Korean fans so that they could have support. I thought that was really funny

Yes, there are no fans from North Korea because the people aren't allowed to travel. Instead there where some chinese people cheering for North Korea.

Maybe the players hired some actors as well who acted as the North Korean national team? ^^

At 6/22/10 12:46 AM, Gagsy wrote: I feel bad for North Korea :(

What a killing.

Shame I can't see Ivory Coast getting through at all now.

Yeah, I think Ivory Coast has no chance of advancing. They have to rely on Brazil to win at least 3-0 against Portugal while they win HIGH against North Korea... I just don't see that happening. Brazil - Portugal will propably end 0-0 or 1-1. :/

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

wismty
wismty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 01:48 AM Reply

Second phase of the first round is over, thankfully we saw plenty of goals this time around, including a 7-0 massacre from Portugal against North Korea.

Again, no CONMEBOL team lost in this phase, and thus, being the leaders of their respective groups.

Next game: Group A

Mexico vs Uruguay, and France vs South Africa.

Either Mexico and Uruguay can afford to lose or draw their game and still pass to the next round (by goal difference), however, second place will, most likely, get Argentina in the roudn of 16. So I expect a really awesome match from these two tomorrow.

My prediction: Mexico 2- Uruguay 0
France- 0 South Africa 1

Mexico and Uruguay advance to the second round.

Need help on beating Alkie Kong 2, brutal mode? click here.

Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:17 AM Reply

What the hell does Ke Nako mean? It's the thing the little black dude says in the beginning of the match.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 04:36 AM Reply

At 6/22/10 01:00 AM, Ship wrote: I just heard this funny bit on the radio on the way home from work. Apparently, King Jong Il hired Chinese actors to go the games and pretend to be North Korean fans so that they could have support. I thought that was really funny

Yeah, I heard that as well..that's fucking PATHETIC...
Why can't they allow their fans to watch their national team play?
Also, Ke Nako means "it's time".
Ah, and one last bit of info: today, as you know, there is the Greece vs Argentina match..before their match with Nigeria, 35% of Greeks thought that their team was going to win..after the match, 60% think that they're going to win, 35% believe in a draw and only 5% think that they'll lose.
Optimism FTW.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Movie Buff
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:23 AM Reply

At 6/22/10 01:48 AM, wismty wrote: Either Mexico and Uruguay can afford to lose or draw their game and still pass to the next round (by goal difference), however, second place will, most likely, get Argentina in the roudn of 16. So I expect a really awesome match from these two tomorrow.

Indeed, I doubt either of these two want to face Argentina next. So I expect they will both play for the win, although Uruguay is alright with a draw obviously.

France is 4 goals behind at the moment in goal difference and with that riot in their group I can only imagine their drama is getting worse with a loss to South-Africa today. I heard there was a lot of arrogance within the group as players playing at English clubs think they are better than the ones playing in France. I don't know, if I was France next coach I'd throw half of the team out for the next EC.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 21 April 2014)

BBS Signature
LinkSilvermane
LinkSilvermane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 05:42 AM Reply

At 6/22/10 04:17 AM, Lorkas wrote: What the hell does Ke Nako mean? It's the thing the little black dude says in the beginning of the match.

I dunno, but I'm starting to hate the little bastard for some reason.

Also: Portughese players were dicks, man. You could see the sheer panic the North Korean players had gone into, around the 4 - 0. Portugal just kept going at it, like bullies on the pitch, scoring and laughing their asses off.

And don't tell me about "points" or "scoring deferentials". The SECOND they interviewed Ronaldo, he said "We did it 'cause it was fun."

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 06:30 AM Reply

At 6/22/10 04:17 AM, Lorkas wrote: What the hell does Ke Nako mean? It's the thing the little black dude says in the beginning of the match.

It means: ''It begins''

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:25 AM Reply

First thing's first: I still don't support my own team (Portugal) because i believe we don't deserve to be in this WC. I hate our "manager", most of the players are too young and there are too many nationalized Brazilians for my taste.

At 6/22/10 05:42 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote: Also: Portughese players were dicks, man. You could see the sheer panic the North Korean players had gone into, around the 4 - 0. Portugal just kept going at it, like bullies on the pitch, scoring and laughing their asses off.
And don't tell me about "points" or "scoring deferentials". The SECOND they interviewed Ronaldo, he said "We did it 'cause it was fun."

No mercy for the weak, tears taste best when they belong to your opponent. Bwahahahaha.

But yes, it does come in very, very handy to have a huge goal differential during a group stage. Example, if PT ties with BR, the Ivory Coast will have to win against North Korea by a difference of TEN GOALS in order to beat Portugal to the second place spot.

Analysing the goalfest, all i can say is "lrn2Jabulani". Notice that Portugal, aside from Germany, were the first teams to finally attempt some consistent wing-play, bringing the ball up the sideline and crossing the ball. Other teams seem to fear doing this because the Jabulani is "too light" and they miss their crosses by far (instead of by near). Same goes with long range shooting: most teams fear doing this because the Jabulani is "too light" and because it doesn't have stitches, it just keeps on accelerating and gaining altitude until well after it's passed the goal line, meaning players shoot over the bar most of the time. "Featherfooting" the ball makes for very precise play and more teams need to do it. Portugal, along with a few other national teams, have a bit of an advantage since we've been using the Jabulani's ancestors for years now. Ever since the adidas Teamgeist, the Portuguese League has asked adidas to make us a new ball every year, so the Jabulani isn't very surprising to us. It's just a sort of 5th generation Teamgeist, where we've used all 4 previous generations before this one.

LinkSilvermane
LinkSilvermane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 6/22/10 09:25 AM, C-Hawk wrote:

No mercy for the weak, tears taste best when they belong to your opponent. Bwahahahaha.

Every time a goal is scored against North Korea, a player is excecuted in a public square for his incompetence.

SEVEN SOULS ON YOUR CONSCIENCE, YOU BASTARDS.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature
C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 6/22/10 09:30 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
At 6/22/10 09:25 AM, C-Hawk wrote: No mercy for the weak, tears taste best when they belong to your opponent. Bwahahahaha.
Every time a goal is scored against North Korea, a player is excecuted in a public square for his incompetence.
SEVEN SOULS ON YOUR CONSCIENCE, YOU BASTARDS.

Just seven? I can live with that :P
Also yeah, i got the math on the group slightly wrong, but still, goal differentials are very handy.

C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 22nd, 2010 @ 10:01 AM Reply

The only other time Portugal and North Korea played against each other was in 1966. You will be very surprised at what happened.

Also, to hammer my point about the Jabulani in, notice goal 2 (Simão's goal) in this video comes from a LONG pass at 1:35 which hits its target perfectly. From there, it's all up to the confusion and chaos that a striker should feel most at home in.
Goal 3, a cross coming in from the side of the box, again, hits its target perfectly. Not too high, not too fast, it's like a laser-guided cross to Hugo Almeida's head.
Goal 4, Tiago shoots it low, and not too strong, almost like a pass to the goal. At this point it had been raining so hard for so long that the ball was too slick to handle by the goalie.

At 6:15 you'll see Eusébio giving a thumbs-up to Ronaldo's comedic goal. Yes, that's the same Eusébio who scored 4 consecutive goals againt North Korea in 1966.

And the last goal is, again, a perfectly aimed and powered cross to Tiago's head. It can be done.

Lrn2Jabulani.