XPISigma
XPISigma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 01:08 PM Reply

Who plays BlazBlue here?

The new Blaz is coming out next month on the 27th! I don't know why, but its $40 new. Who is looking forward to it?

Art blog: xpisigma.tumblr.com
Deviantart: xpisigma.deviantart.com

Retrospective
Retrospective
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 01:13 PM Reply

The story will be even more confusing than before.

Xgsniper
Xgsniper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 01:17 PM Reply

At 6/5/10 01:13 PM, Madnath75 wrote: The story will be even more confusing than before.

And even more seizure-inducing!

KeithHybrid
KeithHybrid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 02:07 PM Reply

Why does this warrant a Mad as Hell smiley? Isn't a new BlazBlue a good thing?

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature
XPISigma
XPISigma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 02:18 PM Reply

At 6/5/10 02:07 PM, KeithHybrid wrote: Why does this warrant a Mad as Hell smiley? Isn't a new BlazBlue a good thing?

It was the only smiley for the job.

JingoJoe14
JingoJoe14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 02:56 PM Reply

I play BlazBlue, but I'm fully convinced that Street Fighter is the better game. CS seems like it will drastically change how the game is played, which is good because the old one was pretty mindless. At the same time, the amount of revamping they did is somewhat unsettling and makes me lose faith in the developer's confidence.

In other words, I believe CS will be a different game with different problems to replace the ones found in the fixed from the first game. I will probably still play it though.

Message me if you ever want to play SFIV or BlazBlue on XBOX Live!
I also enjoy Quake Live.

XPISigma
XPISigma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 03:15 PM Reply

At 6/5/10 02:56 PM, JingoJoe14 wrote: I play BlazBlue, but I'm fully convinced that Street Fighter is the better game. CS seems like it will drastically change how the game is played, which is good because the old one was pretty mindless. At the same time, the amount of revamping they did is somewhat unsettling and makes me lose faith in the developer's confidence.

In other words, I believe CS will be a different game with different problems to replace the ones found in the fixed from the first game. I will probably still play it though.

Heh, I'm actually convinced that BlazBlue is the better game. But ay, preferences, etc.

I'm sure they are balancing characters more this time around, but I don't know of any add-ons to the game play itself. I'm fine with that though, especially at a $40 price tag.

JingoJoe14
JingoJoe14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 5th, 2010 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 6/5/10 03:15 PM, XPISigma wrote: Heh, I'm actually convinced that BlazBlue is the better game. But ay, preferences, etc.

I'm sure they are balancing characters more this time around, but I don't know of any add-ons to the game play itself. I'm fine with that though, especially at a $40 price tag.

From what I can tell (through tournament videos and what not) the game is still as imbalanced as before, just with re-arranged tiers. That doesn't concern me, however. What concerns me is that the game still seems to be grounded in the same mindless rush-down roots as the first. Likewise, the 5-frame buffer is still in, and auto-instant guarding was added in as well (though it will likely see little use).

BB just seems like an overly dumbed down series. The only reason I enjoy it is because I like Carl as a character. That being said, I'd probably prefer playing Melty Blood: Actress Again (which contains two characters similar to Carl), but Melty Blood AA is only available on the PS2 (would prefer being able to use my TE), has no online support, and I know I wouldn't be able to find anyone local to play with.

I also enjoy Quake Live.

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 02:08 AM Reply

At 6/5/10 03:32 PM, JingoJoe14 wrote: BB just seems like an overly dumbed down series.

Hey, don't you play Brawl?

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
Calcos
Calcos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:53 AM Reply

At 6/6/10 02:08 AM, knuxrouge wrote:
At 6/5/10 03:32 PM, JingoJoe14 wrote: BB just seems like an overly dumbed down series.
Hey, don't you play Brawl?

He used to, about a year-and-a-half ago. Now he's all about Street Fighter.

Gamertag: Calcos323
Message me if you feel like playing my sorry ass in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, SSF4, or SSF2T HDRemix.

BBS Signature
Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:55 AM Reply

My friend has been telling me to get it

Is there a good comparison you could suggest?

I've played Soulcal, Street Fighter, MVC2, and Tekken

JingoJoe14
JingoJoe14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 11:59 AM Reply

At 6/6/10 05:55 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: I've played Soulcal, Street Fighter, MVC2, and Tekken

It's most similar to MvC2, but a better comparison would be Guilty Gear or a Doujin game like Melty Blood.

If you want to see what it's like, you could always look up videos, you know.

I also enjoy Quake Live.

megaman4327
megaman4327
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:18 PM Reply

New blazblue? aw asweet well THERE better be some chip damage >:C cause i hate the first one for not even having it Also GUILTY GEAR FTW!

Deadly-Shadow
Deadly-Shadow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 05:49 PM Reply

At 6/5/10 01:13 PM, Madnath75 wrote: The story will be even more confusing than before.

Who actually plays fighting games for the story though?

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 6/6/10 05:53 AM, Calcos wrote: He used to, about a year-and-a-half ago. Now he's all about Street Fighter.

I see, he doesn't like the concept of jumping being a good thing.

I don't get why SF people hate BB, it has footsies, pokes and zoning in tact with the game and even it's equivalent of Sagat, a projectile spamming high priority son of a bitch.

I don't know, I think they just feel threatened by another Fighting game franchise.
You know how us competitive players hate each other because we don't all play the same game.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
DrHood
DrHood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 6th, 2010 @ 09:29 PM Reply

Meh, the new BB will be good for a short time, but I think it'll grow stale really quickly. Sure, there's a couple new characters and some changes to each character, but after we all adjust to it it'll basically be the same game again.

Ignore this signature.

BBS Signature
JingoJoe14
JingoJoe14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to BlazBlue Continuum Shift Jun. 7th, 2010 @ 12:28 AM Reply

At 6/6/10 08:24 PM, knuxrouge wrote: I see, he doesn't like the concept of jumping being a good thing.

I don't even?

I don't get why SF people hate BB, it has footsies, pokes and zoning in tact with the game and even it's equivalent of Sagat, a projectile spamming high priority son of a bitch.

Footsies and Zoning are, without a doubt, less of an emphasis in BB than they are in SF. More importantly, the mind-games aspect of BB is severely less important than it is in SF. That's pretty much the sole reason as to why I prefer Street Fighter IV. You need to play smarter.

I don't know, I think they just feel threatened by another Fighting game franchise.
You know how us competitive players hate each other because we don't all play the same game.

Check out my sig bro. I play BB. In fact, just a few weeks ago I went to a Fighting Game tournament, and I placed 3rd in BB and about 8th in SF. I play them both. However, I prefer Street Fighter. I think it's the better game. It's harder to play both mentally and executionally.

If I can place 3rd in BB, beat out-of-state players, dominate local heavyweights, and do all of this without having played the game for over 3 months, it's because the game isn't smart. That's how I see it. I still think the game is fun, and I'll play anyone anytime on XBOX Live (and have a blast doing so), but I find SF matches a lot more engaging for various reasons.

I also enjoy Quake Live.