Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:29 PM, andhination wrote:

=

If you saw me at the match when we're playing Man City, you would not use the term hate, as it is nowhere near strong enough.
You guys are just rich and have lampard.
They're rich manc prats who stole Lescott and also they're just generally stuckup pricks.

The best part is, we bought Lampard before we got the billions.

And yes I do find them rather stuck up now, I guess this is the problem when you come into a lot of money very quickly.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:34 PM Reply

Messi doesn't play in Argentina as nhe plays in Barcelona, but I saw a LOT of goals he scored without any help of Xavi or Iniesta, that goal he dribbled the whole team was awesome, he [lays awesomely, and I think he'll be the best player of the Cup.

Also, we are talking on a World Cup, huh?? The whole team will be motivated to play awesomely, it's time to Argentina SHINE!!

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks
Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature
RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:39 PM Reply

GO CHELSEA!!

Also, I think Uruguai has a great team, I watched their games, and they're pretty strong...

I also like Paraguay, they are very good, and people augh at them, I don't know why. Paraguay have potential to win a World Cup, but, sometimes, they simply play as bad as Hell...

BBS Signature
andhination
andhination
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:32 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/6/10 04:29 PM, andhination wrote:
=
If you saw me at the match when we're playing Man City, you would not use the term hate, as it is nowhere near strong enough.
You guys are just rich and have lampard.
They're rich manc prats who stole Lescott and also they're just generally stuckup pricks.
The best part is, we bought Lampard before we got the billions.

No, I just hate the bastard because he's a bastard lmao, one of the reasons I'm not supporting England, him and Gerrard being captain.

And yes I do find them rather stuck up now, I guess this is the problem when you come into a lot of money very quickly.

It's fun the way they didn't succeed like you guys though. They spend all that money and they're still pretty much level with us and Villa really.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:43 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:42 PM, andhination wrote:
No, I just hate the bastard because he's a bastard lmao, one of the reasons I'm not supporting England, him and Gerrard being captain.

How is Frank Lampard a bastard exactly?

BBS Signature
PeterM
PeterM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:46 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:43 PM, Gagsy wrote:

Because he's a highly paid football player who has fuck all morals? = 90% of premiership footballers.

andhination
andhination
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:47 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:43 PM, Gagsy wrote:

To me, he's just milked the fact that his mother died for far too long. It may have been legit at first, as he was a self confessed mothers boy, but to be honest I think it just became a case of "oh everyone feels sympathy lets keep doing it so people pya reckon am a hero an dat", which to me is just wrong.
Maybe it's legit. But at the match I once shouted "You milk your mas death so I'm glad she died" at him, and he heard me and just looked down.

BBS Signature
Sir-Nuts
Sir-Nuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:48 PM Reply

Good, I didn't know so many people cared about football here on NG. I know that the 2006 thread was pretty popular (can't find the thread now, though), but I haven't seen many threads about football lately, so I thought this would fall quickly, heh :P

At 6/6/10 02:23 PM, Auz wrote: Finally someone creates an official topic for it. I remember in former years, topics like these were already around weeks before the start of the tournament.

Indeed, this is why I asked Coop if I should create a thread early in April, I think. Since no one stepped up... here it is!

Anyway, I'm obviously cheering for the Netherlands, because that's where I come from. Whether they'll win the tournament I don't know. I saw there was a big chance we would face Brazil in the quarter finals, so that's gonna be tricky.

Oh, that would be swell. Brazil is already on the "death group", and I don't know if we'll pass on 1st or 2nd (or not pass at all! :O). Chances are we could even face Spain on the next phase, and that would be SHIT. :(

I'd put my money on Spain, Germany or Brazil to win this tournament. Spain due to them winning the EC two years ago and having a very good in general. Germany and Brazil have a good chance by default.

Germany always does well, not matter how bad they're doing at the moment. And Brazil... well, we have a contested team, only 66% of the Brazilians trust on this team. I trust it, I really think we have a chance against the other teams.

Most interesting match in the group stage is Brazil - Portugal in my opinion. For the rest England - USA is kinda fun, but the other matches don't look so interesting on paper. I think things will really start to get interesting from the quarter finals onwards.

I'm looking forward to Ivory Coast vs. Brazil more. Ivory Coast have a great team and not many people know that, I think they could pull out a big surprise in this cup, even if Drogba doesn't play.

At 6/6/10 02:27 PM, LampFace wrote: France and Italy have a better chance than Argentina, Brazil aren't gonna fucking win. Dunga can't coach for shit, no Ronaldinho or Adriano is just fucking stupid. Brazil will probably go out at the Quarters again.

I can understand about Ronaldinho - he's a good player indeed, but nothing compared to what he did on 2006. And Adriano is doing pretty badly lately - overweight, drinking problems, bad companies... Nobody here would agree if he went to this cup, actually.

At 6/6/10 02:36 PM, Mussirus wrote:
At 6/6/10 02:27 PM, LampFace wrote: Netherlands the loss of Robben is massive I'm not sure they'll be able to win without him.
It's still not known how serious his injury is. Maybe he'll only miss some matches in the group stage. We can win the matches in the group stage without him.

Indeed, the Netherlands have a pretty good squad, one of my picks to win this cup.

Anyway, i have a feeling that this could be the year for The Netherlands. I really hope so.

Nah, I'd still rather Brazil. Home country > all. :P

At 6/6/10 03:27 PM, Cochises wrote: But as usual the favorites are Brazil, Germany and Spain (even though they have been less than impressive in their last few friendlies) and as for England? Even though they got a great manager, Capello, and a great squad, they won't get past the quarter finals my prediction?

It was pretty disappointing when they lost to Portugal last year, I thought they would take the cup after Brazil was eliminated by France. Rooney is at his best, and that should be the differential for England this year.

At 6/6/10 03:34 PM, Ship wrote: Argentina are my favorites. Even if they have useless Maradona as a coach they still have amazing forwards in Milito and Messi.

Indeed, their offence is really amazing, although Messi hasn't played very well for Argentina in the past games.

I think they are severely underrated and are going to surprise many people.

Underrated? Messi himself said that they were the best team around! :P

The Netherlands were another one of my favorites, but with the injury to Robben, who knows? I just hope someone stupid like Germany doesn't win with their ugly style of play. It's time for Argentina to hoist the trophy again.

NO, otherwise Maradona will walk around naked in Argentina! That will be traumatizing... ;_;

At 6/6/10 03:36 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 6/6/10 02:16 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: As for favourite teams, Spain has been the most commented team, although Argentina, Netherlands, England, Brazil...
Argentina is not that good IMO. Also, if my country (Uruguay) comes out second in the A group we'll probably play against Argentina. I'm really looking forward to that match :)

I really like Uruguay as well, my grandmother was born in Montevideo. As for a, Uruguay vs. Argentina... maybe Uruguay can do better this time, unlike in the qualifying round, heh. :P

At 6/6/10 02:19 PM, iateamexican wrote: Is there not a football club?
Yes, but there is an American football club and there was an official Super bowl thread a while ago.

And there's an NHL club and a NBA club, yet both of them have separate threads here for the playoffs. :P

At 6/6/10 03:36 PM, Gagsy wrote: I'm gutted that Drogba may miss the World cup, especially as he is a big influence out in South Africa and of course his own country (forget his somewhat bad football tactics), and I think it would be horrible for him to miss what will most likely be his last World Cup.

Why his last world cup? Isn't he still young enough to play the 2014 cup?

Same goes for Michael Ballack with Germany. Sure England and Germany have quite the rival when it comes to national games and while it's a good thing for us England, I still think it's a shame that he will be missing what again will most likely have been his last World Cup.

I can understand Ballack, since he's already pretty old for football. It's a shame, indeed.

Penalties anyone?

Only when it isn't your team playing. :P

At 6/6/10 03:55 PM, Cochises wrote: I don't recall him doing anything against Lucio, Samuel, Maicon, Zanetti, Cambiasso or Chivu >:(

^This.

Brazil's defence is our best thing. We have the best goalie (Julio Cesar) and the best defensive player (Lucio and Juan).

At 6/6/10 03:56 PM, andhination wrote: This must be the first world cup where I haven't heard anyone think Brazil will win.

Oh hey.

Brazil's going to win. ^^

At 6/6/10 03:45 PM, RogerBK wrote: Hey Nuts, we're both Brazilian, huh. Are you cheering for Brazil??

Yeah, of course! Although I really like some teams like Italy, Spain, Engalnd... I'm still cheering for Brazil! :)

My heart is Argentina!!! GO MESSI!!

Way to be patriotic, cheering for the enemy. >:(

At 6/6/10 03:39 PM, Cochises wrote: Even though Robben is a very good player, I don't think he'll be the main reason Netherlands fail to win if he's out injured, remeber in the Cl Final? He didn't really do as much as everyone predicted he'd do, he's good, but not a game changer, Netherlands have ton's of quality players.

But still, he was the best player for Bayern in that game. He's a game breaker.

RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:49 PM Reply

OK Ok OK...

Can we talk about the World Cup now?? I hate talking about foreign teams, I son't understand the conversation...

:P

BBS Signature
Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:25 PM, GoatmanJay wrote:
At 6/6/10 03:36 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Argentina is not that good IMO. Also, if my country (Uruguay) comes out second in the A group we'll probably play against Argentina. I'm really looking forward to that match :)
Honestly I have a few friends from Uruguay. They all seem to think Argentina are over-rated. To be honest it would be unfair even comparing Uruguay to the likes of Argentina alone based on sheer player power:

Messi = Questionably the worlds best play
Mascherano = Questionably the best CDM player
Di Maria = Seems to score the goals when it counts.

With this calbar some people think Argentina may win the world cup.

I agree with everything you said. Argentina has some great players, but their performance isn't that good (it could be much better). If you have watched some of the last matches where Argentina played you'll know what I mean. I blame Maradona >:(

Whilst Uruguay have only 1 player who has proven himself as a good player in my books that being:

Uruguay sucks. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. I don't think we can make it past the qualifying rounds, but who knows...

RogerBK
RogerBK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:54 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:48 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 6/6/10 03:45 PM, RogerBK wrote: Hey Nuts, we're both Brazilian, huh. Are you cheering for Brazil??
Yeah, of course! Although I really like some teams like Italy, Spain, Engalnd... I'm still cheering for Brazil! :)

My heart is Argentina!!! GO MESSI!!
Way to be patriotic, cheering for the enemy. >:(

Hah, "veio". I'm always in the wrong side of the party... My mother keep on saying: "Voce vai aanha na rua se continua falando iso!!"

Sorry for the Brazilian conversation, guys...

BBS Signature
GoatmanJay
GoatmanJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:39 PM, RogerBK wrote: GO CHELSEA!!

Also, I think Uruguai has a great team, I watched their games, and they're pretty strong...

I also like Paraguay, they are very good, and people augh at them, I don't know why. Paraguay have potential to win a World Cup, but, sometimes, they simply play as bad as Hell...

Yes Uruguay and Paraguay are pretty strong. I can agree with that. However I would argue that European Clubs are much stronger than the South American ones.

The main super powers in Football that i see are (not in any order):

Brazil
Spain
Argentina
England
France
Germany
Netherlands
Italy

I don't feel Brazil and Argentina have enough "super power" clubs down in South America in order for us to see how good they actually are.

I feel Uruguay and Paraguay though having a strong team unit. Do not have any real Special Players (minus Forlan). In comparison to the European Players.

Rooney Lampard Torres Segio Ramos Xavi Fabregas Buffon Ballack and ongoing etc...

South america - (brazil + argentina) have:

Forlan, maybe SUAREZ.

Please tell me if you have any more players who you think could really match those on my European list?

It would be a mistake saying Uruguay or Paraguay have enough to be world cup champion contenders if you ask me. Just my opinion though..

This Sig is better than yours!

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:47 PM, andhination wrote:
To me, he's just milked the fact that his mother died for far too long. It may have been legit at first, as he was a self confessed mothers boy, but to be honest I think it just became a case of "oh everyone feels sympathy lets keep doing it so people pya reckon am a hero an dat", which to me is just wrong.
Maybe it's legit. But at the match I once shouted "You milk your mas death so I'm glad she died" at him, and he heard me and just looked down.

Wow, and I thought I had all the lame excuses to dislike Frank Lampard from the bitter West Ham fans.

There is no time limit on grief. From the sounds of things he was very close to his mother and no doubt like with most people who lose a beloved parent, it hit him hard. I imagine it would be hard to overcome that when you do have opposing football fans singing disgusting songs about the matter.-

BBS Signature
andhination
andhination
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:55 PM, Gagsy wrote:
Wow, and I thought I had all the lame excuses to dislike Frank Lampard from the bitter West Ham fans.

You'll find 0 bitterness from me. I love Arsenal and like Man United.

There is no time limit on grief.

Maybe, but you don't have to throw it out to the world, do you? I'd put money on the idea that out of the however many footballers there are in the premiership, he's not the only one who's mum died while he was still playing, and they were close, but whoever else was in the situation didn't whore out for attention the way he did.

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:03 PM Reply

Good news for The Netherlands!
The injury of Robben is less serious than they thought it would be and he will probably be able to go to South Africa to join the rest of the team.
However, it is still not known for how long he won't be able to play matches.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:48 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 6/6/10 02:23 PM, Auz wrote: Finally someone creates an official topic for it. I remember in former years, topics like these were already around weeks before the start of the tournament.
Indeed, this is why I asked Coop if I should create a thread early in April, I think. Since no one stepped up... here it is!

Hehe I was thinking about stepping up myself, but I wasn't sure if I could make a good opening post for a topic like this :)

Anyway, I'm obviously cheering for the Netherlands, because that's where I come from. Whether they'll win the tournament I don't know. I saw there was a big chance we would face Brazil in the quarter finals, so that's gonna be tricky.
Oh, that would be swell. Brazil is already on the "death group", and I don't know if we'll pass on 1st or 2nd (or not pass at all! :O). Chances are we could even face Spain on the next phase, and that would be SHIT. :(

Yes you would have yourself a problem if you're gonna face Spain in the second round already. You'll probably have to face Italy afterwards in the quarter finals, so it's gonna be tough to make it to the semi's that way.

I'd put my money on Spain, Germany or Brazil to win this tournament. Spain due to them winning the EC two years ago and having a very good in general. Germany and Brazil have a good chance by default.
Germany always does well, not matter how bad they're doing at the moment. And Brazil... well, we have a contested team, only 66% of the Brazilians trust on this team. I trust it, I really think we have a chance against the other teams.

I heard some things about the Brazilian squad, but I just took a look at it for the first time.

I can tell you that we, as possible opponents in the quarter final, are quite relieved that you guys are leaving players like Pato, Ronaldinho and Adriano home ;) I don't know why your coach choose for this. I'm mostly surprised by the selection of Grafite over Pato. Grafite is unexperienced in the national team and nearly retiring, whereas Pato is one of the biggest talents Brazil has at the moment.

Also, the average age of the team seems to be quite high. I don't know who the base players usually are, but it seems like the average age on the field is gonna be around 29~30. Could be a problem...

Most interesting match in the group stage is Brazil - Portugal in my opinion. For the rest England - USA is kinda fun, but the other matches don't look so interesting on paper. I think things will really start to get interesting from the quarter finals onwards.
I'm looking forward to Ivory Coast vs. Brazil more. Ivory Coast have a great team and not many people know that, I think they could pull out a big surprise in this cup, even if Drogba doesn't play.

Yeah. Ivory Coast must be very comfortable in that underdog position and me and my brother agreed that there is a decent chance that either Portugal or Brazil are gonna have to leave the tournament early.

I would bet that Brazil is gonna be fine though.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 9 June 2014)

BBS Signature
q13qew
q13qew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:13 PM Reply

Lol man

Onepiece285
Onepiece285
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:15 PM Reply

Germany is my #1 team I'll be rooting for, followed by the United States. I like both teams' chances this year to advance, they both got drawn into comparatively easy-decent groups. I think Germany will take first place in their group and the US will get second behind England.

I predict the US to lose in either the second round or quarterfinals, while Germany will be eliminated in the semi finals to a team such as Brazil or Spain.

My pick to win the whole thing this year is either Brazil or Spain, I think they're pretty evenly matched teams.

\\\Da Blackhawks\\\--///Dancing preteen butts///--\\\2014 NHL Playoffs Discussion\\\--///Dancing Psyduck Dauntly Reaching///

BBS Signature
LampFace
LampFace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 03:41 PM, Victory wrote:
At 6/6/10 02:27 PM, LampFace wrote: France and Italy have a better chance than Argentina,
Have you seen France play recently? They barely made it through qualification. At least Argentina have that little genius Messi to offset the fact they have a crap manager..

Meh, Messi is often critisised for his lack of form at international so we'll just have to see how he plays, France still have a very good squad and, I think they'll probably get to the Quarters at the very least if not the Semis.

Auz
Auz
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 05:03 PM, Mussirus wrote: Good news for The Netherlands!
The injury of Robben is less serious than they thought it would be and he will probably be able to go to South Africa to join the rest of the team.

That is some good news.

I don't think we'll need him much for the group stage, so I hope they'll give him some rest until the end of that.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 9 June 2014)

BBS Signature
LampFace
LampFace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:19 PM Reply

Source? Post link..

FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 05:19 PM, LampFace wrote:
Source? Post link..

Are you Dutch?
I have a source, but it's in Dutch.
Go here and go to page 806 (you can type it in with the buttons on the right).

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 05:36 PM, Victory wrote: For those of you bored of classic fantasy football world cup games, how about something different..

http://www.fantasycheatersleague.com/

Surely the easiest way to win that fantasy league is to just add the Italy team.`

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:59 PM Reply

Winner: Italy
Final: Italy vs France
Score: 3-1

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
Cochises
Cochises
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 05:59 PM, JKMonkey wrote: Winner: Italy

You've got to be kidding me! Italy and France? The latter who recently lost to China 0 - 1? Hah, You chose arguably the two weakest football ex- super teams and put them in the final, I'm guessing your gonna lose a shitload of cash gambling lol,

I don't know if any link was posted but I didn't feel like searching around, Robben not seriously injured.

ReverendMayhem
ReverendMayhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 06:16 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 05:59 PM, JKMonkey wrote: Winner: Italy

France have about as much chance as reaching the final as Scotland do.

Sorry to say it

"So... I heard your mum puts out"

Sir-Nuts
Sir-Nuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 04:49 PM, RogerBK wrote: OK Ok OK...

Can we talk about the World Cup now?? I hate talking about foreign teams, I son't understand the conversation...

Well, you should keep up with international football as well. ;)

At 6/6/10 04:50 PM, Ismael92 wrote: If you have watched some of the last matches where Argentina played you'll know what I mean. I blame Maradona >:(

Yeah, if they were playing well, they wouldn't need to rely on the last game against Uruguay. And Maradona is in the same situation as Dunga - a first time coach, already on the National team.

Whilst Uruguay have only 1 player who has proven himself as a good player in my books that being:
Uruguay sucks. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. I don't think we can make it past the qualifying rounds, but who knows...

LOCO ABREU.

At 6/6/10 04:54 PM, RogerBK wrote: Hah, "veio". I'm always in the wrong side of the party... My mother keep on saying: "Voce vai aanha na rua se continua falando iso!!"

Hahahahaha, tua mãe ta certinha! :P

Sorry for the Brazilian conversation, guys...

Happens. ;)

At 6/6/10 04:55 PM, GoatmanJay wrote: I don't feel Brazil and Argentina have enough "super power" clubs down in South America in order for us to see how good they actually are.

The thing is, most of our good players go to the European clubs, since they pay a lot better than we do in here. So we don't have "super power" clubs

I feel Uruguay and Paraguay though having a strong team unit. Do not have any real Special Players (minus Forlan). In comparison to the European Players.

Indeed, it's the South American playing style. It's a hard, defensive game, where the team is the star, not just a standalone player. I think everyone will have a hard time beating them.

South america - (brazil + argentina) have:

Forlan, maybe SUAREZ.

What about Sebastian Abreu? :(

That's good to hear, I read it on the local news sties as well.

I don't think he'll be necessary to pass the group stage, but he'll be needed further on. He can take his time to recover and be 100% for the later phases.

At 6/6/10 05:11 PM, Auz wrote:
At 6/6/10 04:48 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Indeed, this is why I asked Coop if I should create a thread early in April, I think. Since no one stepped up... here it is!
Hehe I was thinking about stepping up myself, but I wasn't sure if I could make a good opening post for a topic like this :)

Heh, I just wrote down what came into mind that I thought it would be important mentioning, like the issues they're having, favourites, match ups to look forward to... It isn't the best opening post ever, but it's decent, heh. ;)

Yes you would have yourself a problem if you're gonna face Spain in the second round already. You'll probably have to face Italy afterwards in the quarter finals, so it's gonna be tough to make it to the semi's that way.

This should prove if we have a quality team or not. The qualifying stage will be already tough, and the later games should be even tougher. Lets see if this team has what it takes to win this one.

I heard some things about the Brazilian squad, but I just took a look at it for the first time.

I can tell you that we, as possible opponents in the quarter final, are quite relieved that you guys are leaving players like Pato, Ronaldinho and Adriano home ;) I don't know why your coach choose for this.

Pato (despite having started on the club I cheer for in Brazil) hasn't been playing very well whenever Dunga called him and in Milan.

Ronaldinho might have come back to his old days, but it still isn't enough for our coach, since he had been building this team for three years - why would he change it now?

Adriano is having a lot of trouble - he's overweight, has drinking problems... If he went to the WC, we would be damned.

I'm mostly surprised by the selection of Grafite over Pato. Grafite is unexperienced in the national team and nearly retiring, whereas Pato is one of the biggest talents Brazil has at the moment.

The thing is, we needed a substitute for Adriano, who is a strong striker, while Pato is a "lighter" one. Grafite has little experience in the national team, yes, but he was the only option...

Also, the average age of the team seems to be quite high. I don't know who the base players usually are, but it seems like the average age on the field is gonna be around 29~30. Could be a problem...

From what I've heard, we have the highest age average out of all 32 teams. And what's odd, most of our players are in their first World Cup. :/

Yeah. Ivory Coast must be very comfortable in that underdog position and me and my brother agreed that there is a decent chance that either Portugal or Brazil are gonna have to leave the tournament early.

But they really need Didier Drogba to be recovered for the group stages. Nobody knows if he's going to be alright, but he's the team's main player!

I would bet that Brazil is gonna be fine though.

Agreed. We should pass, but it will be tough.

At 6/6/10 05:15 PM, Onepiece285 wrote: My pick to win the whole thing this year is either Brazil or Spain, I think they're pretty evenly matched teams.

What if the final match is Brazil vs. Spain? :P

At 6/6/10 05:38 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/6/10 05:36 PM, Victory wrote: http://www.fantasycheatersleague.com/
Surely the easiest way to win that fantasy league is to just add the Italy team.`

With Henry on the front? ;P

Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 09:02 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 6/6/10 04:50 PM, Ismael92 wrote: If you have watched some of the last matches where Argentina played you'll know what I mean. I blame Maradona >:(
Yeah, if they were playing well, they wouldn't need to rely on the last game against Uruguay.

Anyone who watched that game knows that Maradona is a pussy and that Argentina got lucky >:(

And Maradona is in the same situation as Dunga - a first time coach, already on the National team.

I know I sound rude because of all the hating against Argentina, but Maradona shouldn't have become a coach in the first place.

LOCO ABREU.

yay :D

That's good to hear, I read it on the local news sties as well.

I don't think he'll be necessary to pass the group stage, but he'll be needed further on. He can take his time to recover and be 100% for the later phases.

I agree. Robben isn't the only good player in the team, and the Netherlands will do just as fine in the qualifying group without him. However he can make a great difference, and as you said he will be needed later.

darksytze
darksytze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 09:25 PM Reply

i'm rooting for the dutch boys obviously. they got a good squad (although the absence of Van Der Sar saddens me, Stekelenburg is still a nice replacement) and arguably the best mid-field play in the entire club. robben is still going to participate in the cup, but people really have to figure out he isn't a virtue player; he's fragile as fucking glass but he can create opportunities and goals out of nothing. heck we still got sneijder, van persie, vd vaart, van bronckhorst, kuyt, huntelaar and elia to name some of the more prominent players.

that being said, the netherlands are a steady team and can win this year.

MrPaPeRBoX
MrPaPeRBoX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 10:31 PM Reply

Finally a thread which i can contribute. Well i'll be cheering for the dutch, and Robben may be out, but i think van marwijk wont have a problem choosing. Kuyt can do the defensive duties while VanPersie, Sneidjer and Van Der Vaart bombard the front. Having Van Bommel and De Jong as defensive midfielders, i dont think we'll have much of a problem. But what lies behind both of them is concerning me, Heitinga, Ooijer, Mathijsen and Van Bronkhornst. The defensive, compared to other teams like Spain and Argentina, we dont really have a good line. Van Bronkhornst was off position against the previous friendly against Hungary and that worries me. But as long as we can keep the front going, not to mention having Afellay and Elia too...i really hope the dutch win this time....they deserve it.

Theres a scoop of ice cream in my brain , i wonder what flavour it is.
-----What the fuck is you doing?
Bleh.

BBS Signature