EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 20:51:21 Reply

K, Luis here's the deal.

If England wins next time, you take Slap.

If the US wins, you take me.

If it ends in a tie, you take both of us.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
darksytze
darksytze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 20:51:46 Reply

england played shoddy.

next up is the important match of algery and slovenia; probably that one game nobody gives a shit about.

Sir-Nuts
Sir-Nuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 21:48:19 Reply

Today's matches were way better than yesterday's ones. Surprisingly, Korea vs. Greece was the best match, IMO. There were more scoring chances, the teams were playing a lot more forward than defensively... Watch out for Korea, because they might be a surprise on group B.

As for Argentina vs. Nigeria... Well, I was expecting a better game from Argentina. Some of their players (Di Maria, Gutierrez, Tevez...) didn't play so well, yet Maradona left them for almost the entire game. Messi did play really well, but Nigeria's goalkeeper was amazing on some plays. And if Argentina doesn't watch out, Korea might upset them. REALLY.

England vs. USA was... well... If Green hadn't messed up in there, England would've won. Jabulani makes it's first victim, but it was far from being the ball's fault... Now, who should start for England, "Calamity" Green or "Calamity" James? :P

Overall, great matches today, and I'm looking forward for Germany's game tomorrow. Lets see if their team has what it takes to go far in this cup.

dark-samus1
dark-samus1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 22:18:33 Reply

AMERICA IS GONNA WIN IT ALL JUST YOU WAIT WOOO

Sometimes i dont even understand what im saying..?!?!?!?.?..!?.?

enquencle
enquencle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 22:32:05 Reply

At 6/12/10 01:05 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/12/10 11:46 AM, enquencle wrote:
Their forwards are great, but they just dont work as a team.Messi's looking great though.
I just want to say, I love your sig :)

It's a shame Ballack's leaving the team, I really like him as a player...

Tomorrow games look interesting, specially the Serbia ( actually a team with good playres) and Germany ones.

About Tv broadcasts, one of our national channels, Televisa, has Zidane, Figo, Zanneti, Carlos Bianchi and Victor Valdes, as long as Spain gets out of the competition, along ewith some other surprises for their broadcast and special programs, repetition, commentaries, etc.

What about the ones in your countries?

Gamertag: enquencle
Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature
BritPop
BritPop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 22:52:12 Reply

I'm bummed England tied. Definitely should've won that game.

Donut
Donut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 22:59:23 Reply

At 6/12/10 09:01 PM, Grubby wrote: USA is gonna win.

Tie.

Proud supporter of Asian prostitutes in need.
PSN ID:Peegler
Steam ID:Donut

BBS Signature
igott
igott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 23:04:25 Reply

At 6/12/10 09:01 PM, Grubby wrote: USA is gonna win.

To be honest, we kind of did.

We may have tied, but we also took a rep. Now we're actually kind of respected as a team.

But England and America did play good, and I respect that.

Congrats England.
Congrats USA.

What a shame, Mister Jensen.
I never asked for this, Mister Denton.

darksytze
darksytze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 23:14:26 Reply

At 6/12/10 10:52 PM, BritPop wrote: I'm bummed England tied. Definitely should've won that game.

actually i was hoping the US to win. after a while england just really sank to shit-level, made incredibly stupid faults (one tackle was on the ankle of a player, that could've easily been a red card) and generally didn't play up to expectation: heck, they weren't much better than the opposing team; then there's the silly accident of green. i'm hoping england won't be too hard on him.

anyway, germany tomorrow and they're up against australia. australia trying to play the underdog position.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 01:09:16 Reply

At 6/12/10 10:32 PM, enquencle wrote:
It's a shame Ballack's leaving the team, I really like him as a player...

True, though he really has been past his very best for a while. Don't get me wrong, still a good player but it's a shame we never got the best from him. I think I'll miss Joe Cole more to be honest :(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
MrPaPeRBoX
MrPaPeRBoX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 01:31:39 Reply

Germany vs Australia. Germany should win it. Im quite impressed by the performances of Ozil and Schweinsteiger. Klose seems to be having a loss of form. But if im not mistaken the Australians should be able to cope with the vuvuzela's as they blow it back in Australia..

Theres a scoop of ice cream in my brain , i wonder what flavour it is.
-----What the fuck is you doing?
Bleh.

BBS Signature
BritPop
BritPop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 01:34:36 Reply

All I know is that I'm pulling for Germany as I am 50% german and have no ties to the Auzis. Also Klose is a badass name.

I don't know too much about soccer, just the teams I am pulling for.

enquencle
enquencle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 01:36:23 Reply

At 6/13/10 01:09 AM, Gagsy wrote: True, though he really has been past his very best for a while. Don't get me wrong, still a good player but it's a shame we never got the best from him. I think I'll miss Joe Cole more to be honest :(

True, Cole is a great player. Shame lessons got him in the bench during most of this season.
I wonder if they'll get new players.

Also, wow at the nigerian goalie and Tim Howard. Good games for both. Shame for Green, England deserved to win this one.

Gamertag: enquencle
Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 03:19:58 Reply

At 6/13/10 01:31 AM, MrPaPeRBoX wrote: Germany vs Australia. Germany should win it. Im quite impressed by the performances of Ozil and Schweinsteiger. Klose seems to be having a loss of form. But if im not mistaken the Australians should be able to cope with the vuvuzela's as they blow it back in Australia..

Well I haven't seen Australia play much football but Germany really became worse than last time. Especially now they're missing Ballack. Only one that is really, REALLY dangerous now is Schweinsteiger, I suppose, since Klose went pretty down too.
But, after all, a match against Germany is only over when the referee blows his wisthle (meaning that (meaning that Germany can always create chances to score, even in the last few seconds),

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
sixflab
sixflab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 03:22:35 Reply

At 6/12/10 03:48 AM, sixflab wrote:
At 6/12/10 03:45 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/12/10 03:38 AM, sixflab wrote: Day one of the cup wasn't all that great. I'm really looking forward to the USA-England game. Gagsy don't kill me but England is going to lose.
The tourament or the game tonight?

If the former then yes, if the latter then WTF.
Probably should of clarified that. I'm looking for a hard fought battle tonight. I'm actually expecting a tie in the end. I know you love your England team but I really don't see them getting past round of 16.

Well at least half of what I said yesterday has come to fruition. Even if it was due to a giant gaffe on Green's part.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 05:29:45 Reply

Holy shit this topic has gained an awful lot of pages since I was last here 0.o Guess you're talking about the USA vs England match yesterday.

Anyway my thoughts on the games yesterday:

South-Korea - Greece

First match I missed, but I couldn't have cared much for it anyway. Greece has been known to play very defensively, leading to incredibly boring matches. I heard it was 2-0 and that sounds like a good result to me.

Argentina - Nigeria

I was not impressed by Argentina. On paper their offense isn't any less good than Spain's or Holland's, but when you put them together it doesn't work nearly as well apparently. Messi missed a bunch of huge chances and if you can't even manage to score in a 4 against 2 situation you really are doing something wrong. This should've ended in 3-0 at least, 1-0 is quite poor result. On the other hand though, Argentina has been known to play poorly ever since Maradona has been leading them, so maybe this wasn't such a big surprise. Anyway Argentina should definitely play much better if they wanna go for the cup.

USA - England

Most interesting match yesterday. I gotta say that we laughed hard at Green's blunder. I knew England has never had any decent goalkeepers, but man... XD When that ball hit the post he didn't look too good either. I think a draw is not undeserved and I'm actually quite happy with that result. At least that will shut up both sides about who's better at football. Or actually, shut up the UK'ers ;)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 06:28:04 Reply

At 6/13/10 03:22 AM, sixflab wrote:
Well at least half of what I said yesterday has come to fruition. Even if it was due to a giant gaffe on Green's part.

It's annoying because we dropped points thanks to our own stupidity.

BBS Signature
Platypus
Platypus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 06:33:50 Reply

im proud of the usa, there ability to almost beat England makes me laugh

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 06:35:13 Reply

Disappointed about the score thought England could have done better, underestimated the US i think. Well at least the 'special' relationship is still fine. Tehe.

Rory
Rory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 06:38:17 Reply

At 6/13/10 06:28 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/13/10 03:22 AM, sixflab wrote:
It's annoying because we dropped points thanks to our own stupidity.

He will never live that down, especialy as we had an advantage so early in the match, Green kinda made up for it with that beauty of a save later on. Still 1 point is better than nil poi, and of course in 1966 we drew our first game.

I'm not even a football fan!

Dean: Rorys parents didn't give him dancing lessons. That much is obvious.
There are many things I regret, one of them Is asking the above buckfast swilling prick for a sig.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 06:43:38 Reply

At 6/13/10 06:33 AM, mdf99 wrote: im proud of the usa, there ability to almost beat England makes me laugh

Full credit to Howard for not conceding another goal yes.

"Almost beat England" is laughable though. They were on the back bench for most of the game and had it not been from a fine display for their keeper and a poor display from our keeper, the score would tell a different tale no doubt.

BBS Signature
Platypus
Platypus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 06:47:05 Reply

At 6/13/10 06:43 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 6/13/10 06:33 AM, mdf99 wrote: im proud of the usa, there ability to almost beat England makes me laugh

"Almost beat England" is laughable though. They were on the back bench for most of the game and had it not been from a fine display for their keeper and a poor display from our keeper, the score would tell a different tale no doubt.

ive got to say i didnt watch the full match, most of wat i no about it is from media reports, so i dont no to much about it

Rory
Rory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 06:47:33 Reply

At 6/13/10 06:43 AM, Gagsy wrote:

Ignore him, he's trolling, but I absolutely loved the Amricans last sub, switching on Gomex with less than 10 seconds of play left, Brilliant.

There are many things I regret, one of them Is asking the above buckfast swilling prick for a sig.

BBS Signature
Platypus
Platypus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 06:49:46 Reply

At 6/13/10 06:47 AM, rorypearce94 wrote:

Ignore him, he's trolling, but I absolutely loved the Amricans last sub, switching on Gomex with less than 10 seconds of play left, Brilliant.

how am i trolling? im just saying wat i thought of the game from wat i heard and saw.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 06:54:26 Reply

It's a tactical move most football teams do when trying to protect a score they are fighting to keep in the dying moments of a game. Brilliant? No. Annoying for the other side? Always.

BBS Signature
Rory
Rory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 07:05:47 Reply

At 6/13/10 06:54 AM, Gagsy wrote:
It's a tactical move most football teams do when trying to protect a score they are fighting to keep in the dying moments of a game. Brilliant? No. Annoying for the other side? Always.

Realy? As you can tell, I don't watch much football, but I suddenly become a football fan about 2 days before the world cup begins, It seems kinda pointless, I mean as good as our team is, there is no way in those 10 seconds we could have charged into the box a scored. No chance

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 07:12:01 Reply

At 6/13/10 07:05 AM, rorypearce94 wrote:
Realy? As you can tell, I don't watch much football, but I suddenly become a football fan about 2 days before the world cup begins, It seems kinda pointless, I mean as good as our team is, there is no way in those 10 seconds we could have charged into the box a scored. No chance

Well I hope you continue liking football. It's a great sport.

Nah the whole idea of bringing on a sub in the last few minutes is simply to waste time. If the other team are more likely to score, are chasing for a result and your team is looking a bit tired, defending well but getting a bit of luck, they will just waste a little of that time by making late changes which also stops the other team pressing so hard, takes away a little of their motivation while they wait for the sub to happen. Loads of players will end up getting booked for 'time wasting' =P

BBS Signature
Rory
Rory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 07:14:34 Reply

At 6/13/10 07:12 AM, Gagsy wrote: Well I hope you continue liking football. It's a great sport.

Nah the whole idea of bringing on a sub in the last few minutes is simply to waste time. If the other team are more likely to score, are chasing for a result and your team is looking a bit tired, defending well but getting a bit of luck, they will just waste a little of that time by making late changes which also stops the other team pressing so hard, takes away a little of their motivation while they wait for the sub to happen. Loads of players will end up getting booked for 'time wasting' =P

Well that makes sense, Football I a hell of alot more tactical than I previously thought, I doubt I'll ever be into it as much as some of my mates, one of whom seems to discover a new football player that nobody has heard of every bloody week, he must make them up or something. Still I will continue to watch the england games, Hopefully we can get even further than in '02

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-13 07:18:43 Reply

At 6/13/10 07:14 AM, rorypearce94 wrote:
Well that makes sense, Football I a hell of alot more tactical than I previously thought, I doubt I'll ever be into it as much as some of my mates, one of whom seems to discover a new football player that nobody has heard of every bloody week, he must make them up or something. Still I will continue to watch the england games, Hopefully we can get even further than in '02

Yeah I never understood how my brothers can name goalscorers from certain games decades ago and how they scored those goals. It does amaze me a bit.

Let's hope so, though I doubt it sadly. :(

BBS Signature